~Forgiveness and Introductions

Psychology Boyfriend

Annyoung yeorobun!

This is just another update, so yay! *applause* xD

And I know I told you all to keep the comments coming, but I didn't know you all would take it seriously...I really like it!

You have no idea how happy it makes me to log in and see the notice "New Comments!" on the top right hand corner.

It really does make me smile :)

So, again, keep them coming!

I'd like to thank all of you who answered my question!

Even if you didn't, I love you anyway <3

Well, that's a super long intro...let's get to the chapter, yes?

 


 

Previous Chapter:

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                   10/13/11

             I don’t know what to think now. Are relationships always this…hard to understand? For one moment, I thought Jin Ki was someone who was really caring and a warm person. In the next, I see him as the coldhearted person I used to see. Are people always this different? Showing different sides again and again? I guess if you think about it, you can never really know a person completely. People are always hiding things. No one is completely candid; no one is so honest or straightforward to spill all their secrets. That’s just the way people are.

             Why am I writing about this? Well, this morning, I got off the bus to find that Jin Ki was at the entrance of the school gate. He seemed to be waiting for someone, and I didn’t think he would wait for me, so I thought nothing of it, walking into school and into my first class. Of course, psychology came around, and Jin Ki came to sit down next to me. “Where were you today? I was waiting for you by the gate in front of the school.” That was what he asked me. Naturally, I told him what I thought. He didn’t really have an answer, but murmured something under his breath that I couldn’t catch. What ever it was, I brushed it off. He told me next time to not walk away from him. I guess I won’t walk away next time, but he should pay more attention to where I get off. But hey, it was nice to have someone waiting for me by the gate. It makes coming to school a little more special. Another benefit of a relationship I guess.

             Lunch came around, and I told him I would eat with my friends today. I didn’t think much of it then, but he looked sulky when I told him that. He simply nodded, and I didn’t know what he did next, because I had spotted my friends and went over to them. After lunch was over, I walked into biology and tried to ask him how his lunch went, but he didn’t answer. It was strange, like he was mad at me or something. What could I have done to anger him, I asked myself. I’m not really sure if it’s the right assumption, but, was he sad that I had picked my friends over him? Was he sad that I didn’t eat lunch with him like the past two days? Seems kind of foolish to get upset over something like that, but then again, I heard love can do strange things to people.

             Wait, did I just write love? Okay, maybe that’s a bit too far. Edit: Relationships can do strange things to people. Anyway, that’s it for now. I’ll write back later.

 

Kang Yun Hee

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Kyeopta: Cute

Arasso: Okay or all right

Chincha (informal): Really

Oppa: A name a girl calls her older brother, guy friend, or boyfriend

Annyeohasaeyo (formal): Hello or Goodbye

Annyoung (informal): Hello or Goodbye

Cho neun:  My name is....

imnida: Suffix added to the end of your name when introducing yourself

Uri: Our

Gomawayo (informal): Thank you

Sshii: Suffix added to the end of the name of someone you don't know very well or have high respects for

 


 

I stepped off the bus the next morning, surprised to see that Jin Ki was waiting there by the gate for me, this time on my side.  He was leaning against the wall, but stood up straight when he saw me.

 

“Good morning Yun Hee!”

 

He said that with a bright smile.  Huh, he must have forgotten that he was mad at me yesterday.

 

“Uh, good morning.”

 

His smile dimmed a notch.

 

“Is there something wrong Yun Hee?”

“No, it’s just…weren’t you angry with me yesterday?  Didn’t I do something to make you mad?”

 

His smile grew brighter as he heard me say that, and he chuckled softly, patting my head in the process.

 

“So that’s what you were worried about.  My Yun Hee is so kyeopta!  Don’t worry about that.  I’m not mad at you, arasso?”

 

Looking at him apprehensively, I raised my eyebrow.  Jin Ki looked at me and laughed some more.  He then reached out and wrapped his hand around my waist, pulling me to him and leaning down to whisper in my ear.

 

“I told to not worry, so let’s get that frown off your face and put a smile on, hmm?”

 

I looked up at him to see him smirking.  I rolled my eyes and shook my head, smiling from his antics.  Jin Ki smiled and we both walked into school, with his arm still around me.  I wouldn’t let this go though.  I would get to the bottom of this problem.

 

Walking into psychology, Jin Ki was already at our desk.  He even stood up and pulled out my chair for me.  Smiling, I sat down, waiting for him to take a seat before asking him something.

 

“You seem to be really happy today.  Is there something I should know about?”

 

Jin Ki grinned and shook his head.

 

“There’s nothing you need to know about, so,”

 

He turned my head toward the front gently,

 

“Don’t worry about it and pay attention to class.”

 

I shook his hand off my head and rolled my eyes. 

 

“Chincha...I don’t understand you sometimes.”

