Permission and conditions

That Thin Line

 

“Babe~ come on. I will be away just for two months.” Hannah explained as she trailed behind Hyukjae.

“JUST TWO MONTHS??!!! THAT IS FREAKIN’ TWO MONTHS, HANNAH!” Hyukjae exclaimed and turned to her without warning. As she was trailing close behind him,  the girl bumped into his chest hard.

“Aw!” Hannah mumbled rubbing her forehead.

“What do you think you are doing following me around?” The guy asked with a knotted forehead as he replaced Hannah’s hand with his and started checking her forehead.

“How am I supposed to talk to you properly if you are walking around?” She snapped.

“My decision is a NO. There is nothing to talk about.” He said and went straight to the couch and sat there.

“Stop being unreasonable Hyukjae!” Hannah exclaimed in frustration. She stood in front of him, hands in her waist.

“Now I am being unreasonable.” He replied with a bitter smile.

“Yes. I told you that I need to go because I need to supervise the preparations for the musical. Is it that hard to understand?”

“You can ask Nichkhun to do the supervision himself!” Hyukjae said not even looking at Hannah. He took his phone out and started fumbling with it. He is really not comfortable having an argument with Hannah. He hated every second of it because of the negative vibe surrounding them and especially because Hannah is starting to be upset. He hated himself for letting her feel that way but he can’t just let her leave.

“That is my job, Hyukjae!” Hannah retorted.

“Then leave your job, stop working and I will just provide everything for you and the kids.” He suggested while trying not to look at Hannah’s distressed face by focusing his attention in his Iphone, playing Angry Birds.

“I am not going to leave my job just because you told me to!  And I will still go to Boston even if you won’t let – YAH! Listen to me!” She exclaimed when she saw that Hyukjae was busy on his phone… Playing???!!!

“I am listening and my answer is still a NO.”  He glanced at Hannah for a while and shifted his attention back to his phone. The gesture irked Hannah resulting for her to snatch his phone away and threw it to the couch behind her.

“YAH! Why did you do that?” Hyukjae exclaimed as he stood up from his seat to get his phone.

“I am talking to you!” Hannah pushed him back to his seat. From where does her energy come from? She has no idea.

“We are done talking and you are not going back to Boston.” Hyukjae said with a tone of finality.

“Oh yes, I am going and that is my decision. I am just informing you.” Hannah said as she placed her hands on the side of the couch, leaning towards Hyukjae and trapping him.

“No. You are not going there and you are not taking the twins with you.” Hyukjae stared back at her, fighting her dominance.

“You know what? You really are unreasonable!” Hannah straightened up and glared at Hyukjae. The guy stood up the same.

“Just because I won’t let you go?” He spatted and they started yelling at each other.

“That is my job!”

“The twins and you will be a thousand miles away! DAMN IT”

“It wouldn’t take forever! Just two months!”

“Yeah, right! IN’ two long months!”

“Will you stop swearing! You can visit us there if you want!”

“How can I possibly visit you if a mere flight there would almost last a day? I don’t have that much free time!”

“It isn’t my fault that you are that busy!”

 “But your fault is that you are leaving me again!”

“Hannah noona---“

“WHAT?!!!” Both Hannah and Hyukjae exclaimed and snapped their head in Kyuhyun’s direction when he interrupted their ‘talk’.

“I was just going to ask where the stock of toiletries is. The bottle of shampoo is already… empty.” Kyuhyun said cautiously looking at the two with a bottle of shampoo in his hand. Upon seeing their irritated faces, he decided to bail out since he is pretty sure that the two is in a middle of an argument when he butted in.

“Don’t mind me… Please continue.” He said and dashed back to the guest room totally confused with what his noona and hyung was arguing about. They seemed okay last night.

With a sigh, Hyukjae looked back to Hannah and after a few seconds of staring at each other, he dragged her to ‘their’ room before they can even start another round of argument finally realizing that other people are at earshot. Good thing the twins are having their afternoon nap.

As soon as they entered the room, Hyukjae closed the door and pinned Hannah with both of his hands on her side, caging her.

“Is this all about what happened in the past, Hyukjae?” Hannah mumbled not looking at Hyukjae.

“Look-“

“I thought we decided to forget about it?” She said in a verge of crying. Suddenly, all her energy was drained because of that argument with him.

Hyukjae held her face and gently urged her to look at him. When she did, he cursed and almost punched himself upon seeing the look on Hannah’s eyes and the tears threatening to fall. He initially planned to console her but ended up hugging her tightly. When she started crying silently, he caressed her hair and kissed the top of her head while mumbling ‘Sorry’ a few times.

After a moment, Hannah inhaled and exhaled to calm herself. After composing herself she stared wiping the tears on her eyes and cheeks but Hyukjae beat her to it. He wiped the tears softly and Hannah can see the guilt across his face.

“Why are you apologizing? We are just arguing a moment ago.” She said in a low tone.

“Because you started crying. I can’t handle that.” He caressed her face and with a sigh, he confessed. “Honestly, I can’t stand having an argument with you because I might end up punching myself for upsetting you. Sorry for bringing up the past, it was just because what is happening now reminds me of it and I am afraid to lose you again much more this time because we have the twins.”

