~Hidden Secrets

Psychology Boyfriend

Wow, kind of crazy...we're on the 20th chapter already, and I still have a whole lot of story to go!

I remember arriving at this chapter for "More than a of Luck/An Unexpected Encounter" and I was already out of ideas, plus the story was ending.

I guess this storyline is more interesting to create, or I'm just getting better with my imagination? xD

Anyway, I'll just stop this blabbering and let you go onto this new chapter.

Oh, another note!

You know the suffix ah? Like Yun Hee ah?  Well, it's supposed to be ya.  I've been learning a little korean (watch out for new complicated words!) and I learned that ah, is for when your name ends in a consonant.  Ya is used if your name ends in a vowel, so hence, it is Yun Hee ya, not ah.  Sorry for the confusion.  When I have the time, I'll go back and change them all (that's going to be fun..xD)

 


 

Previous Chapter:

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                                                    10/25/11

         I have good news, and bad news to tell. Which one should I start with first? Let’s start with the bad news, and hope that the good news will make up for it.

         Now, for the bad news…I was kidnapped and locked in the old school sports equipment shed. I don’t know who did it, but I have a hunch. It was really my darkest hour, and I had no idea what to do. I tried everything to escape, but it was useless. I was so terrified that I would be stuck in the shed for the whole night, and no one would find me until the coming morning.

         Then, Jin Ki came and found me. That’s the good news. I didn’t know how long I was trapped in there, but it was for at least a couple of hours. Jin Ki, who I only knew for two weeks, had stayed in front of the school waiting for me. Then, when I didn’t come out, he went looking for me! Every time I think about it, I get all happy inside. Although I had to go through that ordeal, from it, I learned how it felt like to be cared for. I learned that this is how it feels to have someone to trust and depend on.

         I admit, I didn’t really want to do this project in the beginning. I thought, ‘how can anyone go through this project without being uncomfortable or getting hurt in the end?’ It was ridiculous. What’s more, I was mad at being partnered up with the most popular guy in the school. For days, I had people whispering behind my back, stares as I walked down the hallways, and the scariest of all, the glares of the girls who wished they were in my shoes. Still, I have come to learn that this project has enabled me to learn so many things about relationships, and it has made me a better person, at least in the field of dating and relationships. I’m definitely more experienced now that I was before, and hopefully, I’ll be able to learn more from now till the end of the project.

         I think that’s the end for this entry? Until later,

 

                                   Kang Yun Hee

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Hyung: Name used by a male to refer to an older brother or guy friend

Gwe cha na (informal): Don't worry.  Means 'Are you all right?' when asked in a question

Oppa: Name used by a female to refer to her older brother, guy friend, or boyfriend

Miahne (informal): Sorry

Yeobosaeyo: A greeting used when answering the phone.

Eodi isseo (formal) : Where are you?

Ya: Suffix added to the end of someone's name of whom you feel affection for (if name ends with a vowel)

Aish: Darn, dang it

Arasso: Okay or all right

Deh (formal): Yes

Batta: That's right

Annyoung (informal): Hello or goodbye

Neon mueoga pilyohae: What do you want?

Neh (informal): Yes

Gomawayo (informal): Thank you

 


 

Once the bell rang for class to end, I was relieved.  I asked my parents not to call school about my incident, since I didn’t need or want any special treatment. Because of that, p.e. was very hard to go through today.  Min Ho knew about what happened through Jin Ki, and he looked concerned every time he looked over at me.  We had a running day today, and he even sacrificed his spot at the head of the pack to run with me, asking from time to time to see if I was all right.  Swallowing my pain, I grinned and told him that I was only sore, so there was nothing to worry about.

 

When I walked toward the girl’s locker room, I was surprised to see Min Ho following suit.  When I looked at him, he grinned.

 

“Jin Ki hyung asked me to walk you to the girls locker room.  He’s afraid something might happen without him knowing again.”

 

Shaking my head, I chuckled.  Jin Ki would do that.

