Memories of that day (A flashback)

That Thin Line

EUNHYUK FLASHBACK POV

When hyung told me that Hannah is coming home for a one week vacation, I acted as if I don’t care back then. I even managed to tell him that I’ll be on Jeju with my family by that time. While it was true that my family is in Jeju, I was actually on Seoul. That is when I saw her again. We had a chance to talk and I got the chance to spend some time with her but that is something that I didn’t tell Leeteuk hyung. I won’t, because he might end up killing me.

I can still remember, it was about 2:00 in the morning when I saw her. She came from her friend’s party and I must say, she drank quite a lot. She was about to get inside the cab when I stopped her.

“Yah! This is my taxi!” She said it in English. Is she that wasted, she thought she is still in Boston?

“I am sorry for the bother ahjussi.” I told the taxi driver who looked pissed and closed the car’s door.

                “Wait! My Taxi!!! Look at what you have done. You know how difficult it is to hail a taxi right here?” I can’t understand everything that she is saying since it is in English and she saying it in an unnatural speed.

                “I am taking you home. And stop using English, you are in Korea now.”

                “Korea? Oh right! This is Korea. I forgot, thanks for reminding.” She said still in English I just shook my head. “Oops. Sorry. Wait, you look familiar.” She told me. What the?! She hasn’t figured out yet who am I but she still stay with me? What if I am not there to assist her and a random guy just talk to her, she’ll go with him too?! Aish! This girl can’t be left alone when she is drunk. What is the sense of drinking alcohol anyway? Look at her, she can’t even walk straight.

I carried her bridal style and she looked at me in the eyes. “I remember those brown eyes. You really have nice eyes. ” She said and I looked away.  “Still feeling shy because of compliments? You never changed.” She rested her head on my chest. “I miss you hyukjae.” She said before drifting to sleep. She is drunk Hyukjae, remember that. Drunk people blabber nonsense. But people tends to say their true feelings too when they are drunk. Better forget what you heard hyukjae.

 

I placed her on the passenger seat and I sat on the driver’s seat. I was about to drive her to their house when she stopped me. “Don’t bring me home. They will give me a handful of scolding if they figured out that I drank quite a lot outside.”

“Where will I take you?”

“You can just drop me to the first hotel that we could pass by. I can make it from there.”

I can’t risk dropping her to a hotel. First, it is unsafe since she is alone. Second, there might be some paparazzi and I wouldn’t want to see my face on the headline tomorrow. Third, Hannah’s name might be dragged along with me on a controversy, I would never allow that to happen.

“Forget it. I am taking you home.”

“I told you, you can’t . If you would keep on insisting, stop the car now.” She said and I can sense a hint of anger in her voice.

“I told you I am taking you home.”

“WELL, I TOLD YOU-“

“My house, not yours.”

“Are you crazy?! You’re parents might think we are back together.”

“They are at Jeju, so don’t you worry about us being back together thing. “ I said bitterly. She didn’t answer back and when I looked at her, she drifted back to sleep. Is the Idea of getting back together is really absurd for her?

As soon as we get inside the house, she went straight to my room. I was surprised to know that she can still remember. She used to help me with my studies during my trainee days and we always spend time reviewing in my room. I locked the front door and followed her inside to check if she is okay, I think I’ll be sleeping on my noona’s room for tonight…

“Hannah, if you need some-“ I stopped on my tracks and my jaw literally dropped when I saw her lazily removing her shirt.

“Why is it this hot in here?” She is talking to herself. I think she forgot about the door or maybe she was just too oblivious and not on her usual self because of the alcohol. She walked to the bed but didn’t make it because she tripped over the blanket which is now on the floor.

“AAAWWWW! Why is this thing here?!” She complained. I don’t even know how the blanket got there. I am very specific on having my room neat and clean. I am still thinking if I should help her or what. I can’t go near her, she doesn’t have a shirt on and I am a hot blooded male for crying out loud! I might lose control!

But I can’t stand leaving her on a pitiful situation like that so I helped her and carried her to the bed. I am really having a hard time. I think I stopped breathing and sweat is now forming on my forehead. She was just so tempting and I am just a guy! And my feelings for her just added to my frustration. I was almost successful on putting her to bed unharmed. ALMOST. Because I also tripped over that damn blanket, good thing we landed on the bed but my lips landed on hers and I could feel my self control slowly evaporating in the air. When I felt her lips moved with mine, that is when I totally lost it.  And then it happened.

The following morning, I opened my eyes when I felt someone moved beside me. Then, I remembered what happened last night. That is something worth celebrating for and maybe this time I can ask her to stay with me and have her back in my life again. I turned around and faced her. I saw her seating on the bed on a sit up position, her hands was combed on her messy hair, her elbows resting on her knees.

“Hannah …” I called her and sat on the bed myself.

She looked at me, her face full of emotions. I can’t read what is on her mind now. And did I just saw regret in her eyes?

“About last night…” I continued.

“Forget it.” She interrupted me.

“What?!”

“Forget it. That shouldn’t have happened. “ She said coldly.

“You are asking me to forget it?! We shared something special last night and now you are asking me to forget it as if it was a big mistake?!” I can’t help myself but yell. I am sure that she still has feelings for me, I can feel it. What I can’t understand is that why is she denying it.

“I am drunk. Yes, it was a mistake and it was my fault. “

 After what she said, we had this heated argument I even tried to convince her to stay with me and make our relationship work for the second time. I left her and went to the bathroom to calm myself and give her time to think but when I came back, she is gone and a saw a note on my bed which says:

‘Everything was a mistake… I’m sorry…’

 

I crumpled the paper for the nth time now. I can’t remember how many times I did. I thought I am already used with the pain. But the moment I saw her again, everything just poured in, pain, hatred, regret, confusion, longing, care… love. Yes, love. Because no matter how I deny it. That is how I feel. But I will never let her know. Pride is all that is left with me, I won’t let her take that away. With that in mind, I took my coat and car keys, I need to go back. I’ll prove to her that I can live without her. I’ll show her that I had finally moved on and her presence will never affect me in anyway possible. I will definitely do that even if I what I feel is the exact opposite of what I am trying to do.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------

It was my graduation this morning, and I'm kinda tired because of all the photo opps hahaha, but here's an update for everyone... Just a flashback POV though...  Giving you guys some idea^^

Sorry, I really can't write rated scenes so let Hyukjae make it up for me XP

 

Credits to the owner of the gif :)

 

O.O *drools*

Again, comments are loved!

If there are any errors with my writing, sorry about that... I just post everything after writing it. :)