Back to Korea... I am late!

That Thin Line

Hannah POV

 

     I just woke up at the noise of my alarm clock. It is already 4 o’clock in the afternoon and I still have 3 hours to make it to Leeteuk oppa’s birthday party. For others, three hours would be a plenty of time to get ready, as for me I should start getting ready now because I still have to find myself a cocktail dress for the party. We could have dropped by the shopping mall this morning when oppa fetch me at the airport but I forgot to tell him because my jet lag got the best out of me. I can’t even talk to him properly a while ago, how pitiful. It is the first time we have seen each other after 3 years and yet we didn’t have a proper conversation because I was sleeping the whole ride home. Being the understanding and caring oppa that he is, he still came to the airport to see me and take me home instead of preparing for the party later tonight. He also insisted on picking me up later for the party but I declined.

I hurriedly went downstairs and put my shoes on. “Eomma! I’ll be going. I still need to buy a dress for the party!” I yelled.

She emerged from the kitchen and kissed me on the cheek. “Take care sweetie. And give my kisses to Jungsoo.” She gave me those warm smiles that only a mother can pull off.

“I surely will. And Eomma, I’ll spend time with you and appa tomorrow, so don’t make plans of going out together, okay?” I told her and she just nodded.  “Are you sure you’re not going to the party? Oppa will be very happy if you can make it tonight.”

“Jungsoo will understand. He knows that I don’t like cocktail parties and I promised to organize a party for him and Heechul next week to make up for it. Just the members and us.” Eomma stated excitedly.

     I pondered; If it is next week then it will still not be the celebration that oppa is wishing for. The members aren’t complete since SJ-M is still on Taiwan until the third week of July. How did I know? Well I have to ask oppa, not that I am interested on the group’s whereabouts because Hyukjae  is there, I just have to know so that I can ready myself in case seeing him can’t be avoided. Yes, I hate that guy, but If having all the members in the party which means having him around too will make oppa happy, then I can’t do anything about it.

‘So it is still about Hyukjae.’  A part of my brain argued.

 Come on, I am not interested with the guy. I already moved on. I hate him remember? Yeah! I hate him. I really do! I swear. I just need to avoid him so I asked that to oppa.

‘Why avoid him? I thought you are so over him? Or was that a lie?”

Of course I am over him. I am just thinking for the best. After what happened, I don’t know how he will react if sees me, he might act as if nothing happened which I know is quite impossible because a lot of things happened or he might act like I am his greatest enemy and he just wish I don’t exist at all. I am unsure about a lot of things when it comes to Hyukjae and me.

                “Sweetie?”  My thoughts are interrupted by eomma. I looked at her at there’s this concerned look on her face. “Are you alright? I am asking you about the party for the two boys but I think you’re mind is somewhere else.”

                “I’m sorry I was just thinking about something.”

                “You want to talk about it?”

                “Aniyo. I am fine. It was just a random thought.” I lied. I don’t want her to be bothered and I will never tell her that I am still having these thoughts about Hyukjae or else she will force me to go back to him.

     My mon really likes Hyukjae for me, she was as devastated as I am after hearing the news of our break up. But back then, she just let things the way it is. The whole back-to-Hyukjae thing started when I came to Boston. Whenever I am sick and will call them, she was like ‘When you are here in Korea, I am not really bothered to leave you home even if you’re sick because I know Hyukjae is there. But now you’re in Boston alone.’ And when I told her about this music professor of mine who embarrassed me in front of everyone just because I came late for class, her line is,  ‘If hyukjae was there, he won’t allow anyone to hurt you’. She keeps on mentioning about Hyukjae every time, sometimes I would have second thoughts of calling her again. She is one of the reasons why forgetting about Hyukjae and my feelings for him has been very difficult for me. I definitely understand why she is like that, back then, Hyukjae has been the perfect boyfriend for me and could have been the perfect son-in-law for her. But because of that decision of mine to break up with him, everything was ruined.

                Thinking about everything gives me a major headache. So I decided to lay it off. There is a perfect time to ponder about things. Alone.

“Let’s talk about the party tomorrow, I’ll help you with the planning and we can ask eonni to help us too. As of now, I really have to go or else I’ll be late for the party.” I kissed her on the cheek and left the house hurriedly trying to shake all those thoughts away.

 

I am at the salon, getting my hair and make up done when my phone rang. When I checked it, Leeteuk oppa is calling so I answered.

“I know, I am late and I am really sorry, so don’t scold me.” I didn’t give him a chance to utter a word first. Apparently, I spend an hour searching for the right cocktail dress and I am thankful that I did because I found this really elegant one. Yup, I am a mall rat and I spend hours in buying my stuffs and I just can’t help it. I think oppa knows that so he just chuckled on the other line.

“I am not scolding you Hannah. Not yet.”

“I am not giving you any chance to.”