 

Jin Ki just smiled and said nothing.  Before I could say anything else, Ms. Yang walked in and began our class.

 

Once the bell rang, I stood up to go out to lunch, but Jin Ki grabbed my hand and stopped me from going.

 

“Can you not eat with your friends today?  Can’t you eat with me instead?”

 

Smiling, I sat down again and looked at him.

 

“Wow.  I can’t believe it.  The great Jin Ki is asking me to eat lunch with him.  What should I do?”

“Exactly, that’s why you should say yes.  I don’t offer to anyone you know,” he said arrogantly.

“Hmm…I have to say I’m honored, but I have a better idea.”

 

Jin Ki looked at me curiously.

 

“And what, may I ask, is that?”

“I’ll eat lunch with you—”

“That’s not a better idea.  It’s the same thing.”

“You didn’t let me finish.  I said, I’ll eat lunch with you, but only if you let my friends join as well.  What do you say, hmm?”

 

He looked at me and sighed, rolling the idea over in his head.

 

“Please oppa?”

 

I tried to put on a pouting face to convince him, though I was pretty sure I looked like a puffer fish.  Jin Ki cracked a smile and poked my nose playfully.

 

“Arasso.  Oppa will eat lunch with you and your friends today.  So stop pouting please.”

 

I broke out in a grin and stood up, pulling on his arm.

 

“Well then, let’s go!  The lines are going to get long soon.”

 

We stopped at my locker before going to the cafeteria.  Taking our places in line, we obtained our trays of lunch and I led Jin Ki over to where my friends were sitting.  They must have been surprised to see him with me, because their eyes were wide open when I walked up to them with Jin Ki in tow.  In fact, Ji Eun was in the middle of spooning stew into , but her hand was frozen in the middle when she saw us.  Clearing my throat, I brought them out of their reverie.

 

“Hey guys!  I’d like to introduce you all to Jin Ki.”

 

I sat down and Jin Ki followed suit.  Indicating to each person, I introduced them.

“Jin Ki, this is Ji Eun, Ha Ni, and Hye Mi.”

“Annyeohasaeyo.  Cho neun Jin Ki imnida.  Nice to meet you all.”

“Ji Eun, Ha Ni, and Hye Mi, this is Jin Ki.”

 

The three nodded their heads, and smiled, introducing themselves to Jin Ki.

 

“Annyoung!  Cho neun Ji Eun imnida.  Glad to finally meet you.”

“Annyeohasaeyo.  Cho neun Ha Ni iminda.”

“Annyeohasaeyo!  Cho neun Hye Mi imnida.  It’s great to meet you.”

 

Jin Ki smiled and nodded, digging into his lunch without a word. I unwrapped my sandwich and took a bite, swallowing before speaking.

 

“So, how was your day so far?”

“Ugh, don’t remind me,” Hye Mi said. “Calculus is killing me.  If I don’t pass this semester, I’m going to die.”

“You could always get tutoring, you know,” Ha Ni pointed out.

“Yeah, but I don’t want that.  It’s so awkward for me!”

 

Jin Ki looked up from his stew before asking.

 

“What do you not get?  I’m pretty good in Calculus, so I might be able to help you.”

 

Hye Mi looked like she had gone to heaven.  She quickly took out her book and scooted over to Jin Ki.

 

“Could you really?  I’d really appreciate it.  Let’s see, it’s this page here….”

 

Smiling, I looked at him bending over the page and reading the question.  Jin Ki really was a nice person.  I was brought out of my thoughts when Ha Na pulled me over to her side of the table.

 

“So, tell me.  Why is he here today?”

“Oh, um.  He wanted me to eat with him today, but I convinced him to eat with you guys.  It’s about time I’ve introduced him to you.”

“Oh, uri Yun Hee.  Always thinking of others.”

 

Ha Ni looked visibly happy.

 

“Yeah, we get to meet the most popular guy in the school!  Not to mention, Hye Mi probably loves you now.  She’s gets tutoring from Jin Ki himself…for free!” Ji Eun added, giggling.

 

I shrugged my shoulders.

 

“It’s not that big of a deal, but if it makes you happy, I’ll ask him to eat with you guys more often.”

 

“Could you?  Gomawayo Yun Hee!”

 

Ji Eun laughed to herself before looking up, seeing Ha Ni and I staring at her.

 

“What?  He’s eye candy.  You can’t complain with that.”

 

Ha Ni and I cracked up, attracting the attention of Hye Mi and Jin Ki, who were both engrossed in Calculus.  Jin Ki looked at me, curious to what we were going, but I simply shook my head, and indicated him to go back to Calculus.  He smiled at me before going back to his explanation.

 

Ha Ni leaned toward me and said, “You know, I might be wrong, but it really looks like Jin Ki likes you.”

