~Going to the Market

Psychology Boyfriend

Happy 4th of July everyone.

Well, at least to the ones who celebrate it.

My family had a huge barbeque, and man it was good :D

Before I head out to buy ingredients for kimbap, I decided to update.

It's not an early morning update either! I'm proud of myself xD

It's a really long one, so enjoy it ^^


 


 

Previous Chapter:

 

“Oppa! Go finish your homework.”

He got off the bed and put his hands up in surrender.

“Arasso, arasso.  Oppa is going now.”

I was already working on the last problem but decided to spoil him.

“Love you oppa.”

“Love you too.”

And so we went back to our work, the silence filling the room once again.

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Eodi gasaeyo (formal): Where are you going?

Halmeoni: Grandma, but you can all any other elderly woman that as well.

Sagwa: Apple

Ddalgi: Strawberry

Subak: Watermelon

 


 

After an hour or two, the both of us managed to finish our homework.  After putting my books away, I stood up and stretched. Feeling arms snake around my waist from behind, I smiled.

 

“Oppa?”

“Hmm?”

“What are you doing?”

“Hugging, you, wae?”

“Ani.”

 

I leaned back into his embrace, and we stayed there for a little while until we were interrupted by Umma.

 

“Yun Hee ya!”

“Neh!”

“Could you come down for a little bit?”

“Coming.”

 

I pulled out of Jin Ki’s embrace before grasping his hand and bringing him down with me.  Meeting my mother in the hall way, dressed up.

 

“Umma, eodi gasaeyo?”

“My company called an emergency and needed a file I had sooner than I thought.  I’m just heading down to the office and then off to grocery shopping.”

 

She looked at Jin Ki apologetically.

 

“I’m sorry, but dinner might be a little late today.”

‘Gwen cha nayo eomonim.”

“Umma.”

“Yes, dear?”

“Why don’t I go grocery shopping for you.  I’m sure it’ll be faster that way.”

“Could you? But what about your homework.”

“You’re in luck, since Jin Ki and I just finished it.”

“Really? Well, in that case, it’d be very helpful.  Dinner would certainly be on the table faster.”

 

She took out a slip of paper from her purse before handing it to me.  Taking it, I scanned the items on the list before looking up.

 

“It won’t be a problem Umma.  Come home soon.”

“Arasso. Gomawo Yun Hee ya.”

 

She hugged me good bye and waved to Jin Ki before leaving the house. Turning to Jin Ki, I waved the list and smiled.

 

“I guess we’re going grocery shopping today.”

 

He grinned and nodded.

 

“I guess we are.”

“Are you ready to go? I just need to go grab my purse.”

“Yeah, I’ll wait down here for you.”

“Arasso.”

 

I went upstairs for my purse and checked my appearance before heading back down to the foyer. Jin Ki and I both stepped out of the house before making our way to the market via Jin Ki’s car. 

Arriving at the market, Jin Ki grabbed a cart and followed me as we entered.  Heading to the produce section, I began to scan the list again. Umma wanted to make some cream pasta tonight, along with some salad, so that meant we would be needing various vegetables.

 

“What do we need jagi?”

“Um, some vegetables.  First off, some lettuce, preferably romaine.”

“How’s this one?”

 

He handed me one and I rolled it around in my hands, making sure there were no yellow edges, and that it looked fresh.

 

“Chuayo.  You picked a good one oppa.”

 

Putting it in a bag, I set it in our car before moving on to the bell peppers.

 

“I just have a good eye for things.”

“Really?” I asked, while choosing bell peppers and putting them into the bag.

“Yeah, whether it be produce, classes, choices, people, friends...”

 

I turned around and smirked as I placed the bell peppers into the cart, looking up at him afterwards.

 

“I see. I don’t suppose you have a good eye for anything else, do you?”

 

I turned around and walked toward the tomatoes, opening a bag in the process.  Jin Ki followed me and placed the cart by us before coming to stand next to me, choosing tomatoes too.

 

“Well, I guess there’s one more thing.”

“Hmm, and what would that be?”

 

He handed me a tomato and I placed it into the bag without checking it, reaching for another one.

 

“You’re not checking it?”

