Go Away/ Don't Go Away

Go Away/ Don't Go Away

 

 

The Dragon’s Secret Weapon




“Sandara Park!”


The room fell silent before erupting into the loudest thunderous applause and cheers I have ever heard in my entire life.


That must have been the longest ten seconds of my life. For frickin’ ten seconds, my world literally stopped as I listened to the people inside the studio all getting hyped.


OMONA! DID I JUST SAY IT?? DID I?? DID I??!!!


“Neh, Khunnie Boy. You just told the world you love Sandara-noona.” Jun.K-hyung whispered to me as he let out an amused chuckle. I looked at him with widened eyes and saw him stifling his laughter, probably having the time of his life seeing me fumble.


With my eyes still wide open, like a stick was placed in between upper and lower lid, I turned to the audiences who were still howling and cheering for my surprise confession. Suddenly, the look of horror on my face had an unexpected transformation.


I smiled. It was a tiny, uncertain smile at first that gradually got bigger, bigger and bigger that it seemed like it can grow a mile.


I felt myself turning into a foolish school boy who finally confessed to my long time crush about my little feelings and I just couldn’t help but let out a giggle.


I JUST CONFESSED TO EVERYONE THAT I LOVE DARA! OMONA!!! I JUST DID!!!!


And with my elementary action, the audiences screamed even more.


“WOAH WOAH WOAH!!! What just happened, Nichkhun-sshi?” Ho Dong-hyung asked in between laughter. “Sandara-sshi was not even part of the choices! HAHAHA!” I blushed involuntarily as the whole studio laughed as well.


I really didn’t know what to answer then. How could I answer such question? Why in the hell did I blurt out Dara’s name when she wasn’t even part of the choices?


Simple, her name was the only one I could blurt out when I was asked who the person I love was.


It’s because Sandara Park is the only person I love and no one else.


“Nichkhun-sshi, let’s repeat this again.” Seunggi-sshi told me while stifling his laughter. “This time, answer us honestly, arasso?” He winked at me as the audiences’ cheers grew louder.


“Miss A’s Suzi –sshi or Wonder Girls’ Sohee-sshi? The person I love is…”


I smiled, held my head up high and calmly said,


“Sandara Park.”


















It took the whole studio a good one minute before they were able to recover from that little pest’s antics awhile ago.


Everyone in the studio was rejoicing with the little “revelation” of that pest earlier, as if was the biggest news that ever came out of South Korea’s music industry. Everyone was having a blast talking and gossiping about that pest’s confession, well everyone, except me.


I never really thought that I was a dragon. You see, I see myself more of a pig, one that looks harmful on the outside but is actually a softie on the inside, if given close attention. 


But the moment that pest opened his big mouth and blurted out my precious butterfly’s name as the person he loves on national TV, I just felt a large amount of fire building up inside me, just waiting to be exhaled.


I suddenly wished I was a real dragon so I could blow fire to extinguish that little pest from this planet. Seriously, he’s happy that he blurted out on live TV that he loves Sandara Park when we all know that by doing that, he’s just putting Dara out there as bait to fan girl haters that I don’t to how long will get?


WHAT A MOTH%*S


Okay. I admit that I was SLIGHTLY *note the emphasis on the word SLIGHTLY* envious of that pest for having the balls to yell on national TV that he loves D-ah. But seriously, I would have done that as well, if not for D’s persistence to keep everything on the hush and just go along with my charade with Yoona.


But since when did you listen to other people, Kwon Jiyong? Since when did you act according to what other people wanted you to do all along?


True, I admit it. I was stubborn as hell. Even when YG-hyung had begged me on numerous occasions to lessen the hints I kept on dropping about my feelings for D, I still managed to disobey him and get my way around things. I still continued exposing bits and pieces of information which I knew made hyung’s head ache, judging by the expression on his face which I knew very well.


Even when I was forced to stage that charade I have with Yoona, I still managed to drop hints that there’s a certain someone else that I was holding dearly in my life, like what I did earlier. It just that people thought I was head over heels with Yoona instead of listening intently to what I said and digging deeper.


I should have been the one who yelled those words and not that pest! I should have been the one smiling foolishly as if I had just been named the best of the best! I should have been the one who claimed to the whole world that I was the man who loves Sandara Park!


And not that pest who doesn’t even know half of her past. 


Was he the one who held her tightly while she was crying in the dark? 


Was he the one who cried like a moron while sending her off in the airport to go back to the Philippines and continue living far away from reach? 


Was he the one who saw her break down and crumble when her trainer and YG-hyung told her that she wasn’t good enough to be an idol singer?


I have seen her through all those trials and I have seen her blossoming right before my very eyes. I saw how she painted the world with so much color, vibrancy and life. I witnessed how she gradually fluttered her wings and flew gracefully above everybody else and yet, her feet remained humbly rooted to the ground.


