~Confidant

Psychology Boyfriend

Long week again readers :/

I'm on the verge between a C and a B in Biology.

This next test will make it or break it.  Wish me luck! ^^

Anyway, hopefully this week hasn't been too long in waiting for this chapter.

I hope you all like it ^^

 


 

Previous Chapter:

 I ran upstairs and donned a light jacket, pocketing my phone and wallet into my pockets before heading downstairs. Right when I touched the ground, I heard the doorbell ring. Calling bye to Umma, I opened the door and met Min Ho. Smiling, I thanked him for coming and shut the door, locking it and walking down the driveway with him. Hopefully he’ll be able to help me with my problem.

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Ottokaeyo (formal): What should I do?

Chincha (informal): Really

Keun Dae: But

Yeoja Chingu: Girlfriend

Wae (informal): Why

Gomawayo (informal): Thank you

Arasso: All right or okay

Yah: Hey! (Ex: Hey, what's that supposed to mean?)

Oppa: Name used by a female to refer to an older brother, older guy friend, or boyfriend

 


 

After leaving Yun Hee’s house, we walked along leisurely on the sidewalk.  It was silent, but comfortable, and I liked it, but I wondered what she called me out for.

 

“Aren’t you going to ask me why I called you out here?”

“Nope.”

 

She looked at me curiously.

 

“Why not?  Aren’t I wasting your time then?”

 

I turned toward her and smiled reassuringly.

 

“You’re not wasting my time.  I chose to come out here with you, so don’t worry.  Besides, it’s your business, and it’s your decision to tell me or not.  I’m just here as a sort of moral support.”

 

Yun Hee nodded, understanding.  It was my job to listen, not pester her about it.  She would tell me in due time.  All I had to do was wait.

 

“Thanks…”

“No problem.  Take your time, and tell me when you’re ready.”

 

And so we walked and walked.  When we finally arrived at the park, the swings caught Yun Hee’s eyes.  Grinning, she dragged me over to the swing set and sat down in one.

 

“You must like swings, don’t you?”

 

I took a swing next to her.

 

“Yup.  I remember being small and always having to wait for the swings because there were only 4 at my school, but everyone wanted to play on them.  Some days, I would wait there and not even get to sit on it. And then, when we grew up, the older grades were moved to another playground, and that one didn’t have swings.”

 

“You must have been devastated,” I teased.

“I know! It was like a nightmare,” Yun Hee said, jokingly.

 

“Yeah, I remember those days, though I preferred to kick a ball around rather than play on the swings.  Those were more of a girl thing.”

 

She punched me in the shoulder lightly.

 

“What’s that supposed to mean, huh?”

 

I put my hands up in surrender.

 

“Nothing, I’m simply stating what I saw.”

 

We laughed, but that died down eventually.  After a little while, she spoke.

 

“Anyway, about that…”

“I’m listening.”

“You know how you all hinted on about Jin Ki’s past?”

“Yes, what about it?”

 

So she was talking about Jin Ki’s past.  I’m not surprised she’s curious about it.

 

“Am I wrong in being angry that he won’t tell me, even after all this time? I just think that he should be able to tell me.  But at the same time, I feel guilty for wanting to know, especially after knowing that it is a hard thing for him to talk about.”

“You’re not wrong.”

“I’m not?”

“No.  It’s only right for you to be curious. After all, you are his first girlfriend.  And you do have a legitimate reason for being angry, no matter how unjust it may seem to be.”

“But isn’t it wrong, since I haven’t known him for that long?”

“Well, yes, and no.”

“How is it both?”

“You’ve only known him for about two weeks, and honestly, that isn’t the best time period to base on whether a relationship is trustful enough.  It’s natural that Jin Ki is reluctant to talk about it, especially when it was something that affected him so. So it that sense, you’re wrong, because you’re being slightly impatient and unconsiderate of his feelings.”

 

Yun Hee sighed.

 

“True…”

“But it’s not wrong either.  You, the person who is his girlfriend, would naturally want to know about things like this.  In a good relationship, it’s best to be truthful and honest.  You probably don’t have anything to hide, so why should he?  That’s what you’re probably thinking, right?”

 

She nodded, agreeing with me.

 

“You might also be thinking that you are a trustful person, and that you can be the one who can help Jin Ki get over his past, but you feel slightly betrayed that he won’t give you his trust.  So in that case, it isn’t wrong, since it’s only obvious that you would feel that way.  If you didn’t, well, I guess we wouldn’t be here talking about this, would we?”

 

Yun Hee smiled grimly.

 

“Gee, am I an open book or something?  You hit right on everything that I was thinking about.”

 

I chuckled and shook my head.

 

“No, not really.  I’m just very observant.”

 

She rolled her eyes and grinned.

 

“I can’t say anything to that, because you’re right.”

 

I smirked and grinned.

 

“I thought so.”

 

And that only earned me another soft punch from her. I simply smiled and ruffled her hair.

 

“So…ottokaeyo?”

 

I think she can decide this one on her own, so I’ll let her.  Maybe just lead her down the right path.

 

“I don’t know, what do you think you should do?”

“Aren’t you supposed to tell me?”

 

She had a pout on her face, but that only made me laugh.  When I had stopped laughing, I looked at her face and raised my eyebrow.

 

“Won’t you feel better if you make that choice on your own?”

“I guess, but what if I don’t know what to do?”

 

I think you know what to do.  It’s just too obvious to really know it.

 

“You do know it.”

“I do?”

“Yes, but perhaps it’s too obvious.”

