Keeping in Touch

That Thin Line

HYUKJAE POV

 

Hannah and the kids are already back to Boston since last week. As promised, I always call to check if they are okay. Well, I have to thank my jam packed schedule and rehearsals for keeping me occupied for the past week that I didn’t have time to think about not seeing Hannah and the twins for a while and that they are a thousands miles away from me. Thinking about how a week just passed like that, I think waiting for another week to pass before I could see them again wouldn’t be that hard.

Today is our comeback performance on SBS Inkigayo and we are still overwhelmed with the fans’ response to our 5th album. Everyone is busy preparing for our stage and the dressing room is really crowded with the members and our staff. I went to the farthest corner of the room with my laptop and I logged in to my Skype account. Seeing that I am distancing my self again to everyone, our manager asked one of our coordi noona to lock the door. They got the hint that I will spend a couple of minutes with my family on the web, I am really thankful that I have a bunch of understanding people around me.

“Thank you!” I mouthed and they just waved their hands on me with a smile.

I instantly grinned when I saw that Hannah is online. She has to be because I sent her a message earlier about me being free for a chat and especially because of Rule no. 2, she wouldn’t want me to take the next plane to Boston and ditch our promotions, I’m sure of it.

“Hey babe~” I cooed as soon as she accepted the video call. On the looks of it, she is laying on her stomach, her laptop on top of her bed. And do I need to mention that she really look hot wearing my oversized shirt.

“Hi babe~ I miss you.” She pouted, I suddenly have the urge to kiss her. But I controlled myself, I will look like a crazy guy if I ended up kissing my laptop screen.

“Babe, did you get yourself harassed?” I chuckled noticing her messy hair in a bun, fringes falling on the sides of her face and forehead.

“Just got up from sleep, it is freakin 1:00 am here you idiot. I set my alarm for you and I didn’t get an ‘I miss you’ back???!!” She said with a snob.

Suddenly, I felt guilty on asking her to log in on skype at this time of the day. How ignorant of me to forgot that we are on a very different time zone.

“I hate that look.” She told me. “Don’t feel guilty, I am more than willing to give in to your demands, now give me that ‘I miss you’ back. I am waiting!” She said impatiently.

“Now who is being demanding?” I arched my eyebrows.

“I don’t have the right too?” She shot back earning a laugh from me. She is adorably talkative today.

“You are the boss.” I grinned and suddenly softened. “I miss you babe… I really do.”  

“For real?” She asked.

I nodded. “You know what?”

“What?”

“I wanna kiss you right now.” I sighed and she pouted.

“I told you not to do that, it makes me want to kiss you more!” I whined. Suddenly she went near the cam and blew me a kiss, she backed off, smiled and I ended up groaning.

“That didn’t help at all! It made things worst.” I pouted.

“Just count all the kisses that I owe you and I’ll give you everything when I come back.” She grinned.

“I will surely count them all and I wouldn’t miss one.” I told her, looking forward to see her soon.

“How are the promotions going?” She asked me.

“Everything is doing pretty well, the response was good and the album sales are really high.” I informed her.

“Really high, huh? You should treat me and the twins when we get back.” She said.

“Of course, I will.”I smiled at her. I am actually planning a lot of things for her and the kids. “Have you watched our performances?” I asked her knowing that fans uploaded our performance videos on youtube.

“Yup! I downloaded it!” She beamed.

“You what?” I asked amused.

“Downloaded it. I saw a site where I can download it, so I did. You guys did great and you are looking great with the blonde hair.” She praised.

“I can’t believe you downloaded it.” I chuckled.

“It was really cool, specially the Superman performance. I got goosebumps! And the ‘Last Man Standing’… DAEBAK!” She told me excitedly. Man, this is the first time that I saw her actually fangirl-ing with SuJu.

“Is it safe to say that you are an ELF now?” I joked.

“Of course, I am!” She said proudly.

“Don’t forget to watch our performance today.” I reminded her. I am really happy that she is proud of us.

“I will download it first thing in the morning.” She assured me.

“How are the kids doing?” I asked. Too bad, I can’t chat with them today because they are already sleeping.

“Still the same hyper kids turned Super Junior fanboys, oh god they’ve been singing and doing this ‘Mr. Simple Simple’ thing most of the times!” She exclaimed doing the hand choreography for the chorus part.

“They are watching the perf too?” I asked. I am suddenly more determined to perform well knowing that my family is admiring our performance.

She rolled her eyes with the question. “If you only know how pumped up they get whenever they hear the song. The song was like played almost the whole day inside the house and they always want to watch the performances on the big flat screen T.V on the living room. Honestly, the song is really good but Nichkhun, Victoria and me are close to getting sick of it because of the twins.” She admitted.

“Just let the kids enjoy their appa’s performance.” I told her.

“No doubt that they are enjoying it which reminds me… they’ve been trying to do that hand stand stunt. They are too amazed when you did that! Seriously babe, I can’t leave them alone because they might do that again, I almost had a heart attack the first time they tried doing it!” She said with nervousness.

“They did?!” I asked shocked.

“They wanted to be like you.” She pouted again.

“Well, I should be flattered, right?”

“LEE HYUKJAE! I DON’T WANT THEM TO HAVE BROKEN BONES!” She freaked out. I am still amused how protective mother Hannah is.

“Eommy~~!” I heard the twins’ voices whining.

“Oops, sorry baby. Go on, just sleep.” She turned her attention to the twins for a while.

“Eommy is being a bad girl, shouting and waking my sons up in the middle of the night.” I chuckled, suddenly, the twins sat up, rubbed their eyes and looked around the room. When they saw me on the screen, they hasted in front of Hannah’s computer.

