Go Away/ Don't Go Away

Go Away/ Don't Go Away

 

Chapter Two: Annyeong, Goodbye, Adios


All of YG artists were all cramped in the training room as summoned by their President, Yang Hyun Suk, more popularly known as "YG". He announced that 2NE1 will be starting their promotions in Japan in a week's time. 


Everyone congratulated the girls, showering them with words of encouragement and advices. Their sunbaes were all excited with the girls' upcoming Japan domination that each offered their own support. Seungri volunteered to help them with their Nihonggo which CL dismissed immediately. Daesung, on the other hand, kept reminding them that they must buy the limited edtion Doraemon toy he'd been eyeing in E-bay. Seung Hyun butted in, telling them that they must visit Kyushu Jangara in Harajuku district. 


Youngbae laughed and tousled Minji's hair as she shyly confessed that she would miss her sunbaes. With that confession, Bom started welling up in tears, realizing that five days from then, they would be leaving their YG family and would be living alone in a foreign country.


At the far side of the training room, Jiyong silently observed what was happening. He could see the other BIGBANG members together with Teddy, Kush, Sean, Gummy, Se7en, Jinu, Sean, Psy and even YG getting emotional with the pending departure of their favorite juniors. He wanted to approach them but somehow, his feet wouldn't follow. Youngbae saw him just standing there and waved to him.


"Ya, Jiyong!" He called out to his best friend. "What are you doing just standing there?" He asked, flashing Jiyong his famous chinky-eyed, boyish smile.


Upon hearing Jiyong's name, Dara's attention automatically turned to the guy standing at the far corner of the room. Just as she looked at him, she caught him looking at her as well. Though unsure what to say, Dara mustered up her courage to approach him just as he was walking towards them but like a cold breeze in the night, Jiyong walked past her without saying a word. 


Dara's heart fell to the floor as if it belonged there.


That incident didn't go unnoticed, however. Youngbae witnessed how his best friend ignored Dara, the girl Jiyong treasured the most. He looked at his best friend, confused with his sudden action. 


"Are you and Dara fighting?" He whispered, a hint of concern evident in his voice as Jiyong came near him. Jiyong just gave him a small smile and walked towards the three other 2NE1 members. Once he reached them, Jiyong became enthusiastic and gave all of them playful hugs, telling them that he would miss his favorite playmates, earning slaps from Bom and CL. All were laughing and having a blast, making the most of the remaining days of 2NE1's in Korea.


Unbeknown to them, Dara was trying her very best to prevent the tears that were threatening to spill from her eyes. She was trying too hard that her breathing became uneven.


Just as she felt she was running out of breath, she heard CL calling out her name.


"Ya Dara-unnie! Join us here!" CL called out. All of them were preparing to do a group hug. 


Dara shot a look towards Jiyong. The enthusiasm he showed earlier was now replaced with a cold stare. She looked down on the mobile phone she was carrying.


"Mianhe, everyone. I must go. Cheundoong called me. Must be something urgent." She raised her phone.


Dara ran out of the training room as fast as she could before anyone could speak up. Before anyone could see the tears that were flowing from her eyes.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Dara walked together with the rest of 2NE1, carrying her pink luggage that seemed heavier than when she first tried carrying it. Unlike the other members who marveled at the crazy traffic caused by people in Incheon International Airport due to the impending summer season, Dara walked aimlessly, not paying attention to anyone or anything she came across.


"Waaaa! Look at these people!" CL exclaimed, scanning her eyes to the people lining up and piling up in different areas at the airport. "I wonder how may koreans are left outside this airport." She chuckled in amazement.


"I bet Lotte World will lose some of its patron." Bom said, pointing to a bunch of rascals goofing and running around. Minji watched them sadly and spoke up.


"I love Lotte World." She said, pouting cutely. Dara looked at her and ruffled her hair endearingly.


"Ya, Minji. The moment we reach Narita, we'll take the first cab and go to Disneyland!" Dara forced a big smile though she herself did not feel like smiling at all. Her little sacrifice paid off, however as Minji's eyes lit up.


"Ya, unni! Are you trying to fool me? You know Jjangoo manager will not allow us." Minji pointed towards their manager who looked at them suspiciously.


