~The Aftermath

Psychology Boyfriend

Hello everyone!

Sorry again for the last gloomy author note xD

Thank you for all the sweet comments <3

I'm fine now, so no need to worry (If you were worrying in the first place, that is(?))

Just a heads up, I won't be updating as frequently anymore.

School is starting, and I will need to focus. 

Ideally, I will update every weekend, but if that doesn't happen, then every other weekend.

Please bear with me, yes? ^^

Anyway, that is all for now, so read on ^^ (I had fun writing this chapter)

 


 

Previous Chapter:

Looking back at her, she was still fast asleep.

So for the rest of the time, I simply sat there and watched her face, willing for her to wake up.

 


 

Korean Vocaubulary:

Umma (informal): Mom

Appa (informal): Dad

Oppa: Name used by a female to reference her older brother, guy friend, or boyfriend

Arasso: All right or okay

Gwen cha na (informal): Don't worry. Can mean 'Are you okay?' when used in a question

Keu reom nyo: Of course

Deh (formal): Yes

Bu In: Wife

Aniyo (formal): No

Eomonim (formal): Mother-in-law or a name to address someone else's mother politely.

Batta: That's right

Bwoh (informal): What

Daebak: Awesome, amazing

Chinchayo (formal): Really

Yah (informal): Hey! Oy!...etc

Miahne (informal): Sorry

Neh (informal): Yes

 


 

Growing conscious again, I slowly opened my eyes and blinked several times to clear away the sleepiness.  I realized that I wasn’t in the shed anymore, but rather, I was lying on my bed in my room.  The first thing I saw was the lotus light above me.  Lifting my head, I saw my desk across from me and looked around the room.  Holding up my hands, I saw that my wrists were bandaged, and that I was changed into my pajamas.  Feeling slightly sore, I sat up to find that Jin Ki was sleeping at the side of my bed, with head laid in his arms.

 

It was then I remembered that Jin Ki was the one who rescued me from the locked shed.  Although I didn’t know how I ended up here in my room, I would bet anything that Jin Ki was the one who brought me here.  Umma was probably the one who changed my clothes and bandaged my scratches as well.  I didn’t give a full check up on where I was hurt, but I decided that could wait till later.

 

Looking at the clock on the nightstand, I saw that it was already 8 o’clock in the evening.  How long was I out?  It must have been awhile.  Swallowing, my throat felt slightly scratchy and rough.  It was probably from all the screaming and yelling I had done earlier.  I tried to move carefully off the bed so I wouldn’t wake up Jin Ki, but I guess my movements weren’t that subtle, since he woke up when I slightly shifted the bed cover.

 

He moved slightly and then sat up, yawning slightly, but when he saw me sitting up, his eyes shot wide open.

 

“Yun Hee!”

 

And the next thing I knew, I was in his arms.  I was surprised at first but I slowly relaxed into his embrace.  Smiling slightly, I chuckled.

 

“Gee, I didn’t know you liked me that much.”

 

My voice barely came out.  Again, effects from the screaming earlier.

 

He pulled back and frowned at me.

 

“Don’t you dare ever make me that worried ever again!”

 

I rolled my eyes.  Like it was my choice to get locked up in a shed.

 

“Oppa…”

“Do you know how worried I was?  I waited in front of the school for an hour, and then I decided to look for you, and run all over the campus trying to find you.  Then, I finally arrive at the football field and find that you’re locked in the old shed.  And, when I open it, you collapse, looking all beat up...”

 

I looked at him bewildered.  He waited for me that long?  If it were anyone else, they probably would’ve gone home.  Hearing him say that he looked around for me and waited for me made me feel warm inside.  He actually cared.

 

“...and your parents totally freaked out when I brought you home, but thankfully they didn’t yell at me.  Your mom cleaned you up, and I waited here for you to wake up, and—”

 

“Oppa!”

 

I grimaced.  Yelling didn’t do wonders for my throat at this point.

 

Jin Ki put his fingers up to his lips and told me to be quiet.

 

“Don’t talk.  You’re voice isn’t in the state for you to yell or talk right now.”

 

Rolling my eyes yet again, I moved to get out of bed, but Jin Ki wouldn’t let me.

 

“Where are you going?”

“I’m thirsty and hungry.  Plus, I want to get out of bed.”

