Problem?

That Thin Line

HYUKJAE POV

 

At this point in time, I should be in Boston to take my family back but things here in Korea aren’t that settled yet. I am already planning on how will I start my life with Hannah and the kids officially as a family but I haven’t revealed to the public my current situation yet. Lee Sooman seongsaengnim, me and the other members are still thinking about the perfect plan on how to say and when to say it. I am currently on Hannah’s apartment, magazines, brochures and books for planning are scattered on the couch and the center table because I am trying to check all of them. Suddenly, the boys barged in the apartment with a grin on their faces.

“Need help?” Donghae asked as he plopped down on the couch beside me.

“How did you know that I am here?” I asked them as they made themselves comfortable in the living room.

“In case you didn’t notice, you are always here if you don’t have any schedules.” Yesung hyung pointed out.

“You’re really serious this time, huh? Good!” Heechul hyung nodded while eyeing the stuffs in the living room.

“He should be.” Leeteuk hyung mumbled seriously.

“So where do we start?” Jaejoong hyung who is also with them asked as he sat on the floor. Everyone is getting along pretty well lately and we’ve been seeing each other a lot secretly.

No one answered Jaejoong hyung’s question because honestly, we don’t know where to start. Planning this thing is much on the girl’s side than the boy’s. When we started the brain storming, that is when all the idea started to pour in.

“How about Tiffany and Co.?” Leeteuk hyung asked, browsing a magazine.

“I think Cartier is the best.” Yoochun mumbled.

“I remember that Hannah wanted to go to Paris, you should take her there for your you-know-what.” Donghae wiggled his eyebrows.

“Maldives is a nice place too. Even Spain and Prague.” Siwon commented.

“As long as it is not Bora-Bora, it will be fine. There is no privacy in that place.” Yoochun grinned, stucking his tongue out.

“Not every person are like the five of you, swimming across every room, peeking through the glass floor and watching things eagerly. No wonder Changmin became a addict.” Heechul hyung chuckled.

“It is a learning experience.” Jaejoong hyung commented with a grin.

“Just as long as there is a comfortable bed, everything would be fine.” Yoochun mumbled flipping to the pages of the magazine.

“Yah! Censorship! The older brother is here.” Leeteuk hyung reminded everyone.

“Hyukjae ah, choose the food wisely, okay? Please consider my situation.” Shindong hyung begged and I chuckled at his remark. He is really working hard with his diet.

“I will try, but I can’t promise anything.” I told him and suddenly his energy fell but in a funny way.

“The beach is a great venue.” Sungmin hyung suddenly commented to Ryeowook who is busy checking travel brochures.

“Church is still the best.” Siwon commented.

“Why don’t you try Disney Land?” Junsu joked.

“Oh sure. You’ll be Donald Duck and he will be Mickey Mouse.” Jaejoong hyung replied sarcastically pointing at Yoochun.

I rubbed the back of my neck before pinching the bridge of my nose. Did I just say that they are helping me with the planning? Oh god, I think their opinions are making me crazier by the minute.

“Can someone remind me why are we doing this now? Hyukjae hasn’t even proposed yet.” Jinyoung asked.

“Err… because Hannah was able to catch the bouquet and the twins did the thing for their father?” Yesung hyung replied. Well, that is one of the reasons. The rest of the boys, including me, didn’t make it to the wedding because of our very tight schedule. But as soon as they told us the happenings during the wedding, I became very ecstatic that I started planning the wedding on my own. Well now, with their help.

“How sure are you that Hannah will agree to marry him?” Jinyoung mumbled.

“Yah! She will accept my proposal, I am sure of it!”

“Have you even planned on how and when to do it anyway?” Junsu asked.

“Yeah. I have plans.”

“Hyukjae ah. Don’t forget that all girls want this thing to be extra special, romantic and really memorable. Shindong’s proposal is very clever by the way. You have to think about it.” Yoochun advised.

“Oh! In Hannah’s case, just do it infront of both families. Yours and hers.” Donghae snapped his fingers and suggested.

