The reason...

That Thin Line

HYUKJAE POV

The outcome of my revelation in Strong Heart made a big impact in the whole entertainment industry and it became a buzz not only in Korea but in the majority of Asia and became also the talk of all the fans around the world. There are a lot of hateful comments at first, more of about morality rather than fans’ hating on the girl that I am dating, comments that I didn’t bother myself with because I am more concerned with my fans’ thoughts than anyone else. I was honestly surpised with their reactions because they are actually supporting me and defending my side. I guess our fans have matured all throughout the years with us. Of course, there are still some of them who can’t accept the truth and are unhappy about it but most of them are saying congratulations, ‘don’t leave Super Junior’, ‘have a happy life’, and that they wanted to see a picture of the twins and Hannah which surprised me the most because I didn’t mention Hannah’s name during my talk on Strong Heart.

Since I am grateful to them because of their support, I decided to do this special thing with them around so I decided to push through with the concert that I initially planned.

After the members’ suggestions on what to do, which mostly came from one of our song’s music video, I finally decided something on my own for the proposal. I laid all my plans to them and they nodded in agreement, praising me on how brilliant my idea is but actually, I can’t see anything special about it. I thought everything will be easy but as we work on things, I figured it is not. I need to decide on a lot of things wisely and set my priorities straight. The most difficult part is to open things up and lay my proposal to Kim Youngmin songsaengnim. I have to do the talk with him since he is the CEO and the one incharge of decision making in the company. He agreed with a concert for fans which we regard as ‘unofficial’ since it is really not a part of our Super Show 4. But when I told him the other aspects of the concert , he said the idea was absurd and too bold but I kept my ground and won a bargain against him with the help of Lee Sooman seongsaengnim who kept his promise of helping me. Even if he already stepped down from being the CEO, he is still the major stock holder and his decisions are always the final one. 

The company gave us two weeks vacation and all of the members spent it rehearsing and helping me plan the event instead of enjoying the given time on their own. We arranged everything, from the production to the performances. We want the fans to enjoy and keep the intimate vibe as if we are a whole family. The event will just be a simple one, nothing big and definitely not Supershow-ish except for the same level of performance that we will give them. Let’s just say that this time, the whole show will definitely have our personal touch on it.

I am currently on the planning room with the whole team and busy straightening everything.

“How many expected audiences?” I asked no one in particular.

“Are you really asking about the expected number? You do know how many ELFs are there.” Leeteuk asked. “Let’s just say about a hundred thousand in Korea.”

I sighed. “That won’t fit in the venue.”

“Of course it will never fit in. But I guess not everyone will come considering that this is just a short notice one. They didn’t have enough time to save up.” Donghae argued.

“If only I can cover all production cost.” I mumbled. The cost is not as huge as that of the Super show’s but still it is costly.

“Hyukjae ah, we know that you want all of your fans to be there, even overseas fans who are willing to go and if it is only possible, you will hand them all the tickets for free. But we can’t cover all the cost.” Manager hyung reminded me.

Everyone in the room remained silent, deep in their own thoughts.

“What is the reason why we are having this concert?” Heechul hyung suddenly asked.

“To thank the fans for their support, especially to me and you perfectly all know the other one.” I said.

“Exactly.” Heechul hyung said.

“Exactly, what?” I asked confused.

“We want to thank them. What is the purpose of thanking them if we will make them pay for tickets?” He argued.

“But as manager hyung said, we can’t make it free because of the production cost.” Yesung said.

“Production cost is high because we are still trying to get the concert aura.”

“Lay it all out, Heechul ah.” Leeteuk hyung said, I think he is also intrigued with what Heechul hyung has in mind.

“Listen, our fans, they are the most lovable, understanding and dedicated ones. If you tell them that we are going to this place and perform, they will go and support us. This is not a Super Show concert, it is more of a ‘thank you’ concert for them so lets’ try to lessen the ticket price or if it is even possible, do it for free.”

“Production cost.” I reminded again.

“Shut up, I am not yet finished.” He smirked. “Where does the biggest part of the production cost goes?”

 “Rent for Seoul Olympic stadium?” Kyuhyun browsed through the papers.

“Why do we need to do it there? We will be really far from fans if we do it there. Why don’t we try an outside concert? We just need a big open space for that. Less cost.” Heechul hyung explained and I actually think that it is a brilliant idea.

“Uhm, we actually planned about the fireworks here, so yeah. I guess we need to do the concert on an open space.” Sungmin reminded and I almost hit my head because I almost forgot about that.

“So where?” Shindong hyung asked. Heechul hyung glanced across the table looking straight at Siwon.  We all look at his direction wondering why Heechul hyung is looking at him. He looked back confused.

