Go Away/ Don't Go Away

Go Away/ Don't Go Away

 

I Need My Girl



I will remember this night…

I felt the night wind gently whispering in my ears before it fully enveloped me.

I shivered involuntarily, feeling the coldness suddenly wrapping itself around my body.

The arms that enfolded me in its warmth tightened its hold on me, sending me goosebumps as I felt a sensation so familiar, as if it never left my side.

I turned to the person to whom the arms belonged to.

Kwon Jiyong.

He was humming a familiar tune, one that my heart knew too well.

'Mwol haedo ippeun..' 

(Pretty no matter what she does..)

I smiled while watching him, his eyes closed as if drifting into his own secret world.

'Mommaedo ippeun..'

(A pretty body, too..)


I felt him leaning his head to the back of my neck, his breath penetrating that sensitive part of mine.

'Baby, I need you…'

I looked up to the moon above us, illuminating the night sky. Countless stars were surrounding it, as if flirting with its captivating beauty.

'Girl you need me too…'

My mind traveled to a time when those words became a significant part of my life...








“Are you Dara unnie?” A cute little girl tugged at the hem of my skirt.

I looked at the girl and nodded. My face broke into a bright smile as I noticed how cute the girl was. She had her hair in a palm tree style just like mine when we debuted as 2NE1.

I bent a little and gently pinched the little girl’s cheeks which made her giggle. 

“What’s your name, baby girl?” I asked her.

The little girl thought for a moment and smiled. “My omma calls me Chaerang.” She smiled sweetly at me as I did the same.

“What a sweet name for a sweet little girl!” I tousled her hair fondly. I noticed she was fidgeting with something behind her back.

I looked at her curiously.

As if sensing my interest, she extended her chubby little hands and offered a butterfly-shaped chocolate.

“Oppa told me to give this to you.” She winked at me before running away.

“Kansahamnida!” I called out to her but she did not reply. Instead, she gave me a thumbs up sign before completely running away.

I admired the chocolate that was molded into a butterfly.

‘Who could have sent Chaerang to give me this?’

Thens, something caught my eyes.

A short message was written at the back portion of the chocolate cover.

'I need a girl like…' 

I was confused. I was contemplating whether the message was cut or it was just a miscommunication.

Before I could react…

“Unnie, unnie!” I felt an insistent tug at my skirt. I looked down and saw a cute little angel, looking up at me with a big dorky smile.

I noticed her hair was fixed in a braided ponytail which looked oddly familiar.

'She looked like me during my “Hello” performance at SBS Idol Show back in 2009. So cute! Kkkkk.'

“Yes, little angel?” I asked her while I wrinkled my nose making her laugh aloud.

“My handsome oppa wants you to have this!” She exclaimed, excited as she gave me another butterfly-shaped chocolate.

My eyes lit up as I quickly turned to the back portion.

'… one that speaks without thinking…'

I frowned upon reading the message. 

'One that speaks without thinking? Hayssss! Is this person insulting me?!'

I quickly turned to the kid when I heard her giggled.

“I’ll go now, unnie!” She waved goodbye and ran towards the same direction that the first girl took.

'Weird…' I thought.

I walked slowly while holding the two butterfly chocolates side by side each other.

'I need a girl like…

… one that speaks without thinking.'

I felt someone blocking my way. Irritated, I looked at the culprit and found a little kid standing still, blocking my way.

The girl took my hand and placed another butterfly chocolate. She has her hair up in an apple style, a hairstyle I wear often.

I automatically looked at the back portion. 

'Not a little child…'

Another girl with her hair pushed up to act as thick bangs ran towards me. She looked like me in our ‘Can’t Nobody’ music video.

'… but one that will embrace me.'

A small girl who looked like me in the Cass commercial pulled me and showed another butterfly chocolate.

'Not a girl that plays around sometimes when she’s bored…'

And another…

‘… but one that will only love me..’

A little girl sporting a cute lion hair dragged me as she ran. She gave me another chocolate and continued dragging me.

I looked at the back of the chocolate she gave me.

‘Even if she stays still and guys hand her their phone…’

Little girls surrounded me, all giving me their cute and innocents smiles.

Then like a pile of cute little angels playing in heaven, they dragged me, leading me to a secret hideout.

A little girl with short chic cut like the one I was sporting gave me the last chocolate.