“Just that? So simple, Mr. Simple!” Jaejoong hyung complained and we raised our eyebrows in his attempt of making a joke.

“Okay, not funny. I know.” He mumbled.

“But Donghae is right. She mentioned it to us once. She said that when a guy decides to propose to her, both of their families must be present. I just can’t remember when exactly, maybe during one of her hopeless romantic days in High School.” Jinyoung chuckled.

“So what is your plan, Hyukjae?” Leeteuk hyung asked.

“I’ll think about it again.” I said disregarding my initial plan. I need to consider Donghae and Jinyoung’s words.

“You know, we can continue this preparation after your proposal. You are thinking about a lot of things and preparing for a lot of events. You are not an event planner and there is still the concert just around the corner waiting to be finalized.” Leeteuk hyung reminded me.

“I want everything to be ready before I bring Hannah back here.” I mumbled.

“You are no superman, Hyukjae.” Heechul hyung said.

“That’s why you are here. To help me, right?” I grinned at them and they all sighed in defeat.

“Concert, proposal, wedding, revealing the news to the public, party.” Shindong enumerated all of my concerns.

“Obviously, we will help with the concert.” Leeteuk hyung said pointing to all the members.

“The party is just a simple one, right?” Jinyoung asked and I nodded. “I’ll take care of that.” He said.

“YAH! IS THAT REALLY YOU? ARE YOU SICK JINYOUNG AH?!” Donghae placed the back of his hands in Jinyoung’s forehead but the other guy slapped it away.

“I am trying to help okay? But I will definitely get reimbursement!” He declared.

“Yeah. You are still Jinyoung.” Donghae shook his head.

“Wedding plans. We can ask Sora noona and Inyoung noona to help us with that.” Donghae suggested.

“I will take care of the rest.” I said pertaining to revealing the news and my proposal.

“If you need help, we are always just a phone call away.” Jaejoong hyung assured me. 

“As of now, let’s get back to planning.” I announced and they started buzzing again. I just hope we can come up with something. Concert…. Hmmm. I think I may have a new idea now.

“But don’t you think Hannah will get pissed if we wouldn’t get her opinion about the wedding preparations?” Yoochun interrupted my thoughts.

“Oh she definitely will be pissed if things turn out differently from what she is expecting to have on her big day.” Leeteuk hyung warned us.

“Hyukjae hyung! We need to get her opinion about this first!” Siwon exclaimed.

“But the element of surprise will be gone. She will find out that Hyukjae is planning something.” Donghae argued.

“I already thought about it okay? Chill guys!” I said and faced Kyuhyun.

“Kyuhyun ah, please check your email if she already sent the information that I am asking her to find out.” I just instructed Kyuhyun while the others are still stating their opinions and he immediately checked it.

“Hyung, the e-mail is here. Well with additional curses because we are disturbing their honeymoon.” Kyuhyun grinned.

I browse through the email and sighed. This will be a hard work. I scrolled the page and opened an attached picture with a caption: ‘IT HAS TO BE THIS! SHE FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS ONE!’

I smiled at myself.

“Oh-Oh. That is where the problem lies.” Siwon said pointing at the signed name on the bottom of the scanned page of a magazine. “She won’t face you, hyung. You need to have connections. And it is really hard to schedule an appointment with her. Even my mother had a hard time.” He informed me.

“.” I muttered. After a few seconds I stood up, finally decided. “I’ll go to Japan to see her and talk to her.”

“You can’t just go there and see her, you need to schedule an appointment first.” Siwon mumbled.

“I’ll try my best. Give me three days.”

“Fine. Everything for love.” Siwon shook his head.

“How about Hannah? I thought you are going to Boston this week?” Leeteuk hyung asked with a knotted forehead.

“Maybe next week before the concert. I have to deal with Keiko first.” I said and he nodded.

“Your call. Be careful with the media we are still a hot topic. Don’t get caught.” He reminded me and we all glared at Kyuhyun and he just raised his hands up.

“Just three days okay? We have another filming for Strong Heart this week.” Donghae reminded me.

