You have to go back

That Thin Line

No One’s POV

 

Nichkhun and Victoria are back from their honeymoon early that morning and they are seated on the couch on the living room, watching a program on the television when Hannah walked from across the room with a roll of curtains in her arms. She went straight to the laundry room leaving the newly married couple with a worried expression on their faces. Victoria tapped her husband’s thighs and decided to follow her friend. When she reached the laundry room, she saw Hannah busy washing the curtains, bed sheets and blankets with her feet. Well not really washing, more of venting something out to it. If you are wondering why she doesn’t wash the clothes instead, well she is already finished with them yesterday after JYJ left for Korea, and today, she can’t do anything so she decided to pull all those heavy pieces of fabric and wash them all out even if it is not yet needed.  It is Hannah’s nature that whenever she is mad, like really mad, she tends to tire herself out just to stop thinking about it.

“Hannah, stop this.” Victoria mumbled silently her hands crossed in her chest.

“If you still have some things that needed to be washed, put it all here.” Hannah replied not even looking at her friend.

“You don’t have to do this. You can talk to me, you know?”

“If there is nothing else, just go back in the living room. Don’t worry, I will finish this before lunch.” She said and closed the door.

“Hannah!” Victoria yelled frustratedly but Hannah didn’t mind her at all. She just wanted to be alone for now.

Victoria and Nichkhun found out the reason of Hannah’s gloomy mood when Leeteuk called Victoria yesterday night. Apparently, Hyukjae was involved in a scandal and he is rumored to be dating a Japanese fashion designer, Keiko Tushiya. Photos of the two dining in an expensive restaurant in Japan and a photo of Hyukjae entering Keiko’s apartment complex added up to the buzz and strengthen the evidence of them being a couple since it was taken days after Super Junior’s promotions, when everyone is given a few days vacation.

The rumor started more than a week ago but Hannah only found out two days ago. After reading the whole article, she almost exploded but thinking about the twins, she ended up cursing Lee Hyukjae in her mind. Of course she trusted him, but how can she possibly hold on to that trust if the guy hasn’t been contacting her for weeks, she doesn’t even know why. What made things worst was that Hyukjae didn’t even mind giving her a call to explain things. Heck, the last time he called her was during Victoria and Nichkhun’s wedding to say sorry because only K.R.Y was ‘free’ enough to attend. After that, just a few messages the following days until none at all. After that day, she decided not to update herself about their whereabouts or about any news regarding Super Junior.

Hannah did her best to concentrate on what she is doing but failed, the aching feeling inside her chest won’t subside, the lump on , the warm stingy feeling on the side of her eyes, her difficulty in breathing, she can feel it. Hannah paused from doing her task as tears started flowing from her eyes. As much as she wanted to be strong about it, she can’t. She is hurt and it is different from before. This time he did it. Betrayal. And this time it is not just about him and her. How about their twins? Those days when she thought they are a perfect family, laughing and bonding together, will it end up like this? If she only knew this would happen, she wouldn’t have attached the twins and herself to much to Hyukjae. Accidentally, she saw the ring on her finger. She tried to remove it using all her strength, didn’t even care that she is already hurting herself in the process but to no avail because it won’t slip from her finger.

“Stupid! Stupid!” She mumbled hitting the water. Hannah promised herself that this would be the last time that she will cry because of this, because of him. She already had enough and she will end everything later.

“Should we tell her now?” Victoria asked Nichkhun. They are both on the other side of the door or the laundry room.

“Leeteuk hyung said that we need to inform her soon.” Nichkhun replied.

“You tell her.” Victoria nudged her husband.

“No. You tell her.” Nichkhun lightly pushed Victoria.

“Why me!?” Victoria took a step back and shrieked.

“Just because.” Nichkhun answered but when he saw Victoria’s frown he added, “You’ve been doing the task of talking things with her ever since. You can do it better than me.”

“I can do it during the previous times because it is either she is relaxed or vulnerable on the situation. But this time, she is not even close to being calm about this!” Victoria reasoned.

 “We can’t blame her for acting like this. Hyukjae promised to take her back after SuJu’s promotions but he failed and it has been almost a month. Then suddenly she found out that Hyukjae is ‘having fun’ in Japan dating a gorgeous designer and even visiting her apartment during the days that he is supposed to be here with her and the kids.” Nichkhun recited everything that is stated in the news.

