Somebody is sick?

That Thin Line

HANNAH POV

 

Victoria and Nichkhun are on their date now so I was left alone with the kids. I don’t mind it at all because I love spending time with my twins and besides, I need to start doing things without them. They had already moved out and occupied the vacant apartment beside mine which I bought from Inyoung eonni. But the problem today is that Jihoon, the hyper one between the twins is having a fever and I think he transferred such trait to Jiyoon now because the other boy is busy goofing around the apartment. Victoria was persistent on not leaving me alone with the kids because of the situation even if I assured her that I will be fine. In the end, I asked Nichkhun to drag her out of the apartment so they can go on with their plans for today. Nichkhun was as hesitant as Victoria but I know he wants to spend time with his soon-to-be-wife so they can start planning for the wedding which is two months from now.

After changing Jihoon’s clothes, I fixed the blanket over him and tried to lull him to sleep. Just when he is about to close his eyes, it got wider when we heard Jiyoon’s shriek from the play room.

“Eommy~ Play with Yoon?” He asked with a pout.

“You can play with him again if you feel better, baby.” I told him hoping that he will understand.He closed his eyes and after a few seconds he drifted to sleep. I kissed his forehead and went out of the room just in time to catch a tripping Jiyoon.

“Oopsie~!” He giggled.

“I told you not to run around, Jiyoon.” I reprimanded him.

“HOON! PLAY BAAALLLL~!” He screamed and started to run inside the room, good thing I was able to catch him before he can even disturb his sleeping brother.

“Hoon, is sick so he can’t play with you.” I said and carried him to the kitchen. “Eommy will play with you later after eating. What do you want to eat?” I asked slowly, for him to digest every word.

“EAT?! I want Sssholate!” He said excitedly.  I let him stand in his own feet as soon as we reach the kitchen.

“No chocolates for today, baby. How about apples?” I said while slicing a piece of apple on the counter.

“Sssholate! Sssholate!” Jiyoon cheered. I looked at him and that’s when I found out that he already opened the fridge and is now pointing at the bars of chocolate inside it.

“You sneaky midget.” I mumbled to myself and smiled at him. I closed the fridge and carried him as I handed him a small piece of apple.

“My Sssholate~” He said longingly while trying to reach for the fridge which is impossible because we are a few feet away. When he felt the apple on his hands, he instantly forgot about his longing for the chocolates and is now happily munching on the apple.  I brought him to the living room and let him enjoy his apples. I switch channels so that he can watch his favorite show, Barney.

“APPA!~” He exclaimed when I accidentally switched the channel to Strong Heart. Hyukjae is on the screen, no wonder Jiyoon reacted that way. Not really because he knows that he is his father, of course he wouldn’t understand things like that because he is still a toddler, but because I always tell them to call him that whenever they see pictures, videos of him or even when they see him on the T.V screen.  

I ruffled his hair and kissed the top of his head. “Yes, it is appa.”

“A-PPA~” He repeated and gave his attention back to his apples.

When I my phone rang, I immediately answer the call.

“Baby~” Hyukjae said on the other line. It has been a week since the last time I saw him. That last time, being the day of his confession. He became very busy the whole week with all the rehearsals, recordings and filming. Even if he is busy, he never fails to call at least twice a day and  to send text messages numerous times. I do have a plan of talking to him about the kids, problem is we don’t have time to talk about it. I just can’t spill everything over the phone.

“Baby?” He repeated weakly.

“I’m here. Is everything okay?” I asked worriedly.

“Yeah, everything is fine. Just tired from rehearsals.”

“You shouldn’t stress yourself too much, Hyukjae.”

“I will not so don’t worry about me. I just have to finish everything so that I can see you soon.” He replied.

“ Don’t you dare squeeze your schedule just to see me. I am serious Hyuk, you should take a rest.”

“I just want to see you. I never got a chance to spend some time with you this past week.” He said guiltily. “I am afraid that you’ll break up with me because I don’t have time for you.”

“I am not going to break up with you Lee Hyukjae, not even a chance. I am sorry but you’ll have to stick with me forever.” I said and he chuckled on the other line.

“My pleasure.”

“But seriously, take care of yourself, okay? And always eat on time. Same goes to the other guys. Tell them that I will scold the hell out of everyone if someone gets sick.”

“Then, I’ll just tell them to get ready with the scolding.” He laughed but ended up coughing.

“Lee Hyukjae!”

“I am fine! I have to go know. See you soon baby, saranghae!” He said and ended the call.

That guy is making me worried! I tried to call Leeteuk oppa and Heechul oppa to check if everything is fine but they are not picking up. I guess everyone is really busy lately. I am busy worrying about Hyukjae when Jiyoon interrupted my thoughts

“Eommy~ Finish!” he said while showing me the bowl which is now empty.

“Very good!” I patted his head. “Now it is time to clean up and sleep, baby.”

He pouted. “Don’t want sleep.”

“You have to, come on baby.” I said and carried him to their room.

Jiyoon climbed up the bed and settled himself under the sheets.

“You need to put your pajamas on before going to sleep, Jiyoon.” I told him. He got out of the bed and followed me to the closet.

“That! I want green!” He pointed at the pile of clothes. I pulled it from the closet.

“This is blue Jiyoon. Not green.” I told him. He looked at it and then back at the closet.

“Eommy, can’t reach!” He exclaimed reaching for another pair of pajamas.

 “I thought you like this?”

He gave up from reaching for another pair but managed to pull a pair of pants from the lowest level of the closet.

“This one!” He raised it up in the air and is about to wear it.

“You can’t wear this when you are sleeping.” I told him. He threw it on the floor and took another piece from the closet, messing up the organize pile. This time it is a hoodie.

“You can’t wear that during summer, baby. It’ll be so hot.” I explained and with a sigh, I carried him to bed and changed his clothes with the blue pajamas that he had initially chosen. I am relieved because he didn’t argue or even throw tantrums. I pulled the sheets above him until it reaches his shoulders.

He hugged his Elmo stuff toy as he started asking random questions. A typical scenario whenever I tugged the twins to bed. Our ‘conversation’ didn’t take too long unlike the usual because Jihoon is not here to throw the most random question that only God knows where on earth he got his idea.

When Jiyoon managed to let out a yawn, I caressed his cheeks and urged him to sleep.

“Love you, eommy” He murmured.

“Love you more.” I said and gave him a kiss on the forehead before I started cleaning the mess caused by Typhoon Jiyoon.

I am already finished turning off the lights of the apartment and Jiyoon is already sleeping when my phone rang.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Hannah!” Leeteuk oppa exclaimed worriedly.

“Problem?”

“It is about Hyukjae…” He started.

“What about him?!” I asked panicking.

“Calm down, okay. Nothing really serious. He’s having a fever right now but he keeps on insisting to finish rehearsals. Everyone is kind of worried now. We can’t bring him home because everyone has schedules to attend to and no one will take care of him.”

“Bring him here now. If he complained, drag him if you need to!” I said before thinking.

“You sure?” He asked.

‘What did you just say Hannah?! The kids are at home and you are asking your brother to bring their father here!’ A part of my brain argued but my concern for Hyukjae won over it.

“Yeah.” I said breathlessly.

“Don’t worry. I’ll bring him there myself.” He assured. Assured? Why is he assuring me?

My thoughts drifted back to Hyukjae’s condition.

“Lee Hyukjae, I swear I am going to strangle you after this.”

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

There goes the kids! More on Jiyoon though. XD