A Vacation?

That Thin Line

 

Hannah POV

 

A week passed and I am still thinking of what had happened during the party. I was really thinking that Hyukjae turned bipolar! The first second he is acting like a total in front of me and then after some time he started to act as if he cares and keeps on smiling all the time. That’s just it. He didn’t try to talk to me after their performance. Whenever I catch him looking at me, he would drift his gaze away then he would smile. All throughout the night the other guys are giving me those smiles as if saying that they know something that I don’t. When I asked oppa about what happened during their conversation he just told me that I should try guessing. What am I, a psychic? I didn’t try to ask him again because I am pretty sure he won’t give me even the smallest details.

I haven’t heard of the guys the whole week. I was expecting that Hyukjae will contact me, not that I am waiting for it, I was just thinking that maybe he will because after all he declared that he’ll make me fall for him again, but he didn’t. I figured why because oppa told me that SJM went back to Taiwan for an interview and CF filming. Still, an international call wouldn’t cost him that much! Fine, I am feeling bitter. After the party, they were back on their busy selves and I became busy myself, meeting my old pals and helping eomma in organizing the party for my ’83 line oppas. Yes, that’s what I call Leeteuk and Heechul oppa now, thanks for their awesome fans for giving me the idea.

For the celebration, eomma and Inyoung eonni rented this place at Jeju Island and we will be spending three days there. Good thing the company gave Super Junior a few days off from work. Today is our scheduled flight to Jeju and we will meet the guys at Jinyoung’s Café after lunch. After a long shower, I fixed myself and decided to bring my baggage to the living room.

“Eomma! I am ready! Eonni called, she said that she’ll meet us at the café.” I yelled as I went downstairs. No response.

“Eomma!” I checked their room. Empty.

“Eomma! Appa!” I yelled. Where did they go? Don’t tell me they left me in here alone!

I confirmed my thoughts when I went in the kitchen. I saw a note on the door of the refrigerator which says,

‘Sweetie, we’ll be going ahead. Your oppa told us that there are still some things to be arranged about the reservation. Jungsoo said he will pick you up later. Wait for oppa, okay? See you later. Love you so much J

-          Eomma and appa

 

They really left me here alone. As much as I wanted to take a cab and go there on my own, I can’t since my parents told me to wait for my brother. There is nothing I can do about it so I decided to wait for oppa. I took some strawberries from the fridge and I sat on the sofa lazily. I look at my watch, 11:05 am, if he can’t make it before 12:00, I’ll leave. Thirty minutes passed, I am keeping myself busy playing games on my Iphone when I heard the doorbell rang. Thinking that it is Leeteuk oppa, I hurriedly went to the door with a strawberry stuck on my mouth. I choked on my food when I opened the door.

                “Hannah, are you okay?” He said while rubbing my back. I am still coughing hard so I just nodded.

                “I’ll get you some water.” He is about to leave but I pulled his shirt and cleared my throat.

                “No need. I am fine.” I told him. He guided me to the sofa and went to the kitchen. He went back holding a glass of water.

                “I told you I am fine.”

                “Just drink it, it will make you fell better.” He handed me the glass and sat beside me. Sweet?

                “Why are you here? The meeting place is at Jinyoung’s café in case you forgot.” I reminded him.

                “I know.” He stood up. “If you are ready to leave, let’s go.”

                “I am waiting for oppa, you can go first.” Why is he even here in the first place?

                “Your brother asked me to pick you up, I don’t even know why.” He replied.

                “If you are against it, you can leave now. I can make it on my own.”

                “Who told you I am against it?” I heard him mumble while taking my bags from the sofa. “Your bag is too big for a 3-day vacation. You are not planning to elope with someone else, do you?” He eyed me.

“Of course not! I place everything there, that’s why. My clothes, shoes, camera, tripod, etc.” I reasoned.

“You are going to a vacation, not a photo shoot!” He said while swinging my Louis Vuitton tote bag on his shoulders. The guy is so cute nagging with his knotted forehead. And, the sight of him carrying my tote bag is somewhat heartwarming. Of course, not all guys will carry girls’ bag, they are too egoistic to do it thinking that their manly image will be ruined. But he did it for me and I consider it a sweet act. I can’t help but smile.

I think he noticed me smiling. “What?”

“Nothing.” I stopped myself from smiling. “Give me back my bag.” I told him pointing at my tote bag. As much as I appreciate his efforts, I can’t bear seeing a guy like him carrying a girls’ bag. “Aren’t you embarrassed carrying it?”

“I can manage.” He shrugged and made his way to the door pulling my baggage. I, on the other hand put my sandals on. I am taking my time in tying the lace of my gladiator sandals when someone squatted in front of me, took the lace and tied it for me. When I looked at who did it, I saw Hyukjae still with my tote bag on his shoulders and my baggage beside him. ‘I thought he went out already?’

“You really do things slowly.” He said before turning his back on me. I took the bowl of strawberries and followed him outside. I saw him waiting at the door. As soon as I reach his place, he locked the door then guided me to his car while holding my hand. He placed my bags at the backseat and opened the door of the passenger seat for me without taking his hands off mine.

“Is there really a need for this?” I asked while showing him our clasped hands.

“Just to make sure you will not run away. It is dangerous near the road.” He reasoned.