 

Throwing off the covers, I slid out of the bed, avoiding Jin Ki and managed to walk halfway to the door before Jin Ki ran in front of me and stood in front of the door.

 

“Yun Hee, you’re hurt.  So go back to bed and I’ll bring you food and water, arasso?”

 

I sighed inwardly.  He really was getting worked up for nothing.  I was fine wasn’t I?  I could walk normally, and I was just simply sore.  I didn’t break a bone or have a major injury.  Even after a couple of pleas, he still wouldn’t let me go downstairs, so I decided to use another tactic that would hopefully work.  I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, looking up at him.

 

“Oppa, I’m not hurt though,” I said, and then pouted.

 

He heard him gulp and cheered inside my head.  Yun Hee: 1. Jin Ki: 0.

 

“Y..Yun Hee.  You know that you’re hurt.  You can see by the bandages on your wrists.”

“But oppa, I can walk just fine, so there’s no reason for me to stay in bed, right?”

 

I moved my face closer to his, looking at him in the eyes.  I heard him gulp again, slightly louder this time. 2:0

 

“T..that’s true, but I still don’t think you should be walking around….”

 

“Oppa, you don’t want to be mean to me, right?”

 

He looked at me indignantly.

 

“Why would I want to be mean to you?”

“Then you’ll let me get out of this room, right?”

“But—”

 

Time for the last move.  I swiftly pecked him on the cheek and pulled back, satisfied that I had made him frozen.  Smiling widely, I unwrapped my arms and skirted around him quickly, opening the door and skipping downstairs. 3:0. I win.

 

Once I made it down, I regretted it.  My abdominals were sore so it made it hard to walk.  Must be from the punches I got in the gut earlier.  When I walked into the kitchen I masked my pain and my parents looked up in surprise.

 

“Yun Hee, you’re awake!”

 

Umma flew over and gave me a tight hug.  I prevented myself from groaning.  My sore spots were being hit in the process of the hug. 

 

“Deh Umma.  Gwen cha na, I’m fine.”

 

I slowly extracted myself from Umma's arms so she wouldn't catch on to anything.

 

“Are you sure?” asked Appa apprehensively.

 

He had made his way over while Umma was hugging me.

 

“Keu reom nyo!  If I wasn’t, would I be walking around like this?”

 

I gave them a cheeky grin and they smiled back relieved.

Then, just to ruin the moment, my stomach growled.  Smiling sheepishly, I looked at my parents who broke out laughing.

 

“I guess our Yun Hee is hungry.”

“Deh!”

 

Smiling, I pulled out a chair and waited for Umma to heat up some food for me. 

 

Jin Ki came into the kitchen and glared at me before taking a seat to my right.  I simply smiled at him and stuck my tongue out at him while my parents weren’t looking.

 

“Appa, did you all eat already?”

“Yes, actually.  We just finished about half an hour ago.  Jin Ki even joined us.  Well, sort of.”

“Sort of?”

“He refused to leave your side, so he kind of ate in your room while you were asleep.  That boy really does care for you.”

 

Appa chuckled amusedly while Jin Ki blushed.

 

Umma came over and set my dinner in front of me, in addition to a glass of warm water before sitting down next to me.  Suddenly remembering how thirsty I was, I drank the water first, thankful for the hydration it provided for my sore throat.

 

Umma, reaching over and handing me the chopsticks, looked and me.

 

“You really picked a good one Yun Hee.”

 

I blushed and began to eat, swallowing before speaking, trying to play innocent.

 

“What do you mean a good one?”

“I mean Jin Ki.  He’s a keeper.”

 

She looked over at him and smiled.  I didn’t think Jin Ki could get anymore redder, but I was wrong.

 

“Well, he’s done well today, so I guess I’ll have to see.  He’s still got a long way to go.”

“Yun Hee!” Umma scolded.  “How can you be so rude with him right there?”

“If he can’t handle a bit of teasing, then he can’t handle me.”

 

I shrugged and picked up some kimchi, putting it into my mouth and chewing calmly.  I looked over to see Appa laughing.

 

“She’s right Bu In.  Just leave Yun Hee alone.  I’m sure she can deal with this just fine.”

Umma frowned slightly before giving me a look and going back into the kitchen to clean the dishes.  Appa on the other hand, went into his office after patting me on the head affectionately, leaving only Jin Ki and I in dining room

 

I looked over at Jin Ki, who was looking at me amusedly.