“Plus, he is not even calling her lately and to think that the twins’ 3rd birthday will be next week added up to her frustration.” Victoria pointed out.

“She changed her number.” Nchkhun reminded her.  Yes, Hannah did out of frustration and rebellion. She made them promise not to tell anyone about her new number even her own brother.

“The worst thing is she decided to stay here for good and she is not listening to me!” Victoria exclaimed.

“She is scary these days. Good thing she let my parents and sisters take the kids for a vacation in Florida.” Nichkhun mumbled.

“Yeah, I can’t imagine how the kids will react with their mother’s sudden dark aura.” Victoria nodded.

“Somebody needs to clear this whole thing soon!” Nichkhun said.

“She actually told me that she will call Hyukjae later this afternoon and believe me, with the way she said it, something bad is going to happen. I have a nervous feeling about it.” Victoria informed him.

“With how things are going on between her and Hyukjae this will only result to one thing which I am sure will happen if Leeteuk hyung and Heechul hyung will not make it on time.” Nichkhun glanced worriedly at Victoria.

“End of relationship….” Both of them mumbled. With that they came back to their original conversation.

“That is why we need to inform her now!” Victoria whined.

“Go on and do it.” Nichkhun encouraged her. Victoria sighed.

“Leeteuk oppa and Heechul oppa will be here any minute now. Let’s leave the job to them.” Victoria said and as if on cue, the doorbell rang. “I’ll get it.” She said and went to open the door.

“Where are your luggages?” Victoria asked while opening the door for the two guys.

“We have no intentions of staying here for a long time.” Leeteuk informed her.

“Where is she?” Heechul asked as soon as he entered the house.

“At the laundry room.”

“What is she doing there?” Heechul asked.

“Well obviously, doing the unnecessary laundry like the curtains, bed sheets and blankets.” The girl answered.

“She is really upset.” Leeteuk mumbled.

“Where is the laundry room?” Heechul asked and Victoria pointed her index finger towards the area of the kitchen.

“Is she really planning to break up with him?” Leeteuk asked Victoria. The girl nodded.

“Aish. This will be more difficult than I thought. Did you show her the video?” Heechul asked. The girl shook her head.

“Victoria, I will appreciate if you will start talking now. The clock is ticking and we only have 3 days to take Hannah and the kids back to Korea.” Leeteuk informed her.

“Three days? Why?” Victoria asked.

Leeteuk and Heechul exchanged glances silently deciding if they should tell her.

“I will really appreciate if you will start telling me what is going on.” Victoria snapped their words back to them.

Leeteuk and Heechul gave in and told her everything.

“OH MY IN’-“ Victoria gasped with wide eyes after the guys told her. “I will go back to Korea with you and I will strangle Lee Hyukjae to death, seriously!” Victoria exclaimed still shocked and amused.

“What’s going on in here?” Hannah said as she emerged from the kitchen area, Nichkhun trailing from behind. She stopped on her tracks when she saw her brother and Heechul oppa in the living room.

“Hannah, we need to go back to Korea.” Leeteuk wasted no time and went straight to the point.

“I am not coming back.” Hannah strongly said.

“You have to.” Heechul said matching Hannah’s serious tone.

“We will drag you there if there is a need to.” Leeteuk added.

“I can’t believe this!” Hannah exclaimed looking at Heechul and Leeteuk with a sad and disappointed smile.

“This is unbelievable. You do know why I am acting like this and why I am decided not to go back. The two of you used to be my protective older brother, what the just happened?!” Hannah shouted at them.

The two guys didn’t answer back instead; Leeteuk took his laptop out and placed it in the table. Heechul motioned Hannah to sit down but ended up forcing her to because she wouldn’t budge.

“I believe you haven’t watched this yet. After this we will answer all your questions.” Leeteuk explained as they waited for the computer to start up.

“Nichkhun, call your parents and tell them to bring the kids back here.” Heechul started, “And Victoria can you please book us a flight back to Korea tomorrow? The earlier the better.” Heechul instructed.

“But, aren’t you guys too tired to take another flight? You haven’t rested yet.” Victoria asked.

“We don’t give a crap with jet lag. We just need to bring Hannah and the kids back before the con-“ Heechul stopped when Leeteuk elbowed him.

“Wait, what the hell is going on? I told you I am not coming back!” Hannah complained.

“I am sure you will come back to kill Lee Hyukjae after watching this.” Leeteuk said confidently.

And with that, he clicked the play button…