Go Away/ Don't Go Away

Go Away/ Don't Go Away

 

Friends Again



Uhm, this is awkward.

I looked secretly at Nichkhun who was seated in front of me. Mr. Matsuura, the President of Avex Group, our family here in Japan, decided to treat us to dinner and at the moment, we were all gathered in Ichiran Ramen, awaiting the sumptuous meal our president have ordered for us.

Our group was in a festive mood after our group and 2PM’s successful performances at Pop Jam on NHK. Everyone was engaged in carefree conversations, recalling the events that happened earlier.

FLASHBACK

The four of us held hands as we count the minutes ‘till our manager calls us to go onstage for our Pop Jam performance. We were set to perform two songs, the english version of ‘Can’t Nobody’ and a new single, ‘Better Now’, that will be included in our Japanese album. Even though we rehearsed day and night, our hearts were beating like crazy, anticipating how the Japanese fans will will treat us.

We all heaved a long sigh when we saw Jjang Mei waving at us, signaling for us to go onstage. People in our dressing room and at the backstage all gave their words of encouragement and goodluck wishes as we started walking towards the stage entrance. 

We couldn’t express how much their words have meant to us.

As we neared the stage, we heard thunderous applause coming from the audience. Most were screaming in hysteria. 2PM just finished their performance and has brought the house down. Crap. Now we have to perform after that amazing performance. I thought sadly.

We stayed at the backstage as we waited for our turn. The boys have finished bowing to the audience and were making their way towards us. As soon as they caught a glimpse of us, their faces lit up a little more.

“Wassup, 2NE1!” They yelled in unison. We laughed despite our nervousness.

Taecyeon might have noticed our nerves getting the best of us because she put his arms around CL andd Minji and gave their shoulders a tight squeeze.

“Don’t be nervous, girls.” He said, sounding like a sunbae. “You are the four baddest females in the industry right now.” He added.

Junho came up from the back and stood beside Bommie and I. “Neh! You show Japan why you got so many fanboys.” He joked. We all laughed together.

“Ya, Junho! I think you’re just talking about Dara unni.” CL-roo said, smiling at me. 

“Aniyo!” I waved may hands to say no. “I think he’s referring to Jjang Mei.” I pointed towards our manager who was now giving us the “speed up” sign. Guess it really is our turn.

The boys informed us that they will be watching in the dressing room and will be waiting there to congratulate us after our performance. We thanked them as we made our way to the stage. 

As we were on stage, waiting for our music to start, we heard the guys from the backstage yell in unison.
“2NE1, HWAITING!” 



-----------------------------------------------------



We took a deep breath and flashed our sincere smiles as our music started playing.

Can’t nobody, can’t nobody hold us down
We gon’ keep it goin’ bout to run this town

I was surprised to see that most of the audience know our song and are singing along with us. I looked at CL and winked at her. She smiled even more, probably noticing the overwhelming response of the audience to our performance.

Can’t nobody hold us down
Nothing’s gonna take us down

Bommie was beaming with joy as she sang her lines. Her eyes were scanning the crowd that was up on their feet, singing on top of their lungs. Although not the best dancer in the group, Bommie was extra graceful and energetic tonight. She ran towards me as she finished her part.

“Omo! Can you believe it Ssantoki?? They love us!” She whispered excitedly. I nodded as we both giggled uncontrollably.

“This is the reason we kill ourselves practising.” I replied. “Look at them, Bommie. They’re crying!” I whispered and pointed discreetly to three fans holding on to each other while carrying a 2NE1 banner. The scene touched my heart.

We walked towards CL and Minji as Minji was singing her part. We were nearing the second part of the performance.

Cuz I’m so bad bad
But I’m so good good

CL smiled at us as we came to her side. We started moving to the choreographed dance step.

Yeah I’m so bad bad
And I’m so hood hood!


We imitated Minji’s side to side wave. The crowd grew wild as we did it in unison.

Can’t nobody hold us down
Nothing’s gonna take us down
And you think you can stop it
But we just can’t stop it tonight
Can’t nobody hold us down


I readied myself for my part. 

Can’t nobody can’t nobody hold us down
We gon’ keep it goin’ bout to run this town
Can’t nobody can’t nobody hold us down
Cuz we keep rockin’ we keep rockin’


We bowed down like robots as the music entered the last part of the song.

Let’s rock!
Just take it to the top


Japanese fans were literally jumping off of their seats.

