Alone...

My Life as his Babysitter and Wife (Editing)

“Luhan!!!!!!!!!” Jimin shouted sitting up. Her face covered by tears and it kept rolling down. It was just a dream, right? Luhan was fine, right? He didn’t leave me, ok? She thought and looked around and found Sehun was sleeping on the couch and Chanyeol was on the floor with his head resting on the table. What were they doing here?

“Luhan…” She mumbled getting off the bed.

“Noona, you’re awake?” Sehun asked walking toward her.

“Sehun, Luhan…Luhan is fine, right? Where is he?” she asked tugging his arm. He turned away with teary eyes.

“Noona…hyung…Luhan hyung…he’s gone…” He looked at me sadly.

“Liar! He’s fine…You liar!!!”  She shook her head running out of the house.

“Noona!!!” Sehun yelled running after her. She didn’t care and continued to run until she reached the river that Luhan and Kang Jihyung disappeared into.

“LUHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You liar!!! You said you never leave me, didn’t you? Now, come back to take your word!!!! Big head liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Jimin shouted her lung out. Sehun panted hard hugging Jimin didn’t let her do anything nonsense.

“Noona…please…” Sehun cried hugging her tight.

“He said he loves me…he promised that he’ll never leave me…” Jimin sobbed dropping her body to the ground. Chanyeol stood still behind them with teary eyes.

“Big head liar….you lie to me again and again…you bad liar!!!” Jimin mumbled hitting the ground.

“I’ll never forgive you…if you leave me like this…COME BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!” She shouted again and was about to jump into the river but Chanyeol grabbed her waist. Jimin struggled and cried hard in Chanyeol’s arms.

“Big head liar Luhan…you bad…I hate you…I hate you…” Sehun cried turning away as he saw her like that. Chanyeol kept Jimin in his arms as he sobbed silently.

 

 

“We’re not sure if he really died because we could not find his body…” Kris said to Luhan and Jimin’s parents. He was telling the trust to them. He told everything about Luhan’s fact. Mrs. Kim almost faint same as Jimin’s mother and Grandma. They never thought that Luhan could hide something like that from them. He was too weak since birth and now, Kris was telling them that he’s a detective. How could that be?

“LuLu, my dear grandson…” Grandma cried out. Luhan’s father covered his face with his hands. They had two children and they both left them at such very young age. With that Chanyeol came in the house with Jimin in his arms.

“Jimin!”  They rushed toward Chanyeol worriedly. Chanyeol put her down gently on the bed in Luhan’s room. She looked so tired and weak with tears on her cheeks. It seemed tears never left her face. Mrs Yoo sobbed silently as she saw her daughter.

“Jimin!...” She sat down beside Jimin patting her head. Mrs. Kim patted Mrs. Yoo’s shoulder gently.

“It’s touching her heart so badly…is it our fault to tie them up like this?” Mrs. Yoo said sadly.

“At least we did because we want them to be happy…it’s not like we wanted to hurt them…”

“We’re sorry Jimin-ah!”

 

 

Jimin’s POV

I saw him…I saw Luhan…he was standing beside the window where he liked to sit on the chair when he’s thinking about something.

“Luhan…is that you?” I walked closer and closer. He turned around to face me with a smile. It’s really him. I smiled running toward him and hugged him tight.

“I miss you!” He said…and he suddenly disappeared from my arms.

“Why? Luhan!!!!” I started crying.

“You promised me that you’ll be happy no matter what happen, right? Do it! And I can rest in peace!” It’s his voice…

 

“Luhan!!!!” I cried out as I opened my eyes just to fine myself in Luhan’s room. I was sleeping in his bed, the bed that we used to share. I cried silently missing every single thing we did together.

“How can I? You told me to be happy…I just can’t do it!...Since you…left me…You can’t rest in peace too. I’m going to disturb your peace…I’m going to cry everyday…I’ll not be happy…so that…you can’t live in your peace and come back to me…” I mumbled hugging his photos to my chest.

“Please come back…” I prayed even if I knew it could not be.

 

 

It’s been a weak after the incident. Living without him was like living in the world alone. I didn’t go to school nor do anything. My parents forced me to live in Luhan’s parent’s house. They’re afraid that I would do anything bad to myself so I had to live in this room all day, all night. I didn’t want to go out anymore. ExoK and Luhan’s friends from China visited me often. Sehun and Chanyeol came every day to see me until I found it was very annoying. And there were Nam and Taewon too, they came to comfort me sometime. But I didn’t listen to them and kept blanking out all the time. I just wanted to be alone...thinking about Luhan…can’t I?

