Chapter 51

Protect your hyung

After about two hours Sandeul and his grandpa went home along with the butler. They found the maids preparing for the dinner that was about to take place that evening while grandpa went to take a short nap before the other family members arrived. ”Sandeul you go and rest too.” “Yeah grandpa. See you tonight.” Sandeul left for his parents’ room and when he went inside he found them watching TV.”Hey appas.I’m back.” “Oh Sandeullie.Thank god you’re back. I was worried that you won’t be here in time to get ready.” “What’s all the fuss about appa?” “Well...Sungmin just told me that his appa and umma are coming for this dinner as well.” “Oh...granddad is coming?” “Yeah.” “So...?” “Well you know that he and your appa don’t get along too well so-“ “So you want to use me to impress him?” “Noooo.I want you to try and get closer with him and maybe that would ease the tension between them.” “How could I get closer to him? I haven’t seen him more than ten times. I barely remember his face.” “Just try baby. For your appa’s sake. Look at him...”They both looked at Sungmin who was changing the channel looking bored.”He’s so sad right now.” Sandeul sighed then he looked down. “Okay appa I’ll try.”

“I almost forgot. Here you need to wear this for tonight.” Kyuhyun said as he gave Sandeul an expensive looking suit. ”A suit?” “You need to look good boy. You didn’t think you’ll be wearing your jeans for tonight’s dinner did you?” Sandeul smiled and then he left for his room. He jumped on the bed and it felt extremely comfortable. ’Just like Himchan’s bed’ he thought to himself. He shook his head and then he fell asleep. He woke some hours later and went to take a bath. After the one hour long bath he slipped into his boxers and went to look at the time which showed 6:00 pm.Since the dinner was going to be served at 7:00 he took his time to get dressed and brushed his hair making it look like silk. He then put on his suit that made him look exceptionally cute yet handsome at the same time.

He went downstairs where he found most of the relatives talking to each other. He went over to where his parents were and he was introduced to his relatives for the first time. When it was finally seven everyone sat at the table but there were three seats that were still empty.

Everyone was waiting and talking in the ears when finally the door spread open and in came Sandeul’s real granddad along with his wife. “Finally. You decided to show up?”Sungmin’s Grandpa said “Sorry father we got held up by a certain someone.”Sungmin’s dad said as he looked back at a young man.”Ohh.I see that you brought your brother’s son with you. Why isn’t he here?” “He said that he had to go on a business trip for the hotel or something but Jinyoung wanted to come.” “Well he is my grandson after all so I am more than happy to have him here.”

Sandeul was about to faint from hunger when a person who was standing in the doorway caught his eye and he came back to earth. It was that kid that he had seen on the street. He looked really different though. All dressed up. Hair styled and a nice clean face. In other words he looked really handsome and really really rich.

Jinyoung started walking towards the empty seats and he sat on the chair that was beside Sandeul leaving his grandpa and grandma to sit beside Sandeul’s appas.”Nice to meet you again.” Jinyoung said as he smirked at Sandeul.”You!!!Did you know who I was?” “Of course I knew. Grandpa always talks about you so much when I’m here with him. He also showed me pictures that my cousin sent him.” “Wait so you’re my appa’s cousin? You mean your appa and my grandpa are brothers???” “Seems like it, yes.”Sandeul’s face still looked a bit confused but then his expression totally changed when he got what was happening.

“So...what’s your name?” “I’m Jinyoung and you’re Sandeul. Am I correct?” “Yeah nice to meet you hyung.” “What do you mean hyung? I’m seventeen too.” “But-but these clothes. They make you look much older.” “Yeah I know. But I’m still seventeen so let’s call each other by name k?” “Okay...cousin...tehehehe.”Sandeul giggled cutely giving his best smile

while the other patted him on the head. “You’re cute.” Jinyoung said still his hand on Sandeul’s head. “I get that a lot.”Sandeul said before he started eating.