‘That kind of girl that will proudly take out and show my picture.’

I was led into a secret garden. Bushes surrounded the area, concealing the beauty that was inside.

I was left alone by the angels, admiring the magnificent beauty around her. 

Colorful orchids, dandelions,Rose of Sharon, Early Pink Azelea and Lemon Bells surrounded the garden, as if inviting the numerous butterflies to land and smell them.

And just as expected, the butterflies that freely roam the garden landed on each one, claiming their own spot.

I was lost in awe that I didn’t notice a piano being played softly somewhere in the garden.

I followed where the sweet melody was being played. 

My steps increased in speed as I could feel myself inching closer to the that sweet melody.

And then I found it.

In the middle of the garden, just in front of an old wishing well, the man of my dreams was playing a beautiful melody, one that was foreign to my ears.

He suddenly looked at me and his voice, his voice that melted my heart everytime, began to sing a sweet confession.

‘Girl, I need a girl..’

‘Mwol haedo ippeun..’

(Pretty no matter what she does..)

‘Mommaedo ippeun..’

(A pretty body, too..)

‘Girl, I need a girl...’

‘Baby, I need you..’

‘Girl, you need me, too..’

He got up from his seat and walked towards me, his eyes never leaving me. 

‘Chimaboda cheongbajiga deo jal eoullineun geureon yeoja..’

(A kind of girl that looks better in jeans than a skirt)

I could feel my heart beating like crazy from too much anticipation.

‘Gimchibokkeumbabeun naega jal mandeureo daesin jal meogeul su inneun yeoja..’’

(A girl that will eat the kimchi fried rice that I make instead)

He was nearing me, his eyes still penetrating mine.

‘Naiga manhado eoryeo boineun yeoja...’

(A girl who looks young even though she’s old)

I let out a giggle. 

He was just a few inches away from me.

‘Nan geureon yeojaga joteora..’

(I like that kind of girl)

‘Know what I mean...’

He reached for my hand and intertwined his with mine. He led me towards the center of the garden.

‘Bukkeureoun cheok hamyeonseodo dangdol hal jul aneun girl..’

(A girl that acts shy, but knows how to be bold)

He caressed my cheeks tenderly, his eyes stripping my soul .

‘Pyeongsoen josinhancheokhaedo..’

(Always pretends to be careful of her behavior)

I ached to tell him there and then how I longed for that moment to come.

‘Gachi isseumyeon..’

(But when you’re with her..)

‘Hmm, y’all know what I’m talking about..’

I held my breath as I felt him moved closer to me, his breath lingering in the back of my neck.

‘Girl, I need a girl..’ 

‘Mwol haedo ippeun..’

(Pretty no matter what she does..)

‘Mom maedo ippeun..’

(A pretty body, too..)

He wrapped his arms around my frail body, inhaling my scent.

'Girl, I need a girl..'

‘Baby, I need you ..’

‘Girl, you need me too..’

[i]He slowly circled me, like a butterfly dancing for his mate.


‘Nan ireon yeojaga joteora LA LA LA..’

(I like this kind of girl LA LA LA..)


He gently traced my shoulder with his fingers.

‘Oemoneun not an issue but..’

(Looks are not an issue but..)


He smiled mischievously while biting his lip.

‘Meoseul aneun gwiyeoun, girl..’

(A cute girl who knows style..)


He sniffed the scent of my neck as he slowly made his way to my back.

‘Chwimineun dallado chwihyangeun gata..’

(Even though our hobbies are different..)


I followed his path.

'Yeonghwana eumageul bol ttaemyeon mari tonghaneun girl
Yes!'

(Our tastes are the same.. 

a girl that I can relate to a lot... 

when we watch movies or listen to music.. 

.. Yes!)


I smiled recalling all our secret escapades.

'I love you, girl..'

My heart let out a sudden gasp.

'You’re the girl I do adore..'

I found myself lost in his eyes…

… lost in his touch…

… lost in the nearness of him…

… lost in my overwhelming happiness of knowing…

… the man I have loved secretly for five years…

… is bearing his soul..

… his heart…

… to me…


‘Baby, I need you…’

He reached for my chin and moved his face closer to mine.

Our lips were just a heartbeat away from each other.


"Kwon Jiyong.."

His lips started moving towards mine.

".. I need you too.."

I finally confessed before he claimed my lips as his.