I have met her first and I immediately claimed her as mine the moment that she was found.


But now, in everyone’s eyes, I was just some sunbaenim who produces songs for her group.


SH*T! SH*T! SH*T!


How did we end up like this? I let out a frustrated sigh.


Life , Jiyong. You just have to accept this.


I sighed once again as I focused my attention towards the hosts who were still in a jovial mood. Don’t get me wrong. I respect Kang Ho Dong-hyung and all, but his antics at the moment was just making me want to hit his head with a piece of gong.


“This is so interesting! Should we call Sandara-shhi and get her reaction about this?” Ho Dong-hyung excitedly suggested. The audiences all yelled ‘neh’ which made me chuckle.


“Ani. She’s busy right now. She’s currently taping a show.” I casually answered, unaware that the studio fell silent.


“Oh, G-Dragon-sshi! You know her schedule?” Nicole-sshi of KARA giggled. I felt myself smiling as the audiences started screaming as well.


“Oh, being the producer of 2NE1, of course, Jiyong would know about their schedule. Right, Jiyong-ah?” TOP-hyung was giving me his deadly warning look which on most occasions, would make me tremble in fear but not today. Today, I was feeling a new surge of courage and it was quite liberating in a way.


“Neh.” I answered with a cool smile. I noticed how TOP-hyung breathed a sigh of relief and looked like he muttered a silent prayer to the sky. “And she told me earlier about it when I visited her this morning. We even played in the snow.” My smile grew bigger as I bravely added the last sentence.


I almost laughed out loud when I noticed TOP-hyung’s face fell like he was just informed that he was given a death sentence.


And just like that, the whole studio erupted in deafening screams and cheers. My smile grew wider as I realized that the audiences were quite happy with what I just revealed.


I shot Nichkhun a triumphant look and was satisfied to see his poor little eyes turned into dangerous slits.


What now, Khunnie Boy? BOO HOO HOO!


“MWO? WOAH WOAH WOAH! Things are really getting interesting!” Ho Dong-hyung’s eyes were literally popping out while Seunggi-sshi was fanning himself with the cue cards he was holding.


“You said that you visited Sandara-sshi this morning and you even played in snow?” I was convinced that Ho Dong-hyung’s eyes were about to pop out any second now.


“Neh.” I answered with a confident smile. The audiences screamed again which made I repaid with a bigger smile.


“But aren’t the two of you awkward with each other? In 2NE1TV and YGTV, you have the least interaction with her among the 2NE1 members and you have said in your interviews that you are not really close with her~~”


“Who said I’m not close with her? I never said I’m not close with her.” I let out an amused chuckle as I heard TOP-hyung breathing heavily beside me.


The studio fell silent, as if confused with what I just said.


“But, didn’t Dara-sshi say in her interviews that he was awkward with BIGBANG and not talking to you that much?” It was Seunggi-sshi’s turn to be baffled.


“You know how Dara-yah is. She can be very playful and loves to tease a lot.” I chuckled as I could already envision Soo Man-shhi fuming mad at what I was saying. 


“Plus, how can I be awkward and not close with someone I have known since my training days? Didn’t she also say that we used to go to karaoke with Dong Wook-hyung for our noraebang sessions? And I don’t think someone who’s not close with each other would buy the same outfits and share accessories with each other, right?” The audiences were all gasping and murmuring. I noticed how some were nodding their heads while others had eyes that were widening.


“Neh. Neh! I remember now! She said during her guesting here in 2009 that you, Se7en-sshi and her used to hang out a lot and do noraebang sessions. And an article also came out about how you lend her accessories. It now makes sense!” Seunggi-sshi exclaimed as if he just had a “Eureka!” moment.


Ho Dong-hyung was just silently eyeing me, an amused look was visible in his eyes. “So, G-Dragon-shhi, let me get this right. Are you telling us now that you are actually close to Sandara-sshi?” Ho Dong-hyung had that mischievous twinkle in his eyes, ad if figuring something out.


“Neh. D-ah and I are VERY close with each other.” I let out a satisfied smile as I leaned on my seat comfortably.




















Back in YGE building, the President of the company gingerly massaged his temples. He was closely monitoring Kang Shim Jang as it was a live broadcast since it was an anniversary special. He was hoping against all hopes that his two boys wouldn’t slip up but he guessed he wasn’t praying hard enough as right before his very eyes, his son just admitted on national TV that their cover up of his relation to Dara was a hoax.


He knew that he already gave his blessing on Jiyong’s desire to confess the whole truth about his feelings for Dara but this was not the way he intended it to be. He had wanted to hold a press conference so that there would be a sense of formality. But no, how could you have a sense of formality when you’re talking about a lovesick puppy obsessed to telling the whole world that he is in love, madly, stupidly, crazily? No, Kwon Jiyong just didn’t know the word “formality”.