 

When the girl’s locker room came into view, Min Ho stopped a near the gate and watched me walk in from there.  It wouldn’t be proper for him to walk up to the door.  Waving bye and expressing my thanks, I walked into the locker room.

 

Opening my locker, I saw a piece of paper float down to the ground.  Fighting the sense of dread that I felt rising up, I picked the paper up and unfolded it, reading its contents

 

So now you have body guards, do you?

Well, don’t get too relaxed yet.

They won’t always be there to save you.

So watch out.

 

I groaned and stuffed the paper inside my bag, along with the other note that I had found this morning.

Quickly getting dressed, I slammed my locker closed and quickly stalked out of the locker room.

 

I didn’t notice Jin Ki waiting outside, so when I felt someone grab my arm, I screamed before Jin Ki turned me around.  Realizing that it was only him, I calmed down, but ended up crying from the shock.  I hated this, being so scared of everything that was around me.  All because of that stupid incident and the dumb notes I’ve been getting.  Who ever sent me those notes, must be watching now, since they knew that Jin Ki was having his friends watch after me.  He/she must be satisfied with how scared I was.

 

Jin Ki, bewildered that I was crying from a little shock, tried to stop me crying.  He pulled me behind the building where it was hidden from people’s eyes and held me, my hair and patting my back from time to time to calm me down.

 

“Yun Hee ya.  Gwen cha na.  It’s only me, Jin Ki.  I'm sorry I scared you, but oppa is here, so don’t worry and stop crying, hmm?”

 

I nodded, but the tears kept coming down my face.  Eventually, the water works stopped, and I was left drying my tear stained face, and an occasional hiccup here and there.  Embarrassed that I had let Jin Ki see me cry, I pulled back and tried to clean myself up.

 

“Miahne, I don’t know what happened. I ju—”

“Jin Ki oppa!”

 

I was standing in front of Jin Ki, who had his back in her direction, and looked over Jin Ki's shoulder, seeing that I was interrupted by Hee Mi. Stiffening, I turned around and  walked behind  the hedge, wiping my face as she came up from afar  Hopefully she didn’t see me.

 

“Jin Ki oppa, there you are!  I was looking all over for you.”

“What do you want?”

 

Jin Ki’s voice seemed strained.

 

“About yesterday…can’t you reconsider my offer?  You know, about talking again.”

 

What was she talking about? What kind of offer did she propose to Jin Ki about talking again?

 

“No, I can’t, and I never will.  What you did me to me was unforgivable, but I’ve moved on.  I’ve learned to avoid girls like you, so if you could do me a favor, please leave me alone.”

“Moved on?  To what?  A stupid girl like Yun Hee?”

 

I widened my eyes at her words, but then again, I’m not surprised she said something like that.  It is Hee Mi, after all.

 

“Yun Hee is not stupid.”

“Please.  She’s so nerdy, and doesn’t have a clue about what love is.  How can she not be stupid?”

“At least she’s innocent and caring, unlike some people I know.  Now, if that’s all you have to say, then I’ll take my leave now.”

 

I heard his foot steps walk away, but they stopped when Hee Mi said something.

 

“You’ll learn not to like girls like Yun Hee, Jin Ki.  She’s not good for you, because all she’ll ever be is a burden.”

 

Jin Ki laughed.

 

“A burden? That will never happen, because Yun Hee is one of the best things that have ever happened to me.  So, with that, it will do you good to shut up.”

 

Hearing him say those words made me the happiest girl alive.  Seriously, but this wasn’t the time to be excited yet.  I had to focus on their conversation.  What was Hee Mi talking about?

 

“What if she leaves you one day for another guy?  Or what if she dies and leaves you?  Did you ever think about that?”

“What do you mean she'll leave me for another guy? And dying?  What on earth are you talking about?”

“Wasn’t she kidnapped or something yesterday?  That could happen again, or worse.”

