Go Away/ Don't Go Away

Go Away/ Don't Go Away

 

Before I Fall In Love


Five weird-looking boys entered Karaoke Kid, all clad in disguises, trying their best to ignore all the suspicious stares and weird glances the people inside were giving them.


“Hayssst! Why does he need to wear something like that??” The guy wearing a pink coat, yellow scarf and gray sweatpants hissed under his breath. He tried hard to lower his high-pitched voice but to no avail.


The guy to his left, who was wearing jeans, white sweater and red vest over it turned to look at him. 


“Well, you told him to try to look different. Hence his disguise!” He chuckled but frowned after he felt his bonnet slipping off his head, his mohawk hair being the main cause of it. He was fixing his bonnet when he felt a nudge from his right.


“Hayssst, hyung!” The guy to his left who was wearing a bright blue coat over jeans and a white scarf hissed to him as he caught a glimpse of his hyung’s famouse mohawk hair peeking through his bonnet.


“We’ll get busted big time if that mohawk hair of yours get exposed!” He was panicking now, his panda eyes growing wide as he blurted the words. The guy to his right, who was sporting a green sweater, jeans and a ginormous scarf that covered his mouth and revealed only his nose and eyes that looked like long slits nudged him.


“Aigoo! Your voice, maknae!” He warned the panda-eyed guy to his left who was fidgeting with his disguise.


The guy clad in pink coat was still looking accusingly at the guy to his left. “Hayssst, hyung! Must you wear something that despicable?!” He eyed the other man’s outfit. “My fashionable eyes are suffering just casting a two second glance at you!” His voice becoming more high-pitched.


The guy to his left raised an eyebrow at him. “You told me to look different, right?” He asked, casually, adjusting his wide-rimmed glasses.


“BUT YOU LOOK LIKE AN ALIEN!” He exclaimed, pointing to the offensive silver overall suit that the guy to his left was wearing. The mohawked guy instantly covered his mouth as eyes continued darting in their direction.


“It’s different.” He answered proudly.


“It’s an eyesore!” The pink coat guy answered more discreetly now that his mouth was no longer covered.


“And you look so cool yourself wearing rainbow colors topped with a rabbit mask over your mouth, Kwo~~~~”


“HYUNGS, HYUNGS!!!” The panda-eyed guy was waving his hands frantically. He only stopped when a loud music came on.


‘Tell me what is right and what is wrong
iyudo moreun chae neowa nan datugo isseo eolgureul burkhigoseo
jantteuk simsuri naseo hajiman ireon ne moseummajeo nan’



“HYUNGS! That’s our song!” The panda-eyes guy exclaimed excitedly. 


All out once, the other four guys clobbered him and dragged him away as people started buzzing.


“Is that Big Bang?”


“Aigoo, shouldn’t they be in Korea now?”


“Omo! Taeyang-sshi ‘s so cute even with disguise and all!”


“Aigoo… T.O.P-sshi so kawaii! I could totally melt in his eyes…”


“PABO!” The four guys screamed at their maknae as they ran as fast as they could, leaving the people who were all gaping at them in awe.











Big Bang, rushed inside one of the private rooms in Karaoke Kid. They were all panting and out of breath.


Jiyong was holding his chest, trying so hard to catch his breath.


“Jiyongie, are you alright? You look like you were just chased by a panther.”


Jiyong’s ears perked up and his eyes lit up upon hearing that sweet, angelic voice.


“Aniyo, Dara-ya!” He smiled widely as he pulled Seungri by the maknae’s neck using his right arm while still keeping his eyes on Dara. “This pabo caused us trouble again.” He added as he pulled Seungri into a headlock and laughing playfully.


“Aigoo, noona! Don’t listen to him! I was just excited to hear our song being played and…” His voice trailed off as he felt Jiyong’s arm tightenting around his neck. He winced in pain.


“Haysst, Jiyongie! Cut poor Seungri some slack, will you?” She asked the great Kwon Leadah, concernec about the maknae’s welfare. Jiyong happily obliged, much to the relief of Seungri.


“Kamsahamnida, noona! You really take care of me so much.” Suengri batted his eyeslashes at Dara lovingly.


