Babysitter

My Life as his Babysitter and Wife (Editing)

 I looked at him a second and then ran to the gate finding a woman with wealthy clothes. She had such a beautiful face although she was in her middle age. A black suit man was standing behind her. I opened the gate and bowed at her, she nodded at me.

“Where is my son? Is he fine here?” She asked hurriedly.

“Yes, he’s fine. Come in, please” I let them get in. She scanned my living room with a steady face. Although she seemed quiet but I felt comfortable with her due to her kind eyes.

“I’m going to bring you a drink…” I said.

“It’s fine. I want to see my son”

“Ok” I walked to my room and knocked on the door, a few second the door open.

“Walk me like I can’t see” He commanded holding my hand, I sighed and walked to the living room with him behind.

“Luhan!!!!” The woman shouted as soon as she saw her son, she ran toward him and hugged him tight. I smiled at the sight. She wiped her tears and then walked toward me holding my hands.

“Thank you! Thank you very much that take good care of my son” I smiled patting her hand lightly.

“It’s nothing to thank, I do what people should do”

“No! How can you say it’s nothing while you take care of my son like this?” I didn’t know what to say but smiled.

“Mm now I think you’re tired already Lulu. You can go home and take a rest, Dear” she turned to the guy, whose name Luhan and then turned to me. And you! I have something to talk to you” Me? I thought that it’s over already.
“Yes? Yes…”

“No! I want to rest here. I’ll wait till you finish” He said and walked slowly like a myopia person to my room. Well, was it his room? He’s very good at lying and acting.

“Strange!” His mum frowned shaking her head, she turned to me and a smile appeared on her beautiful face. It was an angel smile. Now I knew where Luhan got that kind of beautiful face from.

“Ah hmm, I think I should introduce myself first” She stood up bowing at me. I quickly stood up and bowed back.

“I’m Kim Luna, Luhan’s mother. You can call me Auntie”

“I’m Yoo JiMin” I bowed and sitting down facing her.

“So….tell me how could you help my son?” She started the subject, Mmmm should I lie to her or not….

“Mmm I saw him when I was walking to school…..he was like a blind walking on the street and little did I know he collapsed on the ground…so I took him home when I found that he had nothing even a phone to contact to someone he knows…that’s all” God I lied, I hated myself, I hated that guy, Luhan. She nodded.  

“Mmm may I ask you something?”

“Sure what is it?”

“How could he lose from home? Is he….” Before I could continue she cut me off.

“He has no problem in his mind, but I know he wants freedom that he can go anywhere he wants to go, but no! I can’t give it to him…”

“Why?”

“Don’t you notice that he’s so pale and thin?”

“Honest, Yes”

“He’s weak since birth. His health is not good. Living with illness, I know it’s hard for him so that we take care of him like a baby. But he hates it. He hates the fact that he’s a weak. He refuses all the babysitters and bodyguards who we hired to take care of him because we’re very busy with work…but he always escapes from them, like this time, we lost him because he tried to run away from his bodyguards….” She explained sadly.

“Ah I got it” but why should he lie that he had myopia while his eyes were good. I thought.

“But…I got a strange feeling why my son seems to get along with you well when he always refuses all the people who help him before…”’ I raised my eyebrows surprisingly.

“Don’t look at me like you not believe, It’s true….he’s strange. Look like he truth you, you know?”

“I don’t think like that, maybe because I help him…”

“No! It’s like this…a few months ago he lost, but you know? He didn’t even let the helper touch his hand. He just let them call me and when I arrived, I found that he kept his distance from them. But when he’s with you, he’s not even afraid to use your room and hold your hand…Mmm…I found an interested thing…”

“Yes?”

“Would you mind if I want you to be his babysitter?”?

“Yes?”

“You heard it right, I can feel that he trusts you. So…please! I know you like to help people, please help me…” She plead with her teary eyes. I smiled awkwardly didn’t know what to say.

“Err….”

“I’ll give you whatever you want”

“But…I’m still studying, how can I take care of him? I think I can’t do it well…” I tried to state the reason.

“No matter with that, Luhan is studying too. So, from now on he’ll study with you and you can take care of him everywhere and every times”

“Wait! You meant, Luhan will transfer to my school?”

“Bingo!”

“And he’ll stay with me?”

“Call!”

“But….”

“I’ll ask your parent about that. And if I’m not wrong I know your parent. They’re my friends and we’re partner” She said while looking at my photo with my parent on the wall.

“Re…really?” I widen my eyes upon hearing that.

“Yes! They’re on their holiday, right?” God! What should I do now?

“Nah Nah, JiMin-ah I count on you, Kay?”

“I….I…”

“JiMin-ah, you are my last hope, please! I have only one son and I don’t want to lose him. He’s my life. He’s my everything. What do I do if one day I lose him and lose forever….”

“I can’t help either if he wants to run away….”

“No! He’ll not run away if he stays with you. I know he trusts you already so that he won’t run away…”

“Err….” I was hesitated to agree. She looked down disappointedly and I felt guilty.

“Ok! Since you don’t want to help me…I’m going…” She stood up like she would go.

“Wait!” I stopped her.

“Yes! I’ll take care of him” I said closing my eyes tightly. It’s hard to answer to her, but finally I agreed.

“Really? You agree to take care of him? How great! Thank you JiMin-ah” She hugged me grinning with delight. I smiled when I saw her smile. It reminded me of my mother’s smile. It’s warm and sweet.

“So you start to take care of him tomorrow, okay?”

“It’s so fast…”

“No! It’s better than Luhan runs away again. Tomorrow I’ll send everything of Luhan here, ok? And Luhan will stay in your house and I’ll check on him every four days a week. I’ll inform your parent. Don’t worry, dear…” She stopped to breath and then continued.

“Tell me whatever you need…now give me your phone number” I was so dumbfounded by her so-fast talking.

“Yes! Yes!” I hurriedly typed my phone number in her phone. And she gave me two cards, one is her ID card and another one was credit card that made my eyes widen.

“Mrs. Kim I think I don’t need this...”

“You need! Use it as much as you want. I know my son needs it too”

“Mmm thank you”

“So now we end the discussion. Thank you again JiMin.”

“You’re welcome. But err…what if Luhan won’t agree to this idea”

“He will, I’m sure” She nodded at me. I smiled back awkwardly.

“So I’ll get Luhan”

“Yes, thank you” I walked to my room and knocked on the door.

“Y...Yah it’s time to go home” I shouted a bit for him to hear while knocking on the door.

“Is he sleeping?” Gosh!! She scared me. Mrs. Kim stood behind me that I didn’t know when.

“I don’t know too” I said twisting the knob to open the door and found it wasn’t locked so I opened it.

“He’s asleep” I whispered to Mrs. Kim. She nodded her head walking toward the bed. She smiled while looking at her sleeping son.

“He’s still a baby to me. How I wish his health is fine like the other” Tears started to form in her beautiful eyes. I looked at his baby face sleeping peacefully in my bed.

“Lulu” She shook his shoulder. He turned his body a bit before opened his eyes and blinked cutely.

“Finished?” He asked softly. Mrs. Kim nodded her head

“Let’s go home”

“Yeah” He said and then got up as Mrs. Kim gave him his glasses.

“So I would like to say goodbye to you” Mrs. Kim turned to me saying goodbye. I nodded smiling at her.

Mrs. Kim turned to me again as she was about to get into the car.

“Tomorrow I’ll be here again”

“Yes, I’ll be waiting”

“Bye Bye” She waved and then got in the car. I responded to her and took a glance at Luhan finding he just kept his eyes to the front. Tch! Cold- blooded liar!!!