~Birthday Gift

Psychology Boyfriend

Heylo there!

I hope you all liked the last chapter.

Again, I won't have time to day to answer to comments or post up Korean Vocabulary, but tomorrow, after break starts (Yay!), I'll go back and edit everything.

So if you want to know what I said to your comments, or had a question about a particular word, then you can go back...if not.  Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you like this chapter!

 


 

Previous Chapter:

Tae Min nodded. “Gwen cha na Yun hee. We can take care of it.”

He turned to Jin Ki.

“Hyung, why don’t you take Yun Hee home? You can take her in your car.”

Jin Ki nodded and stood up, herding me toward the door.

“Kaja Yun Hee ah. The guys said you don’t have to clean up.”

“But—!”

“No buts. They said it’s fine. Anyway, thank you guys for the awesome bday party!” 

The rest of the guys nodded their heads and waved bye, ushering us out the door. I quickly said good bye to them and Min Ho’s parents, before being pulled out the door by Jin Ki.

Once we made it down the steps, he stopped pulling me and simply walked by my side to his car. Opening the door, he let me get inside before closing it and going over to his side. Starting the engine, he drove off to take me home.

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Seonmul: Present

Peonji: Letter

Naega pigonhamnida (formal): I'm tired

Neomu chuwoyo (formal): It's really cold.

Aegi: Baby

 


 

After pulling up the car by my house, Jin Ki turned off the engine and turned toward me. I took off my seatbelt before turning toward him and meeting his gaze.

 

“So, about that seonmul…”

 

I decided to play around a little bit. I know I do that a lot…but there is some joy in tricking him.

 

“I already gave it to you.”

“Bwoh?”

“Your birthday cake.  I was the one who made it.  Isn’t that a good enough present?  Filled with sarang?”

“Oh…sure.”

“Why do you seem so disappointed?  Were you expecting something more?”

 

He avoided my eyes, and I couldn’t help smiling.  I reached into my bag, and pulled out the wrapped cd, holding it front of his face.  When he saw it, his smile grew.

 

“I guess it’s a good thing.  You know me well enough to know that I wouldn’t just give you a birthday cake on your birthday,” I said, smirking.

 

He smiled sheepishly and unwrapped the present, revealing the simple, but decorated cd cover I had given him.

 

“A cd?”

“Mm.  I’ve put a couple of your favorite songs, and some of mine.  Just so you can share some of my interests in music.  Plus, some piano covers as well.”

“You play piano too?”

“Yup.  Bet you didn’t know that.”

 

I stuck my tongue out at him.  He shook his head and grinned.

 

“Nope, but now I do.”

“I know it isn’t much, but I did work hard on it.”

“Aniyo.  I love it.  I’ll listen to it a lot, arasso?”

 

Nodding my head, I agreed.  Reaching into my bag again, I pulled out the letter, handing it to him.

 

“What’s this?”

“Peonji.  To go with the seonmul.  I just thought it would complete it.”

“Do you want me to read it now, or later?”

 

I blushed.

 

“I guess now would be fine.”

“Dear, Jin Ki—”

 

I hurriedly and slammed my hand over his mouth, blushing harder.

 

“J…just not aloud, please.”

 

Jin Ki smirked under my hand and slowly removed my hand, keeping it in his.  Silently, he read the letter that I had written him.

 

Dear Jin Ki,

            Saengil chugha! ^^ You thought I had forgotten, didn’t you? Ke ke ke. Well, I didn’t, so you don’t have to worry about that.  What kind of yeoja chingu would I be to not notice that detail? Anyway, don’t be mad at me anymore for ignoring you today, and going around with your friends instead of you.  I was doing for the sole purpose of surprising you for your birthday.  ^^

            Birthday wishes! Mm…I hope you’ll have a nice birthday (aside from what happened this morning of course).  I hope you get lots of presents, and appreciate the one that I’ve made you.  I put a lot of work on it! :3 Listen to it lots and lots in your room, car, or where ever.  Even the bathroom if you want to (that was a bit weird, I admit it). Oh, and the cake, I hope you’ll like that too.  I made it you know :D Hope it doesn’t taste weird…

            Lastly, I’d like to thank your parents for bring you into the world.  The world always needs another nice and caring person like you.  I’m glad I was able to know you this year, even if it was because a project, but still.  Hopefully, I’ll get to know you better in the future and vice versa.  I think I’ll end this letter here right now, since I just heard the timer ring, telling me your cake is done.  Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 

                                                                                    <3 Yun Hee

 

He looked up after he finished reading the letter and smiled at me.

