Nightmare

Two Moons And The Mermaids

“UMMAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!” Draco shouted at the top of his voice.

“DADAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!” Kirsten followed.

You and Luhan sat up at the same time with eyes barely open. “Lemme guess…” he croaked. “Nightmares again...”

“I am so gonna kill Chen if this keeps up…” you whined. “Bedtime stories are supposed to be fun! Not traumatizing!”

Luhan yawned and crawled out of the bed. He waited for you while trying to get hold of your groggy self towards him.

After stepping into the next room, Kirsten had already fallen back to sleep on Kris’ chest who laid on one side of the bed. She was sleeping so peacefully that her tiny arms and legs dangled all over his side.

Draco was also drifting to sleep when Suho kept tapping his who stayed on the other side and half asleep.

“I guess we’re not needed here anymore…” Luhan held your wrist and tugged you.

“Yeah… Those two always beat us…”

Before you can even make a step, another figure was lying on the couch in deep sleep. “What the hell?” you walked over and despite the story book covering his face, Chen’s high pitched snore gave it away. “Hans Christian Andersen: The Little Mermaid…” you read. “Since when did the Little Mermaid became a horror story?” out of annoyance, you snatched the book. “Yah! Lightning boy!”

Luhan watched from the door, amused and shaking his head. ‘3, 2, and… 1.’

A wave of deafening thunders roared in the sky.

Chen’s eyebrows were furrowed, clearly irritated at the minor disturbance. He grabbed the pillow behind his head and covered his face with it.

“You shouldn’t have done that, babe…” Luhan said.

You gulped and tiptoed your way back to him. “Ooppssss…”

He snatched the book from your hand and ditched it in a corner and tugged you out of the room. “Let’s just go to sleep…” with his super strength, he scooped you off the floor making you hugged him like a koala on a tree. “Sleep tight, princess…” then planted a soft kiss on your cheek.

“Mhmmm…”

----------

That morning, everyone gathered at the smaller house for breakfast. No one complained at the crowded dining room since the guys favored Suho’s cooking over DO who was in charge at the bigger house.

Seri was right beside you when water spurted from after seeing Kris coming down the stairs. He had his shades on and a trench coat while towing Kirsten.

She elbowed you. “Unnie… your husband is mighty fine…”

“But of course! Am I lucky or what?” you snickered.

When Kirsten broke away from him and climbed onto Himchan’s lap, Kris went behind you and kissed the top of your head. “Morning babe…”

“Morning…” you looked up. “Yah… Aren’t you just going to the bakeshop? What’s with the get up?”

“Tch! You know me! I’m fabulous like that!” he smirked.

“Riigghhhttt…” you eyerolled and continued feeding Draco who was on Suho’s lap.

“Mom? Are witches true?” he asked.

You paused and cocked your head to the side. “Wae?”

At that point, every person in the room listened as well.

“Coz Uncle Chen said that mermaids are witches with fish tails…” he slowly chewed on a meat you gave him.

Your eyes formed into slits and went straight to the person in front of you. “Care to explain?”

“What?” Chen shrugged. “If there are witches on land, their counterparts at sea are mermaids! They’re just the same!” he explained.

“Dude!” Kai snorted. “Where did you even get that?”

“Oh c’mon man! You should realize by now how humans tend to sugar coat things. Whoever wrote that story only made mermaids look good!” he smirked and continued eating.

You looked away and pinched Draco’s cheek in comfort. “Uncle Chen is a troll. Don’t mind him.”

“But mom? I think it’s true! I had a dream last night where a lot of fishes were chasing me!”

“Nado!” Kirsten’s tiny voice butted in. “I’m afwaid…”

Himchan hugged her as tight as he can. “Awww~ Don’t worry baby… Uncle Channie will catch those fishy and grill them!”

“Weeeee!” the little girl giggled.

‘You can’t even catch a tadpole on a pond! Pft!’ Kekemato remarked from under the table.

Kris picked up his daughter and raised her. “Daddy will go now. I’ll be back as soon as I can, okay?” she nodded. “And don’t give mommy a headache…” she grinned. “Kiss daddy…” he puckered his lips and Kirsten kissed him. He lowered her to your lap and stooped down to you. “Your turn…”

He pinched your chin and let his tongue slide as your lips touched.

“Eewwww!” Youngjae and Jongup chorused and faked a gag.

“Be careful…” you whispered to him.

He winked after pulling away and went to the door.

The maknaes also stood to leave for school and so did the bakeshop team to follow Kris.

“Bye noona!” Sehun waved.

“Bye unnie!” Seri staggered while being pulled by Kai. Tao and Zelo also trailed them. “Later everyone!” they said.

BAP, hence the bakeshop team also dispersed.

“Yah!” Yongguk called. “You’re all dead if I hear any complaints from Xiumin. Got that?”

“Neehhhh!!!” they replied.

Before you know it, the room was left with Lay, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun who were the housemaids, and the remaining husbands, Suho, Luhan, and Yongguk.

BAP’s leader carried both kids on his back. “Kids are not allowed in here after meals so you are coming with me… We’ll be right outside, babe!”

“Neh! We’ll follow once we finish here!” you yelled.

Silence crept up after the door closed. Those who were left on the table just stared at each other.

That’s when you decided to raise a fist in the middle of the table. “Rock! Paper! Scissors! The two remaining losers will wash the dishes! The rest will either sweep the floor or wipe the table!”

“Deal!” Chanyeol grinned and placed his fist in front of yours.

Then everyone joined in.

Suho proved to be the smartass when he was the first one to be saved. Luhan followed, and after taking a hint from him, your paper won over their rocks. “Booyah!” you praised.

Chanyeol was clearly biting his lower lip while Lay kept his cool. Baekhyun took a breath. “Kawi… Bawi…” he paused. “Bo!

“YESSSS!” Lay raised his fists in the air.

Suho patted Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s shoulders. “Sorry guys! Better luck next time!”

“Look at the bright side!” Luhan stood. “At least you get to perfect the art of dishwashing!”

“Not funny, hyung!” Chanyeol scowled and went to the counter.