~Coincidential Meeting

Psychology Boyfriend

I was going to wrap up this New Year's theme with this chapter...but I just couldn't.

Things would be way too rushed, and I kind of want more things to happen, so I hope you won't mind if it goes until tomorrow (Depsite New Year's being today)

*sigh* School starts again for me on Tuesday, so that means back to weekly updates, and no more frequent updates.

Blame school..LOL

But, I will try to be consistent ^^ Not to worry.

Anyway, enjoy this chapter!

 


 

Previous Chapter:

“Can’t you see she doesn’t want to go with you? Let her go.”

“Why should we? Who are you to tell us what to do?”

“Let her go, will you?”

“No!”

Suddenly, a swarm of men in black came and pulled the boys away from me. Someone pulled me from behind and put himself in front of me.

“You can let them go now,” the voice said.

He’s Korean? Looking out from behind, I saw that the men let go of the guys, who quickly ran away. Letting out a sigh, I calmed down. That was a close call. Who knows what would have happened if I wasn’t helped. Well, I guess I could have called for Yun Ho oppa, but who knows if he would have heard my call. The man spoke again, this time a bit wryly.

“Aren’t you all a little conspicuous? The black in broad day light is a bit much, isn’t it?” 

Looking at the back of the man who rescued me, I questioned who it could be. Who was this man, and why did he have body guards with him? He certainly wasn’t from these parts, considering he was Korean. Speaking of which, his figure and voice sound very familiar... 

“Yun Hee ya, gwen cha na?”

“Jin Ki oppa?!”

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Areumdaun: Beautiful

Meoschin: Handsome

Bwoh: What?!

Arayo (formal): I know

Annyeohyegasaeyo (formal): Bye (when someone is leaving)

Chingu: Friend

Unnie: Older sister (used by females to refer to an older sister or friend)

 


 

I looked at oppa incredulously.  How could he be here?

 

“Yun Hee ya, are you all right?”

 

Jin Ki turned me back and forth, examining to see if I was hurt or not.

 

“Gwen cha na, but that’s not the point.  Oppa, how are you here?”

 

Suddenly, Yun Ho ran across the road and called my name.

 

“Yun Hee ya, are you okay?  I heard a commotion from the store.  Woah…who are those guys? And Jin Ki? Is that you? Why are you here?”

 

Yun Ho looked just as surprised as me to see Jin Ki here.  Didn’t he say that he was spending time with his family? Jin Ki grinned and greeted Yun Ho oppa.

 

“Hyung, it’s nice to see you again.  Yun Hee is fine, she just told me herself.”

“Okay…why are you here then? And who are those people in black?”

 

Jin Ki looked behind him and scratched his head before looking back at us.

 

“It’s a long story.”

 

One of the men in black came over and spoke to Jin Ki.

“Sir, your parents are coming.”

“Aish…”

 

Looking over my shoulder, I saw a car drive down the road.  Stopping near us, the chauffeur stepped out and opened the door, allowing the riders inside to step out.  I saw a areumdaun middle-aged woman step out, followed by a meoschin middle-aged man, someone who Jin Ki bore extraordinary resemblance to, step out as well. I guess I know who these people are, even without being told in the first place. The woman looked at Jin Ki worriedly before speaking.

 

“Jin Ki, is everything all right? I heard there was a scuffle around here.  You said you wanted to walk around a bit.”

“I’m fine Umma, gwen cha nayo.”

 

Jin Ki’s Umma looked over at me and Yun Ho oppa.

 

“And, who are you two?”

 

Bowing 90 degrees, we greeted her and Jin Ki’s father.

 

“Annyeohasaeyo.  Cho neun Kang Yun Hee imnida.  I’m a chingu of Jin Ki’s.”

“Annyeohasaeyo.  Cho neun Kang Yun Ho imnida.  I’m Yun Hee’s brother.”

“Jin Ki dear, do you know these people?”

“Yes.  We coincidently met here.”