“Ya ya… stop acting cutesy around Dara noona, brat.” Seung Hyun scolded the maknae. Seungri frowned at his hyung.


Dara laughed heartily and Jiyong couldn’t help but smile lovingly at her. She looked so cute when she’s laughing like that. Like all the world’s burden can easily go away with just the sound of her laugh.


His smiled faded though when his eyes fell on the person sitting beside her. Nichkhun. Just like him, Nichkhun was also watching Dara laugh, a tender expression was visible in his face.


Nichkhun must have sensed Jiyong watching him as he turned his attention to his rival. Both men were now looking at each other, sizing each other up and neither looked like letting up.


CL’s voice halted the two’s silent competition.


“What are you guys doing just standing there? Let’s go party!” She exclaimed happily as she took Seungri’s hand and pulled him towards their group. Seungri, though shocked, still managed to give Taecyeon a triumphant look.


Big Bang followed and all took a seat.


Seung Hyun squeezed himself between Bom and Junsu. Before Junsu could protest, he gave Junsu a sweet smile and turned to Bom.


“Hi noona. Mind if I sit here?” He asked too politely. Junsu raised an eyebrow at him while Bom looked flabbergasted.


“Well, I guess so, Tabi, seeing as how you are already comfortably sitting here.” She answered in a knowing tone.


Seung Hyun let out a laugh, his baritone voice resounding throughout the private room.


Daesung stood in front of Minji who was busy talking to Junho. He cleared his throat to make his presence felt.


“Oppa! Are you alright?” Minji asked, concerned as she turned around and made room for Daesung. He shook his head.


“Neh. It’s just that one of my Doraemon collectibles was ruined after Jiyong-hyun and Seungri fooled around last night…” He looked down sadly. 


“Aigoo, oppa! It’s ok. We’ll look for another one so we can replace it immediately.” Minji felt bad because she knew how Daesung treasured his collection.


“You’ll come with me to buy a new one, then?” Daesung asked, his chinky eyes lighting up.


“Sure, oppa!” Minji answered, giving him a bright smile. They both smiled for a few seconds until Junho cleared his throat.


“I’ll come to, hyung, if you want.” Junho volunteered, smiling brightly at him.


Daesung’s smile faded. “Aniyo, dongsaeng! I know you’re busy and all. Just do well on your promotions, araso?” He tried to smile forcefully but his dongsaeng was insistent.


“It’s ok. We can join you after practice, right, Minji-ah?” He winked at Minji who giggled.


Hayssst, Minji-ah! Don’t look too giddy like a high school having a crush! Daesung thought.


“That would be fun! Shopping together with my two favorite oppa!” She squealed in delight.


Daesung forced a smile while Junho looked like his face would split from smiling too much.


To their right, Seungri was having trouble containing himself. Since there were no longer available seats beside CL, he was forced to sit on the couch next to him.


CL was too engrossed with what Taecyeon was telling her. From the few words he had caught, Taecyeon was sharing about his experiences in Dream High.


Hayssst, such a show-off! I have done musicals and plays, appeared on variety shows and danced on TV. What’s the big deal about him starring in one series? Hmp!


CL must have felt his uneasiness.


“Ya, Seungrat! Why are you not speaking at all? That’s weird for a guy like you who can’t keep his mouth shut.” CL with a mischievous look.


“Ya! I don’t have a big mouth!” He pouted. He heard Teacyeon chuckled.


“He does, actually.” Taecyeon whispered to CL who giggled at his statement.


“YA! What are you guys secretly giggling about?! WHAT’S SO FUNNY, HUH???” Seungri asked, bewildered.


CL and Taecyeon looked at each other and burst out laughing.


On the far right side of the room, Jiyong, Dara and Nichkhun were having the same predicament.


Jiyong tried squeezing himself between Dara and Nichkhun but for some unknown reason, he couldn’t get in between them. It was only when he was seated to Dara’s right did he realized the unknown reason was Wooyoung who was seated at the left side of Nichkhun. He was pushing himself towards Nichkhun so that Jiyong would not be able to have space in the middle to sit in.


He sighed in defeat as he noticed how close Dara was sitting beside Nichkhun who looked so happy like an eight grader being paired to his crush. 


Then a light bulb in his head.