 

“Gomawayo Yun Hee ya.”

“Aniyo…”

 

I looked up to meet his gaze, only to find them intensely focused on me.  I gulped and looked away, clearing my throat.  His hand was still on mine, and suddenly, I felt very warm, even though it was the beginning of winter.  I unbuckled myself began to open the door.

 

“W…well.  It’s getting late, so I should be get—”

 

Jin Ki then pulled me back swiftly as I tried to get out and leaned over, placing his lips over mine as I turned toward him. After getting over the shock, I closed my eyes and kissed him back.

 

We stayed like that for a while before breaking apart. Grinning, Jin Ki leaned in for a quick peck before reaching behind me and opening the door.  I smiled before going out and waving before closing the car door and walking into the house. Closing and locking the door, I smiled as my face flushed, remembering the kiss we shared just moments earlier.

 

I was surprised when Umma greeted me. I turned around and cleared my throat, hoping my red face would die down.

 

“Honey, is something wrong?’

“A..aniyo!  Naega pigonhamnida.  We had a lot of fun at the party, that’s all.”

"Why is your face all red?"

"Neomu chuwoyo...Brrr!"

“Aigoo, my poor aegi.  Go take a warm bath and change into warm clothes before you go to bed, hmm?  It is getting late.”

“Deh, good night Umma.  Where’s appa?”

“He’s in his home office upstairs.”

“Arasso.”

 

So I went up the stairs quickly and poked my head into Appa’s office.

 

“Appa.”

 

He looked up from his laptop.

 

“Ah, Yun Hee.  You’re home I see.”

“Deh, I was just popping in to say good night.  I’m going to sleep now.”

“Arasso, good night.”

“Deh.”

 

So I skipped, yes, skipped, to my room and prepared my pajamas and toiletries before going to the bathroom.  I took a quick shower, bushed my teeth, and washed my face.  When I had patted my face dry, I looked up at the mirror and my eyes zeroed onto my lips.  I slowly brought my fingers up to my lips and traced them, before squealing.

 

After realizing what I was doing, I cleared my throat and gathered my things before walking out of the bathroom and too my room.

 

When I had turned off the lights and was finally in bed, I couldn’t help grinning again.

 

Jin Ki and I had kissed many times before, but that kiss in the car was something different.  I don’t know how, but there was just something special about it, and I definitely liked it. I wonder if there will other kisses like that one.

 

I woke up the next morning extremely happy.  Of course, the kiss was still on my mind, so I danced around getting ready for school.  I even skipped down the stairs, and my parents gave me strange looks as I pranced around the kitchen obtaining my breakfast.

 

“You seem to be very happy today, Yun Hee,” Umma commented as she took a sip from her coffee.

“I just got a lot of sleep last night, that’s all.”

“Even with coming home from the party?” Appa asked a bit apprehensively.

 

I guess what I said didn’t quite make much sense, but I managed to come up with a believable excuse.

 

“Deh.  Usually, I wake up in the middle of the night on normal nights, but I must have been so tired last night that I slept soundly to the morning.  That’s probably why.”

 

It was a paradox in a sense, but my parents seemed to believe it. 

I sat down at the table and dug into my bowl of Cheerios.  Once I was done, I rinsed my bowl and set it on the rack, going back upstairs to collect my school bag.  When I came back down again, I kissed my parents good bye before going out the door.