 

“I still have a long way to go, huh?”

“Of course.  If you think I’m going to accept you that easily, then you’re wrong.”

 

I ignored his stares and simply kept eating.  When I had finished my dinner, I gathered up my dishes and brought them into the kitchen with Jin Ki following me.  Umma had already finished cleaning up, and was at the kitchen counter looking through a cookbook.  When she saw us come in, she stood up and came to me to get the dishes.

 

“Aniyo Umma.  I can clean them up.”

“Nonsense.  You just went through an ordeal and you expect me to let you wash the dishes?”

“Umma, it’s fine, really.”

“No it isn’t.  Jin Ki, tell her that she doesn’t have to wash the dishes.”

“Yun Hee, you don’t have to wash the dishes.”

 

I looked at him wryly and simply went to the sink and placed the bowls into the sink, turning on the water.  But of course, I couldn’t wash the dishes in peace.  Umma had shut off the water and was looking at me, with her arms crossed.

 

“Yun Hee, did I ever teach you to disobey your parents?”

“No, but—”

“Then you will march right up to your room and rest, right now.”

 

The look on her face told me to stop arguing with her. 

 

“Fine Umma.  Jeez…”

 

Sighing, I turned around and trudged out of the kitchen.  Turning around, I looked at her again, and saw her smiling.

 

“Jin Ki, do take care not to let her wander back, hmm?

“Deh Eomonim.”

 

Jin Ki walked out of the kitchen and up to me.  Turning me around, he placed his hands on my shoulders and pushed me up the stairs and back into my room.  Once we had arrived, I irritably shook his hands off my shoulders and dropped down into my chair my by desk.

 

Jin Ki, still amused, shut the door and decided to make himself comfortable on my bed, laying down and straightening his legs out, resting his head on his folded arms behind his head. Moving to take out a textbook, I realized that I didn’t have my school bag at home.  Groaning, I slumped back into my chair.  How would I be able to do my homework now?

 

“What’s wrong?”

“My school bag…it’s still probably in my p.e. locker.  I can’t do homework!”

 

Jin Ki scoffed.

 

“You just went through all that, and all you care about is homework?  You really are a unique person, aren’t you?”

 

Spinning around, I glared at him.

 

“So?  Isn’t it a good thing that I care about my grades?”

“Sure sure, but you know, we don’t have any homework today.”

 

“What do you mean?”

“I mean what I say.  We don’t have any homework today.  I mean, we just took a test in Calculus today, so there’s nothing new there.  For bio, all we had to do was read Chapter 5 section 3, but that’s due Wednesday, so you can do that tomorrow.  In psychology, there was only a lecture, and since she didn’t finish, we don’t have any homework.  English, there’s a worksheet, but it’s really easy.  Plus, it’s due Wednesday anyway.  Lastly, in history, we watched a movie, so no homework.”

 

I looked at him, smiling sarcastically. 

 

“Deh.  You must feel so smart right now, remembering all those things.”

“Of course.  Who doesn’t like it when there’s no homework to do?”

“Well, I’m sorry I’m not as smart as you are.  You, who can put things till the last minute, can still ace classes like nothing.  As for me, I’m different from you.  I don’t like to do that, nor can I handle the stress from doing that.  Why put off till tomorrow what I can do today?  Besides...I’m going to be so behind!”

“Behind on what?”

“My studying!  I was supposed to finish Chapter 5 today and then start on Chapter 6 in Biology.  And for Calculus, I was going to get ahead on the next unit.  As for English, I already finished the worksheet in class, but I wanted to finish my book for the book report.  What else…batta: history.  I was supposed to get ahead on the outlines too…”

 

I was met with silence and looked up to see Jin Ki’s incredulous face.

 

“What?”

“You do all that?  And that’s homework?”

“Well, not the homework that’s assigned right away, but my homework.  I have to study that hard if I want to do well against people like you.”

 

Jin Ki just broke out laughing.  I stared at him, wondering what was so funny. 

 

“Bwoh?  What’s so funny about that?”

“I can’t believe it.  You’re worried about getting behind when you’re already ahead?  Daebak, chinchayo!”

“If you’re going to laugh about that, then maybe I shouldn’t talk to you anymore.”

 

I huffed and turned around, taking a pencil from my pencil holder and opened my top drawer, taking out my psychology journal. 