Carefully placing at the table a plastic containing a bowl, he gently tapped Dara’s shoulder as her attention was focused on Nichkhun and Wooyoung who were telling her a joke. 


A lame joke. He hissed silently.


Dara turned towards him and smiled.


“Neh, Jiyongie?” She asked. 


Jiyong pointed towards the bowl sitting on top of the table and smiled widely at her.


Dara followed his finger and her eyes grew wide.


“WAAAAAA! Is that ramen?!” She asked, her eyes twinkling.


“Of course, Dara-ya!. Your favorite.” He answered, mentally patting his back.


Haysssst, Kwon Jiyong. You truly are a genius! KKkkkkk.


Wooyoung looked at the ramen and his lips.


“Hyung, can I have that? I’m so hungry.” He pouted. Jiyong shot him a glare and pushed the bowl of Sukiyaki towards him.


“There, eat that. That’s good for you.” And hope you choke on it. Jiyong hid a devilish smile.


“Why only for Dara, hyung? What about us?” Nichkhun asked innocently but Jiyong knew all too well that he’s challenging him. There was a glint in the dongsaeng’s eyes.


“Maybe you can share some with us, noona?” Wooyoung asked Dara who was busy devouring the ramen to notice the growing tension between the boys.


“Aniyo! This is my favorite and besides, there are so many food on the table. Help yourselves!” She giggled as she took another large portion of the ramen. Nichkhun’s face fell in disappointment.


“That’s right, Dara-ya. You must eat greedily so you won’t be thin.” Jiyong couldn’t stop himself form smiling too wide.


Dara turned towards him and smiled brightly. “Kamsahamnida, Jiyongie!” 


Jiyong smiled sweetly at her then turned to the two guys who were giving him deathly glares.


Kwon Jiyong, 1. Nichkhun Horvejkul, 0.

Kkkkkkk!












Youngbae joined Chansung who was drinking alone. The 2PM maknae smiled at him knowingly.


“Enjoying the show?” He asked. Youngbae chuckled.


“What should we do with them?” He asked Chansung who was looking at the flock of lovesick birds doing their best to impress their preferred mate.


Chansung looked thoughtfully at the group. “I think we should let them be. “


Youngbae raised an eyebrow. “And let them embarrass themselves?”


Chansung looked at his new friend and wink. “People in love do stupid things to show their love. If your leader did not fall helplessly in love, do you think you would be having hit songs like Lies, Haru Haru, Heaven and This Love?”


Youngbae looked at the younger man with newfound admiration. “Wow! For such maturity, I cannot believe you are the maknae!”


Chansung chuckled. “Haysst… it’s hard though being the maknae when your hyungs act more like one.” He shook his head while laughing.


“Tell me about it. I may not be the youngest but seeing the members going at it like lovesick puppies…” He sighed. “I really think I should have a girl so I can act foolish as well and write hit songs.” He joked.


Chansung laughed and nudged. “Yeah, hyung. You really need a girl.”


The two laughed heartily.














Everyone already took their turns singing. 


Chansung and Youngbae sang Jiyong’s and Seung Hyun’s High High much to the delight of the group.


Minji sang Planetarium of Ai Otsuka. She explained that she loved the song ever since she watched Hana Yori Dango.


CL and Bom decided to have fun and sang SNSD’s Hoot much to the delight of the male audience especially when they did the famous leg aligning step. All throughout, Junsu’s panda eyes and Seung Hyun’s laser-like eyes were doing damage on Bom’s flawless legs.


Seungri sang Glory of Love coupled with his cheesy gestures towards CL. Taecyeon looked like he was ready to puke any time while CL silently spazzed and pretended to look disgusted on the outside.


Daesung sang Doraemon no Uta (Doraemon’s Song). The group all rolled their eyes and blurted “No, not again!”, “Haysst! I’ll definitely hid his collection again after this!” and “Marry that damned cartoon already!”. Only Minji seemed to be enjoying the performance, singing along with him and bobbing her head to the music.


He was followed shortly after by Junho who sang the 2B A Master, which was a song from the popular series, Pokemon. The group groaned louder than they did when Daesung sang his song. He didn’t mind them at all as he saw that Minji was enjoying his performance, clapping and singing along with him.


