Telling the 'Self-appointed older brother'

That Thin Line

HANNAH POV

 

“How is he?” Leeteuk oppa asked while twirling the pasta on his fork.

“Sleeping. He said that he is feeling better.” I replied.

“Good.” Heechul oppa said while attacking the pasta on his plate.

“I can see that you already helped yourself around the kitchen.” I chuckled.

“Hope you don’t mind. The microwave gave us a hand.” Leeteuk oppa grinned.

“No problem. Don’t leave until you are full. Do you even have time to eat?” I asked them worriedly.

“Sometimes. But there is no one to cook for us because Ryeowook is busy too. Most of the times we just order take out from fast food chains or settle with ramen.” Heechul oppa explained.

“You can always ask me. You shouldn’t starve yourself especially now that you are busy.” I replied as I walk to the kitchen.  I heated the remaining pasta sauce and took 3 packs of the noodles from the cupboard. After cooking everything, I started to put the sauce and pasta in different Tupperwares. I was about to place it on the paper bag when suddenly I heard Jiyoon’s shriek, yet again. JIYOON! I ran back to the living room just in time to see Jiyoon running towards Leeteuk oppa.

“Teukie~ Teukie~!” He screamed mimicking oppa’s famous aegyo line.

“Hello!” Oppa said with his limited English. He carried Jiyoon and swayed him around. “Okay kiddo, tell me who you are, Jiyoon or Jihoon?” He asked. His fondness to Jiyoon is evident in his expression. He knew it all along??!!

“Yoon!” My son giggled. Leeteuk oppa checked his neck. After seeing the mole there, he smiled. No doubt, he really knows everything.

“Because you are such a good boy, uncle has something for you.” Oppa said in Korean as he took a lollipop from his pocket.

I looked at Heechul oppa, if the situation is not like this, I could have laughed because of his expression. His fork is frozen in mid air, mouth wide opened and the size of his eyes doubled.

“UNCLE!???” He exclaimed as soon as everything sink in.

I sighed before walking to their direction. I flopped down on the couch and stared at Leeteuk oppa and Jiyoon. Oppa just looked at me, understanding, uneasiness and apologies all evident in his eyes.

“Who told you?” I asked him.

“Inyoung noona.” He answered briefly, his attention still on Jiyoon.

“When?"

“The same time she told eomma and appa about it.” He replied and I combed my hair using my hand.

“Oh god, you knew all along and you didn’t tell me?” I asked.

“I don’t want you to worry yourself about me knowing it. I know you Hannah, you have this tendency of sacrificing everything for your loved ones.” He said with a light feeling. I almost feel like crying.

“Mianhe, oppa.” I bowed my head controlling my tears. Oppa sat down beside me and hugged me. That is when the tears started to flow nonstop.

“I am really sorry to disappoint you. I am sorry that I didn’t tell you.” I apologized.

“Shhhh. Stop crying, princess. I perfectly understand why you did it. I am somewhat thankful too.” He said and rubbed my back. I cried harder. Princess. He used to call me that when we were young.

“Ouch! Aigoo! Aigoo! Stop! Stop!” Oppa broke the hug and started wincing. I looked at him confused and figured out that Jiyoon is biting his thighs hard.

“Teukie bad! Make eommy cry!” Jiyoon glared at oppa and started biting him again.

“Aniyo! No! Teukie not bad! Teukie  good!” Oppa said in broken English. I laughed hard and took Jiyoon away from him.

“Jiyoon, say sorry to Uncle Teukie.” I told him.

“No. Eommy cry.” He looked away and crossed his hands on his chest.

“Uncle Teukie didn’t make eommy cry. He is trying to stop me from crying.” I explained but Jiyoon seemed confused with all the words that I said.

“It is just like when eommy is kissing you when you are hurt and crying.” I said.

“Pomish?” He asked which means promise.

“Promise.”

The young boy looked at his uncle and reach for him. Oppa carried him and Jiyoon kissed him on the cheek.

“So-Ri, a – ang… TEUKIE!” He said giving up with the word uncle.

Oppa chuckled and patted his head. “No biting from now on, okay?” He said in Korean. Jiyoon nodded.

“He can understand Korean?! I am having a hard time thinking of English words!” Oppa complained to me.

“Who told you he can’t?” I laughed. “But he can’t understand everything same with English. You have to slow down for him to understand. Just don’t forget that he always replies in English.” I reminded him.

The three of us are having our own world when suddenly the neglected person in the living room reminded us of his presence.

