The Reason

My Life as his Babysitter and Wife (Editing)

“I want more strawberries, Luhan-ah!!!! Buy me more strawberries!!!” I yelled as I was sitting on the couch in the living room. Luhan was walking away. I was four months pregnant and my mood got worst and worst. I easily got angry, especially when I met Exo. It’s like I could not control myself and threw all of my anger at them. Sehun, who visited me often, always got nagged by me. I would hit him when I was angry with Luhan and could not do anything to him, and sometime I complained about Luhan being strict. Sehun was being a patient dongsaeng who willing to listen to me.

Luhan was always being a cold husband yet sweet. He cared everything single thing about me, sleeping time and eating. And we would end up fighting about the food. When I wanted to eat ice-cream, he would not let me eat a lot.

Sometime, he forced me to eat something I didn’t like and said it was good for me.

Like this day, I wanted to eat more strawberries. But he said I ate too much already. So he didn’t let anyone buy it for me. I started to yell and complained about it, he then left me alone.

“Luhan!!!” I yelled again.

“What?!” He replied walking into the living room with a glass of milk.

“You don’t let me drink that thing again, do you?” I asked staring at the glass in his hand.

“For you!” He said handing me the glass. I shook my head and readied to run away but he grabbed my wrist. Now, I understand why some kids don’t like to drink milk. Its taste was so bad.

“Pleas, Lu. I hate it!”

“You drink by yourself or…I feed you…and you know how I feed, right?” He asked smirking.

“Nah…I don’t want…”

“One!”

“If you let me eat strawberries…”

“Two!”

“It’s disgust…..”

“Thr….”

“Fine!” Before he could count three I quickly took the glass from his hand.

“Tch!” I pinched my nose with my thumb and forefinger before drank the milk slowly. Aish! Bad taste ever. I finished the last drop and put the glass on the table. I pouted glaring at him. He shrugged messing with my hair. I pushed his hand away and stomped my feet to our room up stair.

I plopped down on the couch and the TV. Then I saw news about the Drug. The criminal were dragged into the court room. With that I saw Lay and Xiumin were at the corner. No one noticed because they didn’t know them. But I notied. I was not sure if Luhan worked with them to get those men or not. I really worried about that. I once told Luhan that I didn’t want him to do his job anymore. And our parents too, they told him to stop. Luhan didn’t say anything but I knew he would never stop. He was doing it, I knew. I tried to ignore when he left me at night. Sometime, I could not sleep but waited for him.

“What are you thinking?” I snapped out of my thought as he sat down beside me. I turned to him and sighed.

“What with that sigh?” He raised his eye brow at me.

“Would you tell me the truth if I ask you?” I asked staring at him.

“Why not? What do you want to ask?”

“What made you become a detective? And what happened to your sister?” I asked softly. Luhan blinked a few times and then pulled me into his arms. His put his arms around me with his chin on my head.

“Rin, that’s my sister’s name. As you know, I was born with illness. I was weak, sick a lot and easy to catch fever. I just stayed at home in my room, refused to get out although my parent tried to persuade. I could not walk since I was six until I was ten. Actually, I could walk but I just kept myself from going outside and stayed in the room until I could not balance my body by myself. I and my sister studied in my room with the tutors. And when it was my tenth birthday and Rin encouraged me to try to walk then I tried and two years later I could walk by myself properly. It’s the year, I started to go to outside of the house. I started to study at school like the other kids with Rin and we always had babysitter along. We were happy and enjoyed our lives like the other. Until one day, we were in high school, I tried to run away from my babysitter and Rin wanted to go with me too. That…” He paused, I found he clenched his fist hard. I put my hand on his fist and squeezed it gently to comfort him.

“That was the day I can’t forget, she was just 17 year old, and she left us…It’s my entire fault!...” He paused again. I knew he was trying to hold back his tear. My eyes got teary too.

“When we were happy with our freedom…and we forgot about everything…little did we knew, we ran into a group of gang…”

“That…Kang Jihyung’s gang?” I asked softly when he stopped.

“Mm…I didn’t know him that time, he was just a boy who likes to bully other students…he kidnapped us…and I found we were tied up in a warehouse. Then…he separated Rin and I so I tried to release myself from the rope to help her. But I only got hit and kicked everywhere until I didn’t feel it’s my body. What I could hear was only Rin’s crying for help and their laughter killing me. I cried until I didn’t know when did I unconscious? Then, I woke up in the hospital and Mom told me that Rin already died…” Luhan sobbed softly on my shoulder. I turned to him and hugged him tight.

“Let cry…as much as you want…it’s time to cry…no need to be shy…” I said keeping my arms around him.

“I became cold and lifeless after Lin’s death. I blamed myself every day that it was my fault and I promised to myself that I have to kill that man myself although I didn’t know him. I believed I’ll meet him one day. And it’ll the day that I’m not a loser any more. After Lin’s funeral, Mom sent me to China to live with Grandma. My parent thought that I would forget everything in Korea if I moved to China. In China I met Lay, we were in the same collage. And Lay was a friend who leaded me into detective group after he knew my story from Grandma. His uncle was a secret detective trainer. That’s how I became a detective without anyone knows beside my group…” He said and I was like ‘oh’.

“And when you came back to Korea and acted like you’re still a weak to your parents?”

“Yes!”

“Liar!” I said. Luhan sighed.

“Now, you know everything, right? Happy?” He asked.

“But…really, Lu, can you just stop doing it? It’s dangerous…”

“I promise, I’ll always be fine! I’ll never leave you!”

“You almost die already, remember?”

“Not again!”

“Still a liar!”

“Not this time!”

“You always leave me at night to work, don’t you?”

“Just sometime…”

“And it makes me worried….what if something happen?”

“Nothing happen!”

“Stubborn!”

“Really, it’s fine!”
“Fine with those gun and knives?”

“I’ll never break my promise…I’ll never leave you again!” He said softly and leaned to kiss me. I gave in and kissed him back.

“Noona!!!!!!.....AH!! I’m sorry!” Sehun’s voice made me pushed Luhan away. Sehun was standing at the door with his hands coving his eyes.

“Er…What do you want, Sehun-ah?” I asked shyly. Luhan chuckled and I glared at him.

“I bring you some strawberries!”

“Really? Where is it?” I asked forgetting about the incident earlier.

“I leave it in the kitchen!” He said and I was about to run out of the room but I was held back by Luhan.

“She ate it a lot today, Sehun, throw it away!”

“Luhan!!!!!” I screamed trying to release myself from his strong grip.

“Go and throw it away, Sehun! Hurry!!!”

“N…Nae!”

“Sehun Don’t!!!! Don’t!!!! I’ll kill you if you do so!!!!! Luhan, Let me go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed me lung out as Sehun closed the door.

“Luhan!!! You big head liar!!!! I hate you!!!!” I yelled hitting his chest. He tried to catch my hands and made me stay still in him arms.

“It’s not good to eat too much! Tomorrow, you’ll have it again!” He said firmly. I pouted lowering my head down. Then he pulled me into his embrace.

“I’m just worried about you and our baby, ok? Let care about yourself first, alright?” He whispered and I nodded. I knew it but I just could not control myself. But…thank you, Lu. I love you!