Unexpected Boarders

That Thin Line

HANNAH POV

 

It was already 25 minutes passed six in the evening when we ended up the meeting and I went straight to the Lee’s residence. Contrary to my belief, Hyukjae’s parents welcomed me warmly and even asked me to stay for dinner. After a few minutes of chatting at the living room and their non stop questions about the kids and how are things going between me and Hyukjae with the topic of marriage being opened again, they decided to lay it off when they remembered that they still need to cook dinner.

“The kids are on Hyukjae’s room with Sora. They’ve been spending the whole day playing there and they totally forgot the sand box that they grandfather bought for them. I think they really love their father’s room.” She smiled at me.

“Yeah. I guess you are right, eomma.” I told her and smiled back trying to conceal my embarrassment after hearing ‘Hyukjae’s room’.

“I just hope they won’t be such a handful like their father when he is still at their age. I admire your way of raising them, they are such lovable kids.” Hyukjae’s father commented.

“Well then, I have to prepare dinner now. It is already getting late.” His mother informed me.

“I’ll help you.” I volunteered.

“Aniyo. You are our visitor so just be comfortable around. You can check on the boys. It has been a long time since the last time you’ve been here but I believe you still know your way to Hyukjae’s room. There are not much changes in the house even after almost six years.” His father commented.

Make that almost after 4 years’ I thought but instead, I said. “If that is what you want, I’ll go and check the kids.”

I am on my way to Hyukjae’s room when I bumped into Sora Eonni on the stairs.

“Oh! You are already here.” She greeted me.

“I was interrogated by your parents at the living room so I failed to inform you that I am already here.” I joked and she rolled her eyes.

“You can barge in here anytime you want, just like the old times. I hope my parents didn’t put a lot of pressure on you with the talk or else Hyukjae might scold them if he finds out.” She chuckled.

“Most of it was all about the kids so I really enjoyed talking to them. And besides I know your brother won’t do that.”

“Believe me, he can. Especially if it concerns about you and the kids. He is willing to do everything just to make you happy.” She teased.

“So lovable.” I supplied and both of us ended up laughing.

“It is really inconvenient talking here at the staircase. The boys are sleeping but you can go straight to the room. I will just help prepare dinner.” She said before skipping her way to the kitchen.

As soon as I opened the door of Hyukjae’s room, I saw the twins peacefully sleeping on their father’s bed. Jiyoon’s left leg resting across his brother’s legs and Jihoon’s right arm resting on Jiyoon’s chest. I chuckled at their position and decided to fix it so that they can sleep comfortably. I give them a peck on their forehead before roaming around Hyukjae’s room. It was still the same old room with just an addition of a computer and keyboard on the corner of the room. I sat infront of the keyboard and started playing random notes. I stayed like that for a while, at first playing my favorite DBSK song Doue when I felt someone tugging on my shirt and a head resting on my lower leg. It turns out that I have woken the twins up without me knowing it and Jiyoon is now tugging on my shirt while Jihoon is seating on the floor, leaning on my right leg.

“Did eommy wake you up?” I asked and they both nodded.

“Sorry, baby” I told them. “Come on, let us go back to bed.” I gently pulled their hand to get their attention.

“Eommy, sing.” Jiyoon said pointing at the keyboard.

“You want me to sing? What song? Puff the Magic Dragon?” I smiled at them.

“No Kyuhyun ashushi.” Jihoon covered his ears earning a chuckle from me. I guess they are already sick of Kyuhyun’s Puff the magic dragon since he always sings that song whenever he visits the twins.

“Okay then, eommy will just sing another song.” I said and instructed them to sit beside me on the long chair.

I ended up singing ‘Hitome wo tojite’ a song which I am starting to love after hearing Leeteuk oppa’s version of it. If I am not mistaken, it means ‘Close your Eyes’, well I just wish that the twins will close their eyes soon because if not, I am sure they will start saying their favorite line whenever I am singing.. ‘One More’ until I end up making a mini concert having them as my audience. I think this is one of the results of me singing a lot for them during my pregnancy, maybe they are too attached with my voice.

A clapping sound from the door surprised me after I played the last note. I looked back and saw Hyukjae leaning on the door post, clapping his hands with a smile on his face.

“Lovely.” He said looking straight at me.

“APPA!” the twins jolted as if they are suddenly recharged just with the mere sight of there father. I guess, that can’t be helped since they haven’t seen each other for a while now. They jumped of the seat and ran straight to their father. Hyukjae squatted and opened his arms for the twins. With the sight of the three most important men in my life, I can feel a warm feeling enveloping my heart.

“Miss me?” Hyukjae asked the twins as he stood up and carried each of them in his arms. The boys nodded enthusiastically.

“How long have you been there?” I asked him.

“Long enough to indulge with your lovely voice.” He approached me and gave me a peck on the lips.