 

I looked at her surprised, shaking my head.

 

“Yeah, you’re definitely wrong about that.  This is just a project.  After three months, I don’t think we’ll even talk to each other anymore.”

 

The thought made me sad, but it was the cruel truth.  Nothing more would come out of this.

 

“Ha Ni is right though.  I don’t I’ve ever seen him look at anyone, much less a girl like that Yun Hee,” Ji Eun commented.  “There might actually be something.”

 

“You guys must be imagining things.  That will never happen.”

 

 

Ha Ni and Ji Eun looked at me sympathetically.  The bell rang, and we all stood up to throw away our trash.  Walking back to the table, I found Hye Mi thanking Jin Ki.

 

 

“Thanks so much!  I finally get Calculus now.  You’ve been a great help Jin Ki sshii.”

“No problem.  Glad to be of help.”

“Well, we’ll see you tomorrow Yun Hee.  Bye Jin Ki sshii.”

 

The three waved bye to us as Jin Ki and I walked to biology.  Our hands found their way to each other naturally, and we walked into class hand in hand.  It was kind of surprising to see that holding hands was so natural now, even after only two days.  It was comfortable to do, and I didn’t really mind the stares anymore.  Hopefully, this ‘relationship’ would run smoothly for the rest of the three months.

 

 

 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                   10/12/11

            Is that how you’re supposed to start this thing?  I’ve never written to a journal before, so this is going to be a bit awkward.  Please bear with me.  Anyway, I guess I should get started on this psychology project thing.  I wonder how much I’ll have to write…

            So, I suggested to Yun Hee that we should start the project, and she amazingly agreed.  I was wondering why she kept avoiding me, but it seems like someone was giving her problems, just because we were assigned partners.  Kind of lame really, but she won’t let me tell who it is.  She says that karma will come back at that person.  I suppose that’s true, and if it makes Yun Hee happy, then I’ll oblige with her request.  I convinced her that I would help her out with her problems if we did this project, so she went along with it.  As of today, we are ‘dating’.  It’s a bit surreal.

            I’ve never really noticed her before.  I knew she was in some of my classes, but until we were assigned to be partners, she was just there, nothing of real importance to pay attention to.  Now when I see her, I think she’s kind of cute in a way.  She’s not overly girly, but there are some parts of her that need to be protected, just like a normal girl.  I guess this project won’t be too bad if I’m doing it with her.  Thank goodness I wasn’t assigned with someone else.  Not mentioning names of course.

            So far, the project is going well, but I’m beginning to question myself.  When was the last time I’ve been so…caring and concerned about someone outside my family?  Why do I care so much about her, and what prompted me to help her for the first time in the hallway when she was on the floor, injured?  Was it pity or sympathy?  Was it out of concern, or politeness?  I honestly don’t know, but I need to find these answers to my questions. 

            That was my first entry.  I hope that was okay for the first try.  Until later then.

 

                                                                                                                   Lee Jin Ki

 


 

End!

I'm not sure if that was a long chapter update or not, but hey, it's something! ^^

By the way, do you mind me replying to your comments at the beginning of an update?  Or would you prefer them at the end?

I feel like I'm detaining you all from reading the chapter by having such a long intro...

Unless, of course, you don't read the intro or conclusion at all...so I guess it doesn't matter xD

But do express your opinion, and if enough readers want me to change, I'll reply to comments at the end instead of the beginning.

I'll see you in the next chapter, then ^^

Comment and Subcribe!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

theclumsywitch: I think you've waited long enough, but your answer won't be answered yet.  Please wait patiently! ^^

Charismace: Thank you for loving my story.  It means so much to me to read that :) I hope you likes this update!

pinkittenluvsxkpop: I'm glad you like this story, and it's good to know you make use of the korean vocabulary.  I personally don't know much, but I'm happy to share my knowledge w/ my fellow readers!

mangofloat: Here's an update for you!  By the way, is there such thing as a mango float? :o  If there is, then I want to try! xD

sicasicalove:  I'm glad you love this story!  Here's another update :]

zoeystar: I love Onew too, and you're right.  He is an amazing singer and leader <3

ForeverInLove: Honestly, I don't understand guys either, but since I'm creating these characters, I know how they act and feel ^^

CheekyMonkey: Aw, thank you!  You're so sweet ^^ I hope you'll continue to read this story!

bananaO13: Jong Hyun does have a unique voice.  Have you watched him in Immortal Song? Quite amazing, and yes, Tae Min is always cute, no matter how old he'll grow to be :D

hoshichii: It is hard to choose a bias when you love SHINee as one isn't it?  I think they each have their own charms, which makes them all unique.  Thanks for the compliment.  I still have a long way to go before becoming a good writer though ^^

koolchica55: It's cool that you like Onew.  He's such a sweetie isn't he? <3