“Oh, so are you two on vacation as well?”

“Deh.”

“Where the two of you heading?”

 

Oppa spoke up for the both of us.

 

“We were exploring, but we’re heading back to our hotel now.”

“Are you staying in the La Cherie Hotel?”

“Deh.”

“Perfect.  We’re heading that way as well, so we’ll take you there.”

“You don’t have to—”

“Nonsense.  Any friend of Jin Ki’s is my friend. We’ll see you later then!”

 

With a smile, Jin Ki’s Umma entered the car, followed by Jin Ki’s Appa, who cast a look at me before joining her in the car.  Within a few minutes, another car drove up and a chauffeur opened the door for us to go in.  I was the first to go in, then Yun Ho oppa, and finally Jin Ki oppa.  Once we were on, the car started off toward the hotel. 

I was still in a shock.  I had never seen Jin Ki treated this way, nor had he flaunted his secret lifestyle before.  It was definitely different seeing him surrounded by body guards and being driven around in luxurious sedans.

 

“Sorry for all the trouble.   I had to follow my parents for their business trip this time...an introduction, as they call it into the company. They’re taking extra caution because we’re in a foreign country.”

“Aniyo.  I understand.  You are the precious heir after all.”

“Heir? What are the two of you talking about?”

 

I had forgotten.  Yun Ho was still oblivious to Jin Ki’s background.  Looking at Jin Ki, I saw him nod at me, signaling that he would tell Yun Ho oppa himself.

 

“I’m the heir to the Lee Dong company.”

 

Yun Ho’s eyes widened as he took in the truth. 

“Are you serious?”

“I wouldn’t be joking about this.”

“I guess that explains the chauffeur and the men in black….wow.  Yun Hee, how did you ever get a guy like that to fall for you?”

 

I irritably hit oppa on the backside of his head.

 

“Oppa, do you think I’m a gold digger?!”

 

Jin Ki chuckled to the side, enjoying the brotherly/sisterly brawl that was going on in front of him.

 

“No, that’s not what I meant!”

“Then bwoh? Bwoh?!”

“You know heirs to big companies…they just don’t go for normal girls.”

“Come on now hyung.  I’m insulted.”

“Well, I don’t mean to, but you know what I mean.”

“True…I guess Yun Hee is just special.”

“I know she’s special, but what made you fall for her?”

“Oppa, you’re making Jin Ki nervous.”

“Miahne.  I guess I don’t really have to know.  Still, if you hurt her, men in black won’t stop me from getting you.”

“Arayo.  I won’t be hiding behind them either.  If I do hurt Yun Hee, then I deserve to be punished.”

 

I blushed at his response.  Apparently, Yun Ho was satisfied with that answer.

 

“I’m liking you more and more dongsaeng.”

“Gomawayo hyung.”

 

There was some silence, and looking out the window, I saw we were getting closer to the hotel now.

 

“Oppa, does your family own the La Cherie Hotel as well?”

“Yes, wae?”

“Just wondering.  I’m not surprised I guess.”

 

The car stopped.  The door opened, and everyone filed out of the car, with me getting out last.  I saw Jin Ki’s parents outside as well, and his Umma smiling at me.  She walked over to me and suddenly gave me a hug, whispering softly.

 

“I’ll have to talk to you later.  Don’t worry, it’s nothing bad.”

 

Pulling away, she reached into her bag and pulled out a couple of cards, handing them to me.

 

“Just present these to the counter, and they’ll waiver your hotel fees.”

“Kamsamhamnida.”

“Aniyo.  I’ll see you soon, yes?”

“Deh.  Annyeohyegasaeyo.”

 

I bowed as she walked away.  Standing up straight again, I met Jin Ki’s Appa’s eyes.  They looked indifferent, but they still made me a bit nervous.  He didn’t approve of our relationship, at least according to Jin Ki.  I wondered what was going through his mind when he saw me.  He didn’t exactly know who I was yet, but I was sure he could imagine. I stood there as the car with Jin Ki’s parents drove off, leaving the three of us standing outside the hotel.