“Well, that won’t happen again, because I’m keeping my eyes on her, so don’t worry about me and keep to yourself.”

 

I heard his footsteps grow fainter and fainter.  Now the only one left standing there was Hee Mi.

 

“That won’t happen? Please, you have to be kidding me.  You can’t keep your eyes on her all the time.”

 

And with that, she left as well.  I waited until she was gone before stepping out from behind the hedge.  My cell phone began to ring, and picking it up, I saw it was Jin Ki.

 

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Yun Hee ah, eodi isseo?

“’I didn’t go far.  I was behind the hedge near the locker room.”

“Aish, and I walked all the way to the front of the school.”

“It’s okay.  I’ll meet you there.”

“Come out fast, arasso?”

“Mm, arasso.”

 

I hung up and quickly walked out to the front of the school.  I didn’t want to be caught alone like before anymore.  When I arrived out to the front of the school, I looked for Jin Ki, but couldn’t find him till I heard a horn.  Looking over, I saw that Jin Ki had driven and parked by the sidewalk a little ways over.  Smiling, I jogged over and got into the passenger, grimacing as I sat down.  I was still sore from running today.

 

“Gwen cha na?”

“Deh.  I’m just a little sore from running today.”

 

Thinking of p.e. reminded me of Min Ho, and how Jin Ki told him to keep an eye on me.

 

“So, you have body guards for me now, huh?”

“Mmm?”

“Min Ho.”

“Ah, batta.  I guess you could say that.  I’m not taking any chances after what happened.”

 

Nodding, I grew silent and watched the scenery pass by as we drove to my house.  It was then that I remembered Jin Ki’s conversation with Hee Mi, and it made me curious again. Clearing my throat, I spoke again.

 

“And…I heard your conversation with Hee Mi.”

 

He was silent for a little while before answering.  I wondered what he was thinking about.

 

“You did, did you?”

“Mm, and I was curious…”

“Curious about what?”

“I was curious about what happened between you and Hee Mi.  You said that what she did was unforgivable, and I just wondered.”

 

Again, he was silent.  By this time, we had reached my home, and Jin Ki turned off the engine before looking at me.

 

“About that…”

 

He looked away.

 

“It’s not something I’m comfortable with talking about.”

 

I nodded my head.  I understood that it was a touchy subject, but by now, even if it only had been two weeks, Jin Ki and I have grown a lot closer.  Shouldn’t he be able to trust me with it?

 

“Arasso.  If you don’t want to talk about it, then it’s fine.  It’s probably none of my business anyway.”

 

I couldn’t help feel a bit angered.  I felt like he should be able to tell me.  Ever since that day that his friends hinted on it, I’ve been curious to know, and now that I heard his conversation between him and Hee Mi, I knew that she was involved, but how?

 

I opened the door and stepped out, trying to close it properly, but ended up slamming it closed.  I then quickly walked up the driveway and up the porch, opening the door and closing it, locking the door.

 

I greeted Umma as I walked up the stairs.  Arriving at my room, I dropped my bag on the floor by my desk and closed the door, going over to my bed and laying down on it.

 

Maybe I was being too pushy.  It wasn’t really my business in the first place, and I already knew that Jin Ki would tell me when the time was right….right?  It had only been two weeks, and honestly, that’s not the best thing to base on whether a relationship is solid enough for things like this.  Even though I am dying to know what happened between Jin Ki and Hee Mi, I think I’ll wait until Jin Ki is ready to tell me.

 

I didn’t know how long I stayed there on my bed thinking about things and reminiscing, but I was jolted awake when I heard my phone ringing.  Running over to my bag, I dug through my bag for my phone.  Managing to find the phone before it stopped ringing, I hurriedly slid it open without noticing who called.

 

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Yun Hee?  It’s Jin Ki.”

“Ah, deh.  Annyoung.”

“Annyoung…”

 

There was an awkward silence, and that didn’t really help, so I tried to break it.

 

“Neon mueoga pilyohae?”