“What?”

“Your father’s company just acquired a big space at Daegu, right? You told me last time.” He grinned.

“Ah, hyung!” Siwon whined. “They are opening a new branch of the supermarket there.” He shook his head disappointingly.

“But has the construction started?” Heechul hyung asked.

“Right!” Siwon lit up and snapped his fingers excitedly. He dialed his phone and went out of the room. “Neh, appa.”

“Problem 1, solved.” Heechul grinned and we smiled back filled with new energy and hope.

“Next, technical stuffs, rotating stages, light, LED screens, pyro blah blah…”Donghae stated.

“Where did you get that?” Heechul hyung asked.

“Super Show 3 plan.” I informed him.

“That’s why it is costly. Erase the acrobatic stuffs, no rotating stages. Less playful lights and that pyro blah blah. Just a simple stage. Heck, we can even pull off a concert with just our microphones.” He exclaimed.

The others grinned and got his point. The fans are there because of us, to see us perform our hearts out and support us not because of some extravagant production.

We started making modifications with the plan. All of us in the room with just concert consultants saying their feedbacks. Every idea comes from us, that is why this one is really a gift for our fans.

“So there, we just cut our expenses.” Kyuhyun mumbled looking at the papers with one of our consultants.

“Do you think we can push through with a good concert with that?” I asked the consultant.

“Actually, yes. All the needed elements are already there. What is important with a concert anyway is the performance itself and make sure that the sound system will not up. This is quite an impressive plan. Cheap but impressive.” He nodded.

I nodded and asked Kyuhyun. “How much?” I asked expecting that I can cover up all the expenses now.

He said the amount and I winced. Well I can pay for everything but that will leave me an empty pocket.

Leeteuk hyung snatched the paper from the maknae and studied it. “Remove my talent fee.” He ordered.

The others glanced at him and he smirked. Follow the leader.

“Aren’t we being a hero?” Heechul grinned.

“Superman, remember?” Leeteuk hyung smiled.

“Erase mine.” Heechul hyung said. And so the other boys also did the same.

“It is for the fans anyway.” Ryeowook said excitedly.

The concert consultants was just seating there, shocked on how far we can go just to pull of this concert.

“Finally!” Kyuhyun grinned and showed everyone the last amount.

“I will cover that.” I announced. Some glared at me and some arched their eyebrows.

“What?”

“Who told you? Do you have money” Donghae asked.

“Yes, I have enough and besides, I am the one who planned this anyway.” I shrugged and looked back to the papers.

“We won’t allow you.” Leeteuk hyung said firmly.

“We have to make it free for ELF. I want them to be there.” I argued.

“ELF being the operative word. You are not the sole member of Super Junior, we will all do it.” Leeteuk hyung tapped my shoulders and the others agreed.

“But-“ I was about to contest but someone spoke on the direction of the door.

“Keep your savings to yourself kids, I will do it.” We all stood up shocked but still managed to bow to Lee Sooman songsaengnim and greeted him.

“Songsaengnim, you don’t have to.” I told him, I think it is enough that he allowed us to pursue the concert based on our plans.

“Lee Hyukjae, may I remind you that you will still need a big amount of money after this small concert of yours.”

“But-“

“I will do it and that is final. I admit, the company has neglected you kids lately and if not for your fans, you wouldn’t have made it this big world wide so I oblige you to let me do this for everyone. No more buts, I’ll take care of it.” He said and left the room.

“KAMSAHAMNIDA SONGSAENGNIM!” We all shouted with a bow even though he already left.

“I guess we need to start rehearsing now? Is this the end of the meeting?” Donghae asked everyone with a smile.

 “I don’t think so.”Leeteuk hyung is the one who answered Donghae. “Sungmin ah, how is Hyukjae’s Japanese going?” He asked Sungmin hyung but he is looking directly at me.

“Terrible!” Sungmin hyung rolled his eyes.

“Yah! I am still studying everything. It is really hard.”I snapped.

“Well work on it. The three guys wouldn’t help you until you perfected pronouncing your Nihonggo.” He reminded me.

“Where are those guys anyway? Haven’t seen them lately.” Siwon asked while tapping his fingers on the table.

“They are having a concert in New York now.” I informed them, I talked to Junsu before they went to New York to ask them a small favor.

As if sensing that we are talking about him, my phone started ringing and Junsu is the one making the call.

“Speaking of the devil.” I smirked. The other guys shook their head, already used to our bickering.

“YAH!” Junsu shouted on the line. I moved my phone away from my ear for a while trying to get his voice out of my head.

“What? I am really tired, Kim Junsu. I don’t have time to have a petty fight with you.” I said.

