Onew's Birthday

Its A Full House. . . Filled With Idiots.

 

Yejin's POV 

 

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a complete disaster. I originally planned this differently. If I really did know my brother then he would've invited the whole kpop industry to the house. I would usually hide in the guest house while they were here. Why do you ask? Come to think of it. I went to extreme lengths just to cover up who I really was. I mean, I had to wear glasses most of the time and tie up my hair in a bun. Do all that extra curricular stuff. I joined lots of clubs when I was in middle school and went on a head on being the school nerd.  I got used to being that person until I now. 

 

My parents found it odd that I wasn't fancy like all the others. But I reassured my parents that I wanted to climb up to their social status with my own capabilities. They agreed but with a condition. If I couldn't make it by the time I was twenty I was too be the heir to dad's company and manage mom's designer line. That's why I'm so determined to do this. To finish this. I have my pride too you know. And I plan to make it there by that time. Since I'm nineteen I can still make in with in a year. 

 

I'm really thankful to Minho for dragging Onew to his house last night. If not today wouldn't be even possible. I called all the workers that works at the house and told them to help me and Key set up the house for Onew's birthday. They all helped out and by midnight we were all done setting up the back yard. (a/n:Imagine their estate as big as Hyun bin's in secret garden.) 

 

I changed into the clothes me and Key bought yesterday. I'm not really comfortable wearing such things but hey. Like I said, I have my pride and I keep my promises. No matter how embarrassing it might be. 

 

 

Today I am an assistant to an event organizer. Which was Key. Today I am not known as the dork and nerd but no other than the Lee's daughter that isn't known to the public. I hope nothing goes wrong. Guests started to come in and the maids entertained them to the event. 

 

Key's POV 

 

Looks like all the people in the check list is here. Even TVXQ sunbaes and Super Junior Hyungs are here. Now for the main event. I called Taemin to bring Onew over with his formal attire. Yejin went to the platform on the stage to check if the mike was working. I could still tell that she was uncomfortable with what she was wearing. 

 

I guess she's almost ready. After just three days of being with that person I didn't expect she'd share much of her life to me. She told me everything. Surprisingly this person caught my interest. We had so much in common. Except for the fact that I wore more fashionable clothes than she does. 

 

I spent three days with her. It seems like I took interest in her. I usually wouldn't give a person the time of day. Especially if the person was a girl. But she's different. I like her. We get a long very well. Better than what I expected actually. At first I didn't want to but eventually she warmed up to me and we grew closer. She's like the dongsaeng I never had. I know I said I wanted a brother thats why I treated like my own son and took care of him but I kinda like the feeling of having a sister too. 

 

I was standing by the door of the house. I was waiting for Taemin to enter with the rest of them. 

 

To : Baby Tae

 

YAH! Where are you?

 

From : Key umma 

 

A few minutes passed and he finally replied. 

 

To : Key umma 

 

We're on our way. :) 

 

From : Baby Tae 

 

I sighed in relief. At least they were coming. Someone tapped my shoulders. 

 

"Omo." I turned around to see Henry. 

 

"Key, have you seen Donghae and the others?" Henry asked me. 

 

"Aniyo. I haven't seen them." I said. I called one of the maids to look for the others for Henry. 

 

Yejin's POV

 

Where the heck are they? This is the only day I'm gonna do this and he's not here. I swear if he doesn't come today, I will go to Minho's house and murder him myself. I walked to where Key was standing. It was a good thing I spotted him right away. Well, who would really wear sequined pants, right? I only knew one person. And that would be the Almighty Kim Kibum. 

 

"YAH! KEEEEEEY!" I shouted trying to make my voice louder than the speakers that was playing the music. 

 

"mmm~" He turned around. 

 

"Is he here already?" I asked. 

 

He just shook his head. "He'll come soon. I texted Taemin." 

 

"He should be. Or else he's dead tomorrow." I muttered under my breath. 

 

"Hm? What was that?" 

 

"Nothing. I'll be behind the stage if you need me." I told him. 

 

He gave me a thumbs up and I went ahead to the back stage and got the people lined up to make the speech for Onew's birthday. The first one up was Yunho from TVXQ, then Leeteuk from Super Junior. Basically everyone from SM town that wanted to give him a message. Then their chairman Lee SoMan just mailed in a video of him giving him a message. Then after him was the video of mom and dad that was sent earlier today from Paris. Taemin was next after that. I was the last person to give him a message though. Key finally signaled me that he was already here. I got on stage and made the quick announcement making sure he doesn't see me yet. Key did his part and made him them sit on the reserved table for SHINee only. The people there were free to sit where ever they wanted to be seated. They were seated right in front of the stage. Everyone was almost done with their messages to Onew. The one's who were left was the SHINee members, Taemin, mom and dad and me. 

 

"Hyung," Jonghyun started. He was looking down at his feet. "Honestly, thank you for everything. Seriously. Every single thing." then he started sobbing and paused for a while. "I'm sorry. I said I wouldn't be emotional but I'm tearing up." He continued. "Hyung. Thanks for all the memories and such. Its been two years already. Almost three. Lets make it to the top, hyung." Jonghyun handed the mike over to Minho. 

 

"Hyung. Congratulations for coming at this age. You're old now." Minho said jokingly trying to make the mood lighter. "Thank you." He bowed. 

 

"YAH! Don't you dare cry on me!" Key said. "If you cry you are so dead when we get back to the dorm." Key said. 

 

"Yah! You are such an umma!" Onew said tearing up just like he did in their first ever Japanese concert. DId I mention I was there? I was in the back stage. I saw how my brother cried in front of all those people while Taemin was mocking him. 

 

Key smiled. "Hyung, lets get along better and succeed in the future." He said and smiled at Onew again. 

 

My heart raced as each of them finished off. It was Taemin's turn. 

 

"HYUNG!" Taemin raised his hands up in the air. "Don't cry! you should be laughing your off its your birthday." He said. "Lets make this upcoming year a better one, arasso?" Taemin exclaimed and Onew just nodded. 

 

Mom and dad said a short message through the video from Paris. "HONEEEEY!" Mom squeaked. "Be healthy, arasso? I know Yejin is taking care of you and Taemin." Mom smiled.

 

"You should take care of Yejin and Taemin too, arasso? You're the eldest so we trust you with them." dad said putting his arm around mom's shoulders. 

 

"We love you dear. And we're sorry we can't be there for your birthday. But we promise to comeback really really soon." Mom said and blew and kiss. 

 

Whooo! Its my turn now. I went up the stage and everyone was wondering… and staring at me. 

 

"Isn't that Yejin?" Onew pointed at me. 

 

"Neh, hyung." Taemin said. 

 

"What happened?" Onew asked dumbfounded. 

 

"Long story short. She lost a bet to me and that is her punishment." Key said sitting down next to Onew. 

 

"YAH! Lee Jinki!" I pointed at him. "Happy birthday and thank you for everything. I'll always be that sweet dongsaeng that you called angel when we were little. Things might be different now but I'm still the same person. Saranghae oppa!" My voice softened and made a heart with my hands. 

 

I tried not to cry but the tears was already rolling down my face. I came up to him and hugged him. "Awww! My pretty angel doesn't need to cry." Onew whispering to my ears. 

 

"OPPA!" I lightly hit him in the shoulder while we were hugging. I don't know why but I held back for so many years. The truth is he didn't come home for five years because he was training with SM Entertainment. And I missed the times when we were little me him and Taemin used to play around the back yard. But everything changed when he decided to go for SM Entertainment and audition. He even took Taemin with him. He didn't even tell me or something. Five years went by and I just snapped and became so bitter towards him. I held back the fact that I missed him. That I've longed for both of my brothers. 

 

I dragged Taemin into our hug too and whispered to their ears. "I miss you." 

--------------------------

Author's Note : OH YEAH! :) Its already 1:40 am. I don't know why I keep updating during the night. Hmm. Maybe because I could think better.

Btw, I was actually crying when I was writing this chapter down. I miss mom, dad and my sister. T_T I'm far away from them right now. And I still wont see them in two and a half months. then I was listening to Dear mom by SNSD and Sorry (Dear daddy) by f(x) which really made me cry. T_T Sighs. I miss them so much right now.

anyway, enjoy the update okay? :) COMMENTS ARE LOVED. :) 

random : I found my username in one of the stories here. ^^ It was a Jaejong fic. My insides were happy and jumping. LOL. Well, he is my very first bias! :) 

I see you new subscribers there! THANK YOUU FOR SUBSCRIBING! :) AHIHI! You guys make me happy. Comment and let me know your thoughts. kekeke~ :) 

 

SRSLY! YOU GAIS MAKE MEE HAPPYYYY! :) Makes me want to update you more with the story. :)