~Confrontations

Psychology Boyfriend

Only the second day of break, and I feel like it's going to be over too soon :/

Anyway, here's an update like I promised.

There will probably be a couple of more updates, some of them involving Thanksgiving for all of those that celebrate it

(Do Koreans celebrate it? o.o) If not, oh well.  Yun Hee and Jin Ki will in this story! xD

 


 

Previous Chapter:

 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                                                  10/27/11

          Today was totally filled with drama. When I say that, I mean more drama than I'm used to. There's the new student, as I've already mentioned, and he seems to be getting a little too close for comfort. He seems to be very familar with me, as if we've been very good friends. I'm not as quite comfortable, as he keeps on making things awkward. He's speaking banmal with me, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I'm finding it hard to talk banmal with him in return. I said I'd try to use it when I'm talking with him, but formal speech just keeps coming out. I can't help it.

Also, Jin Ki isn't finding this amusing. Everytime he sees Jun Ki, I can almost see the daggers he is shooting in Jun Ki's direction. It makes me smile in a way (not beause of the daggers part), because it makes me feel like I'm appreciated, like I'm someone that he likes and is getting jealous for. That's what he's doing...right? Or he is just unusually agressive toward other males?

Jun Ki was already the cause of our last fight, and now I wonder what will happen next. He asked me to eat alone with him today, and naturally, I refused, yet he refuses to accept it. I've stood him up (mean I know), and I'm wondering what will happen next when I see him in Biology. Not going to be a pretty scene, but maybe I can avoid it? Seriously, what does he expect me to do after I told him that I wouldn't go? It makes me mad how he thinks that he can get away with it.

On a brighter note, Jin Ki just called me jagiya. I don't think he meant to say it intentionally (or did he?), but when we were talking, it suddenly slipped out. I had a double take there, trying to make sure that he did indeed say it. When I asked him to say it again, he broke out in an adorable blush. It made me blush when I realized that he actally called me jagiya. I like it. He finally has something to call me by. I just call him oppa, but should I give him a pet name too? I wonder what I could call him? I'll get back to you on that later. The bell is going to ring soon, so I"ll write again later.

 

Kang Yun Hee

 


 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                                                     10/27/11

          Yun Hee is being mean and won't let me see what she is writing. Why is it so important that she keeps it private. I mean, Ms. Kang will end up reading it, and I'm her boyfriend, so why can't I read it? Not fair....

Anyway, it's lunch right now, and since Yun Hee is writing in her journal, and refuses to let me see, I decided that I might as well write in mine too. I've been neglecting it, and I don't think that will do well for my grade.

We had a fight yesterday, sort of. I was getting jealous of Jun Ki, so I ended up ignoring her out of my anger for the rest of the day. When I got home, I felt really guilty, especially after what happened to her, so I went to the florist's (with a suggestion from a friend) and bought her a bouquet, hoping that if I gave it to her, she would forgive me. I remember seeing her open the door with a frown on her face as I bowed my head and held out the flowers, spealing out everything I could say about how sorry I was. Luckily, she forgave me without any hassle. She's really too good for me.

There's also this matter we had today. We were talking, and when I was trying to address her, I ended up saying jagiya. She didn't believe her ears, so she made me say it again. Honestly, I've been wanting to call her that for awhile know, but I was afraid that if I did, I would scare her away into thinking that we were moving too fast. But seriously, when is the right time to give each other pet names? I have no experience in this dating field, and it's killing me. Either way, I was glad that she liked it. I wonder if she'll give me a pet name too...

Anyway, the bell is going to ring soon, so I'll write more later.

 

Lee Jin Ki

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Gam chakk iya: You scared me!

Jalmot haesseo: I was wrong

Chaebal: Please

Museun ilisseosseo: What's wrong?

Jal haesseo: Good job

Mul: Water

 


 

Walking into Biology with Jin Ki, I ignored Jun Ki who was sitting in the back.  I was too irritated with him to try to resolve things.  I’m sure I would be confronted by him when p.e. came around, so I wasn’t too worried…yet. Though through out the lesson, I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.  I didn’t need to look behind me to know who was engraving holes into the back of my head.