“What am I, a five year old kid?” I hit him on the shoulders before getting in the car. I noticed him smiling while shaking his head as he get in the driver’s seat.

                The drive to the café is really quiet. I decided to look out of the window and munch on my strawberries instead of talking to him. I still don’t know what to say and it feels awkward to start a conversation. I started to think, he acted as if he is my boyfriend a while ago. Well, except for the fact that unlike the old days, he is quite distant now and there is that mysterious glint in his eyes. ‘It is because he is not your boyfriend!’ I sighed with the thought.

                “We are almost there, don’t worry.” He said and I just nodded. I decided to offer him some strawberries because I know that he likes it.

                “I can’t use my hand. I am driving.” He declined.

                “Sorry for you, then.” I shrugged and continued eating.

                “Well, I can eat it if you will just feed me.” He suggested with a seductive smile. ‘Don’t get affected!’

                “Tell you what. Go and drive faster so you can have a taste of these strawberries.”

                “You’re evil. Can’t you do it even as a sign of thanks because I picked you up?”

                “That doesn’t sound right, Lee hyukjae!.”

                “What is not right with- oh! I mean because I fetch you.” He said, stopping himself from smiling.

                “Fine! Just one. Here.” I held the strawberry near his mouth and he took it in a whole resulting for his lips to brush on my fingers.

                “Yuck!” I wipe my fingers on his shirt.

                “Yah! Park Hannah! Don’t ruin my shirt!”

                “It is disgusting!”

                “What’s disgusting?”

                “Your saliva, idiot!”

                “I had already kissed you and all and you are still acting like that?” He asked with a teasing tone.

                “Yah! Lee hyukjae!” I hit him in his shoulders one more time.

                “I have no plans of being a battered husband.” He said in a whisper and shook his head.

                “What did you say?!”

                “Nothing. We are here.” He said and parked the car in the open space in front of the café.

                He opened the door of the café for me and as we get in, I was caught in surprise because someone threw petals on us while singing the wedding march. When I looked at who did it, I saw Donghae and Kyuhyun on each side of the entrance, grinning. I gave each of them death glares and sat on the empty table.

                “Jinyoung! One Coffee Jelly!” I yelled. It was okay yelling now because as usual, there is no other customer inside other than us.

                “I am not a waiter, but I can make an exception for you.” He replied as he walk to the bar counter.

                “Thank you.” I said and looked at everybody else. “Are we still waiting for someone?” I asked them.

                “We are just waiting for Inyoung noona, she has the plane tickets.” Hyukjae answered and I just nodded.

                “I think the two of them are doing well.” I heard someone whispered.

                “Let us just wait for the big news, Kyuhyun.”

The other guys started the teasing again, leaded by Donghae and Kyuhyun. These guys are having fun doing it!

“Here is your coffee jelly, Hannah.” Jinyoung sat beside me while laughing.

“Don’t you dare join them, Jinyoung, how much is this by the way?”

“For you, it’s free.” He smiled at me.

“Are you sure it’s for free?!” I asked him again.

He shrugged and took his pen and notebook out. “Who do you think is the hottest Super Junior member, Hannah?”

I could have answered Hyukjae instantly but good thing my mind is working perfectly fine at the moment and I think I have an idea on how this thing works when the guys complained and whined. I smiled at them. How about a time for revenge? I looked at Jinyoung with a smile.

“Donghae and Kyuhyun.” The two guys protested and Hyukjae stuck his tongue out at them. The other guys patted their shoulders as if saying their condolences.

Jinyoung started to write something in his notebook. “That would be 5, 000 won plus 10% for the ruined flowers another 10% for that mess.” He said while pointing on the petals at the entrance.

“and additional 80% for pissing me off.” I added.

Jinyoung nodded. “Yeah, sure. Kyuhyun and Donghae, pay me 5,000 won each of you.” The other two tried to protest but when Jinyoung smiled at them, they obliged. This guy’s smile is too dangerous. I think he is this successful because of his business techniques against Super Junior.

We waited for Inyoung eonni for about 15 minutes and she handed us the tickets the moment she came in. She added some information on who will be seated next to each other.

“Our birthday boys, Leeteuk and heechul will be seated together…” She said. “…and then on the opposite side of the birthday boys, Hyukjae and Hana.” The boys cheered after hearing the news.

“What?!” I asked.

Donghae went out of the café first followed by the others while humming the wedding march. I threw a crumpled tissue on his direction but it didn’t reach him.

“Eonni!” I protested but she just smiled.

“I can’t do anything about it. The airline is the one who arranged it, sweetie.” She reasoned. Yeah right! As if I will believe you.

“Oppa!” I tugged oppa’s arm.

“Enjoy the flight, Hannah.” He smiled and passed my hand to Hyukjae who is standing behind me.

The other guys went out including my parents who just smiled at us. Only Hyukjae and I were left inside.

“Hey! You still want some time alone? I can lock you guys inside, just tell me!” Jinyoung yelled from the door with a grin.

I drag Hyukjae out of the café which earned more teasing from the others.

“OOOOOHHHH~ holding hands while walking?”

Oh lord! This vacation is just starting…

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Comments are loved! :)

I'll try to find time in updating this...

For those who will leave comments and for those who never fails to make one ... *hugs* I love you guys!