Back to his arms.

That Thin Line

HANNAH POV

 

I sat on the passenger seat not minding who is in charge of the wheels. After I closed the door, the driver suddenly pulled me closer to him, held me by the waist, his other hand on my nape and started kissing me passionately! I was shock beyond words, did I entered the wrong car and ended up sitting with a ert or even worst a ???!!! 

I was about to hit him non stop when he suddenly pulled away and smiled warmly at me, I was left speechless.

“Welcome back, babe…” He said and gave me another peck on the lips.

“LEE HYUKJAE!!!!!!” I screamed and hit him nonstop.

“What?? Awww! Awww! Babe.. Wait! Stop!” He winced.

“Are you really trying to freakin’ KILL ME????!!!!” I said with a last hit.

“You are the one who is trying to kill me!” He said rubbing his arms.

“You scared me!”

“I’m sorry. I just miss you a lot and I am starting to claim all those kisses. Don’t you miss me?” He asked with puppy eyes.

“I hate you.”I said snobbishly but I know that he knew better than that.

“I miss you.” He smiled.

“I hate you.” I scoffed.

“I miss you.” He cooed.

“I hate you.” I said with a lesser conviction.

“I love you.”  He smiled and in an instant, I melted but of course I won’t let him know.

“Just drive and we will talk about this later.” I replied. I miss him a lot, I admit it. But he scared the hell out of me, I thought I would end up getting by someone.

I took my phone out when I remembered something. I opened the missed calls and saved Seyoon’s number on my phone.

“Who is Seyoon?” Hyukjae asked peeking on my phone.

“Just concentrate on your driving!” I snapped at him.

“Why are you yelling at me? Do you hate me that much?” He asked.

“What do you think?” I asked back. He sighed and parked the car at the side of the road.

“Look. I am really sorry, okay. I know I broke my promise but I have to do that because things have been really complicated here and I need to straighten things out so that it won’t be hard for you and the kids once you come back.” He explained.

“You should have told me earlier, I will definitely understand. But you didn’t  and I was waiting for a phone call ever since that rumor started! I felt so lost because I didn’t know what was going on.”

“I thought the rumors wouldn’t be a problem because you trust me and you will treat it as nothing, that’s why I didn’t care to explain and besides it slipped my mind.”

“How am I suppose to think that way? You haven’t contacted me for a while and I was waiting for your call the whole time hoping that you can even check on me and the kids. I thought you already forgot about us.” I mumbled.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t contact you for the past two weeks because I am into a lot of pressure lately and I don’t want you to worry about me because I know that even if I told you that I am fine, you can still see through me. And besides I’ve been really busy. And about me not checking up on you and the kids, you are wrong. I’ve been bugging Leeteuk hyung a lot and even JYJ to check up on you just to assure that you guys are fine.” He said and pulled me into a comforting hug. “I am really sorry, Hannah.”

“You really should be. I’ve been to an emotional roller coaster because of you.” I said and pinched his side.

“Aaaw! I have no plans of being a battered husband.” He mumbled to himself but I heard him, I smiled to myself, he said the same thing when he fetched me for our trip to Jeju to celebrate my 83 liner oppas’ birthday months ago when he still has no idea about the twins. But I pretended that I didn’t hear him back then.

“You were saying?” I pretended not to hear it again.

“Nothing. …Babe, please forgive me.” He pleaded.

“Do I have any other choice?”

“I’ll give you one. It is either you forgive me or you kiss me.” He grinned at me.

“I forgive you.” I said and lightly tapped his cheeks. “Now drive.” I told him as I sat back to the car seat comfortably.

“I’ll let you off now. Just now.” He pointed out and started driving with one hand while the other one held my hand. He will just release my hand for a few seconds if he needs to shift gears. “By the way, is it okay with you if you guys stay first at Junsu’s place? The twins, Vi and Nichkhun might be already there by now.”

“Junsu’s place? Why?” I asked.

“The security in his place is pretty tight. You, the twins and your friends can rest properly without fans or reporters bugging you every minute.” He explained.

“You’ll be staying with us, right?”

“I didn’t know you miss me that much, babe.” He teased and I rolled my eyes.

“So?”

“I still have rehearsals later today and the concert is tomorrow so I might not stay there for a long time, but don’t worry, it is safe there.” He assured me and I simply nodded.

“So, who planned everything?” I remembered to ask him because I am still puzzled with how everyone pulled that stint tactically.

“Even if they are the most annoying, evil and disrespectful younger ones in both groups, I must say, they have a hell of working brains.”He chuckled.