 

After dropping me off at p.e., Jin Ki left to his class, but not without a quick peck on the cheek before rushing away.  I smiled and then walked into the locker room to change.  When I got to my locker, I saw someone hurrying away all of a sudden.  Curious, I got to my locker and opened it quickly.  Nothing of value should be stolen.  I mean, all that was in there were sweaty and dirty gym clothes, tennis shoes, deodorant, sunscreen, and body spray.  Not that I would care if any of them were taken, but still.  Upon opening my locker, I found a familiar slip of paper and a familiar sense of dread filled me again. 

 

Do you think you’re special now that Jin Ki kisses you?

Do you think that you’re capable of being loved?

Stop kidding me and get back to reality.

You are nothing more than a toy; a stepping stone.

Watch your back

 

I folded the paper quickly and stuffed it into my bag.  People were filing in now and beginning to change.  I scanned the aisle quickly to see if I could find anyone suspicious looking, but failed.  Taking out my clothes, I changed quickly and stuffed my belongings back into my locker, carefully locking so no one could steal anything.

 

Now paranoid, I rushed out of the locker room before anyone could catch me alone and nearly ran to the roll call numbers.  Arriving at the numbers, I slowed down and took a deep breath, trying to control my heartbeat.  This was crazy.  I was scared for nothing.  They wouldn’t attempt something like last time.  It was too crowded, and too many witnesses were present.  When someone tapped my shoulder, I flinched and turned around.

 

It was Min Ho, and from the looks on my face, he seemed worried about my reaction.

 

“Yun Hee ya…gwen cha na?

“Gam cchak iya!”

“Miahne, keun dae, why are you scared?”

 

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself again, shaking my head.

 

“Aniyo.  It’s nothing.”

“From the looks on your face and reactions, it’s obviously not nothing.”

 

I stayed silent as he looked at me.  Sighing, he put his hands on my shoulders and bent down to my level to look at me in the face.

 

“Yun Hee ya.”

“…”

“Yun Hee, look at me.”

 

I slowly lifted my eyes to his and looked at him.  I could see concern in his worried face.

 

“You know you can tell me anything, right? You know I’m your friend and I’m always here for you, right?  If you have anything worrying you, don’t hesitate to tell me, arasso?”

 

I nodded and smiled slightly.  It was sweet of him to care for me that way.  Before I could say anything else, the teacher blew the whistle and called for us to stand on our numbers so she could take role.  Min Ho smiled back at me encouragingly before standing up straight and walking over to his number.  I turned around to the front as the teacher took role and thought about what he told me. 

 

Min Ho was right.  I had to tell someone about this. Jin Ki, along with Min Ho and my friends knew about my incident, but the rest of the gang didn’t know about it yet.  Also, there was a matter of the notes.  No one knew about those yet.  Still, I was reluctant to fess up about all of it.  I didn’t want anymore trouble than necessary to deal with this.  Telling them would mean drawing them into the whole situation, but it looked like I had no choice.

 

Min Ho, who was asked by Jin Ki to look after me would surely tell him.  And I’m sure that somehow, they would make me tell everyone everything as well.  Sighing, I followed the class down to the field; we were running a mile today.  I thought I would have a period to think to myself, but when I saw Jun Ki run up, I knew that this period wouldn’t be so peaceful after all.

 

“Yun Hee! Where were you at lunch today? I was waiting alone on the rooftop the whole time!”

 

I glared at him and swerved around him, rolling my eyes.  Was he really that stupid? Did he think I would just listen to his command like an obedient lovesick puppy? If he did, he had better change his way of thinking, because that's not going to work things out for him.

 

“Yun Hee, stop running away!”

 

I couldn’t take it anymore. Turning around, I walked up back to him.

“Jun Ki, did you ever even give me a chance to explain myself? Did you even listen to me when I said that I couldn’t go? Did you even think of the fact that I might actually have a boyfriend? And did you ever think that maybe I never wanted to go eat alone with you on the rooftop? NO! You didn’t give me any chance to talk. You just assumed that if you told me to go, then I would go.  And did you think that ignoring me all morning, just so you can avoid my answer would put you in good favor? Think again, because you’re wrong. 

 

He stayed silent all through my spiel.  After finish it, I turned around to walk off, but before I could, he grabbed my wrist, keeping me from going.

 

“Yun Hee, I’m sorry.  Jalmothaesseo, so can you forgive me.”

“Just let me go.”

“Chaebal Yun Hee, I know I was wrong to do this to you, but if you can just forgive me, I’ll never do it again.”