“I trust you.  Besides, it seems like you’ve done this before.  I wouldn’t expect you to choose something less than perfect to suit your expensive tastes.”

 

I could sense him smiling next to me as I placed the last tomato into the bag and then into the cart.

 

“Besides, you didn’t answer my question yet.”

“I was getting there.”

“Of course.”

“What else do we need?”

“Spring onions, and white onions.”

“They’re over there.”

“Keu dae?”

 

And I made my way over, eyeing the perfect bunch to buy. 

 

“Oppa, could you look at the white onions please?”

“Sure.”

 

And he left to choose the onions while I finally put a bunch of spring onions into the cart. Now all that was left were some cucumbers and mushrooms. Steering the car and making my way over to the cucumbers, happy to see the mushrooms were next to them.  Selecting some of both, I put them into the cart. Jin Ki found me and made his way over to deposit the white onions into the car.

 

“Anything else?”

“I think the vegetables are taken care of.  Now we just need some fruit.  What do you like oppa?”

“Sagwa, banana, orange, ddalgi, subak?”

 

Giggling, I shook my head.

 

“I’m not sure we get all of those today, but maybe you can narrow your choices down?”

“In that case…sagwa and ddalgi.”

“Apples and strawberries it is then.”

 

We rolled over to the fruit section and picked out a box of strawberries that looked fresh.  Afterward, we went to select a few apples for dessert afterward.

 

“Which apples are your favorite oppa?”

“Any are fine, but I think I like Fuji the best.”

“Nadu.  They’re really sweet, aren’t they?”

“Like you? Yeah, I guess, but nowhere as near.”

“Oppa!”

 

I blushed as I put the apples into our cart and wheeled it away.  I heard him chuckle as he followed me. Catching up, he walked leisurely beside the cart that I pushed. Stopping in the pasta aisle, I rolled down to check for the pasta brand Umma told me to get.

 

“What are you looking for?”

“Pasta, with this brand. And then cheese.  I'll go get that. Be right back”

 

I pointed to the words Umma wrote onto the list.  Oppa nodded and then began to search as I left to get the cheese, returning minutes later.  After a couple of minutes, Oppa found the bag and came back with it.

 

“Jagi, is it this one?”

“Yes, that looks about right.  We’ll need about 2 bags of it.”

“I’ll go get another one.”

 

He set the bag into the cart and went back for another.  Looking back at the list, I crossed off the pasta, and the rest of the things we had already gotten.  Umma said we already had meat at home, so there was no need to get it today.  Looking at the last thing on the list, I let out a laugh.

 

Anything Jin Ki wants 

 

Jin Ki came back and put the pasta into the cart before standing up straight.

 

“Here.  Do we need anything else?”

“Anything else you want?”

“Hmm?”

 

I showed him the list while smirking.

 

“Umma didn’t forget about you.”

“Aren’t I lucky?”

“Yes, so, is there anything?”

“Nothing in particular, but let me think.”

“Arasso.”

 

And so we began to walk randomly around the rest of the market, before coming to the sweets section.

 

“I’m in the mood for some ice cream.”

“Now? When it’s almost dinner time? You’re going to spoil your appetite.”

“Just a little one, please jagiya?”

 

And he looked at me with those puppy eyes and pouting lips.  I held out for a little bit before sighing and shaking my head.

 

“All right, one, and that’s it, arasso?”

“Gomawo jagiya!”

 

And he wrapped his arm around my waist and steered us toward the ice cream section.  After he got his ice cream, I stopped to look at the sea weed for sale before a voice interrupted us.

 

“Is this sea weed good?”

 

I looked up to meet the face of an elderly woman. Smiling, I nodded.

 

“It’s the brand I usually get, and it’s on sale today.”

“Really? I might just buy some.  My grandson really likes seaweed.”

“If so, then I recommend this one.”

“All right.  Thank you.”

“Aniyo. Have a nice day halmeoni.”

 

I turned around and put the seaweed into the cart. Jin Ki looked at me as I did.

 

“Kim?”

“Yes, it’s on sale.  I like using it to make kimbap.”

“Are you two a newlywed couple?”

 

I turned around in surprise to find the woman still there. Blushing, I opened my mouth to answer her question.