“You are not going to lose us. I am going there for work and I am coming back after Nichkhun and Victoria’s wedding. And since you are invited in the wedding, we can go back here together.”

“I am afraid that you might not want to go back.”

“Well then, I am giving you the authority to drag me back here if I refused to go back. Which I think will never happen because my life is here.” Hannah managed to smile and caressed Hyukjae’s face.

Hyukjae thought for a moment while Hannah is anticipating for his decision, hoping that he will agree this time. Taking into consideration the talk he had with LSM and his condition, he thought that the idea of letting her go to Boston isn’t that bad.

 “Okay then---“ Hyukjae started.

“Yes! Thank you!” Hannah exclaimed excitedly and pecked him on the lips.

“I am not yet finished! I am having this feeling that you are happy to leave me here!” Hyukjae squinted.

“Of course not! I am just happy that you are back to your rational self.” Hannah smiled.

Hyukjae shook his head and pulled Hannah closer to him.

“I am allowing you to go to Boston with the twins with a condition that—“

“You made it sound like I am a teenager asking for her parent’s approval to attend the graduation party.” Hannah mumbled.

“I am trying to be rational here so be quiet and listen.” Hyukjae said and kissed Hannah when she pouted. “Do that again and I am sure we are not going to finish this talk.” He warned.

“Okay, go on. Appa Hyuk.” Hannah said sarcastically and Hyukjae just rolled his eyes with a smile on his lips.

“Number one-“

“Wait! I thought you are just having one condition.” Hannah complained.

“You will listen or I will not allow you to go?” Hyukjae asked and he smiled when Hannah gestured zipping shut.

 

 

HYUKJAE POV

“One. Phone calls. I will call you everyday, maybe more than once to check on you and the kids and you should. I will repeat that. SHOULD answer my calls. And no, I won’t let you complain about international call fees so just zip it.” I said because I am more than sure that she will complain on how costly that condition is.

“If you failed to answer at least five consecutive calls in one day. I will immediately fly to Boston and I mean it so always keep your phone with you.” Hannah widened her eyes still keeping shut. I bet she is thinking how incredulous that condition was.

“Two. Skype. I will inform you when I am available.” I said and she nodded.

“Three. If there is an emergency, I am hoping that there wouldn’t be any, contact me immediately.”

“Four. You told me that the musical preparations that you will supervise will just last for two weeks. After the preparations and the first stage of the musical, I want you to come back here with the twins.” I said and she tried to complain with shut. I find it funny how she is really serious on not commenting until I finish my conditions.

“Don’t worry about your friend’s wedding, of course we will attend. Together. We will just fly to Boston again for that.” I explained earning another knot on her forehead. “No, it is not costly. Besides, I need to cut a little amount from my savings since it is increasing rapidly lately.” I said smugly, being stingy really has its benefits. Hannah rolled her eyes and motioned me to continue.

“Five. You can’t get out at night without Nichkhun around you. That means you can’t get out with just Victoria. It is dangerous.”

“Six. No alcohol. I am not there to assist you. No other person can assist you when you are drunk aside from me. You know what I mean.” I grinned at her. Maybe she can’t stand not commenting anymore so she took her phone out from her pocket and typed something on it.

I stopped drinking alcohol after that! Is what she typed.

“That is better. It is not good for you.” I commented. “Seven.” After hearing that, Hannah typed on her phone again.

You want me to write everything so that we can sign it afterwards? *sarcasm*

 “No need. I know you are memorizing it by heart.” I laughed and kissed the tip of her nose.

“Seven. No other boys. I am not there to keep them at bay so do it on your own. I know you are good at it.” I glanced at her and she is smiling smugly. “I admit, I am the jealous type. You don’t have to smile like that.” I commented.

“Eight. Take care of yourself and the kids. Don’t skip meals and have a good rest everyday.” I said as I tucked a few strands of her hair at the back of her ears.

“Nine. Always remember that I love you and always tell the kids I love them.” I told her looking straight in her eyes as I ‘’ . “Now talk.”

“I LOVE YOU!” She squealed and gave me a tight hug that made me want to regret my decision. I really can’t stand being away from her and the kids.

 Hyukjae, they will be back after two weeks. It is a part of your condition. I reminded myself. With that in mind, I managed to smile and hug her back.

“Oh! And Ten!” I said and Hannah broke the hug and groaned as a sign of protest.

“You are not yet finished?” She complained.

I held her face close to mine and said. “Ten. Love Lee Hyukjae above all men in this world.”

She smiled. “I’ve been doing that for quite sometime, can’t think of anything harder?”

“Don’t you consider loving me a hard task?” I asked.

“Loving you is never a task. And even if it is, I will gladly do it even how hard it is.” She said and I can feel myself melting in her arms.

“I love you.” I mumbled and kissed her with all my heart.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------

What is the best thing to do when you are on leave? Sit down in front of your computer and check for updates while blasting the speakers with A-CHA! hahaha... This is life.

An update for you guys! Enjoy! :)