Ain’t never gonna stop
Now all I wanna do is
Make you rock


They stomped their feet and waved their hands to the beat.

Just take it to the top
Ain’t never gonna stop


We continued throwing our fists in the air.

Now make em say NA-NA-NA-NA

Then the music abruptly stops. Our new single was up but instead of feeling nervous, I became so excited to perform it for the first time that a big goofy dorky smile was plastered in my face.



--------------------------------------------------------------------





We were watching 2NE1’s performance backstage and each one of us looked like our jaw just dropped. We all know that 2NE1 is phenomenal and popular for their great stage performances but we haven’t seen this intense performance from them back in Korea.

You were wrong about me
I am young and wild
And carefree
Easily captured 
With just one kiss
But I’m better now, baby
I’m better now…


2NE1 was singing their new single and even if the song hasn’t been formally promoted, some of the audience were already singing to it as well.

My eyes focused on Dara noona for a moment. Even when surrounded by beautiful girls, she manages to stand out. Her beauty has the power to stun anyone who stares as it. Sweet Medusa.

You see, I can live without you
Life goes on its normal route
But I have changed into something new
I’m better now, no doubt!


The girls broke into a dance battle.

CL showed off her sharp movements and krumping style. 

Minji wowed the audience with her worm-like movements and flexible body. 

Bom noona showcased her blinding legs and graceful moves. 

Dara noona, however, surprised the audience with her dorky, krung-krung dance. At first, the crowd wasn’t sure how to react to it but upon seeing Dara noona so into her dance, the crowd cheered her on and imitated her head bobbing movement.

The girls ended their performance with a strong final pose, gaining the loudest applause and screams from the fans watching.

We looked at each other and noticed the big smiles plastered on our faces. All of us were proud of what our friends have accomplished.




END OF FLASHBACK


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Our hands briefly touched as we both reached for the raddish that Chansung asked for. Dara noona blushed momentarily and retreated her hand. I did the same.

Chansung cleared his throat. “Lil Minji, can you please pass me the raddish?” He asked. Minji passed it on to him.

I have noticed that she was awkward with me ever since the holding hands incident that happened last week. I gave her a smile and was happy that she smiled as well.




----------------------------------------------------------------------




We were leaving the restaurant when I decided to talk to her. We were both outside the restaurant while the others were still discussing something inside.

“Noona.” I called out. She turned around and acknowledged me.

“Hey, Nichkhun.” I crinkled my nose. I hate being called by my whole name.

“Noona,” I repeated. “I know that things are a bit awkward with us this week due to the, uhm, incident that happened last week.” She nodded, agreeing with every word I said.

“But you know, we were doing great up until then.” I continued. “I mean, it felt like we were becoming close friends and I kinda liked it.” I admitted. She smiled.

“I kinda liked it too.” She replied. I smiled upon hearing the words she said. I liked it too. That sounded so good to my ears.

“You’re right.” She told me. “We shouldn’t throw away our friendship just because of a silly misunderstanding. After all, we’re both from Southeast Asia.” I nodded this time, agreeing with every word she said and laughed at the randomness of her last sentence.

“So, friends again?” I asked, extending my hand to her. She placed her hand in mine and shook it.

“Friends again.” She smiled. I frowned momentarily which made her worry. “What’s wrong?” She asked.

“Since we’ve established that we’re friends, can you please stop calling me by my whole name?” I asked her. She thought for awhile.

“Ok then. But I can call you with any name I want to?” She asked, her eyes twinkling in mischief. Uh-oh. I don’t like the sound of this. Oh, but what the hell!

“Ok. Fire away.” I told her. Her eyes lit up.

“Khun Khun!” She said with a satisfied smile.



----------------------------------------------------



After that day, I became closer to Khun Khun. We still continued our late night ice cream escapade and added a new activity to our list. We were both assigned by our respective group to do grocery chore which made me happy because Khun Khun got to drive us both to the supermarket. That means one less chore for me!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------



YG massaged his head after arguing with five little rascals earlier.

“Hayyyst! Those kids just won’t let up!” He hissed under his breath. Teddy, who was sitting at the couch laughed upon hearing YG.

“You know Big Bang. They won’t stop until they get what they want.” He reminded his president. YG groaned.

“Would you do me a favor and make sure those kids won’t do anything stupid?” Teddy nodded. YG heaved a sigh.

Hayysssst! They’re not even my biological sons and yet, they give me so much stress!