Go Away/ Don't Go Away

Go Away/ Don't Go Away

 

Ceasefire Agreement



We were all startled by the voice that came from out of nowhere.

I was half-way through my twirl when I heard the voice.

Nichkhun also stopped in the middle of him flipping his hair.

The room suddenly grew silent. Not one of us dared to move.

It was Seungri who broke the silence.

“Sajangnim!” Seungri greeted a little too cheerfully. He waved like a maniac.

All at once, everyone started greeting the two presidents. 2PM rushed to greet Park Jin Young, otherwise known as JYP while 2NE1 and Big Bang ran to Yang Hyun Suk, also known as YG.

Everyone but Nichkhun and I. We were rooted to the floor that we were standing at.

Sajangnim noticed us still standing in shock and called us out. “Jiyong, Nichkhun!” YG called out.

“What are you guys doing earlier?” He repeated what JYP asked earlier.

I felt a lump formedon my throat. Nichkhun was about to speak but decided to stop himself at the last minute.

We were both trapped by our foolishness.

Thankfully, Seung Hyun was not spacing out at the moment. He hurried towards us and grabbed both our arms in a friendly, manly hug.

“Sajangnim,” He started. “Nichkhun and Jiyong were just practicing our performance!” He answered with a smile.

“Performance?” YG looked at him suspiciously. “I don’t remember any collaboration between 2PM and Big Bang.” Seung Hyun’s smile quickly disappeared. He looked at Seungri as if asking for help.

“Aigoo, sajangnim!” Seungri stood beside YG. “Of course you wouldn’t know about this. You weren’t supposed to know about this! Ha ha ha!” Seungri let a loud, nervous laughter.

We collectively gasped out of shock that Seungri was saying what he was saying.

“We weren’t supposed to know this?” JYP raised and eyebrow.

“Well, it’s uh, ah~” Seungri cleared his throat. “It’s for the intimate gathering of 2NE1, 2PM and Big Bang.” Seungri answered hastily, obviously nervous.

We looked at him, wide-eyed. Hayssst, pabo! Why must you drag all of us?

“Go on.” YG said, frowning as if thinking seriously. Seungri paled a little.

“Erm, you see, we plan to go to karaoke,” He said while looking at Taecyeon as if asking for help. Taecyeon only nodded. “and hold a mini concert of our own.” He finished slowly and hesitantly.

At that moment, I felt that I was capable of clobbering our maknae. Hayssst, such a big mouth!

CL was shooting him deadly stares and to her right, Bom had a look of horror.

JYP, however, seemed interested. “And who do you intend to invite to this mini concert of yours?” He asked.

Seungri trembled, not knowing what to answer. Thankfully, Taecyeon stepped up.

“Hayssst, sajangnim!” He laughed. “It’s a private concert. Of course, we ourselves are the audience!” He answered with a laugh. Seungri exhaled in relief.

YG was twitching his nose. “That’s a shame.” He said. We held our breaths.

“Since you already planned on holding a mini concert, why not we open it to some of our friends?” YG suggested.

“I’m sure Teddy, Se7n, Kush, Sean and the others would love to see that?.” YG took out his mobile phone and started dialing numbers.

It was too late to take back what the Big Bang maknae has blurted out.

“Ya, Bi?” JYP talked to someone on the phone. “Your juniors will be holding a mini concert. You might be interested to watch.” He asked. JYP’s eyes lit up as he listened to the other line.

After awhile, he put down the phone and smiled widely to the group.

“Looks like we already have a confirmed audience for your mini concert!” JYP exclaimed happily to us.

We all looked at him in horror.

“Bi Kyo is interested in watching your show.” He announced. I heard Dara shrieked.

“Bi Kyo as in Rain??” She asked, bewildered. JYP smiled brightly at her.

“No more, no less.” Junho looked like he was out of breath. I eyed him weakly.

What have we gotten ourselves into? I heaved a long sigh.

As if matters couldn’t get any worse, YG spoke.

“Just got off the phone with Psy. He said the guys are all psyched to watch your mini concert.” He grinned at us.

I felt my heart tightening. Oh Lord, good God! Please let this be a dream…

As we were all on the verge of having a panic attack, Seung Hyun spoke confidently.

“But you see, sajangnim,” He started. “We plan to hold the concert here in Tokyo. Don’t tell me they’ll all fly here just to watch us?” His voice sounder so calm and collected, as if confident in every word he uttered.

It was JYP who spoke up. “Oh, that won’t be a problem!” He turned to YG. “You have a Youtube channel, right?” YG nodded and smiled suddenly.

“Right! We can do live streaming similar to GD&TOP’s High High album launching.” YG said, suddenly becoming excited.

Seung Hyun who looked calm and confident earlier suddenly paled. Daesung tapped his back to comfort him.

JYP and YG started talking amongst themselves, excitement evident in their voices. Unbeknownst to them, we were on the verge of fainting from too much stress.

They turned their attention to us after they were done spazzing over our supposed and dreaded “mini concert”.

“Well, seeing that Big Bang will only be staying here for four more days, let’s have it three days from now!” JYP excitedly suggested.

CL stammered. “Sajangnims! I’m afraid we don’t have time to practice given the time we have left and...” YG cut her.

“Then start practicing today!” YG announced. “We’ll drop by your apartments later to finalize the program and watch you practice whatever performance Jiyong and Nihkhun were doing awhile ago.” He said looking at Nichkhun and I with an amused smile.

“What should we call the mini concert then?” YG asked JYP as they were making their way towards the exit.

We braced ourselves.

“What about 2:21PM Bangs?!” JYP exclaimed as he opened the door.

“Daebak!” YG answered.

