Go Away/ Don't Go Away

Go Away/ Don't Go Away

 

Prologue:



'Tonight hapil ddo bineun naeryeo wae (Tonight of all times, why is it raining again?
Nae moseup chorahaejigae (It makes me look so pitiful)'



She looked at their fierce leader, Lee Chae-rin, more popularly known as "CL", holding the microphone and stomping her foot to the beat. With her stance and stare, no one would think that what lies beneath the strong facade is a sweet, caring and thoughtful friend. Upon sensing her observant eyes, their leader looked towards her and gave her a wink. She chuckled and winked as well, earning a salute from CL. 


She heard the a different voice which made her attention turn towards their cute maknae, Gong Minji, who was busy entertaining the audience with her flawless moves.


'Nal wiro hajineun ma (Don’t try to console me)
Ee son chiweo eejae naminikka (Move this hand, we’re strangers now)'




She couldn't help feeling proud seeing how her little Minji was receiving love from the crowd. The audience let out "oohs" and "ahhs" as she finished her lines with a y body wave. Aigoo! My Minji's growing up too fast! She might find her a man before I do. She said to herself. Then, I must lecture her after this. Kkkkk.She giggled to herself, activating "Adorkable Dara" once again.


'Nae geokjung malgo go away (Don’t worry about me and go away)
Jipchak eopshi sarajyeo joolgae (I’ll disappear, no strings attached)
Medal lil jul alatgaetji (You thought I’d hang onto you)
Yeokgyeoweo chakgakhajima (It’s disgusting, don’t misunderstand)'



The last two lines she heard made her look to the right side of the stage. She smiled as she saw her best friend, Park Bom, giving her all for their performance. Looking at her, she can't help but feel worried knowing that just hours earlier, Bom must burning with high fever. Being the professional that she is, however, she plastered a smile on her face and said proudly, "I'm Park Bom and I'm 2NE1's main vocal. FIGHTING!" 


She couldn't help but shake her head and laugh silently remembering how firm Bom shouted those words while trying in vain to prevent a cough from escaping.


'Deo meotjin sarang mannalgae (I’ll meet someone so much better)
Neol huhwaehagae mandeuleo julgae (I’ll make you regret it all)'



It was her turn to sing. She held her mic firmly and sang her lines with as much conviction as she could, stealing a glance at the crowd happily cheering her on, unaware of what was running through her mind at that time.


'Seulpeumeun jigeum ppooniya, boy (Sadness is only for now, boy)
Cause love is ove~~'



She almost choke on her words which made Bom shot her a concerned look. She immediately composed herself and brought herself to sing the last line of their song.


'Love, love is over tonight.'


The crowd erupted in thunderous applause. Some were ever shouting like madman while others were crying and hugging each other. All of them, though, were oblivious to what she was feeling at the moment. All the words she sang awhile ago felt like knives stabbing her heart, making her remember the pain she felt back then. Bom rushed to her side and assisted her towards the backstage. CL and Minji followed their unnies immediately when they saw the alarm in Bom's eyes.


They sat her in one of the free couches in the dressing room area. The three girls stayed by her side, uncertain what to do next. They knew this was bound to happen but they never anticipated it to be this way. They waited for their unnie to talk but she just buried her head in her hand, her shoulders visibly shaking.


It was Bom who broke the silence.


"Ssantokki..." She started to say, hesitantly.


She felt the older girl's hand in her back, gently caressing it, trying to give her strength and comfort.


"Bommie-yah, why doesn't it go away?" She asked, pain evident in her voice. "Why can't he just go away?" She asked once again, this time it was more of a plea rather than a question.


The three girls surrounding her all bent down and wrapped their arms around the girl on the verge of crying, sharing in her pain. They knew they had to be strong for their friend to somehow transfer their strength to their friend who was slowly crumbling, being engulfed by the pain she was feeling.


After three months of suppressing all her emotions, Sandara Park, the prankster and vitamin of 2NE1, broke down in front of her friends, breaking the wall she had built for so long.