 “I know. So, you’ll be here by?”

“ Well, I am still at the salon, just a few more minutes and I am done. It was just a 10 minutes ride to the venue so maybe, I’ll be there in less than 30 minutes.” I told him.

“Heechul is on his way here from his schedule, I’ll ask him to pick you up.” This time, he is the one who didn’t give me any time to react.

My phone rang again. I thought it was oppa but the number is unregistered. Hesitantly, I answered the call.

“Where are you?” Seriously, does anyone know that phone ethics exist?

“Who is this?” I asked the guy from the other line.

“Park Hannah! You didn’t save my number on your phone?! This is Heechul oppa! Aish, this kid.” After hearing his irritated voice I finally recognized him.

“ Sorry, I forgot to ask Leeteuk oppa, and besides I am not sure if it’s okay with you If I asked him for your number.”

“Of course it is fine with me! Save my number now!” he demanded.

“I will, after this call.”

“Be sure. AISH! YOU ARE BEATING THE RED LIGHT YOU DUMB !!!” I winced because of his loud voice and swear. I think he is driving and was really irritated with some drivers on the road.  “Sorry about that, where exactly are you now?” I told him the name of the salon, good thing he knows where it is and asked me to meet him on a coffee shop that was just around the corner.

“Kamsahamnida.” I bowed at the stylist and started to make my way to the coffee shop. I am literally jogging because heechul oppa called me 10 minutes ago and told me that he is already there waiting for me. When I made it to the the door, a waiter blocked my way and politely asked if I need something. He literally blocked my way that is my first time to experience that. I mean, yes he is being polite but he is blocking me, other coffee shops won’t do that. After telling him that my friend is waiting for me inside, he smiled, step aside and opened the door for me. I find this kind of service really weird. I entered the shop and I saw oppa talking to someone, the guy’s back facing me. Oppa looks like he is complaining and keeps on looking on his watch. I just heard the other guy laughed at him that is when heechul oppa see me.

“Park Hannah, you are late!” He yelled. Good thing the place has no customers for the moment, I wonder why because the shop has this really good ambiance and the aroma of the coffee is every where. For a coffee lover like me, I’ll love to spend the whole day here.

“I’m sorry.” I told him with my puppy eyes. I guess it worked because he just sighed.

The other guy faced me and said, “ You are on lucky lady, Park Hannah. Kim Heechul never waited for someone for more than ten minutes but you made him to. Congratulations.” He smiled. This handsome guy is crazily familiar. “…middle school…no…junior high…High school!” I looked at him and I think I was right.

“Kwon Jinyoung? Jinyoung from High school?! Right?”

“I thought you would not get it. Nice to see you again, Hannah.” I shrieked and ran to hug him. I am really happy to see him. He is one of my good friends back in high school, together with Donghae.  Yeah, that is why a lot of girls envied me in high school. Two of the cutest guys in class are my friends. Donghae made it to the entertainment world because of his looks and talent. I wonder why Jinyoung never gained interest on it. I am sure he will make it big too. But knowing this guy, he hates the limelight. And he values his privacy the most.

“Nice to see you too. You’re looking good! Now I am thinking… can I court you?” I joked and he laughed at it.

“You are still the same Hannah, except for the fact that you have gone a lot prettier and stunning.” He winked at me.

“That’s why I love you, Jinyoung ah. You never tell lies.”

“And that’s the reason, why the two of you are friends. Both of you are crazy.” Heechul oppa interrupted. “I will just remind you that we are an hour late for the party, and the old man is now calling.” He said pertaining to Leeteuk oppa.

“Yeah, we’re on our way. I know what to do. I’ll take care of it.” He ended the call and grab my hand. “Let’s go!”

“Jinyoung ah, I’ll visit you some other time. We have lots of talking to do.” I waved at Jinyoung.

“We sure do. Enjoy the party! And Heechul hyung!” He looked at his watch. “You owe me a big amount for my supposed to be profit for the past 20 minutes.”

“That’s what friends are for.” Heechul oppa smirked and Jinyoung just smiled and shook his head.

“What does that mean?” I asked oppa when we made it to his car.

“He never let any customers get inside the coffee shop the moment I told him that I am coming. He always does that when any of the members is coming. Either that or he’ll let us stay on his office inside the shop.”

“He owns that coffee shop? Wow, I really need to do a lot of catching up. I think a lot of things change for the past 5 years.”

“But there are things that will never change.  As much as you wanted to change it, it can’t be done. And you just ended up fooling yourself.” He said meaningfully. Why do I have this feeling that those words are for me? Too perfect for me.                                

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed the update. Eunhyuk will appear on the next chapter :) 

And about Jinyoung... he is just a character of mine. He is close friends with Hannah and the suju members, you'll get to know more of him soon... that is if you are interested... XP   

 

Enjoy reading :) and please leave comments.. I really appreciate it!