Perfect night at the Han river... well, almost.

That Thin Line

HANNAH POV

 

I arrived at the place exactly 20 minutes after and Hyukjae’s car is already parked there. I parked my car a few meters away from his and got off. I scanned the place and saw him seating on the grass, stargazing. I removed my stilettos and started walking to his direction.

“There are a lot of stars tonight.” I commented when I stood beside him. He looked up and smiled at me.

“Yeah, and one of them is kind enough to grace me with her presence.” He replied. I rolled my eyes and playfully hit his shoulders.

“Not a good pick up line.” I said. He laughed and tapped the space beside him.

“Sit.”

“I am wearing a cocktail dress in case you forgot.” I said pointing at my dress.

“I don’t care. There is only you and me here.” He mumbled and started taking his coat off.

“What do you think you are doing?” I asked with a knotted forehead.

“Don’t worry yourself too much. I am not planning on doing it here. It is uncomfortable you know?” He teased and placed his coat on the grass.

“I didn’t mean it that way!” I exclaimed.

“Okay, I am the only ert again.” He mumbled. “Just sit beside me, babe.” He offered his hand to support me. I took it and sat beside him.

“I miss this place.” I whispered.

“Can’t say that I am feeling the same.” He replied. I can’t believe that he heard it.

“This place is very special for us, aren’t you being rude?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Unlike you, I always visit this place for the past years. I always find myself going back to this place everytime I think of you.” He confessed.

“I can’t seem to find a Han River in Boston, If only I have found one, I could have spent my days there reminiscing…” I told him but I took it back. “No, erase that. Nothing can replace this place.” I faced him.

“Yeah. This is the only place where we had a peaceful date without the constant interruption of Donghae and Jinyoung, and your brother’s spying antics.” He said amused bringing back the memory of how we used to try our best to find a place that no one can disturb us and lucky enough, we found this.

“That is one of the best days of my life.” I mumbled.

“Same here.” He smiled at me. “About what I said earlier, I really don’t miss this place as much as you do but what I do miss was spending the whole afternoon here with you.”

“You know what? You never fail to make my heart skip a beat with those cheesy lines of yours!”

“There are still more to come.” He winked at me. We sat there enjoying the serene night and the soft breeze, no one spoke for a moment as if we are just satisfied with each other’s presence.

“Sorry about Yoomi, she is just too much sometimes.” I broke the silence, pertaining to Yoomi’s initial behavior towards him.

“I can handle that and besides I think she loosened up a bit in the end. It seems that your girl friends always dislike me at first.” He said shaking his head but a grin evident on his face.

“Girl power, you know?” I chuckled and he also did.

“You don’t have to be sorry about her, but you have to with that Jonghoon guy! What’s with the date?!” He said pinching my nose.

“Aaw! It was just a friendly date and Yoomi will be there too.”

“And the hug?!”

“He didn’t had the chance to hug me and even if he did it was just a friendly hug.” I explained.

“It might be friendly for you but most of the times guys think of things differently.” He lectured.

“Of course you know it.” I said sarcastically. “ANTS? Pft.” I scoffed and he looked away innocently.

“Why are you there anyway? Are you following me?” I squinted.

“I am not! Donghae! He dragged me there to perform with him.” He defended.

“Donghae won’t do that. He would rather spend his time surfing the web rather than going to a high school reunion to perform.” I smirked.

“Aish! Why do you have to know Donghae that well?!” He whined. “Fine! I am the one who dragged him to go. I just want to make sure that no boys are trying to hit on you. Didn’t you know how gorgeous you are tonight?” He asked.

“After hearing those words from you, now I know.” I smiled. “But you didn’t have to go there, you already asked Jinyoung to look after me.”

“Yeah right. And I saw him more than 15 meters away from you, talking with other girls.” He said.

“Let him off the hook. He is a single guy after all, he needs to mingle a lot. But you!” I glared at him. “YOU ARE NOT! How dare you flirt with those girls!”

“I don’t remember flirting with them.” He answered. “I did?”

“I don’t think so.” I grinned and gave him a peck on the lips. He took my left hand and entertwined it with his.

“I already talked with Lee Soo Man songsaengnim.” He informed me and I stiffened.

“How did it go? I bet he is really mad.”

“Not really, more of frustrated because things went out of his hand but he told me that he will help me about this.”

“He will?”