Wooyoung sang Youngbae’s I Need A Girl which garnered him a lot of “oohs” and “ahhs” from the ladies, especially when he tried to do Youngbae’s dance moves from the music video. Both Jiyong’s and Nichkhun’s eyes grew wide as he pulled Dara and imitated Youngbae during MAMA 2010. He wasn’t able to plant a kiss though as his best friend, Nichkhun, laughed forcefully and pulled him. It was meant to be a joke but Wooyoung could sense his best friend’s jealousy. He chuckled at the thought.


Seung Hyun sang Lies which garnered the most guffaws and rolling on the floor laughter from the group especially from 2PM and Big Bang. The loudest laugh was heard every time he would be singing the chorus part. His baritone voice coupled with his awkward dance steps were just too much for the group to handle.


Junsu and Taecyeon did a duet and sang TVXQ's Maximum much to the delight of the girls in the room as they coolly sang their way into the girls' hearts.


Nichkhun decided to sing an English song. He chose Brian McKnight’s My Kind Of Girl. All throughout, he was just staring at one girl, wondering if she knew that he was singing that song to her. The words of the song were what he have always wanted to convey ever since he realized the growing feelings he had for Dara but was too afraid of her rejection. Yes, she is the kind of girl he thinks about. She’s the kind of girl he dreams about. His heart’s been telling him that he needs her in his world. She’s the kind of girl he would love to walk hand in hand with. She’s the kind of girl he would proudly tell the world he loves. She’s his kind of girl.


Jiyong sang an English song as well, Statue by Lil Eddie. The song reflected too much of his feelings for Dara. Until now, he still feels like he’s turning into a statue every time she would look at his eyes. It was like he gets lost in her eyes every time, his body numbing and his mind suddenly malfunctioning. She has that control over him and until now, he would still continually ask himself what he have ever done for her to have loved him. He knew he didn’t deserve her after what he had put her through in the past but his heart just refused to let go. He needed her in his life. She is what would keep him whole again.


Dara was the last to sing for the group. She nervously gripped the microphone.


Her nervousness didn’t come because she was frightened of singing in front of a lot of people. She heard the group cheered her on, probably noticing her nerves getting to her. No, it wasn’t. Heck, she has been performing for two years now! 


It was the awareness that once she opened to sing the song she had chosen, she would be opening up her heart to everyone. Most importantly, she would be opening up her heart to that boy. That boy who made her heart beat like crazy.


She looked to her right where Jiyong and Nichkhun were both watching her intently. She felt her heart beating rapidly.


She raised the microphone to when the music started.


“My heart says we've got something real.

Can I trust the way I feel?

'Cause my heart's been fooled before…”



The group grew silent as her angelic voice resonated throughout the room. She welcomed the silence with a smile. Finally, she can sing what her heart’s been wanting to share for some time now.


“Am I just seeing what I want to see

Or is it true, could you really be…”



She wanted to open her eyes and look at the person whom she wanted to sing the song to but her mind stopped her.


“Someone to have and hold

With all my heart and soul

I need to know

Before I fall in love..”



She thought of all the times her heart beat like crazy just walking with him, standing side by side him, and watching his face lit up with a big smile like a little boy.


“Someone who'll stay around

Through all my ups and downs..”



She thought of all the times he had encouraged her when she thought of giving up. She thought of all the timed he readily offered his shoulder when her head couldn’t stand the hurt anymore from crying again and again.


“Please tell me now

Before I fall in love…”



She thought of the many times she had wanted to open her heart to him but was afraid of getting hurt again.


“I'm at the point of no return

So afraid of getting burned

But I wanna take a chance..”



But her heart still wanted her to love again, to care so much for another person again. That no matter how much pain love has let her endure, she still wanted to go through it once again.


“Oh please

Give me a reason to believe

Say you're the one that you'll always be..”



And she would gladly go through it again, if she would just be sure that he would be there to ease her pain. 


“Someone to have and hold

With all my heart and soul

I need to know

Before I fall in love

Someone who'll stay around

Through all my ups and downs

So tell me now

Before I fall in love...”



She clutched her heart, knowing the next lines were what her heart has been screaming silently for days now.


“It's been so hard for me

To give my heart away

But I would give my everything

Just to hear you say...”