Engaged

My Life as his Babysitter and Wife (Editing)

As the car stopped, Luhan got out and Mr. Choi opened the door for me. I stepped out and the flashlight focused on us. I didn’t think that it would be a big party like this. Luhan reached out his hand to me. I stared at him hesitated to put my hand on him. He nodded, I smiled and put my hand on his. He grabbed my hand and walked in the hall. Where were my parents anyway?

“Your parents are with my parents, there!” Luhan turned to a VIP table where I saw my parents and his parents sitting there with Luhan’s Grandma.

“Hey! Hyung!” Kai put his hand on Luhan’s shoulder. We turned to him and found ExoK and Sehun’s Noona behind us. I smiled shyly at them as ExoK stared at me with wide eyes.

“JiMin, is this really you?” Baekhyun asked checking me up and down.

“No wonder Auntie chooses you!” Suho said smiling.

“Choose me? What do you mean?”

“You’ll know it. I think your parents need you now” Suho said pushing me and Luhan forward. Luhan pulled me toward the table that our parents were sitting at. My parents were laughing happily with them. They came back and didn’t even go back home to see me but they stayed here with Luhan’s parents. Something fishy about them.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” I bowed to the elders.

“Oh, you’re here, dear!” My mom said hugging me.

“Mom, what’s going on here?” I whispered.

“You’ll know and surprise!”

“Mom!”

“Sit down!”

“Aish!” I sat down as Luhan sat beside me.

“You look beautiful tonight JiMin!” Luhan’s grandma said.

“Thank you!”

“Lulu, why don’t you take that glassed off. You look like a fool, you know? Don’t hide your handsomeness behind those glassed, come on, take it off!!!” She said reaching out her hand to take his glasses off but he leaned back.

“It’s ok, grandma! You know what happen when I take it off!”

“You can wear lens, you know?”

“It’s tiring!” He said coldly. His grandma sighed. So stubborn!!!

“Liar!” I whispered loud enough for Luhan to hear. My mom and Luhan’s mom giggled at each other looking at us. I frowned feeling uneasy.

“Don’t you think something very fishy?” I leaned to whisper in Luhan’s ear. He glanced at me didn’t say anything.

“Good evening, Ladies and gentlemen! It’s time to get to the point for tonight!”  A host came to stage and said with a smile. Everyone clapped their hands enjoying. And he continued to talk about company relationship and things. I didn’t care and kept playing with the glass. Luhan kept playing with his phone texting someone.

“Come on, dear!”  My mom pulled me up. I quickly got up while Luhan was dragged by his mom. And for my surprise, our family came on the stage.

“Mom, why we have to come here?”

“Shh! What you should do is to calm down when you know everything we had prepared for you. Promise, me you don’t act too much about it, ok?” She whispered. I frowned but nodded my head.

“Remember, if you love me and if you can’t accept this announcement, we’ll take after this but please, be patient to hold for later!”

“Ok!”

“First…”  And Luhan’s father started to thank the guests and talked about the company again. And then it’s my dad’s turn.

“And…tonight is our special night because our family will become one after this night…” This statement attracted me to focus on what they talked.

“Become one?” I mumbled.

“Shh! Keep smiling!” Aish!

“We decided to tie our relationship and keep it up even stronger! We will run this business together and forever…so this night we’re telling you and the world that my only son and Yoon’s only daughter engaged to each other and the marriage will happen soon!” With the last sentence I and Luhan turned to each other with wide eyes. He frowned and turned slowly to his mother as same as me that turned to my mom.

“Let’s talk later, ok?” My mom whispered and I had to shut my mouth as I met my dad’s stare.

“I’ll explain later!” Luhan’s mom whispered as she kept smiling at the guests. I bit my lip and my eyes caught someone’s glare. Kang Jihyun was glaring at me, as if glaring could kill I would die under her eyes right there! Aish! I’m dead!!!

“I think I’m going to die soon!” I mumbled to Luhan. He looked at me and then followed my gaze.

“I see!”

“It’s your fault!”

“Whatever!”

“She’ll never let it go easily on me!”

“I see!”

“I’m dead!!!”

“You will!!!”

 

“Mom!!! Don’t you love me?”

“Because I love you so that we decided this for you”

“Don’t you know, we don’t love each other?”

“We know! But we sure, you two can develop your feeling to each other later and after you got married”

“We can’t!!! And no way can be!!!”

“Believe us, you can!”

“You don’t know him clearly…”

“I know his parent before your birth!”

“But Luhan is different!!!”

“He’s a bit weak, cold, aloof, stubborn…”

“Not a bit, mom! Very cold! So aloof! Extremely stubborn!!!”

“You know about him a lot and clearly, no wonder Luna chooses you, my dear!”

“Mom, it’s not what I want! I don’t want to marry him!!!”

“You have only two choices!”

“Really? What are they?”

“One…marry him!”

“Second….?”

“Two…don’t call us your parent!!!”

“I choose…Er… what? Mom, you love me, right? How can you abandon me because of that stupid marriage?” I fake a cry with puppy eyes.

“It’s not stupid, dear! Because we love you, because we want you to meet someone good for your future, so we have to choose for you. Believe us, you and him can make a happy family…”

“What if not? I don’t love him, he doesn’t love me! How can we?”

“You…”

“Enough, enough! It’s late to refuse, no matter what your reason is…your marriage will always happen!!! Go to sleep, you have class tomorrow!”

“Dad!!! Mom!!!” But they already disappeared into their room! I sighed didn’t know what to do!

 

 

 

“…” Luhan was staring at a glass in front of him blankly.

“We arranged this marriage for you!” His mom said trying to explain.

“…”

“Indeed, I didn’t plan to make this up, but after meet JiMin and how you act with her, I made this marriage up! You’re different with her not like with other babysitter and she can take care of you, more importance is…she’s the first one who can fight back to your stubbornness!”

“Is that all?”

“And it’s good for our business!”

“Business again!”

“Lulu, don’t be like this! It’s not we only think about the business but also your future, I’m sure you and her can take care of each other!”

“What I mean is…I don’t love her…she doesn’t love me…”

“Please! Lulu…”

“…”

“I know…you’re always stubborn to us…but please, believe us just this one time! We know and sure that she’s the right one for you!”

“…”

“Lulu…”

“…”

“Lulu, we don’t want to see you’re like this…”

“The point is…although I try hard to refuse, the marriage will always happen, right?”

“You’re right!” His dad said firmly. He knew his father, always mean what he said! Luhan sighed getting up and walked toward his room. Mrs. Kim looked at her husband sadly. He sighed patting her shoulder.

“He’ll be ok with her!”

“I think so…but it’ll be hard for JiMin. Look like she’ll try very hard to handle our son…and what if she gives up!”

“She will not! I bet, JiMin is a good girl and I can see her kindness and patient that she’ll hold onto this stubborn kid until the end!”

“I hope so!”

 

Please do comment