Go Away/ Don't Go Away

Go Away/ Don't Go Away

 

Chapter Four: Walkin' Out of Destiny



It took me a week upon arrival at Minato, Tokyo, to be able to confess to Minji and CL about the status of my relationship with Jiyong. Bom already knew about it when I stormed in our apartment, bawling like a helpless baby while she was raiding the fridge for some hidden corn, which our manager and trainer had no idea existed. CL-roo, being a close friend of Jiyong, couldn't believe that he would walk away from our relationship just like that.


"I know Jiyong oppa. He's not the type to give up just like that." CL fumed, hugging the pillow she accidentally sat on earlier.


Minji sat beside Dara and gently pat her unnie's back. "Unnie's right. Even if he's tired, he would still stay in the studio to finish a song or a rehearsal, right?" She added, trying to convince the older girl but Dara shook her head sadly.


"But that's different. I'm not a song he needs to finish so that they can release their album or a performance he must perfect so that he can wow everyone." She replied while fidgeting with her fingers.


"Exactly!" Bom yelled from out of nowhere, unable to contain herself anymore. "You're Sandara Park for crying out loud! He pursued you for how many years and now that he finally has you, do you think he would just let you go that easily because he's tired?!" I could almost see Bom's tonsils now. I looked at her seriously.


"Uhm, Bommie-yah." I said, hesitantly. She looked at me, anticipating what I was about to say.


"You have some corn kernels falling down your neck." I pointed to my neck to demonstrate the corn kernels falling down. Bom instantly touched her neck and felt them.


"Aigoo!" She said before heading straight to the mirror, leaving the three of us laughing hysterically.


You see, this is who I am. I let out a laughter when all I wanna do is bury my head on a pillow and cry like a newborn baby. I act brave and tough in front of my friends so that they wouldn't find any reason to pity me or be down as well. I give my sweetest smile when people ask me how I am feeling so that they won't have any reason to make an extra effort to cheer me up.


I am Sandara Park, the prankster and vitamin of 2NE1.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





It had been three months since we first entered the building of Avex Management, one of the leading record labels in Japan. I can still remember the giddiness we felt upon entering the building and seeing other artists lurking around.


"Woah! Isn't that Ai Otsuka?" Minji asked, excited as she saw Ai walking towards us.


"How did you know her?" Bom whispered. Minji still had her eyes fixed on the artist nearing us.


"She sang Planetarium. The song from Hana Yori Dango!" Minji exclaimed, excited. Hana Yori Dango? Sounds familiar. I said to myself.


"Oh wait, there's BoA-unnie!" Bom almost shouted, prompting CL to cover .


Before we could approach BoA-unnie to introduce ourselves, Jjangoo manager led us to a room. Once inside, we were greeted by an ahjussi that didn't look like sajangnim at all. He looked like an average Japanese guy who decided to lounge in an Avex room.


When he started to speak, however, all the people in the room turned their full attention towards him, hanging on to every word he was saying.


"Everyone, I would like to introduce to you the newest addition our family." He motioned for the us to come closer to him. We did so with hesitation.


"Why don't you introduce yourselves first." The average looking guy but spoke in an intimidating manner, suggested. He then gave the floor to CL.


"Konnichiwa! We're 2NE1 and we hope to learn from all of you. Please be good to us. Domo arigato gozaimasu!" CL said with every confidence she could produce. I smiled proudly as we took a bow, beaming at all the artists in front of us. 


Just as we finished bowing, we heard a very loud, somewhat familiar voice from the back.


"2NE1, hwaiting!" We all turned around to the voice at the back and was shocked to see six familiar looking Korean boys giving us their widest, toothy fruitiest smiles like a bunch of goofballs.


"UNBELIEVABLE!" Bom could only exclaim.