A Big Problem?

That Thin Line

Leeteuk POV

 

                 Yesung and I reached the dorm at about 12:00 in the morning and were surprised to see that Shindong and Heechul are already in the living room, doing their own stuffs. This day has been very hectic for everyone. Before our radio program, Yesung had a rehearsal for his new musical, Heechul had this variety guesting, Shindong and I finished the filming for 2 episodes of Strong Heart and the manager told us something about being permanent guest on Kang Ho Dong’s new variety program together with Eunhyuk after SJ-M’s activities in Taiwan.  For Super Junior, releasing one album each year doesn’t mean having more free time for our selves. Each of us has separate schedules and projects to attend to like our radio program, tv show guestings, dramas, MCing, musicals, singing OSTs and the likes. As for SJ-M, they are in the midst of concluding their Perfection album promotions in Taiwan and I think they’ll be back on the third week of July. Sadly, they won’t be home to celebrate my birthday with me. We hadn’t seen them for two months and I admit it I miss those guys, I miss this place being chaotic and all and I just want to see our family back together. We are not just band mates, we are brothers and I am proud of it.

 

                I will be celebrating my birthday two days from now and the company organized a party for me. I really care less about having a party for my birthday, I just want to have my brothers and family with me for a small celebration like we used to every year. But I think this year is different. Yeah, I got this big cocktail party for my birthday on Saturday but some of the guys can’t make it, my family can’t make it, and since my younger sister is still in Boston, she can’t make it… for the 5th time. I can only sigh, so much for calling it a happy birthday.  I was about to sit beside Heechul and ask the guys if their day went just fine when I heard my phone rang.

 

“I’ll just take this.” I told them and they just nodded.

“Yoboseyo?” I answered the call.

“Hello there handsome!” The girl from the other line greeted me with a perfect English accent and with a giggle.  I looked at my phone’s screen to check who is calling.

“Yah!~ Park Hannah! Since when did I allow you to speak informally with me?” I pretended to be angry.

“There is no informal speech in English, oppa.” She reasoned in Korean . I could imagine her pouting while doing so.

“Well then, stop using English when you are talking to oppa, it is irritating to hear!”

“Just because you can’t speak the language.” She teased me.

“Aish! I’ll hang up if you won’t stop.”

“You’ll hang up? Can you really do that to your most loved younger sister, oppa?”  She said on a teasing tone again.

“As if I have other younger sisters.” I answered and ended the call. Then, I dialed her number again while grinning.

“You really hang up on me, how dare you??!!!” Those words greeted me after she answered my call.

“I told you I can do it.”

“You are breaking my heart, oppa!” She wined and I laughed at it.

“See? You are laughing because of my misery!”

“Misery? You are too exaggerated Hannah. Now, stop whining and tell me the reason why you called. International calls are expensive!”

“Your fault for hanging up a while ago. But never mind, I just want to tell you that this Saturday will be the best day of your life.” She stated excitedly and I sighed.

“Just because it’s my birthday doesn’t mean I’ll be very happy about it.”

“Oh come on, you should be. I heard the company organized a birthday party for you!”

“Yeah, a birthday party. I will rather choose celebrating it with Shindong, Yesung and Heechul on a Soju house than on that party. You know how I loved celebrating it only with my family and close friends.”

“And I haven’t celebrated it with you for the past four years… I’m sorry” She said and I almost punch myself for saying that after hearing her sad voice.

“Hannah, it’s okay. It is not your fault. You can’t possibly fly all the way from the States to Korea just to attend by birthday. Those phone calls of yours are more than enough.” I assured her.

“No. Those are not enough. I will make it up to you, oppa. This time, I will be there to celebrate with you. I promise.” She said full of conviction.

“You don’t have to. Just concentrate on your studies there and always be safe for me.”

“I’m coming home.”

“Bwo?” I was shocked with what she said.

“I am coming home. My flight is tomorrow. I told you, I’ll be there in time for your party. As for my studies, I already graduated two weeks ago, I just ask eomma and eonni not to tell you because I am not sure if I can make it on your birthday, but since everything is settled here in Boston… I’ll be home soon.” She explained and I was just too happy to hear everything, I can feel my tears are b. This might be the last time for me celebrating my birthday with them before entering the military service and my dongsaeng whom I haven’t seen for years will be here to celebrate it with me.  A happy birthday is still possible.

“Oppa?”

“Ne?” I sniffed.

“Are you crying? Aigoo~ you are still so sensitive. You are too old for that oppa.”

“I was just happy. Thank you, Hannah. But don’t call me old!” I reprimanded her while laughing. This is what I miss. Having Hannah around and teasing each other to death. I just love this younger sister of mine.  Don’t get me wrong, I love Inyoung noona too, but I can’t tease Inyoung noona the way I tease Hannah. Most of the time, I’ll be the one who will get embarrassed and she is the one who is taking care of me. Besides, she has her own family now on her top priority. With Hannah, I still get to even if she is miles away and now that she is coming home,  I will be back to being the older brother again.

“Okay, As you say so. Oops, Got to go oppa, I still have lots of packing to do.”

“Arrasseo. Take good care of yourself okay? I’ll be seeing you at the airport.”

“I’ll just see you then. Good bye, oppa. Saranghae!” Then she ended the call.

I was literally jumping and smiling like crazy when I went back to the living room. Apparently, Heechul also just ended a phone call and looked at me with a huge smile on his face and his eyebrows going up and down. “They are coming!!!” He yelled excitedly and danced on the living room.

 

“Who? Wonder Girls?” I could only think of them when I saw Heechul acting excited and all.

“Aish! NO! The other guys. They’ll be back on Saturday morning. They’ll make it to the celebration, hyung!” And then he started dancing happily joined by Yesung and Shindong. I was about to celebrate with them when I remembered something.

“So Eunhyuk will be there too?”

“Of course! What kind of question is that?” Heechul looked at me with a knotted forehead. “And be ready, he might tag some random chic with him on the party. As usual.” He warned me with a smirk.

I smacked my palm on my forehead. “!”  I never expected this to happen.  Aigoo~ 

“Yah! What’s your problem?”

“Hyung, is there something wrong with you and eunhyuk ssi?” Shindong asked.

“Did you guys have a misunderstanding or something recently? We can talk about it.” Yesung said with concern in his eyes.

It is inevitable. They’ll be seeing each other again. I don’t know what to do.  I can smell war and chaos. But, it is my birthday, I could ask them to be at least civil to each other, right? Or I can do something to make sure that their paths won’t cross and they will not see each other on the party. Yeah, maybe I can do that. ‘And for how long Jung Soo? Your sister will be staying here for good. You are in Super Junior with Eunhyuk. There is a very slim chance that they won’t see each other.’  I covered my face with my hand and I think my frustration is evident so Heechul yelled at me.

“YAH! PARK JUNGSOO! WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?!”

“She’s coming…” I answered almost a whisper.

“SHE WHO? There are a lot of-  OH CRAP!” He looked at me shocked. “Don’t tell me it’s her?”

“WHO?!” Yesung and Shindong asked in unison. Both of them don’t have any idea on what had happened between Hannah and Eunhyuk several years ago.

I just stared at Heechul blankly and he took it as a confirmation. “What am I going to do?” I asked him.

“I think we must go and get our first aid kit ready. I’ll start reading the bible and praying for world peace too.” He ran to his room leaving me hopeless while Yesung and Shindong confused.

Well I guess, this year, It will be a very interesting birthday party…

Park Jung Soo… Fighting!