Am I too late?

That Thin Line

HANNAH POV

I tossed my bag on the chair beside mine and sat in front of Nichkhun as soon as I entered the café. It is not as cozy as Jinyoung’s café but it is fine since we can talk properly here. No Super Junior members barging in and out and no café manager/owner eavesdropping.

“I tried calling Vi to check on the kids but she is not picking up.” I pouted.

“Good morning and I miss you too.” He chuckled.

“Khun, I miss them already! I failed to visit them yesterday because a lot of things happened at the dorm. Why isn’t she answering my call?!”

“Don’t worry, maybe she is already busy with the kids. I think she is planning to bring the kids to visit your parents’ house.” He replied.

“She is? Let’s go there then.” I said excitedly but he pulled me back to my seat.

“Didn’t I tell you that I need to talk to you?” He said.

“Is it really that important? Khun, I swear I already miss the twins.” I told him.

“Hey mommy, can you just concentrate with me today? The kids are doing fine.”

“Fine. What is it? Make it fast.”

“This will take long, I am telling you so don’t expect me to go fast with it.”

“Too long that you even invited me for breakfast?” I asked.

“Yup.”

“Can we finish this after lunch so I can go to my parent’s house?”

“No. But if we finish this today, you’ll surely spend the whole day tomorrow alone with the kids.”

“Fine.”

“But before that have you already checked your bank account?”

“Haven’t checked it this week, why?” I replied while checking the menu.

“Be sure to check it soon. My father’s friend owns one of the biggest record companies in Thailand and they bought some of our composed songs, the payment should be sent by now.”

“That’s great. I’ll check it later.” She said. Three guys entered the café which catch her attention. They are overly dressed for normal citizens. One guy has a red hair, the other is black with strikes of blonde, and the other guy is blonde. She thought that maybe they are idols because they are wearing layered clothes, caps, sunglasses and scarfs.

“So about the other thing...” Nickhun interrupted her thoughts and cleared his throat. “Victoria, me and you has been close friends while we are in Boston and up to now and we’ve been through a lot, right?”

“Definitely.”

“and our relationship became stronger because of that.”

“Nichkhun, I told you I hate it when you are beating around the bush. Just tell me!”

He sighed and took a black velvet box from his pocket and waved the thing in front of me. I heard whispers from the guys who just sat behind me but I ignored them, my whole attention is on Nichkhun and on what he will say even though I already now what it is.

“I was thinking of proposing.” He finally said it. I feel so ecstatic that I didn’t mind the noise of falling utensils behind me.

“Really?!” I said excitedly. He nodded shyly. I went beside him and hugged him. “Now I think I know why I am here.” I grinned at him and went back to my seat. “So how are we going to do this?” I asked.

“Well that is the reason why you are here.” He pointed out and I shook my head while laughing. This will be a very exciting day!

 

 

 

 

HYUKJAE POV

 

“Oh! You have your hair colored red?” Sungmin hyung asked when I entered the dorm. I didn’t answer him and went straight to my room. I removed my aviators and tossed my cap on my bed.

I settled everything with Jinyoung when I passed by his café after finishing the filming of a variety show. After saying the famous line, ‘May the best man win’ he laughed out loud and told me everything was just Leeteuk hyung’s plan and he is not courting Hannah. He told me that I should confess soon and I told him that I am planning to do it tonight.

With our date tonight in mind, I dragged Yesung hyung and Kyuhyun to accompany me to a salon to have my hair colored so that fans will not recognize me at Myungdeong. Yesung and Kyuhyun ended up having their hair colored too. I was in a good mood a while ago that is why I decided to treat them for breakfast at a café near the salon.

Just when I thought everything is okay, I personally witnessed a guy proposing to Hannah and she is really excited about it. I immediately stormed out of the café the moment Hannah hugged the guy because I can’t stand the pain and disappointment. Maybe she will just cancel our date tonight because she is with that guy. I think his name is Nichkhun, the same guy who called her last night.  

 

But I thought she is not seeing anyone at the moment?

Maybe, they’ve been in a relationship while they are in Boston.

Then why did she agree in going on a date with me tonight if they are together?

You told her that it is some kind of a celebration, you idiot!

But I am planning to confess to her tonight!

Oh well, sorry dude. You miss the chance.

 

Sometimes, talking to yourself will make you realize how idiotic you have become and the realization will sink in but this time it is too late. I sighed and threw a few punches on my bed to vent my frustrations.

“That is what you get from being tight-lipped, Lee Hyukjae.” I scolded myself.

Someone knocked on the door and when I opened it, I saw Yesung hyung and Sungmin hyung pushing Kyuhyun who is holding his laptop towards the door.

“Ah hyung!, Lets play Diablo! I have a new technique to show you.” The maknae said.

“It worked Hyukjae. I almost beat Kyuhyun last night with that technique!” Sungmin hyung exclaimed.

“I’ll try to play Diablo too. It is boring to play with my turtles everyday since they will only stare back at me.” Yesung hyung said trying to be funny. Guess what hyung? Fail Attempt!

 I know they are just trying to cheer me up. Yesung hyung and Kyuhyun witnessed the proposal too and maybe they told Sungmin hyung about it. I appreciate their efforts but in cases like this, I just want to be alone.

“I am tired from filming.” I told them.

“I still do this after my schedules, some sort of stress reliever hyung. You should try it.” Kyuhyun insisted.

“I still have schedules later.” I leaned on the door and shrug.

“I thought you are free today?” Sungmin hyung asked.

“I just remembered that I have to film Dream Team later today.” I lied.

“But you said you have a date with Hannah? You even have your hair colored so that your fans will not recognize you.”  Yesung hyung reminded.

“How can they go out if Hannah noona is with another guy?” I slammed my door shot after I heard those things. Thanks for rubbing it in, Kyuhyun.

I lay on my bed promising myself to get back on that evil maknae soon. With my energy drained because of the filming, I suddenly felt sleepy. I just hope that everything will be fine later…

I hope…