“I wanted to talk about what you brought up before.”

“Oh, if it’s about that, then don’t worry.”

“Neh?”

“You don’t have to talk about it, trust me.”

“But, didn’t you want to hear about it?”

 

I walked over to my chair and sat down on it.

 

“Well, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t.”

“But…?”

“But I’ve decided that I shouldn’t push it.  It isn’t my business in the first place, so I have no right to pester you to tell me.”

“That’s what you think?”

“Yes”

“So, I don’t have to tell you yet, right?”

Chuckling, I replied.

 

“No, you don’t.”

“Thank goodness.”

 

I heard him breathe a sigh of relief.  I guess it really was something hard for him to talk about, and it immediately made me feel bad for asking.

 

“Miahne.”

“For what?”

“For asking about it.”

“Aniyo.  Anyone else would be curious as well.  But I can promise you that I will tell you one day, I promise.”

“Deh, gomawayo.”

“Mm…”

“Well, was that all you wanted to talk about?”

“Yes, that was it.”

“Okay, I’ll talk to you later then.”

“Arasso.  Annyoung.”

“Annyoung.”

 

And I waited for him to hang up first before sliding my phone shut. 

 

I could be patient, but I wondered how long he would make me wait.

 


 

Yup, end of Chapter...20!

Thank you for being so patient people ^^

I have to say that as school is progressing onto the third week, I am getting busier

I'll try to update every week, but if not, every two weeks.

Comment and Subscribe

<3 WinterRose

 


 

rialoves: Thanks for your wishes..and classes are so hard >.< I'm already dropping...but it's okay.  I have the rest of the semester (16 weeks) to bring it up to an A..xD

zoeystar: Hehe, I'm glad you liked the update ^^ And I guess we'll never know (unless one within the billions of masses of fans gets to date him o.o)

hoshichii: I don't know why, but I just imagined Jin Ki doing that, so I added that in there ^^

extraordinarygill: Mm, nothing major like dying will happen, so don't worry.  I am a prude, so all of those bad things you're imagining, don't worry either.  I will NOT write about them.

Vengeance: Yes, friends...well REAL friends are always there to support you ^^

ReiReiLove: Well, maybe you can tell us at the end? See if your hunches were correct.

starlove: She should tell him about the notes, huh? I wonder when...

crazy4you: Me too...uh 2 more years? xD But the time will go by quick, so beware!

dearorchid: Haha, yep! xD Unfortunately, we will never really be able to know...unless, like I said before, one out of a billion+ fans gets to be his girlfriend

Purple7sky: Yes, yes, an update..and so is this one! xD

MechanicalAngel: I'm glad this story was realistic and alive (?) enough for you xD What do you mean when writers loose their intelligence when they write about things like this? (I'm glad I don't...?) xD

ForeverInLove: Aww, that is sad :( But I'm sure you'll be fine.  The true friends will stay with you, and good luck with your tests!

pinkittenluvsxkpop: Thank you dear! And thank you for reading as well ^^

bananaO13: Yes, someone does hate Yun Hee, but that makes the story more interesting and has some plot.  I don't think a story that's all rainbows and fluffy unicorns is exactly a good story...:/ Right?

__tHeeViloNe__: Thank you for saying this story is awesome ^^

English101: Since you gave me a long message, I guess it'll be the same in return (Thank you for that..I love long messages ^^) I'm glad that you enjoy reading Jin Ki's and Yun Hee's pov. I enjoy writing them because it helps me develop my characters for the story.  It's also great you like the idea, because I do too! I can have some many things happen, and it's a unique story, unlike the cliche story ideas out there (I'm sure you can think of a couple).  And you'r'e right, Jin Ki is the best (and is one of my biases too <3) I hope you enjoyed this chapter update!

OohShinyDistracted: Yes, friends are always the best ^^, and so is back up, right? Nothing like having an extra lunch if you forget one at home xD (who does that??)

Sparklicious22: Hmm, that is an interesting theory right there...