“Petty fight? More of a childish fight.” I heard Heechul hyung’s comment.

“I am with Hannah, well we’ve been here for three days now.” He informed me and I instantly sat up suddenly feeling recharged.

“How is she?  and the twins? Why didn’t you tell me that you are already there?” I asked and I felt my phone being snatched away from me. Leeteuk hyung took it from me and placed in on the table with speakers on. I think they also want to know how things are going there, we haven’t check up on them for a while because of the upcoming concert.

“One question at a time okay?” Yoochun complained.  I guess they have the speakers on too.

“Last question first, you didn’t tell me that I should tell you. You just told me that we should look after her for a while since her friends are off for a honeymoon.” Junsu pointed out. If only he is here beside me, I would have hit him in the head because of his excuses.

“Next question, the twins are doing fine, they are chubbier than the last time I saw them and they are currently having a vacation in Florida with Nichkhun’s family.” Jaejoong hyung informed and I felt relieved that my twins are healthy.

“They are going to Disneyland!” Junsu exclaimed like the child that he is. All of the boys in the room rolled their eyes and I am sure Yoochun and Jaejoong hyung did the same.

“I didn’t know Nichkhun has pretty sisters.” I heard Yoochun hyung commented.

“Okay, I don’t need your Casanova expertise now, hyung. How about Hannah?” I asked.

“Well… She’s really happy to see us here and she had been treating us really well it almost felt like a vacation.” Junsu started.

“That is Hannah, okay.” I said starting to be impatient, of course I know Hannah will treat them well but I want to know how she is doing. I want to check up on her myself but I don’t want her to worry about me since the other boys said that I really look exhausted and even my voice shows my current situation.

“And Park Yoochun hugged her.” Junsu added.

“He what?!!!” I exclaimed.

“Oh no, Yoochun hyung will be dead!” Kyuhyun butted in.

“Kim Jaejoong held her hands!” Yoochun piped in. Judging from his voice, he wouldn’t let himself take all the blame, which in case will be from me.

“Yah! I told you guys to look after her while I settle things here not to make advances on her! AISH.” I exclaimed frustratedly. Not that I don’t trust them, I just don’t want them to be that close with Hannah considering the fact that she is a fan of these guys.

“Kim Junsu hugged her too and it is longer than Yoochun’s!” Jaejoong hyung said adding up to my frustration.

“KIM JUNSU!!!” I muttered gritting my teeth. I saw some of the boys grinning and some of them shaking their heads on me.

“It was a brotherly hug! And I did it to comfort her because she is about to cry!” He explained with a high tone.

“Cry?! What did you do to her?!!!” Heechul hyung is the one who shouted now.

“Yah! What happened to my princess?” Leeteuk hyung said seriously.

“Chill guys! That is the reason why we called. He seemed fine two days ago but then this morning, she started to act cold and indifferent.” Junsu said, a tinge of worry in his voice.

“We almost had a vegetable puree for breakfast with her manner of chopping the vegetables, good thing I was able to save it.”

“I ended up doing Jaejoong hyung and Junsu’s laundry because she is about to do it.” Yoochun complained.

“And she keeps on insisting to clean the house even if we can’t see a single dirty spot here. Then she started crying.” Junsu added and I really am starting to worry.

“Maybe she is pregnant?” Kyuhyun concluded and we all snapped our heads at him.

“WHAT?!” The trio shouted on the other line.

“Just maybe, they said pregnant women tend to be a lot more emotional and they have a lot of mood swings.” He explained and after that, most of the guys eyed me curiosly while Leeteuk hyung glared at me.

“She is not pregnant! I am sure of it! I kept my promise, Leeteuk hyung! I swear!” I explained hastily somewhat scared of Leeteuk hyung’s glare.

“In case you forgot about what I told you before I allowed you to stay in her apartment, I will remind you again Lee Hyukjae. You can’t touch her until after your wedding. Arraseo?” Hyung whispered with gritted teeth that I swallowed the lump in my throat. Heechul hyung was right, Leeteuk hyung is the scariest person.

“Knock. Knock. Are you guys still there?” Junsu’s voice broke the tension.

“Yeah. We are still here. Leeteuk hyung and Hyukjae are just having a moment.” Siwon answered.

“So, is Hannah really pregnant?” Jaejoong asked cautiously.

“I don’t think that is the situation now. I think she is upset.” Donghae said worried. If there is anyone that knows Hannah that much next to Leeteuk hyung, it will be Donghae.

“Oh, that’s a pity. I thought I will already have a niece this time.” Kyuhyun mumbled earning a glare from Leeteuk hyung and a nudge on the side from Sungmin hyung.

“I can feel that she is, but what made her upset?” Yoochun commented on Donghae.