 

Opening to a fresh new page, I began my next entry: How boyfriends can be stupid. But of course, that didn’t happen.

 

“Yah, Yun Hee.  Are you ignoring me?”

 

I blocked out his voice and began writing, though I didn’t get any further than the ‘Dear Journal’ part and writing the date.  Jin Ki had gotten off my bed and stalked over to my desk, putting his hand on top of my journal, preventing me from writing.  With his other arm, he put in on the arm of my chair, locking me into place in the chair.  Sighing, I tossed the pencil aside and looked up at him, crossing my arms.

 

“Yes, Jin Ki?  Did you need something?”

 

He leaned down closer to me.

 

“Stop ignoring me.”

“How am I ignoring you?  I’m talking to you, aren’t I?”

“You know what I mean.”

“Arasso, arasso.  I’ll stop.  Miahne.”

 

I looked at him, keeping a straight face.

 

 "Sheesh, why am I apologizing when it’s your fault in the first place.”

 

I ducked under his arms and managed to get out of the chair, moving toward the bookcase to pick out a novel to read.

 

“Anyway, why are you still here?  It’s getting late, so shouldn’t you be going home now?”

“I was making sure that you were all right.”

“Well, as you can see, I’m fine now, so you can go home now.”

 

I went back to searching my bookshelf, and didn’t notice him come up behind me until I felt his arms wrap around my waist. I stiffened.

 

“W...what are you doing?”

 

He rested his head on top of my shoulder.

 

“Hugging you.  Isn’t it obvious?”

“Tch, this guy. You gave me a hug, so you can let go no—”

“Miahne.”

“Neh?”

“Miahne, for laughing at you.”

 

I cleared my throat.

 

“It’s fine.  As long as you’re sorry, then I’ll forgive you.”

He chuckled quietly.

 

“You really are a unique person.”

“I heard you say that already.”

 

He was silent for awhile as I flipped through the pages of a book, deciding whether I wanted to read it or not.  After picking several more books and skimming through them some more, Jin Ki spoke.

 

“Promise me one thing.”

“Hmm?”

“Promise me that you’ll never make me worry about you like this ever again.”

 

I sighed.

 

“I’m not usually involved in these kinds of things, so gwen cha na.  I won’t make you worried again.”

 

He let out his breathe, tickling my ear.  He slowly moved his face and pressed a butterfly kiss on the side of my neck, lingering there for a minute.  I could feel my face heat up.

 

“Good night.  I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

His arms tightened around my waist slightly before letting go. 

 

 

And I watched him open the door and walk out, closing it behind him as I tried to calm down my heart.

 


 

Yay! End of chapter ^^

How did you like it? Please tell me in the comments below!

Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

Purple7sky: You have asked for more, and I will give you more! I hope you like it ^^

starlove: Don't we all want a knight in shining armour? xD Well, maybe a well dressed one, not necessaryly in armour..that's a bit outdated these days ^^

ReiReiLove: Oh...the bad embarassed.  Is there such thing as a good one?  If there is, do tell me ^^

Vengeance: Lol, thank you for your advice.  I am quite fine now, and yes, I do find peace in writing <3

rialoves: I like her room too.  Honestly, I wanted to use a more like...extravagant room, but Yun Hee is supposed to be of a high middle class family, but not rich, so I had to control myself xD I wish I had a room like dat T^T

akiira: I do feel better, thank you for caring C:

amyra961: lol, Thank you for the quote from another FF.  That person is a genius :D

SHINeepoofs: You're right, it isn't good for my health, which is why I'm not feeling bad anymore xD Though I am still a little sniffly..(had a cold this past week)

crazy4you: I feel better, thank you :D Yes, knight in shining armour! Do you prefer a white horse or a gray one? xD

forgetfulxangel: Yes, thank goodness she was saved.  I don't even want to think about writing if she wasn't :/

Maiko_chan: I hope you like this update as well ^^

ForeverInLove: You know who locked Yun Hee in? :o Woah...psychic skills right der!

bananaO13: Hip hip hooray! Jin Ki has saved the day! xD

flowergirls: Aww, thank you.  You're too kind ^^ But it's true, I live for your helpful and lovely comments!

pinkittenluvsxkpop: Thank you for offering me a place to vent, though I won't be doing that anytime soon, don't worry ^^ pinkittenluvsxkpop hwaiting!