He reached for the phone as he was about to call the PD of the said show to see how they can do damage control. He sighed as he knew that it was pointless since almost all who tuned in to the show had already witnessed the greatest slip in Korean TV history of the infamous G-Dragon.


His son wasn’t the only problem that he was facing at the moment. On the same show, 2PM’s Nichkhun Horvejkul also admitted on live TV that he loves Sandara Park on not one but two defining moments.


How could two of the calmest and most admired idols in Korean Music Industry make a fool of themselves in front of national TV???


“ARRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!” Yang Goon ruffled his hair out of frustration. “WHAT DID I EVER DO TO DESERVE THIS PERSECUTION???” He roamed his eyes around his office, as if looking for an answer to his rhetorical question.


His gaze fell on one of the pictures that hung on his office. It was the debut picture of 2NE1 and looking fiercely at him was the stunning Sandara Park.


“Sandara Park, you really make the impossible, possible!” 


He chuckled before sighing heavily, succumbing to his defeat.



















“Annyong Haseyo! Welcome to 100 Points Out of 100!” Park Kyung Rim, Kim Shin Young, Tony Ahn and Park Myung Soo together with the cast waved to the camera that spanned around the classroom-type studio they were taping in. 


The casts were in full force, from young idols like Yoseob of Beast, Jin Woon of 2AM, G.O of MBLAQ, Minho of SHINee, Simon D of Supreme Team, Min of Miss A, Hyosung of Secret and Soyeon of T-ara to veteran idols such as Danny Ahn of G.O.D., Andy Lee of Shinhwa and Eun Ji Won of Sechs Kies.


“WOW! We have a star-studded cast here, don’t we?” Kyung Rim exclaimed which the idols all clapped and bowed their heads, some even hooted like Yoseop and Junho.


“I see the ‘Dance Copy Machine’ Yoseob is extra energetic today, isn’t he? He was like this!” Myung Soo did a chicken dance imitation of Yoseob earlier in the opening.


“HAYYSSSST! Why must you embarrass me like that? Embarrassing! HAYSSST!” Yoseob pouted like a child.


“Let’s see here. I can see that ‘Lee Joon-sshi lovely’ is not here.” Kyung Rim announced and with that, the cast broke into a song that they always sang whenever Lee Joon was being called out.


“Lee-Joon-sshi lovely! Lee Joon-sshi wonderful!”


The whole cast was extra hyper today, probably because they were informed earlier that they have three famous idol guests today but their identities at the moment were still a secret.


“Let’s see who has come out to join us for today!” Kyung Rim exclaimed as a siren sounded off, signaling the arrival of the first guest.


The whole cast watched in anticipation as the first guest went down the Fireman Descend Pole.


Loud gasps and cheers went off as Sanghyun Park, also known as MBLAQ’s Thunder, waved to the idols and the four hosts.


“OMO! It’s Thunder!” Hyosung squealed in delight while Min blushed involuntarily.


“He’s so cute!!” Soyeon sighed and showed her aegyo.


“SANDARA PARK’S DONGSAENG!” Simon D screamed with his baritone voice that could rivaled TOP’s voice anytime.


The whole cast broke into laughter once again as Sanghyun awkwardly joined in.


“Sanghyun-sshi, why don’t you perform a little something for us?” Shin Young suggested which got the cast, especially the girls, giggling and squealing in anticipation.


Sanghyun moved to the center of the studio and the camera focused on him. Suddenly, a loud music blared on the background. It was MBLAQ’s “Again”.



“Try-y-y-y-(Try) myeotbeoneul budichyeodo
Try-y-y-y-(Try) majimagi doendedo
gachin nae maeumdo sumgyeoon sarangdo
deoneun chameulsu eobseo
Try , Try neoreul itgo ijeodo
Try , Try gaseum jjitgo jjijeodo
Bye , Bye
But, Give me , Give me one mo’ try.
Try-y-y-y- Try-y-y-y-“




Sanghyun moved to the music with fierceness in his eyes. The cast cheered him on as he finished his short performance.


“WOOOW!! It was like watching Music Bank, eh?” The cast all yelled ‘neh!’ to which Sanghyun bowed in gratitude, his cheeks flushing. “What do you say, Yoseob? Our very own ‘Dance Copy Machine’!” Kyung Rim called out to Yoseob who was smiling from ear to ear.


“Because it’s Cheon Doong-yah, I will do my best to copy your dance!” Yoseob tapped the shoulder of his buddy, Sanghyun.


A caption “MBLAQ-BEAST Brotherly Love” was flashed on the screen as the two idols danced to the same music.