“And Hyukjae ah, you might want to ask for Yunho’s help.” Jaejoong commented. Yoochun and Junsu nodded their heads in agreement.

After hearing what he said my face lit up. Oh yes, now I remember! Keiko Tushiya!  I guess it wouldn’t be that hard to talk to her after all.

“Kyuhyun ah! Send that e-mail to Sora and Inyoung noona and ask them to help me prepare everything!” I said and ran towards the door. The maknae saluted and held a two thumbs up.

As of now, I have to concentrate with Japan and my purpose of going there.

 

My trip to Japan was successful and Keiko agreed to help me. She promised to keep in touch and even volunteered to work with us in Korea for the preparations. She also handed me a few designs for our upcoming concert. Of course, Yunho is a big help, not only that he allowed me to stay with them on their dorm but also with just a matter of one phone call, he helped me to schedule a talk with Keiko.  As soon as I finished my task there, I went back to Korea to finish all my schedules and to start with the preparation of another event, a concert for our fans.

“LEE HYUKJAE!!!!” I jumped at Leeteuk hyung’s voice. I just arrived from the airport and he welcomed me with a very scary voice.

“Hyung?”

“I TOLD YOU TO BE CAREFUL! NOW LOOK AT THIS! AISH!” He shouted showing me an article on the internet which is already the talk of the town.

“WHAT THE HELL???!!!” I exclaimed as I browse through the pictures.

“Hyung, have you seen the-“ Donghae stormed inside the room and stopped when he saw me. “I guess you saw it already.”

“We need to clear this up!” Leeteuk hyung mumbled before answering his phone. “Yoboseyo? Neh, songsaengnim.” He said on the line and glanced at my direction. “I will tell him. Don’t worry.” He said and ended the call.

“Lee Soo Man songsaengmin wants to talk to you. Now.” He informed me. I nodded and went out of the room in a hurry. My plans can’t be doomed, not now. Damn. I should have been extra cautious with our meeting. Now, all of Korea is talking about the two of us dating. Yunho and Keiko will surely kill me.

My phone rang and I answered it.

“Clear this mess in an instant! Eomma and appa is really furious! They felt really embarrassed towards Mr. and Mrs. Park. I won’t help you with the preparations until this is cleared!” Sora Eonni yelled at me on the line before ending the call, she didn’t even wait for me to explain. Great just great. Suddenly, the weight of the world is in my shoulders.

When I reached LSM’s office, he almost hit the back of my head.

“AISH! This kid!” He said and rubbed his neck.

“Sorry songsaengnim. I will clear this up.” I bowed and apologized.

“Of course we will do it!” He exclaimed. “What the hell are you doing in Japan with that designer?! I thought you are serious with Park Hannah? Damn it, Lee Hyukjae. Don’t you dare play games with me! ” He said frustratedly so I decided to explain things to him even my reason on going to Japan.

“You romantic, love sick, impulsive and careless idiot!” He exclaimed after hearing my explanation suppressing a grin. “And you didn’t inform me about this?”

“I was about to inform you but this rumor came out before I can even talk to you.”

He sighed. “Let’s do the explaining now since the promotions already ended, including your relationship with Hannah. SME will release an official statement about this.”

“No! I mean, I will do it on my own. I promised my fans that if there is anything that I wanted the public to now. I’ll reveal it to them first. I promised to be honest to them.” I said and he thought of it for a moment as if weighing his options.

“Fine. You have a filming for Strong Heart tomorrow. I can ask the producers to make a huge space for your fans, even for just the part of your talk. Can you do it there?” He asked.

“Yeah. I think I can.” I mumbled nervously.

“Good. I will prepare an official statement about this and I will let you check it before we release it a day after the filming.”

“Thank you songsaengnim.” I bowed.

“But remember our deal, Hyukjae. It is always the fans’ decision in the end.” He reminded me.

“I understand.” I said and exited the room.

Strong Heart tomorrow. It is about time. I hope that the fans will show their support. If I mess up with this, I don’t think I can take Hannah and the twins back any time soon.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am updating really quick since yesterday. I still have two unposted chapters. Still thinking if i can/ i will post it later...