Go Away/ Don't Go Away

Go Away/ Don't Go Away

Chapter 6: I'll Meet Someone So Much Better


She was surprised. Ever since they have guested together in Strong Heart, she had always regarded Nichkhun as the idol with the best smiling eyes. But the brief moment that their eyes met, she found a hint of loneliness in his eyes.


Is he and Victoria having problems? Dara silently asked. Not that she meant to pry or whatever, she just got curious with the expression Nichkhun showed earlier. She was so used to seeing the boy all smiles and mischievous, just like his friend, Wooyoung.


As if on cue, Wooyoung met her gaze and smiled shyly at her. She smiled a little and raised an eyebrow in confusion. Weird. Just earlier, he was full of energy. Why shy all of a sudden?


Her thoughts were cut off by Mr. Matsuura's voice. He motioned for everyone to gather around. 2NE1 and 2PM, together with the rest, huddled closer to Mr. Matsuura.


"As you all know, foreign artists or groups usually have their own dorm here in Avex. So 2NE1, here is your key." Ms. Matsuura handed the key to CL-roo. 


"212." Our leader read the number indicated in the key. Taecyeon, who was lurking nearby, heard this and clapped his hands in delight.


"Wow! What are the chances of that? We are staying in room 211!" He exclaimed. 


Once again, the six korean muscular boys also known as "2PM", gave out their widest, toothy-fruitiest smiles. CL-roo couldn't help but touch her forehead.


"Aigoo... This will be a very long promotion for us." She whispered.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





One of the advantages of having rowdy muscular boys around is their readiness to flex those muscles and put them to work. The boys helped them settle into their new apartment without much effort or coercion.


We thanked them and offered them some drinks which they more than willingly accepted. We all sat by the couch after everything was settled. 2PM looked like they haven't lost any of the energy they had earlier. They shared their experiences in Japan as of now and we learned that they just came in two weeks before us.


CL decided to cook Duk Boki (spicy korean rice cakes) for all of us. 2PM was so happy since according to Junho, it's been awhile since they tasted anything that reminded them of home.


We continued chatting while eating the rice cakes. The conversation went from the most trivial to serious issues. As time goes by, our once big group dispersed into smaller ones. Chansung informed Minji that she looked like his favorite cousin to which the maknae blushed. They began comparing her characteristics to Minji. CL-roo, Taecyeon and Junho were singing to Jiyong's and Tabi's Knockout, swaying to the beat then laughing out loud like drunken men. Junsu and Bommie-yah, who were like cat and mouse earlier, were able to finally agree on one thing: CORN. Wooyoung joined them and insisted that grilled corn is much more delicious than stewed corn. I smiled as I observed the scene.


I decided to go to the balcony to get some fresh air when I felt someone standing beside me.


"Hope you don't mind if I join you here." I lifted my head and found myself face to face with the charming Thai Prince of 2PM.


"Got bored?" He asked, still smiling. I shook my head with a gentle smile.


"Ani." I replied. "It just that the view here is breath-taking!" I smiled and closed my eyes, letting the cool breeze embrace my skin. Nichkhun did the same. After awhile, I heard him giggled softly.


"Now I know why they called you Fresh Vocal, Sandara Park!" He said, teasing her a bit. Fresh Vocal... Where have I heard that before?

"GD always called you that during your performances, right? Now I know why." He added with a knowing smile. 


The smile on my face disappeared upon hearing Jiyong's name. Nichkhun was quick to notice it, though.


"Is anything wrong?" He asked, a hint of concern in his voice.


I paused for awhile and looked at his innocent face. "Aniyo." I said. 


"Everything will be alright from now on." I whispered with a genuine smile.