A ride with a meddler friend.

That Thin Line

Hannah POV                                                                                                                                                                 

"Hyukjae ah!" I yelled while getting down the stairs. I didn't see him on the living room so I checked on the kitchen, the guy has this habit of rummaging our fridge and I was right. I saw him sitting there sleeping peacefully, I am having second thoughts if I should wake him up. I placed the bowl of strawberries back to the fridge and brought his empty cup to the sink.

"Hyukjae ah..." I shook his arms to wake him up.

He sat up slowly and rubbed his eyes.

"You can use the room up stairs if you still want to take a nap." I said worriedly. This guy looks like he needs a lot of rest now. I didn't realize it earlier but I can clearly see his tired facade now that I am finally in my elements.

"I am fine. Let's go?" He said and pulled me outside dragging my stuffs along.

I decided to shut up the whole time, I don't want him to waste his energy teasing or snapping back at me. Most of the times, I can see him yawning secretly.                                             

"Hannah, are you mad at me?"

He asked. His eyes still on the road.

"Of course not. Why did you think I am?"

"Because you are not saying a thing since I started driving."

"Just save your energy, Hyukjae. If I say a thing, I'm sure we will end up teasing each other again."

"Just talk, Hannah." He yawned.

"I have nothing to say."

"Please? I might fall asleep while driving. I haven't had enough sleep these past few days."

Then suddenly his phone rang.  I checked the screen and it is Leeteuk oppa.

"Answer it."

"Why me?"

"I am driving." He stated so I answered the call.

"Hyukjae ah! Where are you? You have a schedule 3 hours from now! Manager hyung is going crazy waiting for you." Oppa said in the other line.

"Oppa...He's driving. We are on our way to the dorm."

"Hannah? Aish! I told him that I will be the one to fetch you if he is busy today. He didn't tell me that he have schedules."

 "I thought you asked him to fetch me?"

"I did. But I told him that I'll take care of it if he is busy. Aish, that guy!" He said frustratedly.

"Hyung! Manager hyung and Donghae hyung already left!" I heard Kyuhyun shouted at the other line.

"They left hyukjae?"

"They didn't want to be late. Manager said that he should make it there on time." Kyuhyun explained.

"Hannah, can you pass the phone to Hyukjae?"

"No, he is driving."

I heard oppa sighed on the other line.

"Just tell him to drive fast and drop you on the dorm's lobby. He still has to drive for two and a half hours after that to make it on Gang won do for his schedule."

"Gang won do!!??" I shrieked.

Hyukjae muttered a curse before checking his watch, I think he totally forgot about his schedule.

This guy has to drive for 2 hours all the way from Seoul to that place because his manager left him. All because he fetched me at home. 2 hours? He is too wasted to drive that long for crying out loud!

“Got it.” I replied briefly before ending the call.

“You didn’t tell me that you have schedules to attend to.”

“It slipped my mind, I swear.”

“Stop the car.”

“What? Hannah, I will never leave you here. I’ll take you to the dorm myself.” He refused.

“Just stop this damn car, Lee Hyukjae!” I shouted in frustration. He stopped the car on the side of the road. I opened the door and went out.

 

“Yah! Where do you think you are going?”

Instead of answering him, I went to the driver’s side and opened the door.

“Move.” I said pushing him to the passenger’s seat and settled myself to the driver’s seat.

“What are you doing?”

“I’ll drive.” I answered while fastening my seatbelt. “Give me the exact location of the shoot.” I told him.

“Hannah, you don’t have to do this. I can make it on my own, I just have to drop you off at the dorm

first.”

I glared at him. “Address?”

“Hannah…”

“Don’t make me repeat myself, Hyukjae.” I warned.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

He took his phone from the dashboard and read the address as I punched it on his car's GPS system. Thank god this thing exists.

"Hannah, Gang won do is a 2 hour drive from here or even longer. You have slept for less than 4 hours only, driving that long will drain all your energy."

"Well, my 4 hours is better than your 20 minutes. Stop thinking about me, just sleep and recharge yourself."

"But..."

"Don't worry, I am a great driver unlike Leeteuk oppa, you will arrive there safe." I assured him.

"I am not worrying about that. Are you sure you are okay with it?"

"Yup, so just take a rest. I can sleep later while you are filming, anyway." I think he was satisfied with what I said and after a hesitant look, he closed his eyes and in a couple of seconds he is already sleeping.

"Sleep well, Hyukjae." I muttered and concentrated on my driving.

 

 

 

EUNHYUK POV

As soon as the filming ended, I ran straight to my car living Seunghwan hyung and Donghae behind.  The filming lasted for 5 long hours and I am worried that Hannah is not comfortable sleeping at the back seat of my car. I opened the door and relief flooded my system when I saw her peacefully sleeping while hugging my pillow. I swear I won't let anyone touch that pillow again except for her.

I decided to take charge in driving now and let her sleep more on our way back. I took my coat off and used it as her blanket making sure that I will not wake her up on the process.


"Hyukjae ah! Why are you in a hurry?" I suddenly heard Donghae shouted while running towards me.

"Aish! Donghae, you are too loud!" I reprimanded him because he might wake her up but too bad he already did. Hannah sat up lazily and rubbed her eyes.