 

And who was waiting there in his car parked on the street?  Jin Ki of course.  Yesterday’s memories flooded through my mind again and I felt my face flush.  I walked up to his car and opened the door, letting myself in.  I greeted him silently and refused to look at him, because if I did, I was sure that my face would get even more red.  He chuckled softly and leaned over, buckling my seatbelt for me, and stealing a quick peck on the cheek before sitting back in his seat and driving us to school.

 

Arriving at school, we both walked into school hand in hand.  Like every morning, we stopped at my locker to get my Calculus book.  Unlike every morning, something else fell out of the locker this time.  It was probably another of those dang notes.  Before I could pick it up, Jin Ki had stooped down to pick it up for me. 

 

“Yun Hee, what is this?”

 

I sighed.

 

“I don’t know.  What does it say?”

 

Instead of reading aloud, he was smart to show it to me instead.

 

First you go after Jin Ki, and now you get tired of him?

You’re even cheating on him with his friend Ki Bum!

You’d think you’d pick someone else a little more conspicuous?

Because of that, you’ll pay, even more than last time.

Watch your back.

 

I sighed.  It was one of those notes again.  Apparently this time, they were starting rumors about me cheating on Jin Ki with Ki Bum, all because of the surprise party.  I think I might just beat the crap out of Ki Bum, or worse….Why did I let him hang his arm around me?

 

“Watch your back?”

"That's what it said in all the other notes."

"Yeah, I know..."

 

And he started snickering.  Glaring at him, I snatched the note out of his hand and stuffed it into my bag.

 

"Yah, what's so funny?  Isn't this supposed to be serious?

"It is but..."

 

He snickered a little more before stopping when I glared at him.

 

"Miahne, but, the idea of you cheating on me is very funny.  I wonder how they got this idea?"

"I told you, they twist the truth.  But why is so funny?"

"You'd never do that to me."

"How do you know?"

 

I retorted before slamming my locker closed and walking off to Calculus.  I heard footsteps on the floor as Jin Ki ran to catch up to me, and felt his hand on my arm pulling me around to face him.

 

"Yun Hee, what did you just say?"

"I didn't say anything."

"Yes you did.  You said something about how I wouldn't know if you were cheating on me."

"And what about it."

"Why did you say that?"

 

I sighed.

 

"I just said it because I was mad that you were laughing.  You said it yourself: you know that I would never cheat on you."

"I do?"

 

I looked at him and could see a hint of pain in his eyes.  It made me feel guilty for saying those words thoughtlessly.  Stepping closer, I looked up at him.

 

"Oppa."

"What?"

"I'm sorry for saying those words, but I sincerely am not cheating and will never cheat on you, ever."

 

He sighed and ruffled his hair in frustration before answering me while avoiding my gaze.

 

"I..I know you won't do that.  It's ju--"

 

I pulled his collar toward me and kissed him as his face turned to mine. Slowly, I felt his arms wrap around my waist as he kissed back.

Pulling back, I looked at him again and repeated my words.

 

"I will not cheat on you, so please believe me."

 

With a peck on the cheek and a small reassuring smile, I pulled away and walked into class, leaving Jin Ki outside in the hallway.

 


 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                                                        12/15/11

            I can say that yesterday was the best birthday I’ve ever had?  No, it wasn’t because of the presents (though I got plenty, and they were all cool).  No, it wasn’t the fact that my own friends and girlfriend ignored me the whole morning and afternoon for no reason (well, that was what I thought, anyway).  Yes, they ignored me, and I never thought that it was because of my birthday.  What did they do?  The few that I had classes with, they didn’t even talk to me.  They even ditched me at lunch, saying they had something else to do, but I found out they were all eating in the school courtyard.

            What did Yun Hee do?  Well, I’ve been picking her up every morning to go to school, but that day, I went to her house and I waited for her, but she didn’t come out.  It was getting late, so I went up to the door and knocked.  Her mom opened up saying that she had already gone to school 20 minutes earlier than usual.  So, I waited out there for nothing.  When I got to school, the bell had already rung, so I didn’t even get to see her. 