 

“Well, that was surprising.”

“What was Yun He ya?” Jin Ki asked.

 

“Your mom is extremely warm towards me…she isn’t going to stab me in the back later, is she?”

 

Jin Ki stared at me before breaking out in laughter.  I looked at him bewilderedly.

 

“What’s so funny?”

 

Yun Ho stared at Jin Ki laughing as well.

 

“Yeah Jin Ki.  How is this funny?”

 

We had to wait for Jin Ki to stop laughing before he could answer our questions. When he finally did, he was still grinning.

 

“Umma isn’t like that.  If she sincerely likes you, then she’ll be like that at the beginning.”

“Oh, phew.  Now all I have to do is get on your Appa’s good side…”

 

And I know how hard that will be. Jin Ki pulled me into a hug, my hair.

 

“Gwen cha na jagiya.  You’ll be able to do it.”

“I wouldn’t worry about it too much either Yun Hee.  You can be very determined…and can you guys stop doing that? It’s too mushy for me to handle.”

 

Jin Ki and I grinned before pulling apart from our hug.  Suddenly, Jin Ki’s hand phone started ringing.  Pulling it out, he answered for a little bit before closing his phone.

 

“I have to leave now.  Appa’s orders…sorry.”

“You should go.  Don’t want to keep him waiting.”

“Arasso.  I’ll see you later.”

 

He pulled me in for a kiss on the forehead before pulling back, grinning at Yun Ho oppa.

 

“Couldn’t resist.  Sorry hyung.”

 

With a smile at me, he went into the car and was driven away.  Yun Ho and I walked into the hotel, going back to our rooms for a rest before dinner.  When we got inside, we threw ourselves on our individual beds.

 

“You sure have a lot on your plate Yun Hee.”

“I know, and this is only the beginning.”

“How long have you known this about him?”

“Since Thanksgiving?”

“Oh…wow.”

“Yeah, I had a hard time wrapping my mind around it too.”

“By the way, what did that woman say?”

“She said she was going to see me soon, but I have no idea how or when.  I have no doubt she’ll find a way though.  She is the wife of the Lee Dong’s CEO.”

“Do you think Appa and Umma know about Jin Ki yet?”

“I haven’t told them yet, and I don’t think Jin Ki has either…so probably not.”

“When do you think you’ll tell them?”

“I have no idea…”

 

*****

For the next couple of days, my family and I went touring around New Caledonia.  We went fishing, diving, and hiking.  We flew to see the Isle of Pines, The West Coast (where we saw the famous heart that was seen from above, like in Boys Over Flowers), and many other places.  Swimming was something we did a lot, and it was a great experience, considering the crystal clear water that was beautiful sight to behold. 

Soon, the New Year was creeping upon us, and we learned from the hotel staff that there would be a New Year’s party. Of course, you were only admitted if you were invited, and had the proof of the invitation.

 

“Who do you think is hosting the party?”

“Probably Jin Ki’s parents.  Who else?” I said.

 

We were relaxing in our room.  Yun Ho was flipping through the channels on the t.v. and I was surfing the internet.  Today was a Friday, and we were leaving Sunday afternoon.  I had had such a fun time, and I would miss New Caledonia, but the sound of home was nice too. 

Looking at the waiver cards from Jin Ki’s Umma on the nightstand next to me, I wondered: Wasn’t she going to see me soon? It had been a couple of days now, but I heard no word from her.  I hadn’t even been able to talk to Jin Ki either.  He wasn’t able to reply to my texts, nor did he ever call back.  I wonder what happened…

Suddenly, Umma came rushing into our room (she had the card to our room as well) dragging Appa along.  Yun Ho and I looked up from our respective places, and wondered what was going on.

 

“You’ll never guess who your Appa met at the entrance!”

“Who Umma?”

