Friends' Wedding

That Thin Line

HANNAH POV

 

Victoria and Nichkhun’s wedding turned out to be a really beautiful one. The ceremony was really solemn and the reception was full of fun. The invited guest was just the family members, a few close friends and acquaintances that the number of people there wouldn’t even reach a hundred. As promised, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Yesung oppa arrived to sing for the wedding. Just them though because as they said it and also Hyukjae when he called me earlier that day, they are really busy and only K.R.Y are free to go since it is on their schedule.

When it is time for the tossing of the bouquet, I have no plans of joining the other single ladies but Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Yesung urged me to go, the maknae even lightly pushing me to the center while Victoria is giving me the look, asking me to give in so I did. I don’t want to ruin her day anyway.

“Ready?” Victoria asked everyone.

“Yes!” The girls shouted excitedly except for me. I am not really fond of these stuffs.

“Go Hannah noona!” Kyuhyun cheered while Yesung oppa and Ryeowook gave me a fighting gesture.

I rolled my eyes at them and motioned to give each of them a punch, just then they signaled me to focus back to the activity and when I turn back, I was surprised when a bouquet landed on my hands. I looked up seeing the newly weds’ grin and the other ladies disappointed faces.

“She’s so lucky.”

“How I wish I was on her position.”

“Congratulations!” Victoria mouthed with a grin, why do I have this feeling that she purposely threw it to my direction, but maybe I was wrong because her back was facing us when she tossed the bouquet. I stuck my tongue at her sarcastically and motion to hit her with the bouquet.

Some of the visitors congratulated me for being able to ‘catch’ it, I shrugged and decided to go back on my seat. As soon as I settled myself back to our table, I roamed my eyes to search for the twins and suppressed a laugh when I saw them sitting comfortably in the platform munching on a piece of cake and icing is already over their white tuxedo. They look satisfied so I just let them continue what they are doing.

“Nice catch noona!” Kyuhyun grinned at me.

“I didn’t catch it! It fell right to my hands.” I argued.

“That means you are really meant to be married next.” Yesung teased.

“Yeah. Whatever.” I rolled my eyes.

The MC announced the next activity wherein the boys will have to catch the lacy garter of the bride,  they believed that whoever catch it will have a ‘chance’ with the one who catched the bouquet. All of the single boys proceeded to the center earning a groan from me. Seriously, who ever said those things are out of their mind. How can catching something tells you your future?

“I’m joining.” Kyuhyun stood up and grinned at me.

“Me too!” Ryeowook raised his hands up.

Yesung oppa stood up and started stretching. “This would be fun!” He exclaimed.

“What? You guys want to get married now? Or you want to have a chance with me?” I said with sarcasm.

“I need to do something to make up for what I did. I think being a substitute and catching that garter for Hyukjae hyung isn’t a bad idea.” Kyuhyun said and winked at me.

“Kyuhyun ah! I’ll box out, grab it immediately!” Yesung laid out his plan.

“I’ll prevent the other guys from catching it too. Do your best Kyuhyun ah! It is the height that matters!” Ryeowook said and ran next to them. I shook my head thinking how impossible these guys are. Substitute? They are really funny. But I can’t help thinking that if Hyukjae was there, will he be able to catch it? I erased all of the thoughts and concentrated in watching the scene. May God bless those three because honestly, I don’t want the other guys to have it.

“One, Two, Three!” Nichkhun counted and tossed the garter to the boys. True to what they say, Yesung and Ryeowook tried to box out the other boys you’ll think they are on a basketball game waiting for the rebound. They are quite successful in preventing the others but the boys are too many that some of them managed to still battle it out to catch the thing. Because there are still  four people left trying to get it, including Kyuhyun, the garter was tossed back to the air by their force and it slipped out of their grasp, falling to the ground directly infront of the twins who were busy munching their cake while watching the whole scene. The twins’ eyes beamed and they immediately grab it before the other guys can even react. They held it in their hands and started jumping up and down earning a laugh from the crowd and an amused look from the boys.

“We won!” We won!” the twins cheered, their mouths covered with icing and crumbs so as their suits.. They faced Nichkhun and asked him for a prize.

“I think in one way or another, Hyukjae is still having his ways.” He grinned. “Go and get your prize kiddos, a kiss from eommy!” He said and urged the boys to approach me.

“Eommy~~!!” They ran to my direction and showed me the garter. “We got it! Kiss!” They said and puckered their lips.

“My babies won over the big boys.” I laughed and squatted down for them to reach my cheeks. They gave me a kiss on each side and a camera flashed.

“Cute!” The people cooed.

“Perfect!” The official photographer of the event said after taking the shot.

“I think the kids did the job for their appa. Whew! That was exhausting!” Kyuhyun said as he sat beside me and ruffled the twins’ hair. The twins stuck their tongue at him, proud that they beat their uncles.

“You did great kids!” Ryeowook pinched their now chubby cheeks lightly while Yesung oppa gave them a high five.

“It is safe to say that Hyukjae did it again.” Yesung oppa commented.

After the program, the newly weds initiated the dance and everyone followed. I am still enjoying my time chatting with the trio and laughing at the twin’s witty replies to their uncles when someone tapped my shoulders lightly.

“Hi beautiful, can I have a dance with you?” The lead actor of the musical offered his hand with a flirtatious grin. Victoria and Nichkhun were forced to invite him out of courtesy because he is around when they invited Professor Bynes. I managed to look away and roll my eyes.

“I don’t da-“

“AAAH!” The guy shouted when the twins walked on his side making sure that they stepped on his feet hard. The twins even gritting their teeth while doing so. After hearing the guy’s shout, the twins walked away like nothing happened.

“Oopsie!” They both giggled and ran off to the refreshment area. I heard the trio’s chuckle beside me. Damn. Those kids are starting to be evil but I can’t deny the fact that they are smart and they do me quite a favor.

“Kids are really careless at times. Well, I don’t think you can dance now.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“It’s nothing and I can still dance especially because I know that you won’t decline.” He said and I really wanted to erase that smug on his face in anyway possible. He is about to grab my hand when someone took it before him.

“My SISTER-IN-LAW is busy.” Kyuhyun said putting stress on the word sister-in-law before pulling me on the dance floor to dance leaving the guy behind. Ryeowook and Yesung left the table too when the guy tried to complain to them. Of course they will because the guy speaks in English.

“I didn’t know that you can speak English fluently, Kyuhyun ah.” I told him when we reached the dance floor.

“Oh no, I don’t. That’s why I immediately dragged you here. Escape.” He grinned at me.

“But thanks anyway. I owe you one.” I said.

“Let’s call it quits. I also owe you and hyung one when I accidentally slipped about that thing in Strong Heart.” He mumbled.

“Sure.” I smiled at him.

“By the way, the twins are improving, huh.”

“Don’t get me started with that Cho Kyuhyun.” I warned him. “Or I will really ask for a restraint order against you.” I added as a joke and he suppressed a laugh.

“You are evil hyungsoonim.” He squinted.

“Look who’s talking.” I rolled my eyes.

“You are really fit to be my sister-in-law.” He grinned.

“You think so?”

“I know so.” He replied and we both laughed.

The wedding ended up successfully and the other visitors went back to their respective hotel rooms. The three boys bid their goodbye a little later than the others and told me and the newly weds that they have to go back to Korea because their schedule is really pretty ‘hectic’, their flight just a few hours away.

“When are you going back noona? It has been two months.” Kyuhyun asked when I send them off.

“Hyukjae told me that he will take me back if everything is already settled. I have to wait for him.” I answered and they nodded before finally saying their goodbye.