As he pulled away, Jiyoon started to lean to my direction while extending his arms.

“WOAH! Little boy, stay still or else appa might drop you.” Hyukjae said as he steadied himself back. With two boys in his hands, I can see that it is hard for him to balance both of them.

“Eommy~ Kiss!” Jiyoon said as he pursed his lips.

“Me! Me!” Jihoon too extended his hands towards me.

“What’s with these boys?” I asked with a knotted forehead but managed to smile. I reached for Jiyoon after giving Jihoon a peck on the lips and give Jiyoon just the same.

“I think they envied their appa.” Hyukjae grinned and motioned each of the boys to give him a high five which they gladly did.

We sat back to the chair with Jiyoon on my lap and Jihoon on Hyukjae’s. The kids started pressing random keys that produced random sounds.

“Hey, let us sing Puff the Magic Dragon, Kyuhyun ahjussi taught you the song right?” Hyukjae asked. Upon hearing the title of the song, the kids gave a disgruntled look.

“Why? You don’t like it?”He asked and the boys just covered their ears and shook their heads.

“I think they started to be sick of it since Kyuhyun has been singing that song a lot, he even gave them a stuff toy where he recorded the song.”

“He is endorsing his Puff the magic Dragon that much?” Hyukjae chuckled.

“Boys, why don’t you sing Puff the Magic Dragon for appa?” I asked them. They pouted and shook their heads.

“Come on boys, appa will play the keyboard for you.” Hyukjae said and played a few notes of the song. Upon hearing their father playing the keyboard, the twins beamed and started swaying their heads.

“We are going to sing now?” I asked them. They nodded and I started the song to give them a cue.

“Puff…” I motioned them to sing.

“Puffmashicwagon….” They sang or I should say screamed the first words before going back to their normal voice and started singing the lyrics that we grown ups regards as incoherent words. After a few lines of incoherent words they finally ended the song with…

“My mom is Hannah Lee~~!” They shouted the lyrics which should be ‘In the Land of Honah Lee’. I was left dumfounded.

Hyukjae messed up with the final note because he ended up laughing out loud, his hands on his stomach.

“Yah!” I slapped his shoulders but he just can’t stop from laughing.

“Kyuhyun ahjussi taught you that song?” I asked the twins. This is actually my first time hearing them singing the song so I was really shocked. They nodded their heads and Jiyoon started again and Jihoon joined him. Both of them singing it while swaying their heads and hands.

“Puffmashicwagon….adsadfgklhgleuutpfnvjdeosnvmhfifkdyralfvnjrhfn…. my mom is Hannah Lee~~!” They sang and Hyukjae who I thought was already finished laughing burst out in another roar of laughter again making the twins giggle.

“I swear I am going to kill Kyuhyun.” I mumbled.

“Hey, it is cute!” Hyukjae argued while wiping the tears from the side of his eyes that was formed because of his heartful laugh.

“Kyuhyun finally taught them something that I will appreciate.”He continued. “Their mom is Hannah Lee~!” He sang and I rolled my eyes. But their laugh and giggle is too contagiuous that I also ended up smiling.

“Yah! Stop it. You are starting to look like a fool.” I told Hyukjae.

“But seriously, that was the best version of Puff the magic Dragon.” He said giving the twins a thumbs up. “Clap! Clap” He urged the twins and they did.

 

After the dinner with Hyukjae’s family we decided to go back home using my car since Leeteuk oppa just dropped Hyukjae here a while ago. As soon as we get to the apartment, I was surprised to see that Kyuhyun and Leeteuk oppa are already there.

“YOU!” I said pointing and squinting at Kyuhyun.

 “I haven’t killed anyone, I didn’t steal anything, there is no need for me to anyone and I am law abiding citizen.” He said raising both of his arms in the air.

“What’s with you and your Puff the Magic Dragon?!” I shrieked.

“What? Oh!” He said and snapped his fingers and patted the twins’ head. “My students are really great, huh. You like it Hannah noona?” he asked wiggling his eyebrows.

“I love it.” Hyukjae answered instead.

“What’s going on?” Leeteuk oppa asked clueless of the situation.

“Boys, sing Puff the magic Dragon for Uncle Teukkie.” Kyuhyun instructed the boys and gave them the cue.

Leeteuk oppa reacted the same way Hyukjae did when he first heard it and Kyuhyun was just smiling cheekily beside him.

“Aish!” I glared at him.  I think I will start covering my ears whenever I hear that song again, just like how the twins acted earlier.

I sat on the couch pouting; Hyukjae sat beside me and gave me a peck on thelips.

“You know what? I always have this urge to kiss you whenever you do that.” He whispered.

“This is not for minors.” Leeteuk oppa said. Kyuhyun and Leeteuk oppa covered their eyes using the twin’s little hands instead of doing it the other way around.