He nodded. “With the condition that we must keep this a secret until the end of our 5jib promotion. He also told me that I should see you less for the mean time.”

“So that is how it goes.” I mumbled.

“I am sorry but this is all that I can do for the mean time.” He told me.

“Don’t worry about it. It is really brave of you to talk to him and that made me love you more. About the less time together, I perfectly understand, besides that I already anticipated this. We won’t be having a problem in keeping this as a secret since the twins and I are heading to Boston next week.” I assured him.

“You don’t have to remind me.” He pouted.

“I will miss you.” I caressed his cheek.

“I will miss you more.” He pinched my cheeks lightly.  “I didn’t had the chance to dance with you at the party. Too bad.” He said.

“If we danced a while ago, I am very sure that it will create a buzz.” I told him.

“I hate the fact that we can’t do things like a normal couple.” He mumbled.

“We are not a normal couple.” I reminded him.

“Oh yes! I am a god and you are a goddess.” He grinned. I scrunch my nose making him laugh. He stood up and dusted his pants.

“You are crazy!” I exclaimed.

“May I have this dance, beautiful lady?” He said and offered his hand.

“Here?!”

“This place is perfect.”

“Are you serious? How are we supposed to dance without music?” I asked him grinning.

“Who cares about music? As long as there is me and you, everything would be perfect.” He said sweetly. “So, will you give me the privilege to dance you, my goddess?” He asked and I stifled a laugh.

“My pleasure.” I smiled at him and took his hand.

He pulled me up and held me closer, his one hand on my waist and the other entertwined with my other hand. I s my other hand around his waist and leaned my head on his chest. He is right, who cares about not having the music, just the beating of our hearts is perfect to make one for us.

“Oh god, I don’t think I can leave without you and the kids.” He suddenly blurted out.

“We can’t live without you either.” I answered back snuggling closer to him.

He kissed my hand and caressed the ring on my finger.

“I have to plan this soon.” I heard him mumble while looking at the ring.

“Plan, what?” I asked him.

“Oh! Nothing. I love you, babe. More than you’ll ever know.” He stared at me lovingly and engulfed me in a warm hug. Anticipation grew in me as he kissed the top of my head, down to my forehead, eyes, nose, cheeks… and….

“Doue~~~”  My phone started ringing.

“Puff the magic dragon….” Another song filled the air, it was Jihoon and Jiyoon’s version of ‘Puff the magic dragon’. Hyukjae took his phone out and I glared at him.

“How dare you make that your ringing tone?” I told him.

“I just love it.” He shrugged and we checked the callers.

“Nichkhun.”

“Victoria.” Both of us mumbled wondering why they are calling us considering that it is almost 12 midnight. I answered the call and he did the same.

“Eommy~ can’t sleep. Go home.” Jihoon mumbled in the other line.

“It is already late baby, you should be sleeping now.” I told him. I overheard Hyukjae saying almost the same thing. I bet he is talking to Jiyoon.

“I want eommy.” He whined.

“Okay. Okay, I’ll be there in a bit. Wait for me. Love you.” I said and hung up. Hyukjae also finished the call.

“Duty calls.” I told him with a grin.

“I guess eommy and appa have to call it a night before the twins throw trantrums.” He stood up and offered me his hand. “Let’s go home.” He clasped our hands again before swinging his coat on his back.

“I thought you have to lessen your meetings with us?” I asked him.

“Yes, but my children need their appa. I can’t say no to that. I have to make the most out of the remaining time before you guys go to Boston.” He winked.

“Stubborn Hallyu star.” I shook my head.

Hyukjae laughed with my remark and took out something from his chest pocket. He placed it in my palm.

"What am I going to do with this?" I arched my eyebrow looking at the calling card that the girl gave her a while ago.

"Whatever suits your mood. Throw, shred, burn it if that will make you happy." He said.

"I thought you said you are going to call her if you are not busy?"

"I did?" He asked as if he can't remember himself saying that.

"You said okay to her!"

"Well, I don't need that. A Hallyu star is always busy." He shrugged.

"So if you are not busy with your work you are going to call her?" I exclaimed.

"No. I will still be busy with you and the kids." He said looking at the sky.

"What if you are not busy with us?"

"I doubt if that will ever happen..." He said, hands in his pocket and he faced me.

"…because I always want to keep myself busy with you and the kids."  He continued before snaking his hands on my waist. “Let’s go, we don’t want to keep the boys waiting.”