 

She grew silent, withdrawing into her pondering.  I stood up as she was thinking, and stood behind her, pushing her swing back and forth slightly.

 

“I think I know now…”

“Well, what is it?”

“I just have to wait for him to tell me.  There’s no other way, even if I do feel bad for wanting to know.”

“Bingo.”

 

She scoffed, shaking her head amusedly.

 

“Wow, what an epiphany, huh?”

“It may not seem that much, but that is the only solution, and you’ve discovered it.  So don’t think so lightly of it. It’ll help you in a long run.”

“I know…”

 

I walked to the front and squatted down in front of her, looking up.  Her face was unreadable, making me wonder what else was going on.  Did she have something else she wanted to talk about?

 

“Is there something else?”

“N…no…”

“Yun Hee, you can tell me.  We’ve already gotten this far, haven’t we?  What’s left to hide?”

“It’s nothing, really.”

“Really?”

“It’s nothing, seriously!”

"All right then."

 

I just looked at her, waiting to see if she would let it slip out.

 

“It’s just…I’m back to square one!”

“What do you mean?”

“I already came upon this conclusion.”

 

I did a face palm.  Then what did she call me out here for? Don’t get me wrong, I’m fine with this, because I don’t feel like she’s a burden, or wasting my time, but I’m curious.  Why did she call me out here when she already knew the answer?

 

“No, don’t do that!  That makes me feel bad!”

 

I hurriedly stood up and waved my hands, trying to convince her otherwise.

 

“No, I’m not saying anything, chincha!  You haven’t wasted my time, but I’m just curious.  Why did you call me out here when you already came upon that answer?”

 

She looked at me sheepishly.

 

“Because I thought you would have a better solution?”

 

I just shook my head and laughed.  Yun Hee really was interesting, and amusing at the same time.  I would give her that.

 

“I know it seems like I called you out here for nothing, but seriously, you really did help me.  You just explained everything and made things clearer.  I feel like my decision is the right thing now, so don’t fret.”

 

She stood up and patted my shoulder, grinning.  I just smiled back.

 

“Fine, if you really feel like I helped you, then my efforts weren’t for naught.  Was that all, or do you really have something else you want to talk about?”

 

She shook her head.

 

“No, that was it.  But next time I need help with anything, I’ll be sure to come to you."

 

Yun Hee then looked at me curiously.

 

"Keun dae…am I really Jin Ki’s first yeoja chingu?”

“Yes, you are.  Wae, does it sound surprising?”

“Well…I assumed he had a previous girlfriend…and he got hurt by that.”

 

She wasn’t too far from the truth, but it wasn’t exactly it either.  All though I wanted to tell her the truth, I knew it wasn't my place to do so.  Jin Ki would reveal that to her when he felt it was right.

 

“Well, I guess that’s for you to find out, right?”

“Right.  Anyway, gomawayo for coming out here.”

“It’s nothing, just glad I could help.  Now, let’s go home.  I don’t want to be late for dinner.”

“Arasso, arasso.  A growing boy like you needs to get his dinner.”

“Yah, who’s a boy here?  You’re talking about yourself, right?”

“Yah! Oppa, you’re going to get it!”

“Really?  You’re going to have to catch me first.”

 

And stuck my tongue out at her, running away as she tried get me for calling her a boy.  I’m glad you’re feeling better now Yun Hee, and hopefully, I’ll be able to help you the next time you have a problem.

 


 

End of chapter 22 ^^

I hope you guys like this chapter, since you got to see into the mind of Min Ho :D

I'll see you all next week with a new update!

Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

P.S. I see that the comments are diminishing each week ;(

Is my story not worth commenting on anymore, or are people too busy with school to read this? :(

If it's the latter, then it's okay.  I understand school is important, but if it's the reason before that....

I guess I need to work harder? Sorry for disappointing you all?

Bottom line is: Please comment! Yes, all you silent readers too.  You may not see the point in commenting, but it drives me to update and to continue writing this story.

Comment...please (In addition to subscribing if you haven't done so as well)

(And yes, I am that desperate to be begging you all xD)

 


 

English101: Yes, Min Ho will be a good friend to her.  He has an image of being the sweet friend who will always be there to confide in, don't you think?  He's really observant, and I think he would be wise for his age.

Vengeance: You are getting a slight bit ahead of yourself xD Will there be feelings between Min Ho and Yun Hee???

rialoves: Yup, she is definitely getting close to Jin Ki's friends.  Do you think he should get close to hers? xD

starlove: Yeah, I thought about that, but I decided to dedicate a oneshot to him instead.  That will be up..sooner or later xD

MechanicalAngel: Whew~ Thank you for the confirmation ^^ and for reading this

crazy4you: Haha, me too.  I actually borrowed a phrase book from the library, but idk how far that will take me.  I don't really have the time these days to seriously study.  Hope learning goes well for you!

amyra961: Do you think Min Ho was able to help her after reading this chapter? I hope so ^^

Lorena: Yes, Min Ho is a great friend ^^  He think he would be an awesome friend, don't you think?

extraordinarygill: Hmm, I wonder what will happen next? I hope you liked this chapter!

OohShinyDistracted: Unfortunately (for you readers), no.  Min Ho will not tell her Jin Ki's secret.  If someone told someone else your big secret, wouldn't you be mad? I would, so I didn't make Min Ho do that ^^

pinkittenluvsxkpop: Thankies very much! I hope this chapter met your expectations again, yes?

sharehappyness: Welcome to my story! I'm glad i was able to quench your craving for a good Onew story? xD I hope you'll stay till the end! (And you're right, there aren't many good stories out there.  It's so hard to find a good one.)