“Oh hyung, I have a new song for you... I mean for Hannah noona.” Kyuhyun said excitedly and I glared at him.

“This one is really good!” Kyuhyun exclaimed. “Hyung, Our part in LALALALA.” He turned to Hyukjae.

“Which one?” Hyukjae knotted his forehead.

“Third stanza…” Kyuhyun reminded him but Hyukjae is still confused. “Last part.” He added.

“Oh! Right!” Hyukjae beamed as he stood up beside Kyuhyun. The other guy started singing.

“This song is for my Hannah noona.” He introduced.

Kyuhyun: jinjja eesanghan geon sasilreun nanji molra
Eunhyuk: dolgo dolgo dolra eojileojil eoryeowo

“Ggeutnae miso hanbang geugeo HANNAH…” Kyuhyun paused for a few notes after stressing Hannah.

“Be my girl, girl, girl~” Hyukjae continued kneeling theatrically infront of me. Leeteuk oppa and the twins started giggling maybe thinking about how funny Hyukjae looked.

“Ggeutnae miso hanbang geugeo HANNAH…” Kyuhyun repeated.

“Be my girl, girl, girl~” Hyukjae added as he sat beside mewhile singing his part.

I rolled my eyes and glanced at Kyuhyun. “Just stick with being a great singer, Kyuhyun ah. Stop altering lyrics!”

“It is good, admit it!” He defended.

“Be my girl, girl, girl~” Hyukjae butted in. I sarcastically smiled at him and patted his cheeks.

“I told you to stop making a fool out ouf yourself, babe~”

“I can’t help it. You always drive me crazy.” He said dramatically that my eyes widened.

“That made me cringe!” Kyuhyun commented rubbing his arms.

“Me too.” Leeteuk oppa commented giving Hyukjae a weird look.

“Stand up.” I pulled Hyukjae.

“Where are we going?” Hyukjae asked excitedly.

“I’ll take you to the hospital. You really need a shot of medicine because you are losing it again!” I snapped at him. Kyuhyun and Leeteuk oppa ended up laughing while Hyukjae pouted.

“I am just trying to be romantic!” Hyukjae defended.

“You still have a lot of things to learn.” Leeteuk oppa commented.

“We are willing to give you a few lessons.” Kyuhyun volunteered.

“Coming from you guys who are not even dating? Thanks, but no thanks.” Hyukjae stuck his tongue out at them.

“Okay, enough of that. Why are you guys here, anyway?” I asked the other two.

“Of course, to visit my dear students. Right boys?” Kyuhyun said enthusiastically pinching the twins’ cheeks lightly.

“OUCHIE!!!~~~” The twins rubbed their cheeks while pouting after the pinch.

“Cute!” Kyuhyun exclaimed.

“How about you?” I asked Leeteuk oppa. I saw Hyukjae kneel in front of the twins and started tickling their sides.

“I’ll be staying here for a while.” Oppa said with a shrug.

“You… What?” Hyukjae asked him.

“I’ll be staying here for a while.” Oppa repeated. “I was actually casted for Hello Baby and I need to learn how to take care of kids. I think a few lessons and experience will help me.” He explained. I nodded after his explanation. It is typical of my brother to give his all when it comes to his work.

“Well then…” Hyukjae pondered. “Kids, Uncle teukkie will tuck you to bed tonight? How is that?” He asked the twins.

The twins ran to oppa’s side and they started tugging the sides of his pants.

“Teukkie Teukkie… Milk!” Jiyoon demanded.

“Bed! Want Elmo!” Jihoon exclaimed while pulling Leeteuk oppa to their room.

“Wait! Wait! Hannah, what am I going to do?” He asked.

“Just go with the flow!” I replied.

“Goodluck hyung! Fighting!” Kyuhyun saluted.

“How was that for an instant nanny?” Hyukjae asked draping his arms on my shoulders.

“I don’t know.” I blurted out.

“Noona, can I stay here for the night?” Kyuhyun asked.

“What if I say no?” I asked with a lifted eyebrow.

“Noona~” He whined.

“Fine. You can stay. Just stop being such a pain, okay and no starcraft!” I said and he nodded with a grin.

“You can share the guest room with Leeteuk hyung.” Hyukjae informed him. “We are going to take a rest now.” He added as he guided me to our room.

“Noona! Hyung!” Kyuhyun called out. We looked back at him and saw him looking at the ceiling. “As much as I love the twins because they are great students…” He looked back us. “I want a niece this time.” He grinned.

Since we are not that far away from the living room. I snatched a throw pillow from the couch and threw it to Kyuhyun’s direction, hitting him straight in the face. As I marched to the room, I heard Kyuhyun’s heartful laugh again.

Seriously, that maknae is just so….. ARGH!

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------

A-CHA!!!! *fan girl scream*

I've been having a last song syndrome with 'Puff the Magic Dragon'! LOL XD

Watching Hello Baby :)