Seriously, I didn’t have a reason why I had to live on? I felt like I also died, I felt like I lost everything…everything that could not return. There was no one day go I didn’t cry. 

“Jimin-ah!” Luhan’s mom came in. I turned to her and bowed my head at her. She sat down beside me and took my hand into hers.

“I’m sorry…” She said sadly with teary eyes.

“Omma…” I said lowered my head down.

“We’re really sorry…” She could not continue as she hugged me and cried. I cried on her shoulder silently.

“If we didn’t make up the marriage…this would not happen…” She said with shaky voice.

“No…it’s not your fault…honestly, I’m very happy that I have an awesome mother in law like you same to appa and grandma…you guys are so kind to me…I’m happy to be your daughter in law too because it’s not bad to be Luhan’s wife at all…he is the best husband ever…” something stuck in my throat and I could not continue.

“We should not…force you to marry him from the first place…”

“Omma…it’s not your fault…it’s our fate anyway…” I cut her off before she said sorry again.

“Let me show you something…” She said getting up to the shelf and took an album out.

“Here! There are a lot of photos of Luhan and us” she sat down putting the album on her laps.

“He was one year old, if it’s like the other kids, they may start to walk but for Lulu, he was too weak to learn it. Since birth he suffered from his ill. He could not play with the other kids even if he wanted to. We always kept him in our control, never let him do anything by himself…”

“…”

“This one, when he was two year old…he’s so adorable, right?”

“Yes…”

“This picture we took when he was sitting alone. That time was a very hard time for us. His personality was bright and easy going. But after Rin’s death, he changed. From friendly to a meanie, from smiling to steady face. He changed everything he used to be before…”

“I’m sorry to ask this…How did Rin die?” I asked softly.

“That was a time that Lulu tried to run away from the babysitter and Rin went along with him and then they were kidnapped by a gang.  When we found them, she already died…”

“So that the reason why he changed?”

“It could be. First, he kept saying it’s his fault to run away. He said that he’s the reason of her death. And a week later he started to change bit by bit…” She said sobbing softly. I lowered my head as my tears rolled down.

“I don’t want…to see the same scene…so please…move on…” She continued difficultly. I turned to her as she took my hands.

“Please, don’t live in the past…I love you and you’re always my daughter. So let begin new life…Luhan is the past…” She said silently. I shook my head.

“I can’t! I just can’t! He’s the past but also my present…and future...he’s the only one. Please, omma…don’t force me…”

“You’re too young, jimin-ah. You can’t live alone forever. Don’t put your youth down here…”

“I’m sorry!” I said walking out of the room. Everyone kept telling me to move on. They tried to do anything to make me forget about Luhan. It’s just a week and they wanted me to forget about my husband?    

“It’s been a month already…Lu…I miss you…really miss you” I said sobbing. I was sitting on a bench along the river where Luhan and Kang Jihyung disappeared. I didn’t know why I was there but I went there three times a week. It’s quiet and I could have alone time. Mr. Choi followed me everywhere I went but he just left me in my world.

I sighed staring into the river. I really hope it was just a dream. When I wake up I would see Luhan beside me. His smiling face, his annoying smirk that I missed the most appeared every time I close my eyes. I missed his steady face when he’s jealous. Missed every single expression. I still could not get over his death.

“It’s very cold here!” Someone said putting a cloth around my shoulders. I turned and found Taewon oppa standing behind me.

“Can I sit here?”

“Yes!”

“Thank!” He sat down and we talked. I only kept quiet and listened to him silently.

“It’s getting dark here! When will you go home?” He asked.

“A bit more. You want to go? It’s ok, I can stay here alone!”

“I want to stay with you! But I think it’s not good to be here. It’s dangerous…”

“I’m used to it! And Mr. Choi is right there with me” And we sat there a bit longer. I suddenly felt strange, it’s like someone kept staring at me but when I turned to look for it…it was nothing, only darkness I could see.

“What’s wrong?” Taewon asked as he noticed my strange action.

“Nothing!”

“Let’s go home then!”

“Ok!” I nodded. I kept turning back as I felt I was stared at. Shhh! I got goosebumps suddenly or it’s just because of coldness. It was not ghost, ok?   

 

Honestly, i'm not good at angst but i was trying my best to do it. Or i failed? And stay tune to see if it's an angst or a happy ending. Thank you chingu(s).