“Try-y-y-y-(Try) myeotbeoneul budichyeodo
Try-y-y-y-(Try) majimagi doendedo
gachin nae maeumdo sumgyeoon sarangdo
deoneun chameulsu eobseo
Try , Try neoreul itgo ijeodo
Try , Try gaseum jjitgo jjijeodo
Bye , Bye
But, Give me , Give me one mo’ try.
Try-y-y-y- Try-y-y-y-“




The whole cast broke into thunderous applause as the duo finished dancing. Yoseob, as expected, nailed the dance routine in one go. The two exchanged high-fives as they finished their routine. Yoseob made his way towards his seat and Sanghyun followed but was stopped abruptly by Myung Soo.


“I think it would be nice if we see you dance with G.O-sshi as well.” Myung Soo said seriously which earned hoots and cheers from the cast. Sanghyun, though exhausted already from back to back dances, agreed and went back to the center.


“Wait, wait! It’s starting again, isn’t it?” Hyosung had a mischievous smile on her face as she asked Simon D who just nodded at her. There was a tradition in the show that the guest will have to perform one of his or her hit songs alone at first then would dance it repeatedly together with the other casts which will make the guest sweat in exhaustion. It was their own little initiation.


Once again, the music blared and Sanghyun together with G.O, danced to the same routine.



“Try-y-y-y-(Try) myeotbeoneul budichyeodo
Try-y-y-y-(Try) majimagi doendedo
gachin nae maeumdo sumgyeoon sarangdo
deoneun chameulsu eobseo
Try , Try neoreul itgo ijeodo
Try , Try gaseum jjitgo jjijeodo
Bye , Bye
But, Give me , Give me one mo’ try.
Try-y-y-y- Try-y-y-y-“




Everyone cheered once again and all Sanghyun could do was bow and pant at the same time. G.O, who was having a good time seeing his fellow member getting punk’d, patted Sanghyun’s back and said to camera, “That’s your punishment for not allowing me or the other members to date your noona!” which got the whole cast laughing and hooting.


With Sanghyun still at the center, Myung Soo called out for the whole cast to stand up and join in the dance.



“Try-y-y-y-(Try) myeotbeoneul budichyeodo
Try-y-y-y-(Try) majimagi doendedo
gachin nae maeumdo sumgyeoon sarangdo
deoneun chameulsu eobseo
Try , Try neoreul itgo ijeodo
Try , Try gaseum jjitgo jjijeodo
Bye , Bye
But, Give me , Give me one mo’ try.
Try-y-y-y- Try-y-y-y-“




A caption that said, “WOW! A ‘Dream High’-like type of group dance to celebrate the festive atmosphere of the classroom!” flashed on the screen while the whole cast danced to MBLAQ’s “Again”.


After the group dance, Sanghyun was able to finally seat next to G.O who was having the time of his life teasing the younger member. 


“Will you tell us, Sanghyun-sshi why you wouldn’t allow your members to date the members of MBLAQ?” Kyung Rim asked, curiously. Sanghyun, who was still catching his breath, nodded his head sternly.


“I don’t think anyone is deserving of my noona’s love.” He confessed wholeheartedly.


“WOAH!!!” The whole cast exclaimed at such big words from Sanghyun Park.


“Your noona will have a hard time finding a mate if you’re like that!” Andy of Shinhwa pouted cutely which earned laughter from the whole cast. It was an open secret that Andy is a Dara fanboy. Sanghyun only laughed at the comment of his sunbaenim.


“When I asked Cheon Doong-yah during a show if there were only MBLAQ and Dara-noona left in the world, who would he choose among the MBLAQ boys to be his noona’s mate to procreate and save the world from extinction, you know what he answered?” G.O paused dramatically.


“Mwo?” Soyeon asked, interested.


“He said, ‘Let the world go extinct then.’” The whole cast broke into fits of laughter as well which Sanghyun happily joined in. He was serious about that, though. He really wouldn’t let anybody from his group date his noona, not even Joonie-yah who had been very vocal of his admiration for his Dara-noona.


“Why don’t we meet our next guest then?” Tony Ahn broke Sanghyun’s thoughts as the whole cast turned their attention towards the Fireman Descend Pole.


In one swift movement, Lee Seung Hyun, otherwise known as Seungri, expertly descended the pole. His song “What Can I Do” blasted on the background as he did some suave dance moves that got the whole cast hooting, cheering and clapping like crazy. He was truly a gem in South Korea’s TV variety.


“VICTORY-YAH!!!!” Kyung Rim exclaimed which got Seungri distracted, causing him to laugh along with the others.


“YA! That was so last last year, Kyung Rim-sshi! It’s V-I!” Seungri cockily exclaimed which earned him more cheers and applause from the casts who were all amused by the maknae’s antics.


