A little help

That Thin Line

NO ONE’s POV

 

It is almost the end of the concert and the tension is starting to build up backstage, particularly to Lee Hyukjae. He was actually fine a while ago and has been performing really well on stage, but as the last part of the event gets near, he is starting to lose his concentration, his heart beating really fast that he almost felt that it will jump of his chest and he can feel the butterflies in his stomach.

“Is he okay?” Sungmin nudged his Leeteuk hyung on the side, pointing at Hyukjae.

“He is losing it.” Heechul chukled as he hand Leeteuk a bottle of water. They just finished their ‘band performance’, Sungmin on the guitar, Leeteuk on the keyboard, Heechul on the drums and Kyuhyun for the vocals.

“Look at how he tries to concentrate. He better not mess up with this.” Leeteuk replied to the two boys while looking at Hyukjae who is busy writing something on the palm of his hand. Kyuhyun passed by the guy’s side and tried to take a peek. Judging from the grin on his face, he is successful.

“What was that?” Jinyoung, who volunteered to help with the refreshments and snacks, stood beside the trio and asked the maknae who is now standing in front of them.

“Speech?” Sungmin guessed and Kyuhyun shook his head.

“Lyrics.” Kyuhyun replied trying to suppress his laugh. The other men weren’t as successful as him because they ended up giggling.

Their center of attention glanced their way and stared at them for a few seconds, they almost thought that he will throw a fit. Unknown to them, he is looking at their direction but his concentration is still on memorizing the lyrics of a certain song. He already memorized everything yesterday but things are starting to get blank whenever the thought of doing this tonight crosses his mind.

“Donghae out in 2! K.R.Y onstage in 3! Encore in 10!” One of the staff shouted informing everyone about the timeline.

Hyukjae tensed up again after the announcement and the boys who were watching him shook their heads. Never did they imagine that Lee Hyukjae has this kind of insecurity, uncertainty and nervousness in his life.

“I’m getting ready.” Kyuhyun said and started preparing for K.R.Y’s performance. The other guys approached Hyukjae and tried to ease his tension. Heechul went behind him and started massaging his shoulders, Sungmin took in charge of massaging his arms and the leader held Hyukjae’s face in his hands and started tapping his cheeks lightly. Hyukjae felt his whole body vibrating because of his co members, he started complaining.

“Ahhhh! Hyung! Stop it!”

“We are helping you relax! Just enjoy!” Heechul replied, slapping hyukjae’s shoulders lightly.

“You are not! I am being battered here!” The youngest replied and freed himself from the grasp of his hyungs.

“See? You’ve loosen up!” Leeteuk grinned at him but frowned when Hyukjae checked his palms again.

“Argh! I can’t put everything in my head!” Hyukjae said frustartedly, he should only memorize the first part but three boys who are also supposed to help him with the performance are not yet on the venue.

“Just memorize the first part then.” Yunho suddenly butted in.

“Then proceed with your speech on the next parts. We will cover everything.” Changmin assured him.

“WAIT!!… I….hah…we.. we..ah..are… here!” Junsu said as he arrived panting with Jaejoong and Yoochun, hands in their knees.

“Why did you arrive so late?!” Hyukjae said, frustrated but at the same time relieved.

“Sorry… stuck…in traffic.” Jaejoong replied still exhausted. Changmin, Yunho and Heechul gave each of them a bottle of water and the three of them gulped it in one go.

“Whew! Thanks!” Yoochun patted Changmin’s shoulders. The five guys are back to how they used to be just like the old days. Well, atleast behind the camera and the public.

“Yah! Stop complaining, okay. We ran a kilometer just to be here on time. We looked like crazy fools on the streets, good thing no one noticed us. Just let me rest for a bit, it is tiring.” Junsu said as he sat down on one of the chairs.

“Wait. Don’t tell me that you are going to wear that later!” Jaejoong exclaimed pointing at Hyukjae’s outfit which is composed of a casual jeans and a black sleeveless shirt with sapphire blue prints, it was the member’s official shirt for that event.

“Oh! This.” Hyukjae bit his lips. Keiko is still not here and she is the one who is incharge of his  outfit for the night. If Keiko wouldn’t make it on time, he needs to find atleast a decent top. With that in mind, his glance went straight to Jaejoong’s coat. Jaejoong noticed the look on the other guy’s face and he frowned.

“Okay. I got the message!” Jaejoong rolled his eyes and took the coat of. “Take care of it, it is an Armani.” He mumbled.

“Yunho, don’t you know where Keiko is now?” Leeteuk asked the boyfriend. Yup, Yunho and Keiko are dating that is why it is easy for him to schedule an appointment with the popular designer.

“Her flight is delayed for an hour but she should have been here by this time, she is not answering my calls either. “ He said worried while checking his phone. Then suddenly he whined, “Keiko!!”

“Here!” A girl running to their direction shouted while waving her hand. “Sorry for the trouble, got myself stuck at the immigration.” She explained.

“Why are you running?! You could have tripped yourself!” Yunho reprimanded.

“Scold me later.” The girl pecks Yunho’s lips earning a groan of jealousy from the other boys. Jealousy because they still do not have that special girl for them unlike Hyukjae and Yunho. Who would have thought that two of the most notorious playboys of SME, is already close to settling down. “I think I still made it on time. Here.” Keiko faced Hyukjae and gave him the suits that she promised. “Good luck!” She beamed.

“Just in time.” Hyukjae smiled at her gratefully. He placed the suit in one of the racks carefully, he will wear it later when he sneak out after the encore and during the ment.

“Now give me back my coat.” Jaejoong demanded.

“Encore in 5!” Someone announced.

“Let’s go!” Heechul said and went to the direction of the technical team to get his mic, followed by the rest of the boys.

The technical team also helped DBSK with their mics and earpieces. They decided to give Hyukjae a little help later from the backstage.

“Encore in 2! And Hyukjae in…” The staff shouted and she added teasingly, “…. whenever he is ready.”

 

 

 

------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update. There are alot of things going in my head now so please be patient with the next chapters. Don't worry we'll get there soon. :)