“Look Jun Ki.  I’m not in the best of moods right now, so can you just please let me go?  I’ll think about it when I’m in a better mood.”

“No, I’m not going to let you go until you forgive me.”

“Jun Ki…”

“Yun Hee just for—”

“Museun ilisseosseo?”

 

I looked up in relief to see Min Ho standing a little ways looking at us.  As he walked up, he looked at me before looking back at Jun Ki.

 

“I said, is there something wrong?”

“Ani, nothing is wrong.  Waeyo?”

“Well, you’re holding Yun Hee’s wrist, and last I checked, she told you to let go.”

 

Jun Ki stared back at before dropping my wrist.  I rubbed it slightly, trying to get the blood flowing.  I hadn’t realized how tightly he was gripping it.  Min Ho draped his arm around my shoulders, and after giving one last glare at Jun Ki, he led me off toward the field to start our run.

 

“Gomawa.  He just wouldn’t let go.”

“No problem.  I was wondering why I didn’t see you, so I turned back and found you there with him.”

 

He dropped his arm as we neared the class, standing in the back as we tried to catch on to what the teacher was saying. Apparently, she was splitting up the class by gender.  The boys would run first and then the girls.  This way, it would be easier for the teacher assistant to keep track of the times and people that ran.

 

I waved bye to Min Ho before going to sit on the bleachers with the rest of the girls in the class.  Once the whistle went off, the guys began to run.  Not surprisingly, Min Ho was in the lead, and he finished the mile quickly with in about 5-6 minutes.  I guess running around for soccer built his endurance and speed, and he was the first one to finish.  After giving the teacher his name and score, he went to take a drink before coming over to where I was and sat down next to me.

 

“Jal haesseo speedster,” I said, jokingly.

 

Min Ho grinned before saying, “All’s in a day’s work.”

 

We stopped talking briefly as Jun Ki passed by.  He had just finished coming in second and went to sit on the bleachers a row over.  I just stayed silent and stared out to the field, waiting for the rest of the guys to finish before getting ready to run myself.  Once the last guy passed the finish line, Mrs. Ok called the girls onto the field.

 

“Hwaiting!”

 

I grinned at Min Ho’s cheer and pumped my fist before walking onto the field. Stretching before getting ready to run, I took in deep breaths.  My goal was to break 8 minutes.  I obviously wasn’t a fast runner of any sorts, but I liked to reassure myself that I was decent.  Once the whistle went off, I began my run.

 

I came in third, which was an accomplishment in itself, and I even beat my time by 30 seconds.  After giving Mrs. Ok my time, I went to take a drink of mul before sitting down next to Min Ho.

 

“Good run there.”

“Yeah, but I’ll never be anywhere as fast as you.”

“Still, it was good.  You came in third.”

“True, and I made a new record for myself, so it should be worth some celebrating.”

 

We both grinned and relaxed, waiting for the rest of the girls to finish before retreating up the stairs, and to the locker rooms.

 

“Are you ready for that bio quiz tomorrow?”

“Ugh, no! Cellular respiration and photosynthesis totally confuse me.”

“Aww, it’s not that hard.  Cellular respiration: glycolysis, Krebs cyle, electron transport chain.  Photosynthesis: Photosystem I and Photosystem II, Calvin cycle, electron transport chain.  Simple as that!”

“You’re being sarcastic, right?”

“Of course I am.  I’m just as clueless as you are with this.  I have no idea where all the NAD+ and FAD or FADH comes in.  And what about oxygen? Where is made or given off?”

“Hey, don’t ask me.  All I know is that cellular respiration are what humans do and photosynthesis is what plants do.  Oh, and that 34-38 molecules of ATP are given off when the process is done.  And we use lactic acid fermentation when ATP production is low so it catches up to the NADH…”

“Woah, woah.  You’re saying that you don’t know anything?”

“Well, yeah.  This is only the surface.  I have no idea what the FAD stuff is, and which parts create what, and where water comes into this whole process….”

 

Min Ho just shook his head and laughed dryly.

 

“You really are interesting Yun Hee.”

“Thank you for saying so! At least I’m not boring, right?”

“Well, good luck with your studying tonight.  Don’t be too surprised if I call you at one in the morning asking what the heck CAM plants do.”

“Arasso, I’ll see you later.  Annyoung.”

“Annyoung.”