Unbeknown to the people in the studio, Seungri wasn’t there just to have fun. He was actually summoned by a greater power, one that he dared not contradict for his career and the life that he knew were being held hostage by the Great One.


Lee Seung Hyun, otherwise known as Seungri, the adorable maknae of BIGBANG, was at the mercy of the Great Dragon, the Almighty Kwon Leadah, Kwon Jiyong.




















I groaned as I recalled the meeting I had days ago with YG-hyung and Jiyong-hyung...



“So, I was actually thinking of having Seungri here join you in your guesting for Strong Heart, two days from now.” YG-hyung informed us which made me giggled happily. I was really anticipating going on Strong Heart again, plus I was guesting with Jiyong –hyung which means another golden opportunity for me. I laughed evilly at the plan I was already formulating.


“Seungri-ah! Don’t do anything stupid there. We’re a team here, remember?” Jiyong-hyung warned me with a stern expression. I smiled innocently and nodded like an obedient pet.


“Neh, hyung! You can count on me!” I smiled even more when I noticed the suspicious look Jiyong-hyung was giving me. ‘Just you wait, hyung. Just you wait. Kkkkkk’


“Okay, that’s it then. Everyone will be quite busy this week with Minji and CL doing dance battle, Bom promoting her latest single, Daesung with his broadway show, Dara busy with her taping on 100 Points Out of 100 which coincidentally is on the same day as your live taping of Strong Heart~~”


“Uhm, excuse me, hyung.” I heard Jiyong-hyung clear his throat and saw him transform into his Almighty Kwon Leadah stance. When his wearing that face of his, it only meant one thing: our leader is cooking something up in that brilliant albeit careless mind of his.


“Hyung, isn’t TOP-hyung’s schedule free this week?” He asked YG-hyung who eyed him curiously.


“As a matter of fact, it is. Why did you ask?” YG-hyung raised his eyebrow at Jiyong-hyung. ‘Uh-oh. I don’t like where this is going…’


“Nothing really, hyung.” Jiyong-hyung shrugged his shoulder casually. I let out a sigh of relief, thinking that he would drop the topic. But to my dismay, he continued on. “I just heard that the PD for Strong Heart had been wanting to get TOP-hyung to guest on the show for awhile now.”


My face fell as I realized that there’s a great chance of me being replaced by TOP-hyung.


I turned my gaze at our President, pleading to him with my eyes, to not agree with Jiyong-hyung.


“What about Seungri? The maknae has wanted to go on variety shows for awhile now.” YG-hyung argued to which I repaid with loving eyes.


“Why not make him join Dara-yah in 100 Points Out of 100 then? It’s a variety show too, neh? Plus, it would be the maknae’s first time in that show. Wouldn’t that be exciting, Seungri-ah?!” He smiled at me but I could see through his eyes that he was also trying to intimidate me to agree with him.


Then, it dawned on me what our great leader was planning all along.


‘He wanted me to be his look-out again! HAYSSSSSST!’


I did my best to give YG-hyung my cutest, most adorable, pinch-me-all-you-want puppy dog eyes expression but it seemed that he had already set his mind on his decision.


”It would be a good idea to put Seung Hyun in a variety show. I’m actually looking forward to it!” He said with a wide smile which signaled the end of humanity for me.


Hayyysst, YG-hyung! Why have you forsaken me??


I slowly made my way out of YG-hyung’s office with my head bowed down, my shoulders slumped in defeat. Only five seconds have passed since the door to YG-hyung’s office had closed that Jiyong-hyung pinned me towards the wall.


“Okay, Seung-rat. Let’s make this clear.” Jiyong-hyung spoke with so much authority I thought I was talking to a police officer.

“There are just three things you need to do, Seung-rat. THREE THINGS.” He reiterated with such low and menacing voice that the hairs on my back suddenly stood in attention.


*GULP*


“One, you must not, and I repeat, MUST NOT let any of Dara’s identified fanboys and even those whom we have suspicions of liking Dara ever come within two feet of her.”


*BEADS OF SWEAT FORMING ON FOREHEAD*


“Second, no living, breathing guy, not even Myung Soo-sunbaenim, SHOULD lay a hand on her and when I say lay a hand, no slight brushing of skin, no tapping of shoulders, no handshakes. In other words, ABSOLUTELY NO SKINSHIP!”


*GULP, GULP*


“Third, NO GUY, and I mean, no guy SHOULD confess to Dara that he likes/adores/admires/loves D-ah.” He paused for awhile as if contemplating on his next words. “If by any chance, you fail to perform even just one of the three things I mentioned earlier, that new single I’m writing for you…” I looked at him expectantly, excitement filled my eyes as I remembered he promised me that he would write a new single for me. “…well, you can kiss that goodbye should you fail in this mission. Oh, wait- scratch that. I’ll just give it to Dae instead.” My panda eyes turned into dangerous slits at his last sentence.


