Taking good care of a stubborn guy.

That Thin Line

HANNAH POV

 

I was walking back and forth at the living room thinking of how things will turn out when the doorbell rang. I hurriedly opened the door and was surprised to see Leeteuk oppa and Heechul oppa helping Hyukjae to balance himself.

“Oh my God!” I opened the door widely and I guided them to one of the rooms. I was so worried that I didn’t mind having Heechul oppa around or even dare to ask Leeteuk oppa why he is with him.

“Sorry, I need to drag Hyukjae here so I ask Heechul for help.” 

“Since when is he having a fever?” I asked them as I walk to the bathroom to get a basin of water and a face towel.

“Just this morning. He is working non stop because he wanted to clear his schedules for the weekend.” Leeteuk oppa replied.

I just manage to reply with a nod because I was busy wiping the sweat off of Hyukjae’s face.

“Sorry, baby.” Hyukjae said with difficulty.

“Stop talking, Hyukjae and just take a rest. You are not going out of this room until I say so.” I said and he just held my hand.

“Just stay here.” He said before coughing. I rubbed his back and I noticed that his shirt is already damp with sweat.

“We need to take this shirt off.” I told him. I opened one of the built in closet in the room and look for a shirt that will fit him. I took one from his pile of clothes.

“Park Hannah! Don’t tell me you are living together!” Heechul oppa exclaimed and Leeteuk oppa eyed me suspiciously.

“Of course not! These are his clothes way back in high school. Whenever I told him that I like the design, he will give it to me. I think I have about 7 pieces of his shirt. Good thing that he wore baggy shirts back then, it will perfectly fit him now.” I said as I go back to bed and sit beside Hyukjae who is now sleeping.

Heechul oppa went to the closet as if he noticed something. He took a shirt from the pile and his eyes widened. “This is my shirt! I have been looking for it for ages!”

“That is yours? Hyukjae gave it to me.”

“That shirt was the reason of their awkwardness before. Hyukjae borrowed it from him and he never gave it back, now we now why.” Leeteuk oppa chuckled.

“You can have it back.” I told Heechul oppa while I was tapping Hyukjae’s arm to wake him up.

“It is all yours.” He placed it back to the cabinet and sat beside me on the bed.

 “Yah! Lee Hyukjae, wake up, you need to change your clothes!” He shouted before hitting Hyukjae’s thighs not so lightly that Hyukjae groaned.

“Oppa!” I slapped his hand away and rubbed Hyukjae’s thighs to ease the pain.

Leeteuk oppa hit Heechul oppa’s shoulders. “What are you doing?” He said in an amused tone.

“Waking him up.” Heechul oppa shrugged and I glared at him.

Hyukjae sat up slowly and rested his back on the headboard. “I’ll get back to you after this, hyung.” He muttered weakly.

“You better recover soon because I’ll wait for it.” Heechul oppa ruffled Hyukjae’s hair.

“Come on, let’s get you out of this damp shirt.” I told him as I reach for the hem of his shirt to help him remove it.

“Oh man, I don’t want to see this. I have no plans on watching these stuffs live.” Heechul oppa mumbled while making his way out of the room. I reached for my slippers to throw it to his direction but he is already out.

“We’ll wait for you outside. Take care of that stubborn guy first.” Leeteuk oppa said before following Heechul oppa out.

When the two guys are out I helped Hyukjae to take of his shirt. And guess what? All throughout the process which I think wouldn’t exceed a minute, my vocabulary was limited to, ‘Oh, God’, ‘Concentrate!’, ‘Damn!’, ‘Hot!’ and other words that I can’t even remember because this guy is creating a havoc in my system.

“Done!”

“Thanks, you can breathe now.” Hyukjae chuckled.

I can’t believe that he still has the energy to tease me.  But it is good thing, right? At least I am assured that his condition is not that bad and he will be fine anytime soon. After checking his temperature and making sure that he took his medicine, I kept his body warm using the blankets.

“How are you feeling?” I asked.

“Better. I am very lucky that I have a very capable girlfriend.” He said with heavy eyes. I combed his hair away from his face using my hand and caressed his cheek. He slowly leaned towards me, his eyes on my lips. I am very positive that he will kiss me but even before his lips reach mine, he groaned and rested his head on my shoulders.

“What’s wrong? Are you hurt or something? Where?” I panicked.  I could feel that he shook his head against my shoulders.

“What’s the problem?” I asked.

“I can’t kiss you. You might get the virus. Damn fever.” He said frustrated. I giggled and hugged him tighter. His body is exceptionally warm but I don’t mind, I miss him as much as he misses me. Before letting go, I tapped his back with my hands and pushed him lightly back to bed.

“I had my shot of flu vaccine yesterday.” I said and gave him a short but firm kiss on the lips.

“Maybe because you can feel that I have a fever?” He grinned.

“Hmmm.” ‘No. Because your son is having a fever yesterday and I don’t want to have it myself because I still have to take care of the other one.’ I thought.

“Kiss.” He said. I gave in and he smiled widely.

“Sleep now, baby.” I told him.

“Last one!” He pursed his lips.

“You are incorrigible!” I exclaimed.

“Please? Just a good night kiss.” He pouted.

“I already give you a lot of good night kisses tonight!”

“No you don’t. The first one is a comforting kiss, the other one is to bribe me to sleep and this last one is—“I didn’t let him finish his explanation and just gave him a quick peck on his lips.

“Good night, baby.” He smiled and closed his eyes.

I shook my head while smiling because of how stubborn this guy can get even if he is sick. I stayed beside him until he drifted to sleep and when I noticed his calm breathing, I kissed his forehead and went out of the room to check on Leeteuk oppa and Heechul oppa.