 

With a last wave, Min Ho off toward the boy’s locker room after taking me to the girl’s.  Walking into the locker room, I changed quickly before going out. Slinging on my bag, a slip of paper fell to the ground.  Bending down to pick it up, a new sense of dread overcame me.

 

Jin Ki, Jun Ki, Min Ho, all at the same time?

Who will be your next target, you player?

You really are too much and deserve to be punished.

Watch your back.

 

I slipped the paper into the pocket of my bag, along with all the other slips of threats.  I sighed and looked around me.  No one looked suspicious, yet, though I was sure that there was someone peeking around the corner watching me.  It hadn’t been that long since my kidnapping, but I wondered when they would act again.  Once the bell rang, I quickly left the locker room and went outside. 

 

 

Upon seeing Jin Ki, I ran to him and buried my face in his shoulder, scrunching up his shirt between my fingers.

 

“Yun Hee, what’s wrong?  Why are you like this?”

 

He gently pried me from himself and bent down to look at my face.  I simply shook my head, refusing to tell him what was bothering me.

 

“Can you take me home now, please?”

 

Seeing that he wouldn’t be able to get anything else out of me, he nodded and grasped my hand, leading me to his car and taking me home.  The car ride was silent on the way home, but I could him looking at me frequently from the corner of my eyes as I watched the scenery pass by.

 

Once he pulled over in the driveway, I moved to unbuckle myself, but Jin Ki’s hand stopped me.  Looking up, my eyes met his worried ones.

 

“Tell me what’s wrong.”

“Nothing’s wrong.  I’m just having a bad day, that’s all.”

“Yun Hee, I can tell it’s more than that.  If you tell me, then I’ll be able to help you.”

“It’s nothing, really.”

 

I couldn’t be anymore wrong.  How can threat notes not be important?  Why was I trying to hide this from him?  I could see how worried he was, yet I was trying to smother things over.

 

He cupped my face and turned it to look at him.

 

“Please tell me.  You’re scaring me so much, and there’s nothing I can do to help you.  I have a feelling this has to do with the incident that happened before, and if you don’t tell me what’s wrong, I won’t be able to protect you.  I could never live with myself if something happened to you again, so please tell me Yun Hee.  I’m here for you; don’t hide things from me.”

 

I pulled his hand away from my face and kept it in my hand.  He was right.  I shouldn’t be hidhing this from him.  I should be telling him instead.

 

“I’ll tell you…but not today.”

“Yun Hee—”

“Please, trust me on this. I’ll tell you soon.”

 

Jin Ki sighed as he nodded.

 

“Arasso, but soon, you have to tell me.  You can’t back out.”

“I know.”

 

And I stepped out of the car before walking into the house and closing the door behind me.

 


 

End!

Wonder when Yun Hee will reveal the notes? Hm....

Anyway, look forward to the next couple of chapters!

Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

Vengeance: Yeah, I remember that too ^^ One lucky girl will get to hear it someday...congrats in advance!

dinobunny: Yes, Jun Ki is a lil weird, and Hee Mi is coming back (unfortunately).  Thanks for reading, and I hope you like this update too!

jay_rose: And you're an awesome reader.  Thanks for reading, and I hope you liked this update!

amyra961: Jun Ki is definitely getting on my nerves as well...what to do :/

rialoves: Jealousy is indeed adorable, but only the right amount.  Too much is burdensome, don't you think?

crazy4you: He'll probably get lonely on top of the roof der...and get a little mad? I guess your questions were answered in this chapter, weren't they.

SHINeepoofs: Lol, Jun Ki sounds like a ? Well, all adolescent guys are like that..what can we do? :/

MechanicalAngel: Mm, so what did you think of this chapter? Interesting, Suspenseful, Irritating? Do tell ^^

pResTige: Welcome to this chapter (the end of it, albeit, but still).  Journal entries will definitely be coming :D

ohzuii56: Hmm, I think everyone has a bad feeling toward Jin Ki right now xD Wonder what he will do next...

starlove: It would be in Jin Ki's favor to have Yun Ho like him, wouldn't it? Maybe I should put the rest of DBSK in the story too...

ke_xin: Haha, why thank you.  I thought he would be a good choice as well. ^^

Aika0330: Thanks for loving my story! I hope you'll be able to stay till the end!

Zimraphel: Yeah, I hate that too :/ Wonder what can I do to write/update faster? Sorry! Hope you'll be able to wait!