A Promise

That Thin Line

HYUKJAE POV

 

When Hannah went out of the dressing room with the others, I signaled the stylist and our managers to leave me, the members and the twins inside the room. As soon as they went out, I carried the twins and sat them on the table while the other guys are behind me watching the whole scene. I placed my hands on their sides making sure that they won’t fall. I stared at my boys for a few seconds as I gather my thoughts and started rehearsing my lines in my head. They just stared back at me with their confused doe eyes.

“Hyung, are you going to have a staring competition with your sons?” Kyuhyun chuckled.

“Shut up maknae! Can’t you see that he is starting to be really nervous?” Heechul hyung reprimanded Kyuhyun but he is making fun of me just the same. I glanced at the mirror at the back of the kids and saw the members silently laughing at me.I glared at them and focused my attention back to the kids. I exhaled roughly trying to ease the tension that is building inside of me.

“Apppa~~!” The twins whined when the air that I exhaled reached their faces. I heard the guys’ chuckle behind me.

“Can you guys get out of this room first?” I snapped at them. I think I won’t be able to finish this talk with them around.

“I want to watch.” Kyuhyun insisted but the rest of the guys pushed him outside, giving me the time that I needed.

With a final sigh, I started my spiel.

“Jiyoon ah, Jihoon ah…”

“Appa…” They replied and I chuckled.

“Appa wants to ask for your permission.” I said nervously.

“Eat sssholates?” Jiyoon asked.

“No, not that.” I ruffled his hair.

“Eommy said ask per-mi- uhm… that… when eat ssholate.” He explained as he stared back at me.

“Not ssholate? Uhm… Play Ipad?” Jihoon pondered. I shook my head with a smile.

“No… I want to ask your permission to marry your eommy.” I told them but they just stared at me as if saying that they don’t have any idea what I am talking about.

“Do you want to stay with appa and eommy forever?” I asked them instead.

“For-e-ver?” They asked and I nodded.

“Yup. That means today, tomorrow,the day after tomorrow...always.” I explained.

“Play everyday?” They beamed and I just smiled at them and they took it as a confirmation.

“We want playmates!” Jihoon exclaimed.

“Kyuhyun ashushi said eommy and appa will give us playmates.” Jiyoon said excitedly. That guy!

“Of course, but I need to marry eommy first. Will you let appa marry eommy?” I asked them.

“Then we have playmates?” Jihoon asked.

“Like Jieun and Jaehyun?” Jiyoon added.

“Yes.”

“Promish?” They beamed.

“Promise.” I ruffled their hair and they clapped their hands.

“Okay!” They replied enthusiastically and gave me a thumbs up. It is just funny how I got their approval. When I asked for Hannah’s hand from her family, they made me promise to love and take care of her and the kids. But for the kids’ approval, they made me promise to give them playmates.

“Pinky promise.” I said and offered my finger to them. They link their smallest finger with mine to seal our promise.

“Now, give appa a high five.” I said and they happily obliged while giggling throughout the process.

“And before I forgot.” I said and took something from my pocket, two necklaces with our couple ring as a pendant for each. I sneakily took Hannah’s ring early this morning letting her think that she lost it so that I can give it to the twins. Since we will be having a new set of ring soon, might as well give it to the twins as a memorable gift for their third birthday tomorrow. Yeah, I definitely remembered.

“Waaah!” The boys’ eyes twinkled.

“Advance Happy Birthday!” I said and placed it in their necks. They examined it with round eyes.

“Thank you, appa!” They said and I was surpised with their sudden hug that I took a step back because of the force.

“Woah! That was close!” I said and hugged both of them back. I sat them back to the table after a few seconds.

“But! We have to keep this as a secret to eommy okay? You can’t tell her.” I reminded them as I zip their jackets up to their neck to hide the necklace. “Don’t show eommy, okay?” I said and they both nodded.

“Good boys! Let’s go?” I smiled as I helped them to get back on their feet.

When I opened the door, I saw the rest of the boys waiting for us outside with Sora noona, Inyoung noona and the kids.

“Yoon!”“Hoon!” Jieun and Jaehyun ran towards their cousins. The twins are about to open their jackets but on the last second they looked at me and fixed it back. I smiled at them and ruffled their hair. Thank God for having obedient sons.

“Ready?” I asked everyone.

“Are YOU ready?” Leeteuk hyung asked back.

“Been waiting for this. Let’s go!” I told everyone and they cheered back.

“Good luck!” The noonas hugged everyone before going outside with the kids.

 

 

HANNAH POV

 

I went to my designated seat with Seyoon seated beside me, Victoria and Nichkhun on the other side, SNSD and Shinee behind us and a few more empty seats on our row. I figured out for whom it was when finally the owners of the seat came 10 minutes before the concert, the seat are for my parents, Inyoung eonni and her family plus Hyukjae's parents and Sora eonni. I was relieved when they arrived with the twins.

"We went backstage, Hyukjae asked me to take the kids here." Sora eonni informed me.

"Thanks." I smiled at her and she hugged me tightly.

“I should be the one thanking you.” She said leaving me confused but I didn’t have the time to ask her because she went to her seat in an instant.

 

"So this is how it feels to get the VIP seat." Someone spoke from behind.

"Yoomi!" I shrieked and hugged her.

"You owe me a lot of explanation you sneaky girl!" She squinted. "Oh here they are!" She said and squatted in front of the twins. "So boys, you'll study on Auntie Yoomi's school, okay?" She patted their head.

"Discount?" I asked.

"I am not as rich as Jinyoung so… NO. Besides you got someone who earns quite a fortune my dear, don't be too stingy!" She rolled her eyes and both of us laughed. I introduced Seyoon and Yoomi to each other and they get along pretty well.

"Eommy, you want to stay with appa forever?" Jiyoon suddenly asked with expecting eyes.

"Do you?" I asked back and they nodded enthusiastically.

"We all want to, right?" I said and both of them beamed.

I scanned the venue, everyone is pretty excited. From the fans, friends and the family members. I have this feeling that the concert will be perfect.

“Hey, it is really not that cold her. You can open your jacket, boys.” I told them and I was about to open Jiyoon’s when he stopped my hand and shook his head.

“You don’t want to?” I asked and he nodded. “Okay, if that is what you want. How about you Jihoon?” I asked the other one and he also shook his head while holding the collar of his jacket. I was about to ask them what is wrong but the event started and the song Mr. Simple filled the air.

Of course as expected, the twins jump off their seat and started dancing to the tune of the song, snatching some of the people’s attention from the actual performers. Who can blame them, Super Junior might be charismatic and y, but my boys are a lot cuter than them.