“Appa!!!” They beamed.

“Hello there, handsome boys.” I smiled at them.

“APPA! Why are you inside a box, talking?!!!!” Jiyoon exclaimed.

“Not box! Computer… Kyuhyun ashushi told us. Bap-top?? Bap-tol??Flat-top?? Eeeeh~ “ Jihoon whned not being able to remember what their ‘sensei’ told them.

“Did eommy wake you up?” I asked them instead so that they won’t ask more questions because Is seriously think that I wouldn’t be able to answer it in a way that they can understand and I don’t want them to be confused.

Both of them nodded.

“Now go back to sleep. Kids shouldn’t stay up late.” I told them but they shook their heads.

“Appa, Simple, Simple.” Jihoon said doing the dance.

“You want me to sing it for you?” I asked.

“And Teukkie Teukkie, and Kyuhyun ashushi, and Shullee ashushi and Sungmin ashushi and Siwon ashushi…” Jiyoon pondered.

“And Donghae ashushi and Wookie ashushi and Shindong ashushi and Yesung ashushi!” Jihoon added.

“You want all of us?” I asked and they nodded expectantly.

I roamed my eyes around the room and saw everyone is inside so I got their attention. 

“Hey guys! Someone is asking for a small performance here are you willing to do it?” I asked them turning my laptop to let them see who is asking for it.

“Kiddos!!!” They said excitedly and rushed beside me waving their hands to the twins and Hannah.

“What do you want, little fellas?” Leeteuk hyung asked them.

“Simple Simple!” They beamed.

“Hey! am Misher Dimple!” Jiyoon added with his cute smile, showing of his dimples like Leeteuk hyung.

“Waaaah! Cute!” Everyone cooed trying to reach for the screen.

“My nephews are learning really fast!” Leeteuk hyung said proudly.

“Hey, kids. Listen to Shullee ashushi, okay. Try this…. Shiljuhgi olladdaga dduhruhjyuhdda geuruhn ddaedo ijji.” He said singing his parts and shrugging his shoulders on the last part.

“ijji~” The twins mimicked only the last word and shrugged their shoulders cutely. Hannah covered while laughing and the other boys clapped theirs with a smile, wanting to pinch the twins’ cheeks.

“Let’s do it together, shall we?” I asked them and placed the laptop on the table. All of the boys stood up and positioned themselves making sure that they can be seen on the camera.

“Where’s Kyuhyun?” Hannah asked, that is when we noticed that Kyuhyun is not with us. We saw him busy playing starcraft on the other side.

“Playing starcraft.” I answered.

“Yah! CHO KYUHYUN. STOP PLAYING STARCRAFT THIS INSTANT!” Hannah shouted, the twins covered their ears.

“Coming! Geez, this is what I get for being one of the main dancers.” He said smugly and I rolled my eyes. He is so confident of his dancing skills now.

“Yah!” Leeteuk hyung complained when Kyuhyun pushed him on the side.

“Sorry hyung!” The maknae evilly grinned and hyung hit his shoulders.

“Ready? One,two, three!” I counted.

Bwara Mr. Simple, Simple geudaeneun geudaeneun geudaero muhtjyuh
Bwara Miss Simple, Simple geudaeneun geudaero yeppuh (SJ Call!)
Bwara Mr. Simple, Simple geudaeneun geudaeneun geudaero muhtjyuh
Bwara Miss Simple, Simple geudaeneun geudaero yeppuh (SJ Call!)

While we are dancing we can’t help but chuckle because Hannah and the twins are dancing with us. After we have finished, everyone raced in front of the computer.

“How was that?” Donghae asked blocking my view.

“Cool~!” They clapped their hands.

 “Be good there, okay?” Leeteuk hyung told them.

“Eat well!” Shindong hyung added.

“Be healthy!” Ryeowook piped in.

“Don’t forget to pray at night!” Siwon reminded

“Uhm, excuse, can I see my family now?” I butted in. They moved away after saying their goodbye.

“Finally.” I mumbled earning a chuckle form Hannah.

“That was really fun!” She beamed.

“I can see that you guys enjoyed it.” I smiled at them.

Someone knocked on the door and the coordi opened it slightly.

“5 minutes!” She informed us.

“I need to go.”

“Good luck on the performance.” Hannah said while surpressing a yawn.

“You better take a rest now.” I told them. She nodded and whispered something to the boys’ ears.

“One,Two, Three…” She counted..

“APPA, FIGHTING!!!” They cheered me up doing the ‘fighting’ gesture. I chuckled on how adorable the three of them looked.

“Watch the performance okay, and twins, don’t try to do what appa is doing during the dance break, okay? Eommy is worried.” I reprimanded them. They nodded with a pout.

“Good. Sleep well. I love you.” I said and blew them a kiss.

“Love you!” They cooed and I waited for them to cut the call.

“What?” Hannah asked.

“What what?” I asked back.

“What what what?” Jihoon butted in.

“What what what what?” Jiyoon did the same while using his fingers to count. Maybe the twins are thinking that we are on a game.

“Why aren’t you signing off?” She said with a smile because of the twins.

“I am waiting for you to do it.”

“You do it first.”

“No, you do it.” I argued not wanting to end it first.

“2 minutes!” Manager oppa shouted.

“Just do it, babe~”

“Annyeong, Hannah noona!” I heard Kyuhyun voice from beside me and a hand shut my laptop off.

“Why did you do that?” I exclaimed.

“1 minute!”

“That is why. You are such a love sick fool, hyung” Kyuhyun said and pushed me lightly outside the room with a grin.

On my way out, I made a mental note to change a part of my dance break next time. I don’t want to the twins to have broken bones either.