Heechul oppa cleared his throat. Leeteuk oppa and I looked at him.

“I am still here. Would you mind to enlighten me with what is happening because seriously, I am near to losing my sanity.” He complained.  Leeteuk oppa did the honor to introduce Jiyoon to almighty Kim Heechul.

“Jiyoon ah, this is Chulie ahjussi.”

“Annyeong Haseyo!” Heechul greeted formally. Yeah, he always does that with children.

“Hello! Sshuullee Ashushi!” Oppa and I burst out laughing.

“Bwo?” Heechul oppa said in an amused tone with smile on his lips.

“Chulie ahjussi. Say that again, Jiyoon ah.” I told him.

“Sshullee Ashushi!”   He said innocently with lips pursed in every syllable. The three of us burst out laughing again. After looking at the three of us, Jiyoon joined in faking a laugh which is cute, by the way. Leeteuk oppa wiped the moist from his eyes and introduced further.

“Chul ah, this is Jiyoon, my nephew, Hannah’s son.” He said coolly.

Heechul oppa’s eyes widened and his jaw dropped. “Your son?” I nodded.

“Why—Who is--- What ha--- When…. WATER!” Heechul oppa sat back to the couch. I guess shock is an understatement.

Leeteuk oppa explained everything to Heechul oppa while I tugged Jiyoon back to sleep. When I went back, the pitcher of water is already half empty and I can see Leeteuk oppa is having fun explaining things to a very shock Kim Heechul.

“JIYOON has a twin brother JIHOON?!” He said and drank another glass of water.

“Yes. But he has a fever now.” I explained.

“Like father like son.” Leeteuk oppa chuckled. Heechul’s oppa’s glass was once again suspended in mid air.

“What did you say?”

“Like father like son.” Leeteuk oppa repeated.

“I think I am having a heart attack!” Heechul oppa said in disbelief before drinking his water.

“Lee Hyukjae is their father.”  Leeteuk oppa added in a manner as if he is just stating the alphabet. Heechul oppa spitted the water on Leeteuk oppa’s face.

“Eeeew~!” I said and handed oppa a towel.

“What the hell!” Leeteuk oppa exclaimed.

“DAMN IT PARK JUNGSOO!!! Are you really trying to kill me?!” Heechul oppa wiped his mouth with the towel.

“I am explaining things to you! You told me that you need to be enlightened!” Oppa spatted back.

“HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN????” He exclaimed.

“Don’t act innocent Chul ah! Of course you know how it happened! Do I need to explain the whole process??” Oppa replied with wide eyes.

“Stop it right there! I think I already knew enough. Wait, does Hyukjae know?” He asked still shocked from what he discovered.

“Not yet, but I am planning to tell him soon.” I replied.

“You really should.” Heechul oppa replied.

“I still have lots of things to say, you don’t want to hear it? I have pictures of their first birthday, second and even an ultrasound picture!” Leeteuk oppa said excitedly.

“You do?” I asked.

“Of course!”

“Just spare me the details. I don’t want you to end up telling me how they did it!” Heechul oppa said still shocked.

“That is something that I don’t know. But we can ask Hannah about that.” He said nonchalantly.

“Oppa!” I blushed because of embarrassment.

“Let’s just stop here. You already filled in a lot of spaces in my brain.” Heechul oppa checked his watch. “Come on, we still have schedules to attend to. Oh geez, I don’t even know if I can concentrate because of this.” He shook his head.

After giving the kids a kiss on the forehead and checking on Hyukjae, they went out but Heechul oppa came back.

“I think I drank a lot of water. I need to pee.” He said and went straight to the bathroom leaving me and Leeteuk oppa near the door. When I remembered the food that I prepared for them, I went back to the kitchen to fix it.

“Here, make sure that everyone eats this.” I told oppa as I handed the paper bag to him. 

“When are you planning to tell him?” He asked.

“Maybe tomorrow.” I sighed. He nodded and kissed my forehead.

“Always remember that oppa is here, arrasseo?” I hugged him tightly as an answer.

“Let’s go.” Heechul oppa emerged from the bathroom and pulled me towards him to kiss the top of my head. “You gave me the shock of my life today, Park Hannah.” He ruffled my hair. “I guess our little sister is not that little anymore.”

They wave their hands goodbye as they enter the elevator.

“I have to. I need to take good care of two little boys and one stubborn guy after all.” I smiled to myself and closed the door. 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

I just need to post this before anything else.... :)

I'll be working on the next chapter... please be patient :)

Hello to my new subscribers!