“I think it might be because of Hyukjae.” Junsu said.

“Why me?” I asked.

“I told her that if she won’t tell me what the problem is, I can call you so that you can talk to her. But she said that she don’t want to talk to you.” Junsu informed me and I pondered on what I did wrong. Maybe because I am not contacting her lately? But Hannah is not the type that will get upset because of that.

 

Heechul hyung clapped his hands and snapped his fingers. “I know!” He declared.

“What?”

He eyed me. “Am I right to say that you forgot to tell her about the scandal that you’ve been into?”

“Oh !” I face palmed myself. I forgot to inform her about it because of all the things that I am preparing and because of all the things that I have to clear and deal with here in Korea.

“You’ve been in a scandal again?!” Junsu exclaimed.

“You don’t know? The scandal was a week ago but hyung managed to clear things up in Strong Heart.” Siwon asked amused.

“We have no time to check rumors and scandals lately.” Yoochun hyung explained.

“Now that is trouble. I am sure that Hannah just found out about it today, judging from her happy mood the past days. Maybe she is upset because you didn’t even inform or explain things to her when the rumor started and since you are not contacting her lately, she might get the idea that you are through with her.” Jaejoong hyung analyzed and I frozed.

“Didn’t she watch Strong Heart?” Yesung hyung asked.

“If Hyukjae managed to explain everything in Strong Heart then I guess not. Because if she did, she wouldn’t act this way. And believe me that she wouldn’t even dare to update herself about your whereabouts after this.”

“You think so?” Sungmin hyung asked.

“I know so. I have nine sisters so I pretty know how girls react in this kind of situations. It is like a defense mechanism. It goes with the line, ‘Something that you don’t know won’t hurt you.’” He replied expertly and I almost pulled my hair.

“Can you explain everything to her?” Ryeowook asked.

“At a time like this, she won’t listen to anybody except from the only person concerned. Even if we try to explain things to her, she wouldn’t believe us. The explanation about the rumor should come straight from you, Hyukjae.” Jaejoong hyung explained.

“You sounded like a Psychologist hyung.” Junsu commented.

“I need to see her. I am going to Boston.” I announced.

“You really need to because we are going back to Korea tonight. Even if we want to extend our stay to take care of Hannah, we can’t because we have prior schedules in Jeju.”  Yoochun said.

“Good luck Hyukjae! Be quick before you lose her! International calls are expensive. Bye!” Junsu ended.

“Hyung, I am going to Boston.” I said and faced our manager and he shook his head.

“But hyung!” I complained.

“The media is still keeping their eyes on you, Hyukjae. They might follow you there. We don’t want them to bombard Hannah and the twins on the airport when they come back. We need to think about their safety, you know how pushy some reporters are.” He explained.

“I will take her back.” Leeteuk hyung said after a moment of thinking.

“I am coming with you.” Heechul hyung declared. “It is safer that you stay here and wait Hyukjae. And besides, you still need to finalize your plans for the concert. We can easily sneak out from the media because their eyes are only focused on you.”

“I also want to come with you but I have schedules in Taiwan.” Donghae mumbled.

“But Jaejoong hyung said that I have to explain things to her. She will only believe the explanation if it will come from me.” I said.

“Of course it will come from you.” Heechul hyung smirked. “Kyuhyun ah—“

“I know. I know. Downloading hyung!” Kyuhyun cut Heechul hyung’s words and smirked at him while pointing at his laptop.

“As of now concentrate on the concert and practice your Nihonggo.” Heechul hyung grinned and tapped my shoulders.

“We will take Hannah and the twins back. I promise.” Leeteuk hyung tapped my shoulders and went out with Heechul hyung but he came back. “I think you might want to plan on how will we get out of the airport safely just in case the news break out. You know, Plan B?” He reminded.

“I will think about it and I will inform you ASAP.” I said.

“I think you need my brains with that. I’ll just take care of it, hyung. You already have a lot of things going in your head.” Kyuhyun grinned and suddenly I felt really thankful to him. “Changmin ah! I need your brains too!” He said talking to the phone as he went out. The evil maknaes? Now I am worried.

“Don’t worry hyung, I’ll handle them.” Siwon assured me as he followed Kyuhyun outside.

“Everything would be fine.” Donghae tapped my shoulders.

“Okay, now back to your Nihonggo.” Sungmin lightened up our mood.

While the others are working on getting the kids and Hannah back here in Korea, I will also work to make things perfect for them once they are here.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, this is it... I already reached my limit for today... Gonna update when I have time. :)

SuJu's love for their fans is really something!

I agree with Heechul, sometimes, leader ssi has this really scary aura in him.

and presenting... Jaejoong the counselor.. hahaha.