A new suitor?

That Thin Line

Hannah POV

 

I’ve been staying with the guys for almost a week now and everything is going on smoothly. I am almost finished with the songs with the help of Leeteuk oppa. I just need to work with Hyukjae on the rap part of it. Surprisingly, the members aren’t fussing over Hyukjae and me and the teasing became less, maybe because of their busy schedules or maybe because they already know that we decided to be friends. It is a relief I must say but why do I have this feeling that they are up to something again? You can’t blame me for thinking that way, these guys always use their brilliant minds on doing pranks and setups  and I’ve been a victim myself for numerous times. Or I am just being paranoid?

It is my fifth day leaving at the dorm with Leeteuk oppa, Heechul oppa, Shindong oppa and Donghae on the 12th floor while the other members are at the 11th. I am busy preparing our breakfast when Donghae barged in the kitchen.

“Aaaaaahhhh! Tempura~” He sat on the table and is about to get a piece of the fried shrimp when I tapped his hand and took the plate away from him.

“No one can eat until everybody else is here.” I told him and he pouted.

“That smell is heaven! What’s for breakfast?” Shindong oppa asked while rubbing his stomach.

“Tempura!” Donghae replied excitedly. The guy really loves seafood.

“Donghae, go and wake up Heechul oppa and Leeteuk oppa so we can eat breakfast.” I said while setting the table.

“Heechul hyung is already up, but he is busy playing starcraft on his room. We can’t disturb him since it is a rematch with Kyuhyun. About Leeteuk hyung,  we both know that he wouldn’t budge a bit even if we try to wake him up now. He will surely wake up in his own time. Can we eat now?” He asked after explaining and I just nodded. If we will wait for those two, we will end up starving.

The three of us are busy chatting while eating breakfast when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it.” Shindong oppa volunteered and when he came back he is already holding a basket of red roses.

I’ve been receiving these kinds of stuffs for three consecutive days from the same guy. The first time I received it, no card or dedication was attached so we thought that it is from Hyukjae. I confronted him about it and reminded him that he can’t be that obvious if he wants to court me because the guys might end up teasing the two of us again. But he told me that he didn’t send me any. The following day, another basket of flowers came and finally there is a card attached. Everyone was surprised because no one expected that the flowers came from him. But what surprised me the most is that except for Hyukjae, almost all of them seemed to be fine with it. I mean, hello? They’ve been shipping Hyukjae and me from the very beginning and here comes another guy showing his interest on me but they are not bothered at all.

Donghae took the card and read it loudly. “Flowers for a beautiful lady. I’ll wait for you here at the café. Jinyoung. Smiley.”

I knotted my forehead on the last word.

“There is a smiley.” He explained while pointing at the smiley drawing. I nodded not really minding the flowers and continued eating.

“He is really serious in courting you, huh? I never expected that this day will come.” Donghae commented with a laugh.

“Yeah.” I replied with a bored look.

“Don’t you like it?” Shindong oppa asked but I just shrugged my shoulders. What I need right now is a serious talk with Jinyoung. That guy! Is he on drugs or what? Aish! I totally lost my appetite because of this and seeing Donghae and Shindong oppa eating happily makes me more frustrated.

“Oh! Hyukjae ah! You are here again? You enjoy visiting us these past few days huh?” I heard Leeteuk oppa from the living room. I tried to control myself from standing on my seat upon hearing his name.

“Yesung hyung’s mother brought some kimchi. They asked me to bring some here.” Hyukjae reasoned as they walk in the dining. He smiled as soon as he saw me so I smiled back warmly.

 “She was just a little gloomy a while ago.” Donghae mumbled to himself but I heard him.

“Who sent those?” Leeteuk oppa asked pointing at the flowers.

“Who else? Jinyoung.” Donghae replied with a grin and Leeteuk oppa’s mouth formed into an ‘O’ before smiling.

“You should give that guy a chance Hannah, right Hyukjae?” Oppa said but Hyukjae didn’t reply. He just stared at me with that expression which bothers me a lot. I stood up from my seat and decided to get out.

“You haven’t finished your food yet.” Hyukjae reminded me.

“I am full, besides I have to go somewhere.” I replied.

“Yeah! She will meet Jinyoung at the café.” Donghae butted in and he just nodded.

“Hannah, bring the flowers on your room.” Leeteuk oppa instructed.

“Just put it there. I don’t like flowers in my room.” I told him and stormed out of the dining.

I was already in the living room when Hyukjae called me. He actually followed me so I turned around to face him.

“Are you going to accept Jinyoung?” He asked almost in a whisper.

“Why are you asking me this?” I replied.

“We are friends, right? I thought I have the right to know and besides I told you that I will make you fall for me but if you are going to accept him, I will stop bothering you. Jinyoung is a great guy and you’ve been close for years, it is possible that you will fall for him. I can’t compete if that’s the case.” He said then he sighed. I can sense that he is having a hard time saying those things to me.

I took a step closer to him and held his face using both of my hands as I look at him in the eyes.

“You are a great guy yourself, Hyukjae. Put that in mind.” I told him and continued, “I’ll be back later and we will finish the song. Wait for me. Arasseo?”

 He nodded and cleared his throat then he took something from the back pocket of his jeans.

“I planned to give this to you but since you said that you don’t like flowers on you room, I’ll just leave it here.” He said while arranging the three pieces of blue tulips on the center table. I smiled, he can still remember what my favorite flower is.

“How did you manage to hide that?” I asked with a laugh.

“I put it on my back pocket and hid it under my shirt.” He explained while scratching his head.

“You’re so smart, huh?” I commented mimicking his famous line on Super Junior’s Fullhouse and he managed to laugh.

“See you later, okay?” I told him before going to my room. I stopped on my tracks and went back when I remembered something.

“Problem?” He asked worriedly.

“Yeah, I forgot this.” I said and took the tulips from the vase. As I turn my back from him, I see him smile… A smile that reached his eyes. I headed to my room smiling to myself looking at the flowers on my hand.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------

Updates are coming... just hang in there.. hahaha..

Who watched Suju's Don't don performance during smtown Paris on youtube (Smtown official)? Daaang~! It was great! hahaha