We all groaned.





It has been three hours since we arrived at the apartment. We all decided to stay at the girls’ apartment to brainstorm and strategize on how we’ll face the challenge up ahead.

CL was spearheading the brainstorming session. Seeing as how I humiliated myself earlier, they decided to nominate a more reasonable person to take the lead.

“Seeing as how our sajangnims seem to be looking forward to this event, I guess backing out is not an option.” She spoke firmly, in true leader fashion. I beamed with pride.

YG family, baby!

I chuckled. Seungri jabbed me in the elbow.

“Ya, hyung! Why are you giggling? You’re the reason we’re in this predicament.” He told me, accusingly. I pouted and raised my voice.

“Ya! You were the one who suggested the mini or should I say “INTIMATE” gathering!” I challenged. 

“I was forced to do that because you were caught swaying your hips to a silly song!” He let out his tongue.

“Ya! That’s not silly! It was a hit song in the Philippines, you pabo!” I was about to pounce on him when he suddenly took out his phone and played a familiar track.

Ang ganda ko (ganda ganda)…

He took a video of me dancing to the song, goddamit! I immediately turned red. I sat down and pouted again.

Seungri let out a victory laugh, contented with himself.

To my right, I heard Wooyoung speaking to Nichkhun under his breath. “I can’t believe they’re our sunbaes…”

My ears started getting red upon hearing him, especially when I saw that leech known as Nichkhun chuckled as if he found it amusing.

I was about to attack them when Seung Hyun beat me to it.

“From what I’ve watched earlier, it was you who started dancing like a little girl.” Seung Hyun began imitating Wooyoung’s dance. Junsu stepped in.

“What a way to counter Woo’s remark.” He commented with a smirk. Seung Hyun lost his silly smiles and aimed his laser-like eyes to Junsu.

“Stay out of this, Panda.” He said in a dangerous tone. They commenced with their staring match.

Daesung sighed, looking problematic. “Aigoo… how are we going to get ourselves out of this mess?!” He exclaimed, raising his hands to the heavens. Beside him, Junho sighed as well.

“Neh.” He nodded. “And to think our sajangnims already contacted big personalities to look out for our show. We’ll be live on streaming in Youtube for the whole world to see and criti…” Junho continued enumerating all the negative possibilities they may encounter. That brought down Daesung’s spirit more.

“Ya, Junho! Can you get anymore depressing? Do you want me to commit suicide??” Daesung snapped at him which signaled the start of a bickering match.

I glanced to where 2NE1 were seated. All of them were just watching us, all with different expressions.

CL looked like she was about to explode any minute now.

Bom looked bored and decided to inspect her nails.

Minji was biting her lips, probably to stop herself from crying.

I stole a glance at Dara and saw her glance at me as well. I smiled in apology to her. After all, it was I who got us in this trouble.

I looked at her again and to my dismay, I saw Nichkhun whispering something to her.

My once tender eyes narrowed into deadly slits.

I saw Nichkhun looked at me seriously, as if sending me a message that he was willing to battle it out with me.




I was trying to convey a message to Jiyong as we stared at each other from across the room.

What we did earlier was extremely childish. I admit that.

But I just couldn’t help it, the way he stared at me as challenging me to fight.

I guess I figured he was challenging me to fight him for Dara’s affection.

And knowing the things Dara had endured because of him, I wasn’t going to let him just waltz back into her life just that easily.

I have decided earlier that I will do my best to protect her and make sure she won’t ever get hurt again.

Not by Jiyong.

Not by any man.

So I brushed off the deadly stares he was sending me and focused my attention on the person that matters.

Dara.

From now on, it is my duty to make her happy only.





The boys were all positioned in three rows. 2PM members and Big Bang members were positioned beside each other.

Junsu and Seung Hyun, being two of the tallest, were situated at the back. Taecyeon and Seungri were beside them.

Daesung and Junho were in the middle. Chansung and Young Bae were in the same row as them.

Nichkhun, Wooyoung and Jiyong were all in front, being the shorter ones.

They were informed by their presidents that they will be performing the “Ang Ganda Ko” song Jiyong and Nichkhun did earlier.

According to the presidents, this was to show to the world the camaraderie between YG and JYP.

That meant that they have to act like true sunbaes.

Like real brothers.

Taecyeon got into character easily. He placed his arm around Seungri who forced a smile.

“Seungri-ah! I have a feeling this will be a start of good friendship between us!” YG smiled at him.

“Why? Are you and Seungri not good friends?” He asked, curiously. Taecyeon tightened his arm’s hold on Seungri’s shoulder. Seungri forced a smile through gritted teeth.

“Aniyo!” He said. “We’re tight friends, right, Taecky?” He smiled sweetly to him while discreetly jabbing his side.

JYP was watching Junsu and Seung Hyun intently.

“Hey!” JYP said. “Why are you not talking to each other?” Almost immediately, Junsu moved closer to Seung Hyun.

“Haysst, sajangnim!” He shook his head. “Tabi here just needs some time to space out once in awhile.” He gave Seung Hyun a mocking smile which was left unnoticed by JYP. Seung Hyun forced a smile to JYP but not without squinting his eyes at Junsu first.

The atmosphere around the room was filled with such insincere camaraderie that it felt poisonous. The girls shuddered to think what will happen if one of the boys explode.

Jiyong was keeping guard two of his rivals while trying to maintain a pleasant face. He was paying his attention to one rival in particular.

Why does it seem like he’s smiling even if he’s seizing me up?

He narrowed his eyes to him. Nichkhun did the same.

They’re little staring battle was disrupted by a loud sound coming from the music player.

On cue, the eleven boys started singing and dancing to the music.