“Should you fail to do even just one of your tasks, you can also expect to see less of yourself in our music video. After all, TOP-hyung is the most charismatic in our group, neh? Why don’t I just give some of your exposure to him then?” He smiled slyly.


“But hyung, I’m the cutest among all of us…” I said meekly, tears threatening to fall.


“Did you say something, Seungrat?” He faced with his sharp piercing stares once again.


“ANIYO!” I exclaimed attentively.


“Arasso. Can I expect your full cooperation on this mission of yours?” He asked as he positioned his hands on his back and paced back and forth like a true general.


‘This is it!’


*GULP, GULP, GULP*


‘Once I say yes, there’s no turning back!’


*BEADS OF SWEAT MULTIPLYING*


‘Oh, sweet Jeezus! Please give me strength to surpass this test ahead of me…


*MUMBLING SILENT PRAYER*


“SEUNGRAT!!! ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!”


“NEH, JIYONG-HYUNG!” I saluted like a soldier going to battle. Yep, no turning back now Lee Seung Hyun!


I saw Jiyong-hyung let out a contented smile. “Very well, Seungri-ah. I knew I could count on you always. We’re a team after all.” He tapped my shoulder as if I did a good thing worth commending and left like a normal person would, leaving me shaking out of my wits.






And that’s how I ended in this unfortunate predicament. I scanned the studio and took out the piece of paper Jiyong-hyung gave me in our apartment, right before he left for his taping of Kang Shim Jang.


‘The Coveted Fanboy List’


It was a list of Dara-noona’s so called fanboys, a list he took from the “Oh Dara” fansite, a site I didn’t even know existed if not for Jiyong-hyung. Haysssst! Jiyong-hyung is like a stalker really!


I looked again around the studio and noticed some personalities listed in the piece of paper.


I looked at the chinky-eyed idol member of 2AM. Jin Woon-sshi of 2AM, check!


My gaze fell on one of my sunbaenims, the famous member of G.O.D. Danny Ahn-sunbaenim, check!


I roamed my eyes again and they fell on the rapper of Sechs Kies. Eun Ji Won-sunbaenim, check!


Beside him was the charismatic member of Shinhwa. Andy Lee-sunbaenim, check!


So far, I have spotted four names from the list. I was quite thankful that Lee Joon-sshi was not present. That’s one less fanboy to worry about! I sighed in relief.


“Now, it’s time to reveal our last guest!” Shin Young exclaimed as the whole cast buzzed in anticipation.


“I really hope it’s Sandara-sshi.” My head shot up and searched for the owner of that baritone voice. I cringed my nose as I watched Simon D of Supreme Team smiled with expectant eyes.


Hayssst! I must watch that guy carefully. I mentally included him in the fanboy list I was holding.


“That would be cool if Dara-noona guested here!” I narrowed my eyes at G.O-hyung who looked excited like a kid being given a lollipop.


Oh please, Jeesuz! Don’t add anymore, please?? I mentally included G.O-hyung in the list of people I will be watching closely.


“Well, then, let’s see who our last guest is!”


As I have expected, Dara-noona came down on the Fireman Descend Pole, almost losing her balance which she brushed off with a cute laughter.


Despite my exhausting and impossible task at hand, I couldn’t help but marvel and be proud of my favorite noona’s incomparable beauty.


She was just wearing a simple white t-shirt, a comfortable jeans and a black hoodie and yet, her goddess-like beauty emanated like a sun shining on a cold winter day.


See. She’s so incredibly beautiful that I was even able to compose a poetic phrase.


Arasso, Dara-noona. I will do my very best to protect you from these fanboys of yours!


“Noona, Noona!” I waved frantically at her as she danced to her music “Kiss”.


“WAAAAAAAAAA! THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE!!” I cocked my head annoyingly at Jin Woon-sshi whose eyes were about to pop out from being opened so wide.


“I knew it! I knew I should have prepared for this!” Simon-hyung fixed his hair as if it would make any difference.


“Noona! Sit here! Sit here!” Hayssst! I knew it! That G.O-hyung’s really fishy!


“I think noona should sit between Seungri-ah and I.” Cheon Doong-ah insisted which made me smile at him gratefull. Cheon Doong-ah, you’re a true friend indeed! 


Hmmm… this wouldn’t be hard after all. I have the overprotective Cheon Doong-ah here to help me win this battle. KKkkkk


And so the show continued...


