You can't fool me.

That Thin Line

 

HANNAH POV

I smacked Jinyoung’s forehead as soon as I sat near the bar counter.

“Yah!” He glared at me while rubbing his forehead.

I smirked at him.

“WHAT?!” He exclaimed still pissed. Hitting his forehead is a no-no. He hates it a lot because for him it is a sign that you are looking down at him as if saying that he is dumb, even if you did it just as a prank. Donghae did it to him back in high school just to get his attention and the next minute he stormed out of our room and didn’t talk to Donghae for a week. They managed to patch things up because I talked to Jinyoung. He told us not to do it again and don’t even try to.

“What if your girlfriend did that to you? Don’t tell me you will break up with her in an instant?!” Donghae asked him.

“That’s a different case. Of course I will let it pass if the girl that I like did it.” Jinyoung replied.

“and you went ballistic when Donghae did it!” I said.

“He is my friend but he is not my girlfriend.” Jinyoung reasoned.

“I am your girl-friend! Let me try!” I said and angled to hit him on the forehead. He held my hands firmly and glared at me.

“I told you not to even try.” He hissed and freed my hand. I immediately hid behind Donghae, Jinyoung is really scary!

“Well I guess, that’s it. No more hitting on the forehead.” Donghae chuckled.

 

I tried to hit him once more but this time he managed to dodge my hand.

“What the hell is your problem!?” He exclaimed firmly but keeping his voice low so that the customers will not be bothered.

“I knew it!” I smirked again and that irritated him more but this time I am not his scared high school friend anymore. This time he is not the only one pissed. I grabbed his collar and pulled him until our faces are just inches away. “Stop messing around with me Kwon Jinyoung.” I stressed.

“You are the one who came here and started this whole thing!” He snapped back.

“You told me that you will wait for me here.” I arched my eyebrows. His face is still pissed but this time with confusion all over it.

“The flowers, remember?” I said.

“Oooh! Yeah, the flowers. You like it?” He tried his best to sound excited but I knew better.

“Like it?!” I repeated and motioned to hit his forehead again. “I thought you like me? Why are you acting this way?” I said when he threw death glares at me. That’s the time he realized that I am purposely doing it to check his feelings out. “I am not dumb Jinyoung.”

“Aish~!  I told them this won’t work.” He mumbled in defeat.

“Them?” I squinted.

“Leeteuk hyung and Donghae. They told me to pretend that I like you just to force Hyukjae to speak up.”

“They really won’t stop, huh?” I said.

“Leeteuk hyung almost panicked when Donghae told him about the whole ‘just friends’ thing. So they thought of a plan to make Eunhyuk jealous and this is it. They said that I am perfect for the role so they forced me to do it. I told them that you will never believe it if it was me but they didn’t listen.” He explained. “Hannah, don’t tell them that I spilled everything, okay?”

I nodded. “From now on, stop sending flowers. You are wasting your money just because of those stupid plans.”

“I didn’t buy those flowers for you, Leeteuk hyung and Donghae did. They just put my name on the card. I will never agree to this plan if there is a need for me to spend my money.” He confessed. My ever thrift friend, Jinyoung.

“They are willing to spend money just because of that? Well then I’ll give them a piece of their own medicine.” I said.

I dialed oppa’s number using Jinyoung’s phone and instructed him to answer it. I wrote something on a piece of paper and held it up for Jinyoung.

“Hyung! Hannah? Yeah, she came…and I think she is starting to figure things out.” He read the last part.

“No! I didn’t tell her anything.” Jinyoung answered and looked at the piece of paper again with a knotted forehead but decided to read it anyway.

“Hyung, she mentioned a while ago that she is eyeing this thing and is planning to buy it soon. What if I buy it for her? NO..I mean you buy it for her and as usual pretend that it is from me.” He said and stopped to listen to oppa on the other line.

“I know she’s not a materialistic person but she knows how thrift I am. She will think that I am serious about her if I changed a bit for her, right? If she won’t accept it then its all yours, you won’t waste money with this plan of mine.” Jinyoung said. He paused for a moment.

“IPAD 2” He continued and winced after. I am pretty sure that oppa is freaking out right now.

“That is just a suggestion. I really don’t care if she finds out, I can always say that you forced me into it. Your call, hyung.” Jinyoung replied and I smirked. I didn’t write those things for him to say, he said it on his own. After listening to oppa on the other line, he ended the call.

“Say hello to your Ipad 2 tonight.” He said with a laugh. “You are one scary girl, Park Hannah!”

“Yeah, so don’t try to mess with me again.” I said.

“But come to think of it. It is a perfect plan to force Hyukjae to confess.” He replied. I kind of agreed with him but with a different circumstance. He is up to the friend and confession thing but I on the other hand is thinking about Hyukjae’s declaration that he’ll make me fall for him but he didn’t even told me that he still have the same feelings towards me.

“I guess you are right.” I said and suddenly he caressed my hand lovingly.

“What the hell are you doing?!” I glared at him.

“SSHHHH! Just smile. He is here.” I was about to take a look when Jinyoung caressed my cheeks. “Don’t look back. Let’s just try this, shall we?” He said.

On my peripheral view, I saw someone sat beside me and took Jinyoung’s hand away from my face.

“Excuse me, one hot chocolate please.” He said to Jinyoung. I faced him and he is wearing a cap and aviators maybe for others not to recognize him.

“There is a counter there. Don’t bother us.” Jinyoung replied.

“Aish! What kind of café is this?” He said and stormed out of the café. I sighed. I think it is really fine with him if I go out with other guys. He doesn’t care at all.

“How did you know that it was him?” I asked Jinyoung to hide my disappointment.

“His Adidas outfit makes a statement. He is the only person I know that wears that kind of clothes in places like this.” He reasoned.

“Yeah, he is really weird. He is even fond of wearing leopard printed clothes.” But he looks good on it. I admit to myself.

“Oh! You are here again?” Jinyoung suddenly blurted while looking at someone behind me.

“Yeah, I forgot something.” Hyukjae answered and pulled me from my seat. As I walked beside him, I looked back at Jinyoung to say thanks. He waved at me and pointed at something on the side of his café.

 

DON’T LEAVE YOUR VALUABLES UNATTENDED.

 

I grinned at him and waved back. 

 

 

---------------------------

@lostprincess Do doubt about that XD He is cute but I love Hyukjae more.hahaha. I updated as soon as I woke up. hahaha

@Cupcake Thanks for subscribing! Hope you like it :)

@MusicChibi If we could just take it off! hahaha. Anyways, Siwon is doing a great job lately (taking his shirt off during concerts XD).

@brattygurl You are right! hahaha. Siwon was a great help. Love advice column from a hottie... BIG HIT! lol. Your long comment is <3

@Khayz8 IKR! I actually laughed at it but i don't want to change it. hahaha. Our Shisus is the best.hahaha