Dara gave the maknae a nudge. "We'll see about that." She replied with a wink which made their maknae giggle.


Bom looked at her best friend and shook her head. She knew that Dara was just acting out, that beneath the shallow smiles, Dara was slowly falling apart. Dara, as if reading her thoughts, gave her a pleading smile, as if telling her friend to just go along with it. Bom could only sigh.


They walked some more until they saw an available bench where they could rest for awhile. Minji ran immediately, threw her bags on the empty bench and yelled out to the members. "EMPTY SEATS, UNNIES!"


"So much for being discreet." CL whispered to the two. Bom and Dara giggled at their maknae's antics.


The three very discreetly and casually walked toward Minji. When they reached her, CL very DISCREETLY but painfully pinched Minji's elbow.


"Ya! Why are you so scandalous?" CL hissed, still maintaining a discreet manner. Minji looked scared like a four-year old toddler meeting the Boogeyman for the first time.


"I,I was just, uhm, excited to find a free seat that I..."


"YO WASSUP, 2NE1!" CL's eyes widened as she heard a very familiar, very annoying voice. No, it can't be. Please tell me he didn't just say that. CL trembled. 


Almost immediately, the area they were in hushed and all the attention was focused on the four inconspicuously dressed females being approached by a group of males wearing the heaviest disguises ever.


"Oh my! It's 2NE1!" A girl in pink blouse, who looked like her eyes were being pulled out, pointed to Bom .


"Omo! Isn't that Dara?" A guy wearing glasses, maniacally drooling, asked his friend who was busy staring at Dara.


"Let's ask for autograph!" Two friends started running towards them.


Almost immediately, half of Incheon International Airport turned towards them. 2NE1, realizing the impending doom, ran to the opposite direction. 


"SSSEUNGRI, YOU RAT!!!" CL grabbed Seungri's collar and dragged him to run along with them. The rest of BIGBANG ran as well.


It took a good five minutes of running when they were finally escorted by Airport officials to a safer place. Once inside the special lounge, 2NE1 and BIGBANG all collapsed in the sofa. 


"Seungrat, you pabo! I'll, deal with, you, later, uhh, when I'm no, longer exhausted." CL said in between breaths. Seungri let out his tongue in reply. With that, CL stood up and was about to pounce on him when Daesung stopped them.


"Hey! The girls will be leaving in an hour and all you could think of is bicker?" Daesung said, exasperated. CL sat again, this time, calm and collected.


Dara looked around. Almost all of BIGBANG were present except for one.


"Uhm, where is Jiyong?" She asked, trying so hard to sound calm and uncaring. Youngbae, however, saw through her act.


"He told us to let you guys know that he had business to attend to. He was called by YG-hyung to attend to some urgent business." Youngbae said calmly. CL frowned upon hearing his explanation.


"That's not like sajangnim at all. He knows how much Jiyong oppa cares for us and for sure he would like to see us before we go." CL said, a bit furious.


Minji looked at her shoes. "It wouldn't take long to see us out. I mean, two hours is not that big of a loss to the company, right?" She said, almost in a whisper. "Besides, wouldn't he want to see Dara-unnie before she goes?" Minji added.


Dara felt a stab in her heart. She smiled at her maknae, thanking her for her concern. "Ya, Minji. We know that Jiyong is a busy person, right? BIGBANG is set to release their comeback album and the perfectionist that he is, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to screw it up." She said, calmly.


Bom heaved a sigh which Seung Hyun noticed. "Come on. Our flight is being called." She motioned for the others to follow.


2NE1 and BIGBANG exited the lounge and went towards the boarding area. Before leaving, each exchanged long hugs, whispering sweet words of encouragement and personal messages. Youngbae whispered in Dara's ear just as the rest of 2NE1 entered the boarding area.


"I'm sure he wanted to see you today." He gently caressed her back before letting go of their hug. Dara looked at him with pained eyes.


"I seriously doubt that." She said before turning her back, leaving the place that broke her heart.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Outside the Incheon International Airport, Jiyong stood beside his white Bentley, watching an airplane flew to the sky, departing Korea along with the love he once had.