"Oh! Hannah, you are here too?" Oh yeah, I forgot to tell Donghae that Hannah is with me.  

Hannah nodded and waved at Donghae.

"Annyeong!" She greeted briefly before yawning.

I went to the driver's side and opened the door. "Donghae, tell Seunghwan hyung that I'll be going first, see you guys at the dorm." I told him before settling myself on the driver's seat. I was about to start the car when Donghae sat at the back seat beside Hannah and closed the door.

"What are you doing?"

"I'll join you guys, wherever you are going." He replied looking at Hannah's luggage. "Does Leeteuk hyung know that you are taking his sister away?"

" Can anyone please remind me why I am friends with Lee Donghae?!" Hannah exclaimed.

"Where are you planning to take her?" He asked me not minding Hannah.

"At the dorm." I replied with a shrug. I think Donghae had managed to create a story in his head right now on what is happening.

"Bring her somewhere else! Siwon will surely give a sermon about you guys living together without the sacrament of marriage if he finds out!" He exclaimed. See that? Donghae and his imaginations.

 

Hannah smacked his head.

"Who gave you the idea that we are planning to live together? Aish. You have this habit of jumping into conclusions like Heechul oppa!" She said.

"What are those baggages for, then?" Donghae asked and I explained everything to him.

"Ahh... So you are staying for us for about a month or two."

"Yes, so treat me well while I am there." She retorted.

"Of course, Your Highness." Donghae replied with a bow.

"Now that everything is cleared and you are sure that we are not eloping together, can you please leave the car so we can go now?" I asked him.

Instead of going out, he sat comfortably and replied. "I am heading home too, so let us go home together. Drive now, ppali." He instructed.

"What am I? Your driver?" I asked. If we went off like this, I will really look like a driver with the two of them at the backseat as my boss.

"I'll seat beside you." Hannah volunteered and sat on the passenger seat.

"Do you want to eat an early dinner first?" I asked Hannah after she settled her self beside me.

"No, I am fine. Let us just order take out and eat dinner with the other guys at the dorm." She suggested and I nodded.

"Donghae, tell Ryeowook not to cook because I'll order take out." I said and he was rather shock to hear it from me.

"Are you sick or what?" He asked me. "You are actually buying dinner for us? For real?" I glared at him and he shifted his gaze to Hannah. "Oh... I see!" He grinned and took his phone out.

I started driving when Hannah spoke. "Hyuk, can I ask you a favor?"

"Spill."

"I know that you are quite busy but I think I need your help with the song that I am working on. I am planning to add a rap part, can you help me with it?" She asked.

"Sure. I won't be that busy on the next days anyway." I agreed immediately as I shifted gears.

“Thanks, Hyukjae!" She said happily.

"Anything for you." I replied teasingly. "I would appreciate a thank you kiss, though." I added and she just laughed at it.

I adjusted the rear view mirror and saw Donghae with a knotted forehead as if he is thinking what is going on.


"Hey, love birds! I am here in case you forgot. I do exist, you know. You are having your own world now." Donghae said sarcastically.

"Oh wait! You guys are actually talking like the old times... Don't tell me..." He added while eyeing me and Hannah.

"What?" Hannah and I exclaimed at the same time.

"You are back together, aren't you?!" He said excitedly. "Right?Right?"


"No we are not." I said. We didn’t tell the guys that the two of us finally talked about everything. They might ask random questions if we did and we wouldn’t want that to happen. Thank God that they are quite drunk when we came back that night and I think they didn’t really notice that we left.

"Oh come on! Be honest!"

"We are friends." Hannah replied.

"Friends? Are you nuts?!"

"What is wrong with being just friends?" I asked him.

"Are you guys serious about it?"

"Of course! We are doing great actually, right Hyukjae?" Hannah asked with a smile and I nodded.

"Why don't you try dating again while you are at it." Donghae suggested.

"No need for that. We are fine being like this." I answered for both of us.

 

Hannah and I actually talked about this and we decided not to let the guys meddle with our situation by telling them that we decided to be friends after everything. It is too obvious that they are shipping us together but we want to do things on our own by starting all over again.

"No! I mean you should still try to work things out. Give yourselves another chance." Donghae said. Hannah and I looked at each other and just shrug.

"Yah, answer me."

"Just be thankful that we are friends now."

"I am actually planning to have Hyukjae as my best friend now, is that okay with you?" Hannah asked. I am sure that she is making fun of Donghae.

"No! Even Jinyoung will not let that happen! He can be your boyfriend or even husband but I'll be your only best friend!" He whined and I swear it was hard to stop myself from laughing.

"I'll think about it."

Donghae keeps on complaining and insisting that we should start dating again but Hannah and I was consistent on saying that we are just friends and nothing more. :p  

 

 

 

---------------------------

Sorry for the late updates! My internet connection for more than a week! :(

Good thing was, I was able to update a lot during those days... Copy and Paste thing now^^

I would really appreciate your comments.

having 43 subscribers is sooooo great. I love you all!

Gonna post more chapters.

Comments are loved. please?

New subscribers, hope you enjoy the story! *Bear HUG* ;)