Go Away/ Don't Go Away

Go Away/ Don't Go Away

 

Stolen Moments


Ice cream. It was all because of ice cream.


I have always been a fan of chocolate ever since but upon coming to Japan, I had the nagging feeling of trying out the Wasabi ice cream in Ice Cream City. I came across that when I was surfing the net.


So there I was one cold, winter night, creeping out of our apartment to go to Ikebukuro. As soon as I was outside, I hastily made my way towards the street when a chilling hissing sound stopped me on my tracks.


"Where do you think you're going, noona?" An eerie voice came from my left side. I turned to see a face just inches away from mine.


"OMONA!" I yelled while clutching my heart. "Nichkhun!" I slapped him on the shoulder while he was laughing.


"Noona! Your face just now is priceless!" He said while clutching his chest and laughing hard. I crossed my arms and pouted at him.


"Hayyysst! I have no time for this!" I said as I began to walk away. He called out to me.


"Noona! Where are you going?" He called out. I turned around and briefly said, "Ice cream!" and started walking away.


I heard his footsteps coming near. "Ya! It's freezing cold and you're going to buy ice cream??" He asked me, giving me a look as if to say I'm crazy.


"I just had a craving for Wasabi ice cream." I informed him. He shook his head.


"It's past your curfew, noona." He reminded me. I wrinkled my nose at the reminder. He suddenly smiled mischievously, as if a brilliant idea had crossed his mind.


"Don't worry, noona. I won't rat on you." He told me with a wink. I eyed him suspiciously.


"As long as you'll take me with you!" He finished with a satisfied smile on his face. 


Aigoo... I meant to have this experience by myself but I guess it wouldn't hurt if I shared it with someone...


"Alright! Just don't say a word to anyone, ok? Especially to CL-roo. AiGOO!" I ordered him. I shuddered to think what my punishment would be if I get caught. Two weeks of doing the dishes? 






---------------------------------------------------------





We arrived at Ice Cream City after fifteen minutes. Since it was already past midnight, there weren't as much people lurking around.


I ordered Wasabi ice cream while he tried Soya Sauce ice cream. We were both surprised at how delicious, albeit, weird the ice cream tasted.


"Waaaaa! This is sooo good!" I exclaimed as we were walking the streets of Ikebukuro. I looked over to him and giggled as I saw him happily eating his ice cream like a little boy.


"You know what, noona? Even though my teeth are starting to ache from too much cold, this is just so good to pass!" He exclaimed while eating the ice cream. "This is just daebak!" I smiled brightly at him.


"I know!" I answered cheerfully. "Don't you just love my great ideas?" I giggled, proud of my discovery. He just shrugged.


"It was alright." He said normally. I jabbed his side with my elbow and we both started laughing.







--------------------------------------------------------






The following day, our group members discovered that we were both sick. I was coughing like hell while Nichkhun was down with the flu.


The members left us to practice in the company building. I insisted on joining the girls but they scolded me instead and told me to stay home and have enough rest. I was too weak to argue with them.


It was almost lunchtime when I realized that I badly needed medicine. I changed into decent clothes and texted Bommie.


Bomtaro! I'll be going out. Badly need medicine. @_@


I was still fixing my purse when I received a text.


Ssantoki! Don't forget to turn off the lights and lock the door, k?


Haayssst! What does she think I am, a toddler?
 "Ya Bomtaro!" I yelled to no one in particular.


I was about to lock the door when I heard a loud banging coming from the boys' apartment. I pressed my ear to the door, curious as to what caused the noise. I heard a loud bang again and got worried so I decided to check it out.


I knocked on the door. When I didn't get a reply, I knocked again, this time louder.


I wait a little more and started to walk away when I still didn't get a reply. I was about to enter the elevator when I heard a faint voice calling for me.


"Noona..." I turned around and saw Nichkhun squatting outside their apartment, hugging himself as if he was freezing. My heart ached a bit at the sight of him.


I turned back and approach him. He was still quatting, his head bowed down. I bent down and touched his forehead and almost immediately retracted my hand. Geesh! No wonder he's freezing. He's so hot! He looked up at me with pitiful eyes.


"Sorry about the noise earlier." He told me. "I'm so hungry but there was no food in the fridge so I decided to cook instead. The pan kept on slipping from my hand though." He explained weakly. I helped him get up.