“His university chingu.  His name is Lee Jae Min, and he’s hosting the party at the hotel tonight…and your Appa and I are invited!”

“Chinchayo? That’s great Umma! You’ll have tons of fun.”

“Do you know what’s more surprising? I met my Unnie from university as well…she’s married to Lee Jae Min! What a coincidence, right?”

“Wow, that really is strange.”

“Isn’t it? Anyway, I just wanted to let you two know where we’re going to be tomorrow tonight.  I know it’s New Year’s, so if you want to go anywhere, please be back before we are.”

 

Yun Ho got up from the couch where he was sitting and walked over to stand where I was sitting.

 

“And when will that be?”

“Most likely around 1:00 am.  It is New Year’s after all.”

“Arasso Umma.  Have fun tomorrow tonight with Appa.  I’ll take care of Yun Hee.”

“Good.  It’s almost time for dinner, so come down to the hotel restaurant in about an hour’s time.  We’ll eat there tonight.”

“Deh!”

 

With a smile, Umma and Appa left the room. Not long after, someone knocked on our door.  Yun Ho looked at me curiously before opening the door, and coming back with envelopes in his hand.  He handed one to me before looking at his and opening it.  Setting my laptop aside, I looked at the elegant envelope that was addressed to me before opening it. Taking out the stiff card, I opened it and gasped as I read.

 

You are cordially invited to Lee Dong’s Annual New Year’s Party.

12-31-2011

Time: 7:00 pm until 1:00 am

Location: La Cherie Hotel’s Ballroom

52508 Place desCocotiers, Nouméa, New Caledonia

 


 

Ohh, Yun Hee and Yun Ho are invited to this party as well ^^

I hope you liked this chapter!

Comment and Subscribe, those of you who haven't already!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

--iluvreading--: Mm, I hope this chapter answers your questions ^^ I just saw a review you posted in a blog...you review stories? I'd like if you were to review this story once it's done ^^

SHINeepoofs: LOLOL, that would work if Jin Ki was in black ^^ Only his body guards are actually dressin black suits (sorry to disappoint you :/)

tofulurvers: I'm glad you  love lurve the update ^^ I hope you'll like this one too!

crazy4you: Yup, Jin Ki has some back up this time...body guards xD

OnewxChicken4ever: Well, half kidnapped.  She was locked in an empty shed on the school campus, but...still.

MissLOLA1412: I hope you liked the update..do tell me how it is :D

rialoves: I think after reading this chapter, your question will be answered ^^

damsel6533: Lol, Yun Hee does have a lot of people protecting her ^^

TofuCharismaShawol: Yup Yup...was that too predicatble? >.< Love the v sign there ^^

pResTige: Oh, I guess it was too predictable huh...I should really change that :/

theclumsywitch: Yeah, he was experiencing heartbreak...so he followed Yun Hee (not really, he was here on family business).

Vengeance: I especially like cinnamon twists ^^ LOLOL (I know, that wasn't funny.  Feel free not to laugh ^^)

onsangtae: If it was some missing twin across the world...wow.  Some plot that would be xD

ohhzuii56: I'm glad you like it ^^ Jin Ki is definitely full of surprises.

Lorena: Well, he's here on a business trip with his parents, by coincidence (Ah, the joys of being a writer...you can make anything happen! xD)

starlove: Yeah, it is amazing isn't it? How cool to meet your boyfriend when he says he'll be busy back home.

MechanicalAngel: I guess I read your mind? Haha.  I was thinking it was time for it to show...I hope it's all right :D Love love love..reminds me of CN Blue <3 (SHINee is still #1 though ^^)

asian_poprocks: It would be cool to have Yun Ho as a brother :D Btw, cool username...know where I can get some? LOL (Welcome to my story too! Hope you'll stay till the end.)

Shizine19: Jin Ki pwns...definitely :D

jay_rose: Hehe, all righty.  I hope you liked this update as well!

amyra961: I'd like a boyfriend like him as well :D Life would be easier...money wise xD