When they were half through the dinner Sandeul looked at Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun signalled him to talk to Sungmin’s appa.He looked at him and wondered what he would say. ‘Just a normal conversation would do right? ’Sandeul thought.”Grandpa.”Sandeul said while looking at him. Sungmin looked at Sandeul with a confused look on his face and so did his father. “How have you been grandpa? “He said with a smile.”Ahh.I’m good...How about you San-san” “Sandeul. My name is Sandeul and I’m good. So happy to be meeting everyone today especially you granddad.“They had to admit it.Sandeul had sweet words that made people chuckle at times“Oh why is that?”He said with a smile on his face “Well first I haven’t seen you in a long time. Second I wasn’t quite sure what your face looked like since I last saw you when I was 11 so...” “You grew up to be a really handsome boy Sandeul. Your words made me happy today. And Sungmin...”He looked at Sungmin who had big eyes and then he continued “It’s good to see that you and your *clears throat* husband have been fine. Raising such a nice kid.” “Yeah appa.We’ve been good. ”Sungmin said and then he continued eating and so did Sandeul’s granddad.

Jinyoung whispered in Sandeul’s ear and he said “Don’t worry about them. They’ll be fine. Let’s go for another walk when we finish eating okay?” Sandeul gulped and then nodded. Jinyoung had sent shivers running down Sandeul’s spine and he was now blushing at how close the two of them were to each other. When they were done eating Sandeul and Jinyoung both went outside and started walking in the humongous garden. “You want uncle and his son to get closer together huh? Why did they become like this in the first place?” “When granddad found out that my appa was gay he didn’t want to accept him so they haven’t really talked that much ever since he was in high school.“ Sandeul said as he sat underneath a tree forgetting that he was dressed in a nice suit. Jinyoung sat right beside him not caring if he had ruined his very expensive and branded clothes. “So...you too? “Jinyoung asked as he moved closer to Sandeul. ”Me too what?” “Are you gay too?” Sandeul’s jaw dropped and he looked immediately to the ground and said nothing.”Yah you don’t have to be shy about it.”Jinyoung said as he ruffled the younger’s hair.

”How-how did you know? “Sandeul stuttered out “It’s not every day that I feel tension when I’m talking to a guy.” “You-you feel tension?” “Yeah.When I was on the tree I recognized you that’s why I talked to you. But then when you talked back to me it felt different then I had expected it to be.” “So you realized by how I talked to you? God am I that obvious??” “Not really but I spot these things out. It’s something I do.” “Are you fine with that?” “Yeah of course I am.We’ll be staying here together since grandpa offered me to stay here aswell.We’ll get to hang out.” “At least I’ll have someone my age to keep me company.Let's become best buddies okay?” “For sure. ”Jinyoung said and then he kissed Sandeul on the cheek making him blush.”Yah.Guys don’t do that. They usually rough house.” “I don’t want to hurt my newly found cousin so it would be better if I didn’t do that.” Sandeul smiled at Jinyoung and then he suddenly got up. “Let’s go up to bed.” “Yeah.”Jinyoung said and they both went up.

Sandeul entered his room while Jinyoung went to have a talk with his grandpa. He took off his clothes and stayed in his boxers then jumped on his bed and looked to the side”Was this bed here this morning?” he said and then he shrugged. When he was half asleep he heard to door open and in came a figure.

Sandeul slowly opened his eyes and he saw Jinyoung in front of him. Jinyoung looked back at him and he smiled and went over to the bed and sat down next to Sandeul ”Grandpa said that I have to stay in this room since some of the relatives got drunk and are staying in the other rooms. Is that okay with you?” he said with a calm voice.”Yeah sure. ”Sandeul said half asleep and half smiling. “Okay then. You can go back to sleep. I’ll just get out of these clothes first okay?” “Mhm”Sandeul said with his eyes still open.

Jinyoung started stripping his clothes off and he was left with some shorts and a shirt. He dragged his bed closer to Sandeul’s and then climbed in it.Sandeul continued staring at him his breath being a bit taken away while the latter closed his eyes.” If you want to sleep you have to close your eyes Sandeullie.” “I can’t.”Sandeul said as he pouted making the latter’s eyes open wide. “Why not?” “I usually sleep hugging with my huge pillow but I don’t have one here.”He lied. The truth was that he was feeling weird sleeping with him. He had never slept with anyone else other than Himchan and Eunjae.”Well then...”Jinyoung crept closer and he hugged Sandeul in between his arms making the latter inhale his nice perfumed neck “if that’s the case, we can sleep like this. Hug me instead of your pillow.”Sandeul’s heart was now beating fast but still he built up the courage and he pushed him away. “It’s fine. I’ll just have to get used to sleeping without it then.” he said while he gave Jinyoung his back.Somehow he managed to still go to sleep after a few minutes.