House Party

By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Amber’s Pov

 

“We’re here. Let’s have some fun,” Jackie said pulling into the driveway and parking the car. 

I helped Krys get out of the car and we walked to the door together, while Jackie had gone inside already.

“Is it ok if I stay close to you once we get in there. I don’t want to have to meet a bunch of new people without you, I’m not really up for that,” Krystal said.

“Of course. I wasn’t gonna let you out of my sight anyways,” I said touching her back.

I knocked on the door and Dario answered.

“Am! Glad you decided to come. Everyone is dying to see you,” he said pulling me into a hug. “Krystal it is lovely to see you as well,” he said giving her a little bow. “Thanks for coming, I know Am wouldn’t have come if you didn’t,” he told her.

“Is that true?” she asked me.

“I wasn’t gonna come without you. I would’ve done whatever you wanted to do tonight,” I said.

“Come inside guys. You’ll have fun I promise,” he said leading us in.

“Am all the guys from high school are here. Connor, Jake, Dave, Sam and Nick are in the kichten talking,” he said to me.

“Let’s go say hi then,” I said walking into the kichten with Krystal following me.

“Well if it isn’t our local celebrity. Long time no see,” Nick said joking.

“Am you look just as skinny as the last time we saw you. You must weigh like barely 120. Let me check to make sure,” Jake said picking me up throwing me over his shoulder. “Yep skinny as ever,” he laughed twirling me around.

“Jake put me down. I wanna introduce you guys to someone,” I said hitting his back.

He put me back down, and Krys handed me my hat, which had fallen off.

“Guys this is Krystal,” I said gesturing to her. “She is my group member and a very good friend.”

“Krys, this is Nick, Dave, Sam, Connor and that idiot is Jake,” I said pointing them out.

“Nice you meet you guys,” she said giving them a wave.

“I met them all in homeroom freshman year. They all skateboard, so we used to go places after school and skate together,” I explained.

“Oh, so you guys must of been there when she broke her wrist,” Krystal said.

“Yep, it was epic. We were at the skate park and on the very last trick of the day she over rotated her board and fell with her hands out, and ended up breaking her left wrist,” Connor said.

“Yeah she calls me an idiot, but she was back on her board the same day she got the cast put on,” Jake told me.

“You never told me that. You could’ve seriously hurt yourself if you had fallen again so soon to that happening,” Krystal scolded me.

“Thanks Jake,” I muttered.

“Oh, you don’t have to worry about her too much Krystal. She is actually very careful when she is skating,” Dario reassured her.

“I know she is but I still can’t help but worry sometimes...”

 

Flashback

 

Krystal’s Pov

 

“I can’t believe I agreed to do this,” I said grabbing onto her tightly.

“I just want you to see that there isn’t that much to it. I thought if I taught you, you might worry about me a little less,” she said holding my waist as I rolled on the skateboard.

“I just feel really unbalanced,” I said.

“Well holding onto me is only making it harder for you. It might be easier if we let go of each other,” she suggested.

“Don’t let go of me,” I said in a rush. “I only agreed to do this because I thought you would be holding onto me the whole time. Please don’t let me fall.”

“Krys, you really think I would ever let you get hurt. I wouldn’t be letting you do this if I didn’t think you could. Trust yourself a little more. I won’t let go if you don’t want me to, but I think you can do it without me,” she said looking at me.

“I’m scared though,” I said quietly.

“I was too when I first started, but being scared is what causes you to get hurt most of the time. You have to commit in order to succeed. It’s kind of like being in a relationship. When you commit to someone and trust them then you have a better chance at being happy instead of just being on the fence about your feelings.”

“You really think this is the best time to being saying something so sweet. I can barely keep my legs from shaking and your distracting me,” I said trying to keep the board still.

“I can fix that,” she said tightening her grip on my waist and lifting me off the board and into her arms.

“Am!”

“What? Now you can concentrate on me,” she said trying to sound innocent.

“You know I think you only make me do these things so you can have the opportunity to touch me,” I said ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter