Go Away/ Don't Go Away

Go Away/ Don't Go Away

 

 

One Step Ahead



A sigh escaped my lips as we passed by some kids randomly throwing things at each other. How I wish I could get back to my childhood and do randoms things and throw random things to random people and rando~


Before I could have uttered other random things, I felt our van stopped at once. I pushed against the head rest of the driver seat, stopping the impending collision of my head with it.


"Unnie, are you ok?" Minji, who was seating beside me, touched my arm which was stretched tightly against the head rest.


"Yeah." I answered shortly. I let out a brief sigh and leaned again on my seat.


CL-roo glanced at me with so much concern. "Are you sure you're okay? You seemed to space out earlier." She said worriedly.


I smiled at her and nodded. "Ani. I'm okay. It's just that I'm..."


The girls all looked at me, concern was written all over their faces when my voice trailed off, anticipating my next words.


"...hungry." I finished with a sheepish smile.


All at once, the girls all tackled me while Jjango Manager just smirked and laughed at our ridiculousness.


"AIGOO! GET OFF MY STOMACH! OUT! OUT!" I tried to pull away from the strong arms of Minji, struggled against the big limbs of CL-roo and kicked my way out of Bommie's legs that successfully entwined with mine, locking me tightly.


"JJANGMAE!! HEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!" I cried out. I stole a brief second glance at our manager (it was the only chance I got since CL-roo was pretty much manhandling my face) who was seemingly enjoying watching his kids kill each other.


"Oh, don't mind me, girls. Go ahead. Do what you got to do!" He happily chirped in. I narrowed my eyes into dangerous slits at him, determined to burn him on the spot with my blazing glare.


After long, grueling minutes of struggling, the girls finally felt tired and decided to leave me alone.


I sighed in relief as I they calmed down. My brows, however, furrowed as they all acted as if they didn't intend on killing me earlier.


"YA!"


All of them ignored me, which added to my frustration. Bommie stared out of the window, spacing out. Minji her iPod and placed her headphones on.


I turned my attention to CL-roo who was seemingly engrossed in talking to someone on the phone.


"Ya, hubby! Who is that you're talking to?" I asked, wriggling my nose in suspicion. Almost immediately, she hid her phone which added to my suspicion.


"YA, UNNIE! Stop nosing around!" She ordered me as expected of our dear leader.


"YA! YA! I'm your wifey and yet you're talking to some guy while I sit here beside you, huh?" I acted like a jealous wife which made her smirk.


"Oh, I just asked for a delivery boy to bring us food." She calmly replied.


With that statement, I immediately shut up and put my best behavior at work.


With food on my mind, my lips curved into a happy, giddy smile as we came closer to our destination.






















It was already past three hours since we got into the small, abandoned warehouse and there was still no signs of that delivery boy CL-roo contacted.


What's taking the restaurant too damn long to come here? Did the delivery boy get lost or something?


*SIGH*


I was about to confront CL-roo about our food when a figure suddenly emerged on the front entrance, carrying two bags of what looked like Styrofoams.


My eyes focused on two bags the guy was carrying.


FOOD! My mind registered.


Bommie nudged CL-roo who was gawking at the man standing by the entrance.


"YA! I didn't know that the delivery boy you were talking to earlier would be this handsome." She said teasingly.


That made me look at the face of the man. My mouth widened when I saw who it was.


"KHUN KHUN!"



























"So are you the delivery boy that CL-roo called earlier?" I wriggled my eyebrows at Khun Khun.


It was meant to be a playful question but somehow, it caught CL-roo off-guard as she almost spat the Dukbokki she was munching.


"UNNIE!" Minji swiftly offered a glass of water to our leader who drank it in one gulp. Once I was assured that CL-roo was alright, I turned my attention towards Khun Khun who looked confused.


I was baffled for I thought it was him that CL-roo texted earlier while we were in the van. "I-I thought CL-roo texted you since I said I was hungry earlier and then you brought these..." I looked at him with confusion as well. "So you mean...?" He shook his head.


"I have no idea what you're talking about. I just dropped by to show my support and figured you girls might be hungry." He answered sincerely. I turned my attention towards CL-roo this time who looked pale as a ghost.


"Then who were you talking to earlier?" I asked her, my mind was baffled as I thought it was really Khun Khun. I eyed her suspiciously as her face paled even more as she looked at the direction of the warehouse entrance. A figure dashed towards us in hasty speed.


"MIANHE! Teddy-hyung pulled me into an urgent meeting so I wasn't able to come earlie~"


We all turned to looked at the haggard-looking Kwon Jiyong stopped in his tracks, panting heavily while holding two big plastic bags in both hands.


After awhile, he straightened up and stared at us, as if spacing out.


"JIYONG-OPPA!" CL-roo shrieked in surprise and rushed towards the dumbfounded boy. He stared hard at me, then at Khun Khun who was seated beside me, busy texting someone and lastly, to the almost empty containers of food that was sprawled on the table in front of us.


But Jiyong seemed to not have noticed her presence as he slowly diverted his eyes from our table towards the two bags he was carrying.


"Oppa..." CL-roo gently placed her hand on Jiyong's shoulder. She looked like she was about to cry. I bit my lower lip as I felt it quivering too.


Jiyong shook his head as if waking up from his dazed dream. And as if nothing happened, he let out a meek smile.


"I, I thought you complained that you were hungry. Chaerin texted me earlier saying you were." He stole a glance at me before shifting his gaze towards the table full of empty containers. "I guess I came too late..." He said with a soft chuckle,
making light out of the awkward situation. He touched his nape and rubbed them continuously.


Khun Khun stood up and smiled at us. "Girls, I'm so sorry. Woo texted me and said that we're needed at JYP immediately." He quickly bade us goodbye and went his way towards the exit. He passed by Jiyong and stopped.


"Jiyong-sshi." He bowed politely. Jiyong, still slightly dazed, bowed as well without saying a word.


In a matter of seconds, he was gone, leaving us in awkward silence.


I kept my eyes on Jiyong who was still standing a few feet away from us. He looked so lost and down that I felt a tug in my heart as I realized he was disappointed upon knowing we already ate and as if adding insult to injury, ate the food that Khun Khun brought.


I stood up and approached him, smiling brightly at him.


"JIYONGIE! WOW YOU BROUGHT FOOD!" I yelled enthusiastically. I grabbed the plastic bags from him and hurried into the table to unpack each container.


Though still rooted to his spot, a smile spread across Jiyong's mouth as he watched me happily unpacking the food he brought.


"Oh, I cooked and prepared all those." He beamed proudly as I took off the cover of each of the containers.


My eyes widened as I saw a big container filled with Dukbokki. I gulped as I felt my stomach churning. I have eaten way too much Dukbokki earlier, courtesy of Khun Khun.


But I didn't want Jiyong to feel bad so instead of gagging as I felt the food I had consumed earlier climbing its way back to my mouth, I plastered a big smile on my face.


"DUKBOKKI! Ooohh... I WANT! I WANT!" I exclaimed cheerfully. The girls all looked at me oddly.


"But unnie, weren't you complaining earlier that your stomach's ah~" I nudged Minji's side a little to keep her from spilling anymore.


What Minji said caught Jiyong's attention.


"What about Dara's stomach, Minji?" He sounded concern which tugged at my heartstrings even more.


"Uhm, ah..." Minji stole a glance at me, unsure what to say next.


"My stomach's feeling empty again that's why I feel so energetic seeing all these food!" I roamed my eyes excitedly at the feast in front of me.


It was true that I was feeling sick from eating too much earlier but seeing all the food that Jiyong cooked and prepared for all of us suddenly made me so happy.


I giggled as I noticed the rice cakes were shaped in cute little apple heart shape. I gasped as one container revealed strips of crab omelette rolled to form cute little flowers. I felt giddy as my eyes danced around the cute little cookies molded into cute little rabbits.


He really took time to prepare all these just because CL-roo texted him that I was hungry. That's probably the reason he came so late.


He walked towards our table and settled on the seat the Khun Khun occupied earlier which was beside me.


I smiled at him as I opened the last container. I noticed that his smile grew wide with anticipation as he watched me open the container.


Lo and behold my eyeballs felt like they were about to escape from my eyes as I took in the familiar sight and aroma of my most favorite dish in the world!


"RAMYUN!"


I immediately took a chopstick and was about to dig in when I noticed something.


The ramyun in front of me was not an ordinary ramyun. It looked a hella different from the ones I was used to eating.


There were different leafy vegetables floating around the soup base. Large portions of chicken strips were also swimming gracefully in a sea of perfectly clear soup. The noodles were twisted in different knots, mirroring exquisitely weaved chains.


And in the middle of it all, an egg was proudly sitting, its yolk shaped into an almost perfect heart.


My eyes refused to believe it.


My ramyun looks like a frickin' Chinese festival!


Jiyong probably noticed my shocked expression so he cleared his throat and decided to explain the concept behind his masterpiece.


"I know how much you love ramyun so I decided to cook one for you." I beamed at him which made him smile again. "I searched the net for vegetables that can be added to the soup so that it will still be nutritious." He stopped and looked at me seriously.


"You know how much you need nutrition, right? Look at you! You're losing weight..." He took my arm and examined it just the way our trainer/diatrician, Hwang Ssabu always does.


Aigoo, this boy! Scolding me once again... zz-num-02.gif


But instead of being annoyed, I actually felt happy that he was considering my health, even taking time to research for my welfare.


"And what about those intricate designs you incorporated in my soup?" I asked, eyes twinkling while teasing him. I saw him flushed cutely.


"Uhm, I, ah... was just experimenting and came out that way." He answered meekly which made him look like a cute little teenage boy. He ruffled his hair furiously. "FINE! I know it looks weird." He pouted.


I smiled sweetly at him. "On the contrary, I love it!" I chirped happily.


Although I wanted to eat it, it was too beautiful that I hated to ruin it.


"What are you waiting for? Don't tell me you'll just stare at it until it gets cold?" He frowned at me. I smiled at him shyly.


"But it looks so beautiful! It would be such a waste if I ruined the presentation..." I answered meekly. He just chuckled and took my chopsticks.


Before I could have stop him, he dipped the chopsticks on the ramyun and mixed it, the beautiful presentation was now lost in oblivion.


"YA!" I angrily exclaimed at him. "WHY'D YOU DO THAT??!"


I was furious, heck no, make that, FUMING mad.


"There. You can eat it now, arasso?" He simply answered with a cheeky smile.


In spite of my previous anger, I took the chopsticks from him and ate to my heart's delight.


"OMO! IT'S DELICIOUS, JI!" I squealed in delight with eyes wide open, mouth filled with noodles and vegetables.


It really was. It was by far the best ramyun I tasted in the whole world!


I think I should seriously consider getting Ji as my personal cook. I wonder how much he will charge me...


















































We were immersed in our own world that we failed to realize that there were actually other people with us, patiently watching us.


"Thank you very much, you two, for completely ignoring our presence."


OMO! They were still here! All along I thought it was only Jiyong and I...


I looked up to see Bommie huffing and puffing dangerously. Uh-oh...


"WOW... just WOW... I can't believe the two of you were able to ignore our presence for a good thirty minutes." CL-roo shook her head in disbelief.


I felt myself blushing uncontrollably.


"Unnie, oppa, are we invisible in your eyes? Do we not exist?"


My head shot up and looked at Minji's direction who was staring at us with an amused look on her eyes.


"Mian, noona, Chaerin-ah, Minkki-ah." I heard Jiyong answered a bit embarrassed. "Why don't you guys eat as well? Dara can't eat all of this by herself." He smiled as he invited the girls to eat as well.


I looked at Bommie, CL-roo and Minji and noticed they were all looking at me nervously.


Uh-oh, they're all probably full from all the food Khun Khun brought earlier.


SH*T! I have to think of something.


If they refused Jiyong's food, he'd surely feel bad. From the looks of it, he worked really hard to prepare all these.


"ANI! THESE ARE ALL MINE!" I pulled the containers towards me, hugging them as if afraid they'll be taken away from me by a pack of savage beasts.


This is one of those moment I thanked my brief but illustrious career as an actress in the Philippines.


The girls, including Jiyong, all looked at me with perplexed expression.


"NO SHARING!" I glared at the girls jokingly but they were still looking at me weirdly, probably wondering why the hell I was so greedy when I just said earlier that I was feeling sick from overeating.


I just looked at them and gave them my "just-play-along-with-me-pretty-please-and-i-promise-to-never-cook-again" look which they all understood.


"HAYYSSTT THIS SSANTOKKI! But Jiyong brought that for us as well!" Bommie played along as she stood up and placed both of her hands on her hips.


WOW... Bommie should try her luck in acting as well. She's quite convincing...


Jiyong turned to me and cooed at me as if he was pacifying a toddler throwing a tantrum.


"D-ah, the food's enough for sharing. Come on , now. Be a good girl and give your girls some." He flashed me his blinding, unnerving, mind-blowing smile of his and I felt my knees starting to buckle.


"AAAAAA-NIIIIIII-YOOOOOOOOOO!!!" I pouted like a little kid. HECK! I felt like a little kid.


What the heck???


But I was enjoying being this childish again. It was as if the old Sandara Park that had gone for a long time just came back.


"Fine fine... no need to be greedy, unnie. *SIGH* There's no way of winning against a hungry Ssantokki." CL-roo sighed again which made me smile.


I mouthed a silent "thank you" to my girls and continued eating.


Jiyong looked at me, somewhat confused. "But I thought you already ate earlier? You're still hungry?" He asked me.


Uh-oh. CRAP.


"I did but my tummy can't seem to be satisfied. It's grumbling again..." I pouted which made him smile and pinch my chubby cheeks.


"Arasso. I'll just cook again for you girls. Leave these food to your Ssantokki. She seemed really hungry." Jiyong smiled and looked at me lovingly.


Hayyyyssst! I could totally melt in his eyes...


CRAP! I felt my stomach starting to act up. Aigoo... this is not good. This is not good...


I winced as I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I saw the girls all looked at me with concern but I just smiled at them, assuring them that I was alright.


Take it all in, Dara. I mentally ordered to myself.


I looked at the containers in front of me. There were still a few rice cakes and omelette left.


Just a few more, Dara. Take it all in. You wouldn't want to see him disappointed.


I took a deep breath and ate again, ignoring the growing pain in my stomach.This will go away soon...


Oh dear ole pain, please go away....









































CRAP!


I found myself lying in my bed with the most torturious pain anyone could inflict on me.


I touched my abused little tummy and felt that it was very hard, probably from all the food that was stocked inside it.


CRAP! I let out a yelp as sharp pain shot through my side, making me wriggle in my bed repeatedly.


"STUPID! STUPID! STUPID SSANTOKKI!"


Those were the exact words that Bommie yelled at me when we went home last night. Scratch that- when I crawled my way home last night.


Yeah, yeah... I was stupid. Stupid to pretend that I was so hungry I could eat a feast meant for a girl group.


Yeah, I was stupid to pretend that I could handle all those food I was taking in when my stomach repeatedly yelled in tremendous pain.


But I wasn't pretending when I said that I wanted to eat all those food. I really did.


Ji prepared all those food for me, for us and eating those somehow made me feel his passion and care even more.


Oh Crap I'm getting cheesy even when I'm sick! Aigoo... T_T


I was in the middle of creating a sentimental moment when the door to my room opened with a loud BANG!


WHO IN THE WORLD DECIDED TO DISTURB THE PEACE OF SANDARA PARK???


My eyebrows furrowed as I looked at the two male figures panting like crazy, holding on to each other.


My face softened when I realized it was the Maknae Panda with the Great Kwon Leadah.


"Jiyongie. Seungri-ah." I managed to let out a soft cheerful greeting as I still nursed my painful stomach.


"Noona! Noona!" Seungri greeted me with wide Panda eyes as he rushed towards me and sat on my bed. "How are you feeling now, noona? How's your stomach? Did you drink your medicine already?" The cute maknae asked me with so much concern that my heart swelled.


I gently ruffled his hair and pinched his cute little nose. He rubbed it cutely, like a Panda would.


"Noona's okay. Just a little pain." I replied while still maintaining my smile when inside, I was hurting like hell.


I turned to look at Jiyong and gasped. Jiyong's hair looked disheveled, as if he just ran a marathon. He looked lost and ruffled his hair in frustration.
 


"Ya.. aren't you going to ask how I feel?" I pouted at him. He looked at me at first with that dangerous look of his. I suddenly feared for my life.


CRAP! He probably knows the truth now...


And as if confirming my suspicion, he moved towards me and sat on the bed, opposite Seungri.


"Dara..."


Uh-oh. Here it goes.


I anticipated a tirade of words from the Great Kwon Jiyong. What he did, however, officially made my heart drop on the floor.


"Why did you do that, pabo?" He whispered in my ear as he held me gently in his arms, careful not to squeeze me for he probably knew that I was in immense pain.


I opened my eyes to see if my mind was just playing tricks on me.


But it wasn't. The Great Dragon was indeed holding me in his arms as if I was the most fragile treasure in the world.


"J-jiyong?" I asked hesitantly. I just felt him buried his head more on my nape.


"PABO! Why did you have to eat all the food I brought when you were already full to begin with?" He asked, his voice was stern, scolding me but at the same time, I could still feel the deep concern resonating from his voice.


I heaved a sigh as I felt his hot breath penetrating through the thin fabric of my shirt to my .


"But you took time to prepare those for me, for us. It would be a shame if the food will be wasted..." I answered meekly. I was beginning to lose energy from too much pain and exhaustion my current state was inflicting on me.


He pulled away from our embrace and I suddenly felt an emptiness dawn on me. He frowned a little then flicked his finger on my forehead.


"YA YA YA! I can always cook for you anytime. No need to eat it all in one go." He scolded me again as if I was a child caught playing instead of taking an afternoon nap.


"But I must admit I kind of felt happy with what you did." He confessed while placing a palm on his face, covering perhaps the crimson shade that was slowly spreading on his cute little cheeks.


OMO! Is he blushing?


"Hyung, how could you? Noona is sick and in pain and yet, you are happy?!" Seungri's voice interrupted my thoughts. I looked over at his direction and saw him looking at his leader tauntingly.


Jiyong, on the other hand, glared at him menacingly which was reciprocated only with a snort coming from the maknae.


I couldn't help but laugh as I watched Tom and Jerry starting to bicker once again. Jiyong momentarily looked at me and blushed even more when he realized that I was watching their childish act.


Seungri turned his attention to me and grabbed my hand. He took it and placed it with his, rubbing my palm to comfort me.


I saw Jiyong stiffened a bit.


"Noona, are you feeling better now?" He asked me, his once taunting voice was replaced with pure and genuine concern towards his favorite noona.


I smiled at Seungri and nodded. "Neh. I feel a little better now." I shyly glanced at Jiyong and smiled at him.


He did the same and took my other hand.


The Dragon and the Panda.


Now, now. Two of the hottest idols from the most popular boyband in the country are holding my hands.


How could I not feel better? zz-num-16.gif






































Thankfully, my stomachache healed in time for our rehearsal and practices for our upcoming comeback in SBS' Inkigayo this Sunday. Bommie was set to perform her single "Don't Cry" as an introduction to our first live performance of our digital single "Lonely".


The four of us, Bommie, Minji, CL-roo and I, were all ecstatic and anxious at the same time. It has been quite a long time since we last perform in Inkigayo, eleven months and sixteen days to be exact.


More than anxiety, though, it was excitement that dominated our whole being. We were so eager to walk on stage and perform for teh Blackjacks who have been supporting us continuously even though we had been gone for a long time.


We were given a one hour break and as expected, the girls all collapsed on the couch by the lounge, exhausted from all the day's vocalization and performance.


I, on the other hand, was still fully-charged like an energizer bunny. I felt like skipping and hopping throughout the whole lounge.


Realizing that staying at the lounge will just cause disruption to my dear friends' much coveted rest and probably will cause me immense amount of pain, I decided to head to Teddy-oppa's studio to hang with him, Kush-oppa or whoever was there at the moment.


I happily skipped my way towards our producer's studio, the place he called his home.


Still uncertain who were inside the studio (and afraid that sajangnim could be inside), I slowly and gently turned the knob and discreetly made my way inside the studio.


I tiptoed my way inside, making the least noise I could make, afraid that the silence in the room meant there was an ongoing recording.


I glanced at the recording booth and found it empty. I turned my head to the right, expecting Teddy-oppa sleeping soundly by his producer table, slumped on his "thinking chair" but found it empty.


Weird... Where is everybody?


I was about to exit the studio when my eyes fell upon a huge lump on the couch.


"OMONA!"


I yelled in surprise as I noticed the huge lump stirred, moving a little bit.


I looked closer and began poking the huge lump. My hands flew to my mouth, trying to suppress my shock as I realized that
the huge lump on the couch was none other than the Dragon Boy.


I silently cursed myself for my sudden outburst, thankful that the sleeping boy was not awakened.


Now calm and collected, I made my way towards him and decided to kill time by watching his face.


I squat by the couch near him and saw him tremble a little, probably from the cold temperature inside the room. He was wearing a thin white shirt and comfortable shorts which made the coldness easily seep through his body.


I placed my backpack on the floor and rummaged inside it, looking for something in particular. I smiled upon finally finding it.


It was the purple scarf I bought in Minato, the scarf I haven't had the chance to use, yet.


I gently spread the scarf all over his body, thankful that the scarf's size was almost as big as a small blanket. It was enough to cover most of his trembling body.


I sat on the floor and just watched him sleep. A small smile would be plastered on my face every time he would twitch his nose or pout his lips as if he was caught up in dream world.


After awhile, I received a text from our leader asking me where I was.


I hastily stood up and dashed outside, smacking my forehead continuously for I lost track of time again.


But my lips curved into a smile as I recalled the face of the sleeping Dragon Boy.












































I felt warm and fuzzy as I woke up.


The blinding lights of Teddy-hyung's studio greeted me and I winced in pain as soon as they made contact with my half-opened eyes. I stretched my limbs like a cat and sat up, tilting my head from left to right to ease the strain I was feeling.


I noticed something that fell on the floor in front of me. It was a purple scarf the size of a small blanket.


"Oh, that's probably why I felt warm though it's frickin' freezing here." I accidentally voice out my thoughts.


"What's that, Ji?" I craned my neck towards the right and saw Teddy-hyung busy reading a paper and putting some markings on it. It was probably a new composition.


"Nothing. Thanks for lending me this by the way." I stood up and gave him back his scarf. He stopped writing and looked at the scarf then me, oddly.


"You know damn well I don't own a scarf, Ji." He told me with a frown.


Confusion bugged my mind.


If it's not Teddy-hyung then who could this scarf belong to...


"If it isn't you, then who could have put this on me?" I asked, thoroughly confused. He looked at me as if contemplating my question before turning back to his composition.


"Don't know. When I walked in here, you were all alone, snoring away. That scarf was already draped in you like a blanket when I came in." He tapped his pen on the table and looked as if he was thinking deeply. "I thought it was yours since you're so fond of wearing that pink scarf of yours. Where is that by the way?" He asked randomly.


"I had it washed. Probably wear it tomorrow."


The pink scarf hyung was pertaining to was the scarf Dara gave me from her trip to Thailand. I love wearing it because it was the scarf that Dara wrapped on my neck when she caught me sneezing continuously one cold winter night...


I stopped when a thought suddenly crossed my mind.


Could it be...


I looked at the purple scarf in my hand and sniffed its scent, earning a bizarre look from Teddy-hyung.


Apple...


My heart suddenly beat rapidly and a huge smile curved on my lips.


"Hyung, where are the girls?" I asked him, disrupting him once again from his work. He thought for awhile then smiled.


"Oh! I think they're inside the other studio now. They will be recording the live reggae version of "Lonely"."


I was about to exit the studio when he continued.


"They were on a break earlier that's why I was able to hang out with Chaerin but I think they've resumed recording now." He said as he looked at his watch.


My smile grew wider with what he said.


With that, I clutched the scarf on my chest and dashed my way out of the studio.






































'Coz I’m just another girl...'

Ibami wero weo nan... This night is lonely, I...

Deoneun gyundilsoo opseo good bye... Can't take any more, Good bye...

'Coz I’m just another girl...'

Neomoona wero weo... I'm so lonely...

Jigeum nigyeote isseodo... Even though I'm by your side right now...

Baby I’m so lonely...

Baby I’m so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely...

Baby I’m so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely...

Baby I’m so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely...

Baby I’m so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely...




The last strum of the guitar ended our live session of "Lonely". I couldn't help but smile at Bommie, CL-roo and Minji who were all ecstatic as well.


CL-roo moved closer to the mic and thanked everyone that worked hard today.


"Kamsahamnida! We all did very well!" She happily voiced out our gratitude.


We bowed to all the people inside the room, beaming with pride as they, in turn, congratulated us for the efforts we exerted.


"Congratulations, girls!"


The four of us turned our attention to sajangnim, who was smiling from ear to ear.


"I'm so proud of the four of you." He looked at each one of us. "I'm very proud of each one of you."


We smiled even more as we looked at our president's eyes shining with pride. He was like a father seeing his children growing up right before his very eyes.


"Kasahamnida!" We bowed our heads continuously in gratitude to our President. He smiled at us and ruffled our hairs as if we were really his kids.


"I will go now. I just dropped by to watch your live session."


That was one of the things I love about YG sajangnim. Even if he was dead beat and tired, he would still take the extra time and effort to show his support to us.


Just like his son who was standing by the door, smiling widely while looking at us.


"Jingyo-oppa!"


CL-roo motioned for Jiyong to come to us which he gladly obliged to. As he walked, his eyes remained focused at me, as if I was the only person he could see. I felt myself blush as I realized he was wearing the scarf I wrapped his body in to keep him warm earlier.


"You were all great." He told us proudly, his eyes never leaving mine.


"Are you sure we were all great, oppa? Or are you just pertaining to Dara-unnie?" Minji which made me blush more.


That distracted Jiyong and made him divert his eyes from me to our maknae. Upon seeing Minji's teasing gaze, he blushed and ruffled his hair, the way he usually does whenever he gets shy or embarrassed.


"Of course you're all great! Even you, country girl." He smirked at Minji who pouted cutely.


"YA, OPPA! I told you not to call me that HAAAAYYYYSSSST!" She slapped Jiyong's arm which made us all laugh.


Hay... the maknae can really act cute sometimes. Kkkkkk.


He rubbed his eyes as he was starting to cry from laughing hard.


He then turned to me and whispered. "Thank you." He touched the scarf he had wrapped around his neck. I feigned my shyness with a smile.


"I thought you were getting cold so I covered you up with that." I told him sincerely. I saw a smirk formed on his lips, a sign he was thinking about something.


"I should probably sleep more often in the studio so I can collect scarves from you." He said cheesily which I knew should make me vomit. Instead, I felt my cheeks grew warm and my tummy feel fuzzy.


The five of us talked for awhile. Since BIGBANG and 2NE1 were both busy with our own activities, we took the time to do some catching up.


After a few minutes, the girls excused themselves and said that they wanted to get some food. I was about to get up and follow them when I felt him getting hold of my wrist.


"Stay. I missed you."


I heard a gasp escaped from my mouth. I looked at the girls who were all grinning like mad cats, unnerving and creepy.


"Ji, people can see us..." I looked around, worried that people would notice his hand that were still attached to mine.


"Let them." He said nonchalantly.


HAYYYSSST THIS BOY!


"Neh, unnie. Stay here with Jingyo-oppa. We'll just buy you food." CL-roo said while winking at Jiyong.


AIGOO THESE PEOPLE!



















So that's why I ended up sharing a moment with Jiyong.


We were both sitting on the floor like little kids. He was carrying the small guitar he loves to play with while I was busy strumming my white guitar.


I was just mindlessly strumming my guitar when Jiyong interrupted my thoughts.


"WOW! You should do an acoustic version of Lonely!" He told me as I continued strumming the chorus of our song.


"I WISH! I've just recently learned to play it." I said as I laughed heartily. I knew that that wish was close to impossible. I was not a professional guitarist after all.


"How long have you been learning this?" He asked me curiously. I looked at the ceiling to recall.


"Since the week we premiered the song. I just fell in love with it." I told him honestly.


It was true. Ever since we recorded the song, my hands itched to play it with my guitar.


So I took extra time to learn how play it. I didn't stop until I got it from the first verse to the last line of the song.


Now, I can confidently play it from start to end.


With Jiyong as the only audience, of course. I knew I would piss my pants if I played it in front of everyone.


"Play it! I want to hear you play the whole song." He insisted which I obliged to willingly.


And so I strummed my guitar and played the whole song.


All the while, Jiyong was watching me, as if we were the only persons inside the hall.


Oh, come to think of it. We could most likely be the only persons inside the hall seeing as how we're both focus on just one another.


I was so focus staring at him that I didn't even realize that the song was finished already.


I waited for him to say something but instead, he just kept on staring at me, gawking with mouth wide open.


"Jiyong?" I asked hesitantly. That took him out of the trance he was in earlier.


"OH! It's done already?" He asked, absentmindedly fidgeting with his phone.


I frowned at his seemingly distracted disposition. "YA! You made me play that song and yet you weren't listening!" I pouted.


A smile suddenly crept on his face, confusing me.


He stood and dusted off his pants. He reached for my hands and stood me up.


"D, mian. I have to go somewhere first." He told me. "I'll get back here after a few minutes."


Before I could say anything, he exited the hall and dashed outside.


*SIGH*


He didn't even say anything about what I played.


I frowned and started strumming a new song. It was the song that I love so much.


'Why is that sad look in your eyes...'





















It was the night of Inkigayo, the night of our unexpected, totally unplanned comeback.


It was just a week ago that sajangnim informed us that we will be performing our song.


And just two days ago the he informed me about that little something I had to do.


And now, sitting on centerstage with the girls, I suddenly felt nervous and mushy inside.


I looked at Bommie who was sitting on the other side of the stage and smiled when I saw her giving me a thumbs up sign.


Seeing as how the girls believed in me, I told myself that it's about time for me to step up.


Taking a deep breath, I count to five before strumming my guitar, just in time for the lights to turn on.


CL-roo took the mic and as expected, blew us all away.


Jigeum naega haneun yaegi..

Neol apeuge halji molla..

Ama nal jukdorok miwohage doel kkeoya...




It was Minji's turn to sing, giving me goosebumps when her powerful deep voice resonated inside the entire SBS studio.


'Naega yejeon gatji antadeon ne mal..

Modu teullin mareun aniya..

Nado byeonhaebeorin naega nat seolgimanhae...'




I took a deep breath before singing my part, mindful still of my hand that strummed the guitar.


'Neomu chakhan neonde..

..neon geudaeroinde Oh...'



I looked down and closed my eyes as I strummed my guitar along with CL-roo's magnetic voice.


'I don't know I don't know..

Naega wae ireoneunji...'



'Geutorok saranghaenneunde..

..neon yeogi inneunde Oh..'



'I don't know..'


I looked at the camera as I strummed my guitar.


'Ije nal chatgo sipeo...'


'Baby I'm sorry neowa isseodo nan lonely..

Saranghagin naega bujokhanga bwa..

Ireon motnan nal yongseohae...


I'm sorry ige neowa naui story..

Sarangiran naegen gwabunhanga bwa..

Ne gyeote isseodo..


Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely..

Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely..

Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely..

Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely...




I was so into our performance that I didn't realize that the song has ended already.


I looked around and found myself alone onstage.


Arasso, Dara. You can do this!


I roamed my eyes around and settled my sight backstage to a figure looming in the shadows.


I smiled and began strumming my guitar once again, this time to a different melody.


'Why is that sad look in your eyes?

Why are you crying?

Tell me now, tell me now..

Tell me, why you're feelin' this way...'



It was the song I dedicated to him. It was the lullaby I sang to his sleep while his world was crashing in on him.


'I hate to see you so down, oh baby..

Is it your heart..

Oh, that's breakin' all in pieces?

Makin' you cry..

Makin' you feel blue..

Is there anything that I can do?'

















The smile pasted on my face just couldn't be erased.


