Chapter 4

Protect your hyung

She entered her house and yelled at the top of her lungs"APPA HYUKKIE I'M HOME."Hyukkie came out of the kitchen wearing his apron and when he saw her he went to take her bag and kiss her on the cheek.Donghae came out of the bathroom holding a magazine in his hands. "Donghae. Remember when you said that Eunjae resembled me alot?" "Yeah honey.What about it." "She resembles you too.You both like to break all the glass with your high-pitched voices when you enter this house."They both started laughing simultaneously and Eunhyuk joined in as well."How was school baby?Hae told me that there's this boy who was teasing you.Does my baby have a boyfriend?" "Of course not Appa Hyukkie.He's just a boy who likes to get on my nerves on purpose that's all appa."She said with an innocent voice."Oh is that all?"He frowned."Hyukkie how about we go to the kitchen so we could talk to her about you know what" "Ahhh yeah.I forgot about it already.Let's go" "What?What do you guys want to tell me?"They went to the kitchen and sat down while she followed them bouncing up and down in happiness thinking that they were gonna say something exciting to her.She finally sat down in between them and waited still pouncing in her chair.

"Eunjae honey you remember your uncle Kyu and Sungmin's son don't you?" "Yeah.What's up with him?" "Well recently he's being bullied by some kids.Have you seen who they are?" "Nope.We're not in the same class." "Ohh I see.But you see him when he's in school right?" "Yeah sometimes." "Does he have any friends?" "No" "Do you?" "I wouldn't really call the kids that I associate with my friends."Yup she likes to use words that make her sound older and intelligent. Eunhyuk spoke up for the first time and said"Then why don't you make friends with him?" "WHAT?!? No!!!He always glares at me when he sees me.I don't like him." "Honey he doesn't glare...it's...just the way he looks at people." "No it's not.He just likes to glare at me he never glared at you or Hae appa."Eunhyuk looked at Donghae and formed the words 'HELP ME' with his mouth.Donghae decided to take control of the situation and so he spoke up again.

"Honey.He needs help from you.You need to protect him,make friends with him and never let him get hurt.You can do this for your appa's right?" "But I don't want too."She pouted cutely and Donghae almost gave in but fortunately Eunhyuk saw him and kicked him from underneath the table."Yahh"He glared at Hyukkie and then looked at Eunjae again and she was still pouting. "Eunjae please do it for us okay?"She nodded still sad and said"Fine appa.I'll only do it for you two." "Okay then I'll go call Kyu and tell him the news.Tomorrow meet Sandeul at the school gate okay?" He kissed her on the head and then ran out of the room and went to phone Kyuhyun. "I'm so proud of you baby.You're a really good girl.Take good care of him okay?" "Yeas appa Hyukkie." He smiled at how obedient his daughter was and wanted to cheer her up now that she was sad."Hey baby.Will you come to the grocer with me?I'll buy you some sweets since you've been such a good girl but only for today okay."She instantly smiled when she heard the word sweets and once again she got out of her seat and started bouncing up and down.

Next day at school

Eunjae was waiting by the school gate like she was told when she heard someone saying her name.She looked upwards and saw her uncle"Eunjae have you been waiting out here for long?" "Not that much uncle Sungmin." "Oh ok.Sandeul stay with Eunjae at all times okay?and don't let anyone bully you." "Yes appa" he said while looking down."Here Eunjae have a muffin Kyuhyun made them yesterday and told me to bring you one." He gave her the muffin and her face lit up.She held it in her hand protectively and then she thanked her uncle.He said bye to them and then left.

They stood there looking at the ground in an awkward silence until she spoke up"How have you been Sandeul?"she said hesitantly."Fine" he responded and didn't even ask her how she was."Okay then.Let's go inside."She started walking while he followed her shyly.She sat down on a bench and he stopped in front of her and just stared at her."What are you doing?Aren't you going to sit?"He sat on the bench as far away as he could and started playing with his fingers.She stood up and sat even closer to him."Are you uncomfortable like this?" "No." "Why don't you talk much?" "Becuase I don't know you." "Well then get to know me.Tell me about yourself." "About me?" "Yeah." "Well I like playing and reading books." "What else do you like to do besides playing video games?Watching movies?" "Yes." "Okay good at least you do things everyone else does."She looked at her hands and noticed that she was still holding the muffin in her hands.She split it in half and out came the chocolate that was in the middle.She thought at first of giving him half of the muffin but was tempted to eat it all herself when she saw the chocolate.She put out her hand to him and said" Here have half of it."She almost started crying because she loved chocolate VERY much."Ani you take it appa gave it to you." she looked at him and said"Open your mouth." He listened to her.She started feeding him little by little and he ate the half"Was it good?" "Mhm appa is the best cook ever when it comes to sweets" She was curious to see how it tasted so she gulped her half and in one bite she ate it all."MMMMM it really is good.Thanks to your appas muffin we are already a little closer.Don't be shy around me from now on and don't glare at people" "I don't glare at people it's just the way I look at things." "Oh really?!I thought you like to glare at things." "No I don't" "Good to know such info.How about I take you to class.It's almost time to start the first lesson." "Okay then." "At lunch break wait for me in your classroom okay? I'll come for you and then we can hang out and play together." "Okay.Ughh" "What?" "Does this mean we're friends now?" "Well do you want to be my friend?" "Yeah.You'll be my first friend." "Okay then you'll be mine aswell." 

She grabbed his hand and they started walking together to his classroom swaying their hands between them still intertwined.