"Come on. I'll cook something for us to eat." I told him as I led him to their apartment. "Just stay here, ok? I'll just get some ingredients." I left him in the couch and went inside our apartment. I got uncooked chicken, ginger, some garlic and onions and uncooked rice.


When I came back to 2PM's apartment, Nichkhun was still in the spot that I left him. He looked at me and smiled.


"Kanshamida." He thanked me. I coughed in reply. No, seriously, I just smiled mischievously at him.


"Thank me later if the food is edible." I joked. Nichkhun eyes grew wide and I couldn't help but laugh at his sudden panic.





---------------------------------------------------------------------




The arroz caldo turned out to be more than edible after all. I was surprised at how good my cooking was when it came to Filipino dishes.


"Noona, this is really good." Nichkhun's eyes lit up a bit. I brightened up as well despite my poor health at the time.


"Noona," He started. I looked up from my bowl of arroz caldo.


"Yes?" I asked him. He looked reluctant to ask his question. "Ya, Nichkhun!" I asked him again. He blinked a couple of times.


"Have you ever considered dating an idol?" He asked me, not looking in my eyes. A small gasp escaped my mouth.


"Why did you ask?" I replied, taking big spoonful of the porridge. He just shrugged casually.


"It's a question that's always been asked on-screen." He told me. "I guess I want to know if the answer's still the same if there are no more camera's rolling." He added. I looked at the window thoughtfully.


Where have I heard that question before?






"Dara..." Jiyong and I were walking by the Han River. I turned around and looked at him.

"Would you ever consider dating an idol?" He asked me. I found myself blushing at the question.

"Why do you wanna know?" I asked, unsure what to answer him. He bent down and picked up a small rock and observed it.

"Ya! Do you plan on dating an idol?" I asked him, not quite sure why I suddenly felt nervous. He looked at me thoughtfully.

"Neh." He stared at me, his eyes piercing through my soul. "I've been meaning to ask her for a long time now. I'm just not sure if she's ok with it." He answered, his gaze still in me. I felt a lump formed in my throat.

"Pabo!" I laughed nervously and slapped his arm. "How would you know if you wouldn't ask her?" I laughed again. He caught my hand and held it close to his heart.

"That's why I'm asking her now." He said softly, my hand still placed on top of his heart. I swear I could hear its loud heartbeat. Or was it mine that I was hearing?

I looked over the sun that was setting.

"I don't think I can date G-dragon." I told him honestly. I felt his grip loosening in my hand. But instead of letting go, I maintained my hand on his chest, feeling his heartbeat. I turned around to face him.

"Because I'm in love with Kwon Jiyong."






I looked at Nichkhun who was waiting for my reply. I heaved a sigh.


"I think dating an idol is complicated." I finally answered. "You'll encounter fan girls and fan boys, for one. No matter how many positive traits you show, some will still find a negative side to you to make you feel that you don't deserve their idol. Just one wrong move and you're branded for life." I explained. He looked at me thoughtfully and nodded.


"You have a point there." He said with a smile. He looked like he was still thinking about something.


"Having problems with Victoria?" I asked her. He shook his head.


"Ani." He answered simply. He continued eating his porridge without saying a word. 


We stayed like that for a few more minutes.





-----------------------------------------




It was around 3PM when Nichkhun complained that he was getting dizzy. I helped him to his bed and tucked him in. I was about to leave his room when I heard him murmur something.


"Omma..." He whispered. I looked at his pained expression and realized that he was getting delusional due to fever.


I went to the kitchen and prepared a towel and basin with ice cold water and alcohol. Upon returning to his room, I assisted him to get up. Once seated, I took off his shirt and damped the cold compress on his chest and back.


He was shy at first and tried to stop me from taking care of him but gave up when he realized I was stubborn as hell.


I helped him lay again on the bed and placed the cold compress on his forehead.


I was about to leave when he suddenly caught my left hand. I stopped on my tracks.


"Stay with me please, omma." He looked like a little boy pleading not to be left alone at home. I felt a tug in my heart.


"Noona's here." I bent and whisper to him. "I won't leave."


I sat beside his bed and let him hold my hand as we both drifted off to sleep.






------------------------------------------------




I didn't know what time it was when I woke up. All I could remember was the loud screaming of Junsu and loud murmurs of guys.


"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!"