We were divided into two groups: myself, Dara-noona, G.O-hyung, Jin Woon-sshi, Ji Won-sunbaenim, Min-sshi, Yoseob-ah, Kyung Rim-noona and Shin Young-noona were in one team while Cheon Doong-ah, Andy-sunbaenim, Danny-sunbaenim, Soyeon-sshi, Hyosung-sshi, Simon-hyung, Minho-sshi, Tony-hyung and Myung Soo-sunbaenim were part of the opposing team.


We were halfway the first game when Dara-noona decided to try and guess the song that was asked of us. The rules of the game were simple: a partly English song sung by a Korean singer will be translated to Korean language. We must then guess what the song was, who sang it and sing the song in Korean.


We all stood in attention as the signal sounded off.


“5, 4, 3, 2, 1!”


We all did the jerking of hips as it was mandatory in order to answer.


Once the anchor finished giving the song that we would guess, Dara-noona, Simon-hyung and Hyosung-sshi all ran towards the microphone. My eyes widened as I saw Simon-hyung about to collide with Dara-sshi.


Warning signals went off in my head and within a fraction of a second, my body already blocked Simon-hyung from getting any closer to Dara-noona.


I felt a slight pain in my ribs as Simon-hyung accidentally jabbed my ribs. “Ouch, hyung!” I cried in pain as I rubbed my injured ribs. He bowed to me in apology.


“Mian, Seungri-sshi! My eyes were focused on the microphone.” He apologized with that baritone voice of his. I followed his line of sight and noted that his focus was not on the microphone but was on Dara-noona instead, who was comfortably sitting, facing the microphone.


“Amudo, Gung-geum Sonyeo!” Dara-noona excitedly exclaimed the Korean translation of “Nobody” and “Wonder Girls”. 


Our team stood behind her and held our breaths as we awaited the verdict. The bell sounded off positively, confirming that what Dara-noona answered was correct. We all yelled in happiness.


Now came the hard part. Dara-noona must sing all the lines in Korean, even the English lines.


The music started and Dara-noona sang energetically. “Amudo amudo hajiman… amudo amudo hajiman… “


Dara-noona suddenly looked at us, as if asking for help. Sadly, we all looked clueless as well.


As punishment for not finishing the song, a strong gush of air from the microphone blew directly on Dara-noona’s face, surprising her and earning a squeal from her. 


“WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!” She covered her face and laughed at what she experienced.


“Does it hurt, noona?” My head shot up as I heard Minho-sshi trying to comfort Dara-noona. I dashed towards them just in time before Minho-sshi could have touched noona’s face.


“Aigoo, noona! Come, let’s see your face!” I hurriedly pulled noona away from Minho-sshi, taking note that the poor guy looked devastated, like I stole his birthday gift.


“Ani, Seungri-ah! I’m okay.” She smiled at me as he tousled my hair. I let out a sigh of relief as I almost got caught there. Whew! Close call…


Unfortunately, it became evident that our team was no match to the two aces of the opposing team: Simon-hyung and Hyosung-sshi. We had to choose two teammates to send to the punishment room.


“Sorry, friends but I choose you!” We all chanted before pointing towards the two people we wanted to send to the punishment room.


Much to my dismay, our team chose Jin Woon-sshi and Dara-noona to be sent off to the punishment room. I groaned as I saw the satisfied smile that appeared on Jin Woon-sshi’s face, knowing that they will be left alone on the punishment room, my mind registered an impending doom.


It’s now or never! 


If I don’t act now, I might lose my chance to come out with another single again and much worse, TOP-hyung might get all my exposures on our music videos!



With trembling hands, I called the attention of the hosts.


“Uhm, may I just please take Dara-noona’s place in the punishment room?” I saw how Jin Woon’s face fell.


“WOW, Seungri-ah! Such bravery on your part!” Kyung Rim-noona commented as the whole cast hooted and cheered for me and my stupid bravery. Myung Soo-sunbaenim, however, eyed me suspiciously.


“Why do you keep protecting Dara-sshi? You're like a human barricade that stands in attention every time she moves.” He asked in such a serious tone that everyone laughed.


I saw the opportunity to take revenge on my hyung who have coerced me to do this exhausting and impossible task.


“A mythical creature had summoned me to guard his beloved.” I answered rather dramatically earning “oohs” and “ahhs” from the whole cast.


“A mythical creature? What kind of mythical creature?” Kyung Rim-noona asked, though I could see in her eyes that she was rather amused with my riddle.


“Oh, you know, a mythical creature that breathes out fire.” I answered nonchalantly. I stole a glance at Dara-noona but she seemed to be oblivious to what I was trying to hint at.


“Oh, a dragon!” Min-sshi exclaimed which made everyone hoot. Dara-noona stiffened upon hearing the word “dragon”.


“Do you care to elaborate on who or what dragon you are talking about, Seungri-ah?” Myung Soo-sunbaenim probed to which I just gave a cool smile.