“Kyuhyun and Changmin?” I guessed and he nodded.

“Plus Siwon’s idea. I think Athena and Poseidon awakened the spy on him.” He said. “Everyone adjusted their schedules so that they can comeback to Seoul today. Well, Yunho and Changmin is really scheduled to go back today so they didn’t do any adjustments, only JYJ, Siwon and Donghae did.”

“So everyone is working together including DBSK?” I asked totally surprised and intrigued.

“Yeah.” He replied briefly.

“How did you do all these?” I asked him.

“Let’s just say that my sacrifices of not contacting you for awhile and my visit to Japan which resulted to a rumor really paid off.” He smiled eyes focused on the road.

“You really are not planning to tell me anything?” I squinted.

“No, at least not yet. I will tell you soon so just be patient because I don’t want to spoil everything.” He mumbled on the last part.

“Fine.” I said and decided to lay it off since I can really feel that he is not going spill anything just yet. I shifted my attention back to my phone thinking if I should send Seyoon a message.

“Babe, I promise I will tell you soon so please talk to me.” Hyukjae suddenly spoke after I went silent for a while. He could have thought that I intentionally disregarded his presence.

“Babe, you are being paranoid.” I rolled my eyes.

“It is because your silent treatment always drives me crazy.” He pouted like a cute kid.

“Don’t worry I am not on a silent treatment mode right now. I was just thinking about something. Just continue driving.” I said.

“Red.” He pointed to the traffic light. I shrugged my shoulders and started typing a message for Seyoon.

 

To: Seyoon

                Seyoon ah~ Take good care of the cap. It is Heechul oppa’s  ;D

 

I grinned after sending her the message.  I don’t mind sending her a message because she seems to be a nice girl. Besides, I can just easily change my number if she ever decided to spread it to ELF.

“Why are you so happy sending messages?” Hyukjae noticed me smiling.

“Nothing.” I said and waited for a reply. My phone vibrated and I opened the message.

 

Fr: Seyoon

                Hannah Eonni?~ Why didn’t you tell me that it was you? L

 

Instead of replying to the message, I decided to call her.

“Eonni~” She said as soon as she answered the call.

“Hi there Seyoon ah~ how did you know that it was me?” I giggled earning a knotted forehead from Hyukjae.

“After Heechul ssi told me that the cap was his and keeps on insisting for me to give it back. When I told him that a friend gave it to me, he said it is impossible because this one is a limited edition and he lend it to a friend a while ago. He even suspected me of stealing this!” She hissed on the phone, trying to keep her voice low.

“Why are you whispering and what happened to the word ‘oppa’” I asked her still grinning. I glanced at Hyukjae’s direction and he is mouthing the word ‘oppa’ with his what-the- look.

“Eonni, I am already changing bias, it’s Donghae oppa now.” She exclaimed.

“Pft. As if. No one can resist Kim Heechul.” I heard oppa’s voice from the background.

“Where are you now?” I asked her.

“Super Junior’s van we are currently at Hakdong intersection.” She said and I can imagine a pout on her face.

“Yah! Who are you talking too. You can’t just say information like that!” I heard Heechul oppa snapped at her.

“Give him the phone, Seyoon ah.” I instructed her.

“Hannah Eonni wants to talk to you.” I heard her say.

“Yah! Why are you being disrespectful??!!! What did you say? Hannah??!!!” Oppa shrieked.

“I told you, she gave that cap to me!” Seyoon told him.

“Hannah?”

“Oppa! Why are you scaring Seyoon?!” I scolded him.

“So you really gave that cap to her?” He asked me.

“Yes. She is really nice to me so please stop scaring her and bring her with you to wherever we are meeting.”

“Are you sure? What if she calls her friends and inform them about our location?” He asked.

“Yah! I am not like that!” Seyoon yelled at him.

“Just bring her with you okay? I am hanging up.” With that said, I ended the call and faced Hyukjae.

“What’s with that face?” I asked with a yawn after seeing him with a gloomy face.

“This is the first time we saw each other again after two months and you are not even paying that much attention to me.” He pouted.

I rested my head on the car seat, ran my left hands on his face and laughed a little as I say, “You know what? I missed you…a lot”

With eyes still on the road, he smiled, held my hands and kissed the back of my palms. “I love you babe..”

“Hmmmm…” I mumbled as I drifted to sleep. Hyukjae pulled me closer to him and rested my head on his shoulders.

“Rest well, babe.” He said and kissed the top of my head. It is great to be back in his arms again.