After first period ended, I went to walk Yun Hee to her second period class.  I saw her, but she didn’t see me.  Even when I called her name, she ignored me.  It was really embarrassing to yell across the hallway.  Then, when second period came, I went to find her so I could walk her to class…again.  But who should I find her with, but Ki Bum? With his arm around her as well! I can’t tell you how jealous I felt at that moment.  Finally, I was able to see her for psychology, but except for that cold greeting, we didn’t talk much. 

            During lunch, her friends gave me their cards, wishing me a happy birthday, and then when they asked if Yun Hee had anything, she just sheepishly smiled and said she didn’t even know it was my birthday!  I felt something drop to the bottom of my stomach.  The rest of the day didn’t go that well either.  She ignored me in biology, and when I went to take her home from p.e., I found out that she had already left.  Again, I was left waiting for nothing.  Once I got home, I just fell down on my bed and took a nap.  I definitely wasn’t in the mood to do anything.  When I woke up, I forced myself to do homework.  Then, Min Ho calls me in the middle of no where, asking me to come over to his house to help him with homework.  Let’s say I wasn’t too thrilled, but I went anyway.

            When I arrived, I was met with a great  surprise.  They had all been ignoring me because they were planning a surprise party for me.  I immediately forgave them because honestly, how could I not?  The party went great, but like I said, the best part of my birthday wasn’t because of the two things above.  It was because of Yun Hee.  She gave me a cd that she had compiled with a mix of our favorite songs, and a couple that she covered on the piano.  I didn’t know what happened, but for some reason, I just wanted to kiss her.  And so I did.

            It’s a little embarrassing to write about this, but I’m not ashamed of what I did.  There was something special about it, and I can't put my finger on it, but I can honestly say that was the best part of my birthday.

            I won’t write anymore, because I feel like this entry is long enough.  Will write later.

 

                                                                                    Lee Jin Ki

 


 

End of this chapter...I hope you liked it!

See you all Saturday for another update :D

Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

 

whitelove: I know how it feels to wait for something, but I hope the wait was worth it!

amyra961: I hope you liked this update!

TofuCharismaShawol: I'm glad you like it, and from the looks of your username, I'm thinking you're Onew and Min Ho biased..am I right? :D

pResTige: I hope you liked the second part!

onsangtae: Yeah, the one thing about being an idol is that you don't really have a lot of free time.  You're always on the go, and always working.  At least he had a happy time working with this fans and members.

Iheartlife: Please wait patiently! :D

Lorena: Yeah, personal presents are really special, especially if the latter put effort into it.

Zimraphel: Was Jin Ki's reaction good enough for you? (I hope it was >.<)

Vengeance: Yeah, Tae Min got the simplest and easiet gift ever...a stuff toy, and it's filled with meaning! hehe

MissLOLA1412: I hope you liked this update!

MechanicalAngel: Yeah, I have a soft side for cute things. You can obviously tell by the writing I do xD

shawol4lifeminnie: Yup, I hope Jin Ki had an awesome birthday.

jay_rose: I'm glad you liked the update :D

 

Lorena: Yeah, personal presents are really special, especially if the latter put effort into it.

Zimraphel: Was Jin Ki's reaction good enough for you? (I hope it was >.<)

Vengeance: Yeah, Tae Min got the simplest and easiet gift ever...a stuff toy, and it's filled with meaning! hehe

MissLOLA1412: I hope you liked this update!

MechanicalAngel: Yeah, I have a soft side for cute things. You can obviously tell by the writing I do xD

shawol4lifeminnie: Yup, I hope Jin Ki had an awesome birthday.

jay_rose: I'm glad you liked the update :D

 Lorena: Yeah, homemade presents are really special when the thought and effort is put into them! 

Zimraphel: So, how was his reaction? Was it satisfactory?

Vengeance: Yup, Tae Min's present was probably the most meaningful xD

MissLOLA1412: I hope you liked this update!