“Oh, I won’t be dropping names.” I said, smugly. I heard Dara-noona let out a sigh of relief.


If it were other people, for sure they would already drop the subject, having done enough damage on the rival. After all, how many dragons are there in the music industry?


But since I am Seungri, the adorable and cutest maknae of BIGBANG, I wasn’t satisfied with mere teasing.


“Gureumeul gareugo dagaon G-Dragon!” I sang Jiyong’s part in “Knock Out” which made the whole studio buzz.


“WOAH! G-Dragon has come by separating the clouds?” Kyung Rim-noona was getting excited.


“Neh! The dragon that has summoned me loves to split the clouds.” I said in a matter-of-fact tone.


The whole cast laughed and I noted that Dara-noona forced a laughter as well.


“Seungri-ah, can you please tell us who is this beloved the dragon has asked you to guard today?” Shin Young-noona asked me with a playful wink.


I saw Dara-noona froze, her eyes widening as she anticipated what I was about to do.


Mian, noona. I have to do this. Mianhe!


“I told you I won’t be dropping names.” I told them seriously but then, I broke into a familiar song.


“I just wanna kiss… I never wanna miss…”


The whole cast erupted into thunderous applause and laughter as Dara-noona’s cheeks turned into the brightest red.


“This dragon must be very scary seeing as how you’re doing everything in your power to be protective, neh?” Kyung Rim-noona asked with amusement in her eyes.


“Neh, he can be very scary, I tell you! But beneath his cool and scary exterior, that dragon has a big heart and he treasures the people he keeps in that big heart of his.” I looked at Dara-noona and gave her a meaningful stare. She looked at me and nodded with a smile, conveying to me that she understood what I wanted to say.


“AWWWWWW!!!” The whole cast broke into cheesy cheers and gushes.


“We’re just having fun! It’s nice to have fun!” Shin Young-noona yelled her favorite lines. We all laughed for a good ten seconds.


“Hayyssst! We’re having so much fun! Let’s take these boys into the punishment room.” Kyung Rim-noona exclaimed while stifling laughter.


Jin Woon-sshi, who looked like he just lost the lottery, grumpily walked towards the punishment room while I followed, like a prisoner held against my will.


When we reached the punishment room, I realized what our punishment will be.


We’ll be doing jumping jacks on spikes!


HIIIIYUUUUUUNG! BETTER MAKE SURE YOU COMPOSE A DAMN GOOD SONG! HAYYYSSSSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!






















Finally, after grueling hours of taping, the mental torture was over.


Just when I thought the BIGBANG’s maknae was at his best behavior, he ended up busting Jiyong and I once again.


I heaved a sigh as I saw him walking near me, with a meek smile on his face.


“Noona noona!” He greeted me meekly. I frowned at him for his earlier mischief.


“Seungri-ah! Why did you do that??” I asked him, frustrated.


“Mian, noona. I didn’t mean to.” He gave me his adorable puppy dog eyes that made me want to pinch him badly before bowing his head down like a little kid awaiting his punishment.


I sighed. I can never stay angry at him.


“Arasso. I knew you did that for your hyung.” He raised his head and smiled at me widely.


“Really? You forgive me, noona?” His eyes were twinkling with happiness which made me smile despite my anger.


“Neh. You also saved me earlier from the punishment room so I guess we’re quits now.” I told him as I tousled his hair.


We walked towards the van in comfortable silence, a sign of our close friendship.


“Noona, you know why Jiyong-hyung asked me to protect you, right?” He asked me all of a sudden. I looked at him and smiled hesitantly.


“I think I do.” That made him smile.


“Jealousy may be one of his reasons why he wanted me to look out for you but besides that, he just really wants to keep you safe, always. Hyung will move mountains for you if he could, just to make sure you’re away from harm. You know that, right, noona?” He told me with all seriousness.


It was a revelation for me. The Seungri I was talking to now was different from the Seungri I talk to regularly. I could see that he was serious and sincere in everything he was saying. I knew how much he respected and looked up to Ji and being his roommate, I knew that he was one of the witnesses to Ji’s highs and lows. I couldn’t help but feel a tug in my heart which made me hug the maknae close.


“N-noona?” Seungri was surprised with my action.


“Kamsahamnida, Seungri-ah.” I whispered as I held him tight. “Thank you for being a true friend to Ji and I.” I suppressed a tear from escaping my eye.


I felt him hold me as well. “Kamsahamnida, noona. Thank you for giving Jiyong-hyung a reason to live again.” The tear now escaped with what he just said.


I pulled away from our embrace and quickly wiped my face before he could see it. 


“Come on! Your favorite noona will treat you to a yummy dinner!” I grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards the YG van while he happily followed, skipping like a little child.