I watched as Dara performed an acoustic onstage. Although she was hesitant during the "Lonely" performance, being alone onstage now, she looked like she had been doing this all her life.


She was oozing with confidence as she sang the song I have memorized with all my heart.


It was the song she sang to me that put me to sleep, after countless nights of crying and sulking in my room after the whole "Breathe" performance fiasco during my concert.


'Why don't you tell me where it hurts now, baby?

And I'll do my best to make it better..

Yes, I'll do my best to make those tears all go away..'


'Just tell me where it hurts now, tell me..

And I'll love you with a love so tender..

Oh and if you let me stay..

I'll love all of the hurt away...'



I felt someone standing beside me, placing his hand on my shoulder.


"I have to give it to you, Jiyong. You really know how to spot a talent."


Even without looking at him, I knew already who the owner of the voice was.


"Told you she was good!" I smirked confidently. I heard sajangnim chuckled.


"Bet you still have that audio of hers you made me listen to on your phone. Am I right?" He asked teasingly.


I blushed involuntarily.


"HYUNG!" I hissed at sajangnim but he already walked away. I saw him stopped and talked to Teddy-hyung and Kush.


"HAYSSST THAT OLD MAN!" I hissed to myself instead.


'Oh and if you let me stay..

I'll love all of the hurt away...'



My heart skipped a beat when Dara spun around and faced my direction.


I gasped when her lips suddenly curved into a smile, her eyes gazing at me lovingly for just a brief second before facing the crowd again.


And with just that, it was official.


I, Kwon Jiyong, just turned into a humongous, ripe tomato.
















I was about to run towards her and congratulate her backstage when I found her being surrounded by other idols.


"WOW, Dara-sshi! I didn't know you can play the guitar!"


That was Hyosung of Secret, excitedly praising my goddess.


"Unnie! You were really great!"


That one, meanwhile, was Jiyeon of T-ara.


"What's so great about strumming a few chords in the guitar?"


My eyes turned to slits as I watched Victoria of F/X sauntered towards the girls, looking at Dara from head to toe.


I looked at Dara and noticed that she was doing her best to calm herself.


"Oh, Victoria-sshi. I didn't really think it was great as well." She answered calmly which made the other girls gasp. Victoria had a smirk on as if saying "see, I'm right all along".


"But I think it was way better than you trying to act all cutesy when in fact, you're actually a meanie."


That's my girl! I beamed proudly.


Victoria's mouth hang open and Dara just looked at her tauntingly.


Victoria was about to retort but Sulli beat her to it.


"Unnie. I really don't get what's so exciting about what she did earlier."


I threw a death glare at Sulli, disbelieving that once in my life, I actually found her cute.


"I mean, it's not as if she's good at singing that why she had to compensate for the lack of talent." She snickered arrogantly.


Okay, Sulli is definitely not cute. Not cute at all.


"Oh and this is coming from someone who is oozing with so much talent as well, huh, Sulli-sshi?" Dara fired back aggressively.


My heart was soaring with so much pride for the fierceness my Dara was showing.


The two b*tch ah- i mean, girls, Victoria and Sulli were about to launch at Dara when I decided to step in, fearing what those crazy mean girls would do to her.


I stopped on my tracks, however, when someone snatched Dara away from then.


"KHUN!"


Victoria's eyes were wide as she saw the menacing look on Nichkhun's face.


"What the hell's your problem, Victoria?" Nichkhun tried his best to control her voice as to not make a scandal,


"I, ah.. I mean I~"


"If you don't have anything nice to say, better shut it, okay?" He was totally pissed off. He turned to look at Sulli who was cowering behind Victoria.


"Same goes to you." He told her before pulling Dara with him and walking away from us.


I saw Sulli trembling and if not for the attitude she had shown earlier, I would have comforted her. Instead of feeling sorry for her, I just got annoyed.


And when she started crying, my annoyance reached its boiling point.


" it up. You deserved it." I said as I walked away from them, leaving a distraught Sulli gaping at me in shock.


I'm not a disrespectful person. Don't get me wrong. It's just that I hate people who bully others out of insecurity.


I continued walking and spotted Dara and Khun Khun in one corner. I wanted to run to them when I saw Dara crying.


But what made me stop was the sight of Khun Khun hugging Dara suddenly.


I felt a sharp pain stab my heart. It stung so much that my knees began to give away.


Why am I always late?


Why is Nichkhun always one step ahead of me?



I sighed and decided to turn away when my phone rang.


"Hyung?"


"Are you still in SBS? Come here quick!"


It was sajangnim.


"Okay, hyung. What is this all about the way?"


"About a special performance in KBS Gayo Daejun." He paused for awhile then continued.


"And oh, bring Dara along with you okay?"