 

“Newlywed couple, the two of us? No, you’re mis—”

 

Suddenly, Jin Ki came up to me and pulled me close to him, wrapping his arm around my waist.

 

“Deh halmeoni! We are! How did you know?”

 

She laughed and shook her head.

 

“I can spot them a mile away.  You two are glowing with happiness.  It’s very cute the two of you are grocery shopping together.  Every newlywed couple has to do that.”

“Aniyo—”

“Yes, you are right.  We are quite happy, right jagiya?”

“Sure?”

“Well, I’ll go my own way now.  You two stay happy, you hear?”

“Deh halmeoni!”

 

The elderly woman smiled and walked away, leaving us alone.  Pushing my way away from Jin Ki, I glared at him.

 

“I know we’re together, but you don’t have to lie to that poor woman.”

“What? She acknowledges I have good tastes.”

“Good tastes?”

“That’s the other thing I’m good at picking: a girlfriend.”

“Aish, chincha.”

 

I blushed as I looked away and pushed the cart out toward the checkout.  It was still weird for me to think that we would be married someday.  No, I wasn’t repulsed by the idea but it was still a far way off, right? It was barely three months into the relationship. No, I was being too pessimistic and uptight again.  I had to let myself relax and decided that I would cross the bridge when I came to it.

After paying for the groceries, we put them into the trunk before Jin I and I sat on the hood of his car to eat the ice cream.  It wasn’t anything large, but I really hoped it wouldn’t spoil his appetite.

 

“Jagi, you want some?”

“No, I’m fine.”

“You sure?”

“Yes.”
“You sure?”

“Yes Oppa.”

“Take a bite then.”

“Ehh?”

 

And he took the advantage of my mouth being open and slipped the bar into my mouth.  Staring at him, I took a bite before he pulled it away and took a bite himself.  Eventually we both finished the bar taking turns taking bites. Throwing away the stick, we both wiped our mouths clean and made our way home.

 

“You know.”

“Know what oppa?”

“We just shared a bunch of indirect kisses.”

 

I slapped his arm playfully in response.

 

“Oppa, I thought you were past all this already.”

“I’m just stating the truth.”

“Whatever…”

“You haven’t given me a kiss since school ended.”

 

I looked over at him to see him pouting.  I smiled and shook my head before looking back ahead.

 

“Green light oppa.”

“Oh.”

 

When we pulled up at home, I unbuckled my seatbelt.

“Oppa.”

“Hmm?”

 

As he turned toward me, I leaned in to give him a quick kiss before pulling back, grinning.

 

“There, are you happy now?”

 

Smirking, he pulled me in for another one before answering.

 

“Now I am.”

 


 

Omg, I must in the mood for fluff, because this chapter was filled with it.

Aren't you guys grossed out already? xD

As always, Comment and Subscribe!!!!!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

RosyFanfiction: Yeah, I'm bad with the suspense, but I promise it will be coming up.  I believe the story will be ending soon..at least I think it will xD

Shizine19: Yeah, I think it's bound to happen right? :p

amyra961: I know I'm jealous of this couple too.  I hope I'll have a boyfriend as nice as the one I've created in this story ^^

SHINeepoofs: I know, it is really fluffy.  I have no idea how I came up with it, since I'm not usually a fluff kind of person..haha

xueqiong: Thank you for the support! Hope you enjoyed this chapter :D

Lorena: I'm jealous too.  I suppose what I want in a real boyfriend transfers into my characters?

shawol4lifeminnie: Yeah, it's soo fluffy I'm going to die! Lol, I hope I got that right?

--muzikbyul: It's nothing like that.  It was just my mistake as a careless author. I forgot to write about it...or maybe I did but I forgot? Miahne!

jay_rose: I think you'll find this chapter to your liking as well.  I've always wanted to write about situations like these :D

onsangtae: Hmm, break up?...I don't know about that...

Usmile_4eva: Yay, a new commenter here :D When you get here...soon, considering you're only at chapter 13 from your comment? Haha.  I'm happy that you like my story.  I hope the rest of it won't bore you! Please comment again when you get here ^^ You do flower projects? That's soo cool! I've never tried anything like that.  Thanks so much for reading and enjoying it, despite having to work :)

amyluong: Yeah, stalkers are creepy.  I hope you're not speaking from experience :(